Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

with the rumor that [...] Zelda are getting NX ports I dont think there will be Wii U backwards compatibility

You can't port a game that doesn't exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also that idea doesn't hold water because that's what happened to twilight princess. You could play the GameCube version on the Wii if you wanted

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Humble Friends of Nintendo Bundle, for US, EU and AU.

Pay $1:
Retro City Rampage DX (3DS)
Affordable Space Adventures (Wii U)
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Wii U and 3DS)
10% off Humble Monthly for New Subscribers

Beat the Average:
Freedom Planet (Wii U)
Rhythym Thief & The Emperor's Treasure (3DS)
Citizens of Earth (Wii U or 3DS)
Retro City Rampage DX Home Menu Theme (3DS)
More Games Next Tuesday

Pay $13:
Super Street Fighter IV (3DS)
Darksiders II (Wii U)

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

If you don't already have Rhythm Thief, get it get it get it get it get it get it

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

$1 for Shantae rules.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Kins posted:

Pay $1:

Beat the Average:
Freedom Planet (Wii U)
More Games Next Tuesday

Pay $13:
Darksiders II (Wii U)

$13 for all that? poo poo why not.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Here are some spare codes:

Shantae WiiU: B0LGF0TL43GRL59X

SSF43D: Taken

E: to clarify, these are EU codes.

Junpei Hyde fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 26, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

1 dollar for Shantae is criminal.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

The Kins posted:

Pay $1:

Beat the Average:
Freedom Planet (Wii U)
More Games Next Tuesday

Pay $13:
Darksiders II (Wii U)

Anyone know why you get Shantae for both systems but Citizens of Earth on only one? Seems odd that they both aren't one way or the other.

Also, unless they're just taking a while to show up, you don't get any Gold on My Nintendo for these.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Junpei Hyde posted:

SSF43D: B0LBCRHV45QKXPQN

Thanks man, i took this one.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

jivjov posted:

Anyone know why you get Shantae for both systems but Citizens of Earth on only one? Seems odd that they both aren't one way or the other.

Also, unless they're just taking a while to show up, you don't get any Gold on My Nintendo for these.

I would imagine that was up to the individual publishers for the games. Citizens of Earth is Atlus and Shantae is Wayforward.

What a ridiculous deal this bundle is.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

jivjov posted:

You don't

quote:

On Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. These games are either available on Nintendo 3DS or Wii U. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is available on both Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. Pay $1 or more for access to Nintendo eShop codes for these games. Please check out the full system requirements here prior to purchasing. My Nintendo Points will not be given for the purchase of the Humble Friends of Nintendo Bundle.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Just remind me how these work; if you pay the top tier price now, do you get the "more games coming soon" games, or is it best to wait until they're all announced?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Just remind me how these work; if you pay the top tier price now, do you get the "more games coming soon" games, or is it best to wait until they're all announced?

As long as you paid above the average at the time of your purchase you'll get all the extra games.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Junpei Hyde posted:

As long as you paid above the average at the time of your purchase you'll get all the extra games.

And this holds true even if the average raises above the cost you paid initially.

It all is based on your "status" at time of purchase.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

Seriously? That's very... well, generous!

e: I should probably point out that the only times I've bought humble bundles is when the whole bundle had been announced, due to finding out about them late in the day.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Echo Chamber posted:

And make sure it's the GBA/Dual Strike characters. Don't give me the Days of Ruin poo poo.

Days of Ruin is a good loving game and you're just wrong.

It has one big fault and it's the graphics/design which are drab and boring compared to the rest of the series. Every battlefield is the same deserted brown wasteland.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Generally if the final tier is really good (this one is debatable) the average well keep going up so the best thing to do is just pay a penny more than the average and lock it in. Does anyone know if you can simply donate more and get the last tier if you really wanted to?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Ineffiable posted:

Generally if the final tier is really good (this one is debatable) the average well keep going up so the best thing to do is just pay a penny more than the average and lock it in. Does anyone know if you can simply donate more and get the last tier if you really wanted to?

You can do this by increasing your amount while the bundle is still being sold.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Went in for tenbux, considered $13 until I realized I already have SSFIV and DSII on Xbox 360.

So what's the recommended format to go for for Citizens of Earth? I hear Wii U version is silly with loading times, is such the case on 3DS as well?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I have literally all of those except freedom planet, which I didn't enjoy the demo, and SF4, so I guess I'll see what they add.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

If you do play Freedom Planet, make sure you play the mode that rips out all the story sequences. Its the difference between a pretty good Sonic fan game and a REAL BAD Sonic fan game.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Amppelix posted:

Days of Ruin is a good loving game and you're just wrong.

It has one big fault and it's the graphics/design which are drab and boring compared to the rest of the series. Every battlefield is the same deserted brown wasteland.

I loved Days of Ruin but I would love to see a new Advance Wars game with the Days of Ruin units and mechanics but the original characters and art style.

Edit: I liked the Days of Ruin characters and art but I think that would be the best of both worlds especially with the old cast riding on units

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 26, 2016

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

homeless snail posted:

If you do play Freedom Planet, make sure you play the mode that rips out all the story sequences. Its the difference between a pretty good Sonic fan game and a REAL BAD Sonic fan game.

The story and voices really aren't that bad. You'll roll your eyes at worst.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Takoluka posted:

The story and voices really aren't that bad. You'll roll your eyes at worst.

Even if you don't mind them the cutscenes break up the stages for too god damned long and ruin the otherwise breakneck pacing.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I never got into Fire Emblem, and I liked Advance Wars a lot. But there's no AW playable characters in Smash. :( (Don't bring up any mods)

I grew up under the Clinton and Bush era and I prefer my wars without consequences. :colbert:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Never played Rhythm Thief, but not much else in the bundle looks all that exciting really.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

What the gently caress?

You're not even gonna show me my keys. Are you serious. I hope I can VPN this bullshit away or something.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The story and acting in Freedom Planet is just really amateurish. It's relatively inoffensive but it's very clearly their first attempt at storytelling while the gameplay is much more high-quality. The cutscenes just kinda get in the way and it's better to play classic mode really.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Stink Terios posted:

What the gently caress?

You're not even gonna show me my keys. Are you serious. I hope I can VPN this bullshit away or something.

I suppose you could let someone you trust that is in one of the regions try your login and see if it shows anything for them.
Or just contact the humble bundle people and tell them what region you want your keys for, that's probably a better idea.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Stink Terios posted:

What the gently caress?

You could try contacting them.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Here's the list of available regions for product keys in the humble bundle. If you're not on that list, well...

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

I thought they would just give out region locked keys as normal as opposed to locking you out completely. Well, sent a support ticket and gonna play the waiting game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Shantae and Freedom Planet are both great.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Stink Terios posted:

I thought they would just give out region locked keys as normal as opposed to locking you out completely. Well, sent a support ticket and gonna play the waiting game.

It's weird, the site gave me a "this bundle isn't available here" message but I still got keys I could redeem.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Do I still get the next Tuesday games if I get the higher than average bundle now? Or should I wait.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

nerdman42 posted:

Do I still get the next Tuesday games if I get the higher than average bundle now? Or should I wait.

You'll get it. Once you pay above the average, you are in that tier, no matter what the price changes to.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Fuckin sweet, god bless Humble Bundle.

As an aside, does anyone know if Citizen of Earth has the same weird bugs as the Steam version?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

So, not only a really absurd value to content ratio deal going on here, but this time they got it right and it's not just for one region? What next? Pigs flying? Atlus publishing stuff in Europe? Like, dang. Buy this poo poo ASAP.

Affordable Space Adventures is a pretty neat coop game in the U. The third Shantae game is the best one so far. Rhythm Thief is not perfect but it's unique enough to make it amazing. SF4 still has an online population somehow even after all this time and it's a really good port. Freedom Planet is a great Sonic/Ristar mashup.

And they are adding more games after this?? Sure, why not.

nerdman42 posted:

As an aside, does anyone know if Citizen of Earth has the same weird bugs as the Steam version?

It's probably as shoddy. I'm aware it has bad load times on the U and it actually freezes on the 3DS. If you are wondering which version to pick you'll probably want to pick the U one unless you don't mind losing progress every now and then (how quaint).

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Has anyone tried playing Affordable Space Adventures' Multiplayer? Is that mode as boring as it sounds?