Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
I'm glad you're still alive, buddy, but holy poo poo does that sound like it was a surprisingly sudden and extremely lovely tag-teaming by illnesses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ElTipejoLoco posted:

I hope this is still going. I want to see more low-poly planes going pew pew so that I can hopefully absorb some skill through osmosis for use in Ace Combat Infinity's future Team Death Match events.

Also, at some point I started sketching emblems for commentators/co-commentators from Zero. Have these as fan-art, presuming I never bother opening GIMP and making them look nice and clip-art-y.

Holy poo poo. I didn't see these whileI was in the ICU because they didn't have wifi, but :vince:, those are amazing. Can I use one of them for either and avatar or for the LP?

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

:staredog:

I wasn't even aware H1N1 and pneumonia could function together. Get better soon, crow.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Materant posted:

:staredog:

I wasn't even aware H1N1 and pneumonia could function together. Get better soon, crow.

I had what was called "walking pneumonia", which is actually the least serious form of pneumonia there is. I actually went to the emergency room with it and they sent me home saying I was fine. The H1N1 hit like like a train 2 days later and the second time I went to the ER, I didn't leave till this afternoon. I probably caught it by going to the ER in the first place.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I would have much rather your computer just exploded. The LP curse is going out of control.

Glad you're okay man. Jesus.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Jesus Christ man, that's awful. Glad to hear you're okay though. Hope you get better soon!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

nine-gear crow posted:

Holy poo poo. I didn't see these whileI was in the ICU because they didn't have wifi, but :vince:, those are amazing. Can I use one of them for either and avatar or for the LP?

wow, yeah, those are great! I missed them too--i was kinda preoccupied when you were in the hospital and didn't check the forums much. you should totally use the one on the middle right as an avatar. it's clearly the best.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
Holy poo poo Crow! That sounds loving awful. Don't think about the LP man, you just concentrate on getting better, for your sake if anything. I'm glad that you didn't die, that would have 'sucked' to put it lightly.
Just hope you're gonna get better. :yaycloud:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Jesus Christ, nine-gear. Glad you're on the mend.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Well I just expected job troubles, glad to know you've made it through, or the worst of it, at least.

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Apr 27, 2016

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
:dogbutton:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Did your sudden internals failure happen while you were crossing time zones, crow? Maybe the international date line? Are you, in fact, an F-22 IRL? What have you been hiding from us? :tinfoil:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Get well soon, Crow. :)

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

poo poo. Get better soon Crow. Take all the time you need to recover.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.

nine-gear crow posted:

Sure, go for it! I'm glad you liked them even in their presently sketchy form.

It'd be neat if any of the Ace Combats let you make custom emblems on 'em the way Armored Core and some other games do.
Granted my exposure to Ace games is limited to demos and Infinity, so maybe there totally is an Ace Combat with a make-your-own-emblem dealie and I just don't know.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

:stare:
Well then, that was certainly something.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Glad to hear you're still with us. Hope you get better soon Crow.

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012
drat, the LP Curse is getting aggressive this year

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
Welcome back!

AC2 is my favorite game in the series (OK I only played AC, AC2 and AC3). Never found the handling bad, but it's probably because I always played it with digital controls, which work really well. Then I tried digital controls with AC3 and almost threw the controller through the screen. Then I tried AC3 again with a Dual Shock and liked it much better - but AC2 is still my favorite, 3 is so drab

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

warhammer651 posted:

drat, the LP Curse is getting aggressive this year

LP curse? What's that?

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
Holy poo poo Crow, I hope you feel better soon. Real life > video games

HR12345 posted:

LP curse? What's that?

It happens to most people after they start a Let's Play, inevitably the hardware will fail or somehow a save will become borked. Something happens that prevents the LP from being finished

Silver Spooner
Jun 10, 2013
Holy hell, crow. Glad you made it out of that mess and you're back on the up and up.

VKing
Apr 22, 2008

quote:

Pneumonia and Influenza A
:drat:

Not that having a sore throat is an excuse to not finish the LP!
I mean, just so you know we'll not accept any slacking off here, you hear?

(Get well soon :patriot:)

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
Glad to hear you're ok, Crow, even if ok is pretty drat relative in this case.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Mother of God, Crow, I'm glad you're still here. Take whatever time you need to get better.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope you're allowed to eat ice cream and cake in this most trying time.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.
Yeah, that's really harsh, I'm glad you made it through alive.

We'll still be here when you feel recovered enough to continue, take as much time as you need.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Aeromancia posted:

Holy poo poo Crow, I hope you feel better soon. Real life > video games

It happens to most people after they start a Let's Play, inevitably the hardware will fail or somehow a save will become borked. Something happens that prevents the LP from being finished

Particularly relevant is that until Crow finished the last thread for Zero (with associated LPs of ace mode and 3) I think only Tyrantsabre had ever finished an Ace Combat LP. That was 6. And there have been plenty of abandoned attempts at 4, 5 and Zero.

So now, after seeing off three runs of two games in one thread, and moving on to AC2, Crow gets smote by serious illness. I'm not saying the two are connected, but I will say that if Crow ends up posting the LP for AC5 from a library because his hometown was destroyed by giant spiders, I won't be particularly surprised.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
Glad you're still with us, Crow. As someone who lives pretty close to where the H1N1 originated... sorry! Please accept my (non) official apologies.

For Ace Combat 5 I recommend that you fortify your basement and keep a three month supply of water and food. And a generator, so you can keep uploading the videos, of course.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby

Phy posted:

Particularly relevant is that until Crow finished the last thread for Zero (with associated LPs of ace mode and 3) I think only Tyrantsabre had ever finished an Ace Combat LP. That was 6. And there have been plenty of abandoned attempts at 4, 5 and Zero.

So now, after seeing off three runs of two games in one thread, and moving on to AC2, Crow gets smote by serious illness. I'm not saying the two are connected, but I will say that if Crow ends up posting the LP for AC5 from a library because his hometown was destroyed by giant spiders, I won't be particularly surprised.

poo poo, now that you mention it, I think I joked about Crow tempting fate by LPing an Ace Combat game. Maybe I'm to blame?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
3 and Zero are queued up to be archived. It's just that I emailed baldurk with "okay, I'll look them over and give you my final approval on them"... Then was in the ICU the next day.

So in a perfect world, both LPs would be archived already.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Nanomashoes posted:

Did your sudden internals failure happen while you were crossing time zones, crow? Maybe the international date line? Are you, in fact, an F-22 IRL? What have you been hiding from us? :tinfoil:

Don''t be silly. If Crow was an F-22, we'd hear him coming from a mile off.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So, in less grim news, Fae has finally got the majority of the Good Friday stream online, which means the Assault Horizon block is also online. Watch me host a block with a game I've never actually played before. Be in awe of the fact that we had to use Cirv's video feed even though it was my block. Marvel as the stream freezes on a shot of Cirv's F-35 afterburner while FP goes to the toilet and doesn't refresh the Raspberry Pi. Sigh in regret at all the shameful anime girl planes. gently caress you, Namco.

Ooooor, if you want to watch something actually entertaining, watch SC's Go! Go! Nippon! My First Trip To Japan block and watch the stream fly off the rails in a fiery wreck like the train at the end of Back to the Future III.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 28, 2016

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

nine-gear crow posted:

Ooooor, if you want to watch something actually entertaining, watch SC's Go! Go! Nippon! My First Trip To Japan block and watch the stream fly off the rails in a fiery wreck like the train at the end of Back to the Future III.

Everyone really should do this. It was...something.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Get well soon, Crow!

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Kind of late to the party here, but jesus christ dude, glad you're okay.

Course, you can also now tell people that some kind of horrifying H1 and Pneumonia voltron combination didn't manage to keep you down, which is a pretty awesome claim to be able to make, so what doesn't kill ya, I guess :shepface:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
oh gently caress

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby

This reminds me, I need to get off my rear end and get to work on the LP of X-Wing Alliance that I've been meaning to do forever. That game, incidentally, has a crossover mission with Shadows of the Empire in which you fly a Y-Wing and disable the Suprosa so Dash Rendar can board it

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Well, heck, let's celebrate May 4th by re-watching that one time crow and I played the Suprosa mission on X-Wing Alliance. XWA is like planes, right? Space planes? Space Ace Combat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnCH-8nOWw8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby
Hah, I totally forgot about this video! But the rest of the game is pretty great too.

• Locked thread