Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

tao of lmao posted:

The guy who plays Sands has a bit-part in Master of None and it's possibly the highlight of the whole show.

He was also a super nice guy on the first two seasons of Arrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

karrethuun posted:

the season finale isn't until end of next month.

Oh there's more? When I checked the wikipedia page for the episodes "A Dog's Breakfast" was the last one.

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011
there are 2 more episodes

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

tao of lmao posted:

The guy who plays Sands has a bit-part in Master of None and it's possibly the highlight of the whole show.

I tweeted at him about how great that role was and he responded completely in character, Colin Salmon owns.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I just saw a really short, like 30 second episode of Limitless, in between some other TV shows. Was that the finale?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SLOSifl posted:

I just saw a really short, like 30 second episode of Limitless, in between some other TV shows. Was that the finale?

Yes

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

SLOSifl posted:

It only seemed short because the NZT is ruining your perception of time

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

If this show gets canceled, it'll be in large part because of the bullshit on again off again schedule it's been given by CBS.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

Shakugan posted:

If this show gets canceled, it'll be in large part because of the bullshit on again off again schedule it's been given by CBS.

Man, it seems like all the shows are doing this right now and it's so terrible. I never know from week to week which shows have a new episode.

I (sort of) know why networks do it, but I think it's a super antiquated system and probably hurts them way more than it helps. This is the age of streaming and binge watching. You build up all this momentum for a show, and right before the climax you go, 'oh hey, there's no episode for the next 2-3 weeks' -- it's likely as not to just turn people off completely. There's too much other stuff to watch, and it's too easy to get to waste too much time trying to figure out if a show is going to be inexplicably on or off this week.

It sucks even more in this case because I feel like people already don't watch this show very much, even though it's one of the best on TV right now.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Kilson posted:

I (sort of) know why networks do it, but I think it's a super antiquated system and probably hurts them way more than it helps.

Almost certainly. TV network execs just haven't understood the move away from episodic shows and toward serial drama. Something that's episodic with basically no continuity isn't hurt by breaks, and you can position shows to reap rewards during sweaps etc. But it just kills any sort of show with continuity in its story line; not only does it break momentum, it also results in people missing episodes since they never know when it's on, and these people eventually will stop watching altogether because they've missed an important chapter of the story.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!
Nobody watched this episode or what?

I'll spoiler my rambly thoughts, in case people really haven't watched it yet.

Well, it wasn't the best. I hope it's setting up for a better second-half, but it's hard to see where they really go without a bit of Deus ex machina, or just not resolving the situation at all.

Rebecca seemed out of character. Not sure why she was continually ignoring Brian, and getting played so easily by Sands. She was so good all season, and never missed anything, but all of a sudden she misses the super obvious play, even after Brian straight-up told her they had the wrong guy. After all that had happened between them, you'd think she would have learned to trust him a little more.

Also, Brian being off NZT most of the episode just isn't very fun. :(

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What was that song at the end. I liked it.

[edit]

Intruder by Moderat

Feenix fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Apr 20, 2016

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I really liked this episode. I just know they're going to end the season with Brian starting to feel side effects and the second season will be about figuring out how to produce or obtain the enzyme. Also, I really hope this gets a second season and that I'm wrong about the plot moving forward. I just want to see Brian and Grover palling around doing nerdy poo poo for an episode.

Feenix posted:

What was that song at the end. I liked it.

[edit]

Intruder by Moderat

Thank you!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Kilson posted:

Nobody watched this episode or what?

This show has incredibly inconsistent airing schedules. I honestly thought it was on break.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Underwhelming and rushed in the last five minutes or so, but other than that not half bad.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I really liked this episode. I just know they're going to end the season with Brian starting to feel side effects and the second season will be about figuring out how to produce or obtain the enzyme.

This is totally what's gunna happen tho

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thoroughly enjoyed that episode, slow burn to a nice satisfying jump off to the finale.

I do agree Taylor Swift will take over world and end up cutting of the heads of her lovers like Henry the VIII.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Kilson posted:

Rebecca seemed out of character. Not sure why she was continually ignoring Brian, and getting played so easily by Sands. She was so good all season, and never missed anything, but all of a sudden she misses the super obvious play, even after Brian straight-up told her they had the wrong guy.

Don't forget that an NZT operative was undoubtedly manipulating them all! And lies you worked to reach and which others bled for tend to look very true right up until the end.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Rocksicles posted:

I thoroughly enjoyed that episode, slow burn to a nice satisfying jump off to the finale.

I do agree Taylor Swift will take over world and end up cutting of the heads of her lovers like Henry the VIII.

That's my favorite part. The average joe on NZT just ends up talking like they're really high :laffo:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

3 DONG HORSE posted:

That's my favorite part. The average joe on NZT just ends up talking like they're really high :laffo:

NZT helps them to connect the dots. If they have bad intel and ideas in the first place, that's just what happens.

Or maybe that person was the only one who saw what's really going on

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Air is lava! posted:

NZT helps them to connect the dots. If they have bad intel and ideas in the first place, that's just what happens.

Or maybe that person was the only one who saw what's really going on

Yeah, I read it as you still have to *try* (weeding out bs intel etc). If you're normally prone to just accepting the crap your hear/read on the net and so on you're still gonna be an idiot. Just maybe a more enthusiastic one.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
great to see Jacob Pitts (Justified) as DEA agent Bruster. The guy always has a cool way with dialogue.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8gfGhVL3qs

RIP Sands :(

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
First parts of two parters are generally hit or miss, just depends on how they stick the landing.

I'm just mostly interested in how this all informs future seasons, because this is a huge change to the status quo. The NZT genie isn't just out of the bottle, it went on a world tour.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
They seem to write this season like it'd be the only season the show gets. I mean they are covering much more ground that I'd expect and it seems like there won't be much left for another season.

They had Morra pretty much exposed for his connection with Sands and taking NZT, the FBI knows about the enzyme, the whole city has access to NZT (or a new version of it, that is pretty much the same unless I am missing something there), and they figuring out Sands' play and plans.

I'd guess that the writers will go for writing themselves into a corner (they already seem to be doing so) and throw some massive cliffhanger in the end -- to be resolved next season, if we get one. Though, I would prefer it if the season (or series) concludes on a uplifting note, because that's where it is at its best for me.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The showrunner gave an interview a while back where he basically said that the current plan is for each season to be a complete story.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
If this turns into Chuck meets Psych meets The Wire then I may finally feel like everything is going to be okay.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

muscles like this? posted:

The showrunner gave an interview a while back where he basically said that the current plan is for each season to be a complete story.

And we're still on season 1, aren't we?

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

To be this close to the end of the season with no word on renewal when so many other shows on the network have been renewed is an extremely worrying sign.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Shakugan posted:

To be this close to the end of the season with no word on renewal when so many other shows on the network have been renewed is an extremely worrying sign.

It is concerning, but none of the other new shows on CBS have been renewed either.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Limitless has been getting solid enough ratings that I wouldn't worry. They are just going to renew and cancel freshmen shows all in one announcement.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Anyone watching the finale? I bet Brian is stealing all the money.

I guess I was wrong because I didn't watch the last episode, there was no mention of money at all in this episode.

Mike's real name.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 27, 2016

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
gently caress that was good.

EDIT: Seriously you guys I wish I had more insight to offer or at least a different way to express how goddamn great that made me feel, but here we are and I have been found wanting.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 27, 2016

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Oh my god this show is so good. Please renew it Jesus loving Christ.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

LOL Legion of Whom, also Mikes real name, gently caress yeah.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
You know what makes this show amazing? The season 2 setup is Brian Finch assembling a squad to bust NZT rings. There's no big cliffhangers, there's no big mythology twist being teased, it's just the promise of Brian having a more equal partnership with the unit and not having to worry about any side effects, and a reminder that they love the cool little throwaway characters they came up with, AND IT ALL SOUNDS loving AWESOME. BRING IT. DO THE RIGHT THING CBS, YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I've been watching far too many shows on HBO, FX, and AMC. I was totally expecting that the reunion with Piper and his father, getting the immunity shot, and putting the team together with Rebecca and Boyle would be one big, final NZT-related hallucination, possibly culminating with finding out Sands really killed Rebecca, or he got home to find his family murdered or taken, or finding Piper's body, or Piper betraying him, or Morra showing up to betray him.

I couldn't even believe the ending, making it more subversive than anything I imagined.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
If this show doesn't get renewed, I will dedicate the rest of my life to becoming the CEO of CBS and destroying the entire company from the inside out.

loving hell.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Gonz posted:

If this show doesn't get renewed, I will dedicate the rest of my life to becoming the CEO of CBS and destroying the entire company from the inside out.

loving hell.

Isn't that what he's already doing?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Gonz posted:

loving hell.

Welcome to how every Person of Interest Fan has felt for a year.

I can't wait to catch up on Limitless though I was really liking it before I got super busy for tax season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Eddain posted:

Isn't that what he's already doing?

As much as he may try, CBS isn't as flatout terrible as NBC.

All that NBC has left is The Blacklist and Law & Order: SVU season 48.

• Locked thread