Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

onepiecekenny
Apr 2, 2007

Which side is the head?
I been pretty lucky myself. But not sure if I want to keep testing my luck. I got adult Hercules and Armored Goofy yesterday (both 5 stars). Forgot my 3rd one though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Hitting level 200 is like, the worst thing to happen to me. Waiting for 133 AP to recharge takes forever.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Has anyone had any luck getting evolve medals out of the stages that supposedly drop them? I really want a Yen Sid to evolve a Yuna medal before Dewey day but all I'm getting out of those levels are trash.

HGH posted:

Hitting level 200 is like, the worst thing to happen to me. Waiting for 133 AP to recharge takes forever.
Yikes. Hopefully they raise the cap at some point.
edit: looks like it goes up to at least 300 in Japan .

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Apr 27, 2016

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

I've only had luck getting Merlins, since his farm quest spawns Pretenders as a necessity. Other than that I've only gotten like 1 or 2 Yen Sids. The RNG is cruel.

Speaking of those farm spot missions, I think the OP has a typo for the Cheshire Cat drops, they come from Pretenders in mission 63 not 163.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

melodicwaffle posted:

Speaking of those farm spot missions, I think the OP has a typo for the Cheshire Cat drops, they come from Pretenders in mission 63 not 163.

I was just about to ask if there was another level because I had no luck at all with 163 and had a power medal I really wanted to evolve today. Tried 63 and got a Cheshire Cat on my first go.

On an unrelated note, I'm a couple evolutions away from having a 6 Star KH Sora Ver. A with guilt and then a medal draw today gave me a 5 Star with Attack Boost All I. The medals I was planning with are a 5 Star with 1 dot, a 4 Star with 2 dots, and a 4 Star with 1 dot. These medals are fairly common drops, should I think about building up another one to make use of the Attack Boost, or should I just combine these all and not worry about the wasted dot?

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

That guilted herc has been pretty awesome to help with group cleanup. Also idk if anyone said this already, but when you try to chain exp onto something, it only works if you are feeding a copy of the thing you're trying to level.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Nomadic Scholar posted:

idk if anyone said this already, but when you try to chain exp onto something, it only works if you are feeding a copy of the thing you're trying to level.

Adding this and the Cheshire cat thing fix to the OP thanks goons.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Steven, are you telling LIES?
Might want to update the Cheshire cat section in OP again, just had one drop in a rare gray chest from a Pretender on level 50. Been able to get it pretty consistently too but it's still a rare drop.

masteraero fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Apr 27, 2016

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

They just generally drop from earlier-level Pretenders, so whichever missions they spawn in more are the ones that people tend to report. For what it's worth I've also heard of people farming 110 but I haven't personally checked that one yet.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

How do you figure out when your moogle medal event occurs? I was close to one million munny and now I'm almost broke after evolving a bunch of high level medals.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Also idk if anyone said this already, but when you try to chain exp onto something, it only works if you are feeding a copy of the thing you're trying to level.

What do you mean by this, that you will only get bonus XP if you feed like Nephew -> Stitch -> Stitch? And if I tried to feed like Nephew -> Stitch -> Aerith, I would not get any XP bonus when I fed Stitch to Aerith?

If that's what you mean, this is incorrect. I used Stitch in this example because it's the first medal I found that gives extra XP, and I'm lazy so I haven't hunted to see if there are any other medals that can do it, but at least for Stitch you do not need to feed it to another Stitch to get the bonus XP for pumping it up beforehand. If there is some kind of XP bonus for chain-feeding medals to identical medals, that's cool (I haven't tested this but I take your word for it), but that doesn't invalidate the fact that there is also at least one medal that you can chain-feed to non-identical medals for a bonus.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Shoren posted:

How do you figure out when your moogle medal event occurs? I was close to one million munny and now I'm almost broke after evolving a bunch of high level medals.

Just remember the time that you got a moogle medal event since it's different for every player. It has a pattern of 4 and 12 hours after the first event. In my case, my medal event is at 11, so munny events opens up for me at 11 AM, 3 PM, and 11 PM.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Thanks! I knew there was a pattern to it and that everyone has different times, but I wasn't sure what the pattern was.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I've only been able to try it 3 or so times since I don't have the resources for testing, but each time I've only gotten the bonus from identical medals, and less from non identicals. It's entirely likely I'm just wrong but idk.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-WMoBHPCYc

Fun as it is, the people they get to fake playing the game seriously oversell their reactions, I don't think I've seen anyone ever react like that playing a mobile game.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
seems to be a massive update today. It's downloading in 4 parts.

EDIT: nothing new in the notice section when it finished though.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gamerescape Interview with Unchained χ's Producer Hironori Okayama

Some highlights:
Gamer Escape: Will we see any more worlds added in future updates?

Okayama: In regards to the stages in the quests, we do plan to release at minimum, 50 stages per month. There will also be seasonal events as well. As far as the worlds go, it is a Kingdom Hearts game so we do plan to maybe add more but we have nothing concrete now. It is very difficult to create a new world.

Gamer Escape: I saw online last week that new medals would be making their way into the Japanese version of the game for Zootopia. Is that something that North American players can expect to see?

Okayama: May 2nd.

Gamer Escape: That was a lot more specific of an answer than I thought we would get!

Okayama: We haven’t told anyone else yet. We do plan to release it on May 2nd, of course it is subject to change.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
im actually hype for zootopia medals, that movie owned

also i haven't been on because my old phone was giving me hiccups, just upgraded and i'll be playing more tonight

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Yeah but that update will be the day after stamina goes back to "normal". I'm not looking forward to that :v:

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!

mateo360 posted:

seems to be a massive update today. It's downloading in 4 parts.

EDIT: nothing new in the notice section when it finished though.

The 10 pull deals they have up expire tomorrow. I would imagine that this update put some new stuff in for whatever the new deals are.
Also probably putting the Timeless Mickey and Zootopia medals in to prepare for that.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Regarding common medals, Wakka is ridiculously awesome at every level but Selphie and Tidus feel really underwhelming in comparison. Is it just me or am I not really giving the other two a chance?

And fun fact for the day, Defense Boost is activated by getting hit, not by just using the medal :v: Wish I'd figured that out yesterday for blue medal exp day.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Adel posted:

Regarding common medals, Wakka is ridiculously awesome at every level but Selphie and Tidus feel really underwhelming in comparison. Is it just me or am I not really giving the other two a chance?

And fun fact for the day, Defense Boost is activated by getting hit, not by just using the medal :v: Wish I'd figured that out yesterday for blue medal exp day.

Selphie is great damage for her meter cost if you need a decent blue support. I haven't tried Tidus yet but I'm assuming that he's in a similar boat

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
In addition to the new medals the level cap was raised.

I assume that must mean more avatar boards as well.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Can you raise your strength tier by more than 1? Like if I use DiZ and then Pence will I get even more or does it not stack?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Boozie posted:

Can you raise your strength tier by more than 1? Like if I use DiZ and then Pence will I get even more or does it not stack?

I would think it would stack, since I've seen enemies with a Sword icon and a 2 next to it. But remember: Pence is Strength Bonus, while DiZ is Strength Boost. The buff from DiZ will last the enture turn, while the one from Pence will last for 2 attacks, including the one from Pence. You'll want to stack multiple DiZ medals for boosting the entire turn.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
New medal pack has a chance to come with 1 skill attached, your 5* is guaranteed to come with a skill.

New skills:

Attack Boost 2 (1.4x damage multipler)
Lux Plus (Bonus Lux dropped by enemies :eyepop:)

Also new medals: Phil/White Rabbit/KH Aerith (increase power/speed/magic medals for 1 turn, 2 cost each), KH 2 Leon Ver. B (more damage higher hp is, think that cloud medal, its red too), Daisy (cura) and Genie (more damage to paralyzed targets)

I really want Lux Plus

Also new dungeon only available for those that buy the weekly pack, it levels skills up quicker.

e: WAY QUICKER, four runs and my medals were maxed from 0-10

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Apr 29, 2016

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Got my first 10 pull last night and just sat there staring at all the new goodies. Having spent the last 2 weeks using nothing but 2* medals, having all these 4* and 5* ones feels so good.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i upgraded from a note 4 to a lg v10

this game runs SO SMOOTH

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

Rafza posted:

i upgraded from a note 4 to a lg v10

this game runs SO SMOOTH

Interesting, I am running on a note 4 and I've had no issues with lag.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

I'm on a Note 2, the game is a mess of flashing half-loaded assets, dropped frames everywhere, and load times that make me wonder if the app is crashing.

It's almost charming in a way.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.
Is there any reason to continue with the Coliseum once you finish off Tier 5 since the rewards stop and you have enough coins to clear the board.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

fallin1 posted:

Interesting, I am running on a note 4 and I've had no issues with lag.

my note 4 dropped frames like crazy, but it also was dying/heavily scratched so it needed retiring

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

Rafza posted:

my note 4 dropped frames like crazy, but it also was dying/heavily scratched so it needed retiring

Could be, I've had mine in an otterbox defender since I bought it and just recently replaced the battery so that could be why I'm not having issues.

riding gravity
May 7, 2007

fallin1 posted:

Is there any reason to continue with the Coliseum once you finish off Tier 5 since the rewards stop and you have enough coins to clear the board.

There's another ranking based on how far you get past tier 5, with different rewards. It resets every month.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Should I spend my last Orichalcum on Starlight or Three Wishes? I've already got Treasure Trove and Lady Luck maxed out. I use Three Wishes more but based on the last few story quests there's going to be a lot more color mixing from here on out and I haven't touched the Coliseum so I don't know what to expect there.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

J-Spot posted:

Should I spend my last Orichalcum on Starlight or Three Wishes? I've already got Treasure Trove and Lady Luck maxed out. I use Three Wishes more but based on the last few story quests there's going to be a lot more color mixing from here on out and I haven't touched the Coliseum so I don't know what to expect there.

Starlight

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

starlight, because I decided to max out the three single-colored keyblades and now I'm having a real bad time

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

I know this may be hard to believe, but apparently some players are cheating to top the weekly rankings! I never expected those 20 "Oblivion" guys couldn't have amassed 724 million lux by themselves!

quote:

05/01 INFORMATION
Temporary Suspension of Rankings

While we appreciate the excitement and enthusiasm all of our players have, we have found that some players are using cheats to gain unfair advantages. We would like to take this opportunity to remind players that the use of unauthorized ROMs or cheat tools is strictly prohibited.

Any players found to have taken part in such activity will be removed from rankings and face other actions as appropriate.

In order to maintain fairness and balance for all of our players, we will be temporarily suspending the following rankings starting from the dates listed below as we continue to address the situation.

•    Weekly Solo Ranking starting from May 2, 2016
•    Weekly Party Ranking starting from May 2, 2016
•    Coliseum Ranking starting from May 1, 2016

We will make another announcement once rankings are available again.

Although ranking will be temporarily suspended, Coliseum advancement and Coliseum Board rewards will still be available to all players as usual. We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Please see the Coliseum Update and Raid Boss Reset! news item for additional details about what’s available in this month’s update!

Thank you for playing KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ!

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Cheating? I'm shocked. Shocked I say!

Anyway Coliseum and Raid Bosses have reset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

The half AP period is officially over and with no high level raid bosses to grind lux off of play time is going to take a serious hit.