Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I'm having my first work poop of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I forgot to poo poo at work and I had to crap like a pleb at home.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

There's no way to avoid making GBS threads, so you might as well get paid for it.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

the soylent guy manged

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Citizen Tayne posted:

There's no way to avoid making GBS threads, so you might as well get paid for it.

actually

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
reminder that scott adams thinks that one of the problems with business is that you're allowed to take a break and go dump

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

I had a cup of coffee from what I've been told is the best local coffee place in Princeton

it tasted like it was from a hotel room :/

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i hand ground up come french roast beans with my modified hario skerton and french pressed it today. excellent, will do again tomorrow ftw

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

fart simpson posted:

i hand ground up come french roast beans with my modified hario skerton and french pressed it today. excellent, will do again tomorrow ftw

I do this every day except I use a porlex mini and non fail beans.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

these beans are p decent. my coworker bought them and gifted them to me so ill use them up but i normally get my beans from a local independent roaster

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

fart simpson posted:

these beans are p decent. my coworker bought them and gifted them to me so ill use them up but i normally get my beans from a local independent roaster

Oh yeah, same. Do you suck the cum right out of his balls too?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

if the opportunity presented itself i would

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

:cool::hf::goleft:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
had a Timmies this morning. did the trick.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

co-worker brought in peet's today. p freakin great

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

i had 2 cups of coffee, an espresso, and a travel mug. thinkin if i should start in on the office coffee

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
C coffee S:

with my normal local but cheap fav,

its real good

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
wtf does c $thing s mean

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Chris Knight posted:

wtf does c $thing s mean

It's from the CJS thread, where we discuss our Cock Jerking Stations

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Chris Knight posted:

wtf does c $thing s mean

current status.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

Sniep posted:

C coffee S:

SHUT THE LID, YOU MONSTER

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Rooney McNibnug posted:

SHUT THE LID, YOU MONSTER

huh? how can you watch it brew when the lid is shut? you need to watch during the full brew process to know when to pull up from heat / when to dunk in cold water to hard-stop.

if ur serious, you make some goddamn awful moka pot coffee

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
get a load of this guy rooney mcwhatever trying to talk poo poo on how I, the obvious not-coffee-guy who never roasts his own coffee from sweet marias over and over while posting about it, has simply no idea how to make coffee .... im gonna burn that guy for doing something the right way in a stunning display of my dunning kruger effect (on the incompetent side), yes, that's what i'll do

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sniep posted:

get a load of this guy rooney mcwhatever trying to talk poo poo on how I, the obvious not-coffee-guy who never roasts his own coffee from sweet marias over and over while posting about it, has simply no idea how to make coffee .... im gonna burn that guy for doing something the right way in a stunning display of my dunning kruger effect (on the incompetent side), yes, that's what i'll do

Okay, I'm gonna have some coffee tomorrow.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

Sniep posted:

huh? how can you watch it brew when the lid is shut? you need to watch during the full brew process to know when to pull up from heat / when to dunk in cold water to hard-stop.

if ur serious, you make some goddamn awful moka pot coffee

i guess i am a scrub, but i have been taught to treat it as a tea kettle almost. plus, if the top is left of, poo poo will spray everywhere near the end?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Rooney McNibnug posted:

i guess i am a scrub, but i have been taught to treat it as a tea kettle almost. plus, if the top is left of, poo poo will spray everywhere near the end?

that's the part you have to avoid friend

like in my photo, take a bowl and fill it with cold water immediately after screwing the top on the base full of boiling water with coffee dropped in and placing on heat, leave open, when deep color coffee starts spurting any lift above heat until its back to a smooth flow, then once the liquid becomes a clearer color IMMEDIATELY dunk the base into the cold water, since it's about to spurt and that has all the nastiness from the beans in it since it's A) overheated water and B) overextracted beans

you really want to micromanage the brew process and it only takes 30-45 seconds if you are doing it right (i.e. starting with 209°F water in the pre-warmed base and quickly moving onto heat)

you dont wanna burn the beans - if you do either of the things above wrong you burn the beans and get lovely overextracted or burnt coffee.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
also make sure you're grinding the beans to a medium-fine grind, the middlest notch in between 'espresso' and 'auto-drip' is fine

if you don't have a burr grinder at home you can set this accurately on, use the one in the supermarket - that's what it's there for. they dont mind if you use it for bags of coffee instead of the poo poo in the open clear plastic tubs that's who knows how old.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

im just about to get my 6th cup of the day

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Sniep posted:

that's the part you have to avoid friend

like in my photo, take a bowl and fill it with cold water immediately after screwing the top on the base full of boiling water with coffee dropped in and placing on heat, leave open, when deep color coffee starts spurting any lift above heat until its back to a smooth flow, then once the liquid becomes a clearer color IMMEDIATELY dunk the base into the cold water, since it's about to spurt and that has all the nastiness from the beans in it since it's A) overheated water and B) overextracted beans

you really want to micromanage the brew process and it only takes 30-45 seconds if you are doing it right (i.e. starting with 209°F water in the pre-warmed base and quickly moving onto heat)

you dont wanna burn the beans - if you do either of the things above wrong you burn the beans and get lovely overextracted or burnt coffee.

not sure why the water needs to be already hot but i've filled a kettle to try your method right now sniep

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
jfc you guys cj the gently caress out of your coffee

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i 3d printed a shaft stabilizer for my grinder

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
ok that was quick, all the good stuff comes over in like 5 seconds once it starts flowing. kinda took me by surprise and i'm not sure i got it in the stop bath quick enough. will report back with results

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
report: pretty good moka pot coffee i'll probably continue with this method :tipshat:

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

bout to have a cup, first of the day

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'