Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
That was a 2011 McNish move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It's great that modern racing involves a guy rushing out to plug a computer into the stopped car

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Audi may have just passed under yellow and screwed themselves

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It looks like the Porsche did too, or at least the commentators think so.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Tough call, plus there was a green flag on the straight there when the Porsche committed to the pass

The Audi one might be more clear cut

e: no action for either

CactusWeasle fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Apr 17, 2016

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Andddd FS2 goes to commercial just as the Porsche gets the jump on the Audi.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

George Zimmer posted:

Andddd FS2 goes to commercial just as the Porsche gets the jump on the Audi.

$40 gets you a good quality stream from WEC for the entire year

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Goetta posted:

I'll definitely get it for the rest of the season. I used it for Le Mans last year and liked it.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Good job trying to drive round with that punctured tire flailing the bodywork to avoid wasting time with a recovery. :thumbsup:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Thomas the Toyota

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Goetta posted:

thanks for the heads up on this

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Apparently this year they are also doing VOD after the event, or I heard it on midweek motorsport. Dunno if anyone can confirm?

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
I paid for just this race to test it out, pretty happy - only one drop out which I dont think was feed related

I think Hindy said you can watch the race for 2-3 weeks afterwards, but I'd kill for a HD download of the race afterwards

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Honestly the vod would be enough for me so I can watch bits of the race where i've had to go out or just missed it completely.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I stepped out for a bit, does the Porsche have to pit again or is this the real gap between the two?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

If anybody keeps forgetting Formula E exists (like me), apparently you can watch the races on demand somewhere on Time Warner Cable. While talking TV, if you're in the US and DVRing BTCC, set the program following it to record as well, because there's been CBSSN fuckery on both airings of Brands Hatch so far.

Also, Wayne Taylor Racing. :hellyeah:

And :lol: GTLM. That was a hell of a plot twist.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 17, 2016

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Race 2 of BTCC this week was a hell of a race. I didn't see race 1 and race 3 was kinda ehh.

Race 3 was basically Shedden and Neal wait for Tordoff's tires to fall off then just blow right past him.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
That Audi almost looks like an open wheel car at this point.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
PWC off to a great start. GTR took out mclaren out of turn 8

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Good to see Kobayashi back on the podium where he belongs

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

1500quidporsche posted:

That Audi almost looks like an open wheel car at this point.

Pretty much its a 2 seat F1 car with fenders. All going for that high nose that F1 had years ago before Schumacher almost got brained by a Force India. Seems like Toyota still has some work to do, Porsche is still the strongest, and Audi still somehow winning races.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
So the sub 30m of PWC that was green flag was loving awesome at least.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
If you didn't see it in the IndyCar thread, a track worker got hit by a car in a domino effect yesterday during the Pro/Celebrity race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHch51jujFk&t=86s

The race was pretty amazing outside of this bit of shitshowiness.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

gently caress none of them were even slowing up

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

WindyMan posted:

If you didn't see it in the IndyCar thread, a track worker got hit by a car in a domino effect yesterday during the Pro/Celebrity race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHch51jujFk&t=86s

The race was pretty amazing outside of this bit of shitshowiness.

Ahaha what in the gently caress is a yellow flag? The race directors should have penalized each team for that poo poo.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Audi excluded from race results - http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/no-7-audi-excluded-porsche-inherits-6h-silverstone-victory/

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
That would give Rebellion a podium spot I believe

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Got around to watching WTCC from this weekend, race 1 was pretty dull but race 2 was great. Last 3 laps especially. It's looking like a solid season so far as seemingly every manufacturer has the pace to compete at the front.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Didn't something like this happen to them just a year or two ago or am I thinking of something else?

Yet another diesel VAG car caught cheating.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Didn't something like this happen to them just a year or two ago or am I thinking of something else?

I vaguely recall an issue with breaching fuel flow rate limitations, but I could be totally wrong.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Once again, the Ginetta Juniors race owned at Donnington.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

1500quidporsche posted:

Think that was at Le Mans and they got the hammer dropped on them.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Anyone been to a weekend at Sonoma/Sears Point? Buddy and I are thinking about doing it for the last PWC event of the year, and just curious what the best tickets/areas are.

Also if the $325 suite tickets are worth it and if the booze is really unlimited. Also if outside booze is allowed in.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Lot of series streams happening today.

Formula E is now streaming on Daily Motion for US people and on Youtube for everyone else. Race is in about 3 hours.
TCR qualifying in Estoril will be on Youtube from 4:40pm BST.
And Blancpain is streaming all their sessions from Monza this weekend as well.

Alice Klar
Apr 13, 2016
Is this the place to discuss two-wheel racing? Where do the MotoGP fans congregate?

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
So this happened at Long Beach on Sunday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0K3kplT6RY

There was a similar flip in the SST race the day before, but he drove away on that one. This one actually hit the pitwall catch fence. Never seen that before.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

Alice Klar posted:

Is this the place to discuss two-wheel racing? Where do the MotoGP fans congregate?

Pretty sure this thread is everything but NASCAR/Indycar/F1 so go for it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Alice Klar posted:

Cycle Asylum.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Good job, Facebook! :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_worm_
Mar 11, 2001
Anyone catch this video on the NHRA's website of FB page?
TAFC Funny car Marie Ferriolo with the craziest wheelstand I've ever seen in a funny car.
It was this past weekend in Q2 at Zmax Dragway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu8LRgYmue0

She was qualified #15 and we were qualified #17 when she did this Saturday morning. First round of alcohol runs Saturday afternoon so we got in because she couldn't make the call that afternoon.

• Locked thread