Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
That was a great heel sequence between Jack and Ivelisse, Jack is so drat good

and I still love that running code red thing Ivelisse does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Bard Maddox posted:

Jack Evans continues to be the best in Lucha Underground

not an emptyquote

fake e: ivie nooooooooo

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand
Well that was unfortunate. But I guess it wouldn't make sense to have them hang onto the Trios title unless something else was coming up to challenge it. Ivelisse is f'in tough as nails!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

eljackass posted:

Well that was unfortunate. But I guess it wouldn't make sense to have them hang onto the Trios title unless something else was coming up to challenge it. Ivelisse is f'in tough as nails!

Especially with Angelico legitimately injured.

eljackass
May 19, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

Especially with Angelico legitimately injured.

Yeah I forgot about him injuring his ankle/knee/whatever it was last year. Have you heard if he's recovered now?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That loving sequence :stare:

eljackass
May 19, 2004

YESSSSSSSSSS! :rock:

I can't believe Rey Rey can still do that poo poo! AMAZING

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
pentagon in a drat wheelchair is hilarious

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

eljackass posted:

Yeah I forgot about him injuring his ankle/knee/whatever it was last year. Have you heard if he's recovered now?

He recovered fine and was back for awhile, and then he dislocated his elbow last weekend. But that should only keep him down for a month or so, maybe less.

Bard Maddox posted:

it's okay, he has a great physical therapist in Vampiro!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm glad the Lucha Superfriends won

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Dragon Azteca getting that tossed DDT off of Puma was a thing of beauty.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Revenant Threshold posted:

Dragon Azteca getting that tossed DDT off of Puma was a thing of beauty.

Azteca is real good, and they did a smart job of elevating him by pairing him with Puma and Rey right out of the gate. If Puma does leave after season 3 and there ends up being more seasons, they'll need Azteca to step up into that high-level technico spot.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

So I'm assuming Melissa grew up with this poo poo because it's been like 14 years since Rey was "Jr."

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Nehru the Damaja posted:

So I'm assuming Melissa grew up with this poo poo because it's been like 14 years since Rey was "Jr."

You never stop being an Hijo or a Jr in lucha, Vince just hated "jr"

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Chavo went back to Jr. too but hey that's better than Chavito

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I was enjoying that cage match but the shot to the head just completely took me out of it, can't believe they're still doing poo poo like that in 2016 (I hope they just completely pulled the wool over my eyes and gimmicked it somehow, but it looked pretty drat solid). The trios tournament felt a little rushed this year but Rey/Puma and Azteca are a good team to hold the belts, pity about Angelico.

More importantly than all of that though, the physical manifestation of Vampiro's evil is torturing a crippled Pentagon Jr with EVIL wax as a motivational tool and that rules!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
noooo vamp that's not how physical therapy works at all you should know this

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Glad to see that despite being wheelchair bound Pentagon could still put his whole wrestling get-up on.

Dragon Azteca Jr. is quickly becoming my favorite flippy guy on the show. Sorry Fenix.

Cage in a Cage was good and fun but yeah, that chairshot did not need to be in there. LU's got more than enough to make itself special without having to resort to that bullshit. Also I really wanted to see what was next with Mil/Matanza, felt weird that they didn't touch on it.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jerusalem posted:

I was enjoying that cage match but the shot to the head just completely took me out of it, can't believe they're still doing poo poo like that in 2016 (I hope they just completely pulled the wool over my eyes and gimmicked it somehow, but it looked pretty drat solid). The trios tournament felt a little rushed this year but Rey/Puma and Azteca are a good team to hold the belts, pity about Angelico.

More importantly than all of that though, the physical manifestation of Vampiro's evil is torturing a crippled Pentagon Jr with EVIL wax as a motivational tool and that rules!

On the chairshot - while it looked and sounded absolutely sick live, on the replay I noticed that he connected dead center in the seat part of the chair, which bends way out of shape (and Cage actually leans forward a little to make sure Johnny is on target). I'm not saying it's a gimmick chair, but I've sat in some folding chairs before where that rear end part of it is pretty flimsy and has a lot of give. Judging by how much it dented and how little it actually seemed to bother Cage, I'm guessing that chair is built like that - and that shot would be sort of like taking one of those cookie sheets WWE used to use in hardcore matches. So while blows to the head are still a dumb idea, at least this wasn't him getting brained with the top part or structural bars of the thing.

(edit): actually that chair may have been gimmicked in some way too - just noticed in this from the gif thread, but look at how perfect the diagonal lines are on the seat of the chair when the light hits it

Team Superfriends winning makes a lot of sense, the only other real team was down a man, the other two had some internal conflicts, and plus these are like the top three pure good guys in the promotion. It also gives Rey/Puma/Azteca something meaningful to do while Matanza is still all tied up with Mil Muertes.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Apr 28, 2016

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Luchadork posted:

Glad to see that despite being wheelchair bound Pentagon could still put his whole wrestling get-up on.

Dragon Azteca Jr. is quickly becoming my favorite flippy guy on the show. Sorry Fenix.

Cage in a Cage was good and fun but yeah, that chairshot did not need to be in there. LU's got more than enough to make itself special without having to resort to that bullshit. Also I really wanted to see what was next with Mil/Matanza, felt weird that they didn't touch on it.

DAJr is insane

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
I'm not a huge fan of it even if it was a gimmicked chair. Less so for the injury, and more so for the effect on backyard/lovely garbage fed wrestlers who aren't going to get/going to bother with gimmicked stuff.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

it wasnt as dumb as when they crushed a cinder block over his head and he still had a head

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

I'm not a huge fan of it even if it was a gimmicked chair. Less so for the injury, and more so for the effect on backyard/lovely garbage fed wrestlers who aren't going to get/going to bother with gimmicked stuff.

I'm more worried about the cannibalism from the first season then, or encouraging engagement with the mystical dark arts.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Yeah, that is the bigger issue probably, no argument from me there.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Backyard wrestlers are going to kill themselves no matter what anyone on TV does.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
"OH poo poo GUYS YOU KNOW WHAT WE SHOULD DO AT SOME POINT BEFORE I JUMP OFF THE ROOF UNTO THIS OLD BURNING MATRESS WITH THE SPRING STICKING OUT? CHAIRSHOTS TO THE HEAD! I SAW IT ON LUCHA UNDERGROUND!"

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Brian Cage is going to die of an enlarged heart many years before he dies of CTE.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Do you think Cage winning with a Steiner Driver was in honor of his el maestro?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

jim truds posted:

Do you think Cage winning with a Steiner Driver was in honor of his el maestro?

Now I want Scott Steiner as the Vampire Antipope.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

there's actually no defense for chairshots to the head in 2016 and it's ok to criticise a show/worker for doing them

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
The issue isn't backyard wrestlers doing dumb poo poo to gently caress up their bodies because they see it on TV. Anyone interested at all in wrestling already knows about that poo poo. The issue is that it being on TV can make people think that if you're willing to do that dumb poo poo that that's a legit possible route into a big company. Not flippy, big, or great on the mic? Just be willing to take chairshots to the head, and you too can get on TV.

Also it's dumb.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Think of the children adult professional wrestlers!!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/luchaelrey/status/726486360136126465

Dragon Azteca Jr cuts a good babyface promo.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Did he just imply Prince Puma fought alongside the Aztecs a thousand years ago

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Did he just imply Prince Puma fought alongside the Aztecs a thousand years ago

he said their ancestors fought together. The Dragon Azteca and Prince Puma masks have been passed down for generations in storyline

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
I forget, is Prince Puma just a descendant of Aztec warriors, or did Konnan say at one point that he was straight up reincarnated?

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

I sometimes hope the rumors of Ricochet eventually going to WWE never pan out. I just dont see how they dont ruin him.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

KatWithHands posted:

I forget, is Prince Puma just a descendant of Aztec warriors, or did Konnan say at one point that he was straight up reincarnated?
Direct descendant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

To be honest, if Ricochet goes to WWE (he seems pretty tight with KO and Enzo/Cass?) they can just put the mask on a new wrestler Dragon Azteka style. I mean he's important to the product, but he's no Johnny Mundo.

Also, the Trios championship is nice because it lets them put belts on 3 people who need a belt without messing with the main title storyline.

• Locked thread