Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

what else do you want me to do
that one death is an execute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Better CS!

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
and trinket

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah with that CS it surprises me you got an A+ at all.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
csing is boring!!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh I agree, not gonna argue with you there.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
But you know what's not boring? taking that gold and buying an item and making the guy you're playing against feel like poo poo because he's useless

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Darth Windu posted:

Some dude on Reddit suggested perma mutes instead of bans and that seems like a good idea imo

My buddy who I play Heroes of the Storm with is sitting on a 64-day total chat restriction right now (in HOTS which is like a 4th offense I think?) and I find it really hilarious because he still finds ways to flip out, aggressively ping, and whine about teammates in voice server with his brother and other friends I play with.

Some people just can't do MOBAs. They just lose their drat minds at the first miscommunication.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

AHH FUGH posted:

and trinket

You can absolutely get an S+ without upgrading your trinket, it's happened to me a few times now.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ignite Memories posted:

You can absolutely get an S+ without upgrading your trinket, it's happened to me a few times now.

There are also lots of situations where you want at least one person to have yellow trinket on your team, it's not inherently bad to hold onto it.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Sexpansion posted:

There are also lots of situations where you want at least one person to have yellow trinket on your team, it's not inherently bad to hold onto it.

yeah, it's called your support and sightstone :hehe:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Libertine posted:

My buddy who I play Heroes of the Storm with is sitting on a 64-day total chat restriction right now (in HOTS which is like a 4th offense I think?) and I find it really hilarious because he still finds ways to flip out, aggressively ping, and whine about teammates in voice server with his brother and other friends I play with.

Some people just can't do MOBAs. They just lose their drat minds at the first miscommunication.

I can't imagine how someone could get mad in baby's first moba lol

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Sexpansion posted:

I have a screenshot of me getting a Janna S+ with the lovely red trinket. That was my first Janna game in like 3 years, actually. What a powerful, boring champion.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

henkman posted:

What are you talking about? People get mad at league all the time!

sorry, couldn't resist

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
dude nice

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

henkman posted:

:ironicat:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I don't know what you're implying

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Sexpansion posted:

Veigar sucks right now, you're just a god when high.

despite veigar sucking I've been feeling successful with him. I'm p excited for the changes. also I've convinced myself the malz changes are gonna make him worst off because his ult looks like it will do less damage now.

also, what was the tldr on the anivia changes? just seemed a lot of quality of life stuff, whatever THAT means.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Zmej posted:

despite veigar sucking I've been feeling successful with him. I'm p excited for the changes. also I've convinced myself the malz changes are gonna make him worst off because his ult looks like it will do less damage now.

also, what was the tldr on the anivia changes? just seemed a lot of quality of life stuff, whatever THAT means.

her E moves faster and looks pretty and her ult gets bigger the longer you keep it up

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Zmej posted:

Malz is totally going to be a push mage now. His passive makes him insanely hard to catch out, he has better voiding push spam with his new w and e changes, and his e and r changes remove his "delete squishy" strengths. I'm into it because remote farming and wave pushing was the part of Malz I liked way more than "ult single man and hope they don't buy QSS"

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

you guys do know that the champion mastery is comparing you to other people's performances on the champion and not some arbitrary bullshit right? the trinket thing might have affected it but after they changed the trinkets it clearly doesn't anymore

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
tahm kench jungle is still good.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Radical posted:

you guys do know that the champion mastery is comparing you to other people's performances on the champion and not some arbitrary bullshit right? the trinket thing might have affected it but after they changed the trinkets it clearly doesn't anymore

that's actually cool. this is like the first time in years since beta and season 1 that I thought riot is not being completely retarded with their patch, balance decisions or just other systems they've incorporated (champ mastery, role queue). or maybe I'm just making stuff up in my head.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Is Illaoi support a retarded decision, or an oppressive bully lane?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
What exactly does illaoi bring to a support role?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Ignite Memories posted:

you can kinda make it work in laning but by midgame it falls completely apart and is a sack of potatoes accomplishing nothing of value

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I still don't know what Illaoi or Aurelion Sol actually do or what they look like when they are played well. I think I've only ever seen both in a single ARAM. They seem extremely unpopular for new champions.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the dragon seems quite strong if you put in the time on him, illaoi is just kinda awful all around so people stopped playing her pretty quickly. i dont know why no one plays the dragon, probably because he isn't really lane dominant and seems pretty boring.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I only ever see Sol in a support role now. I don't think I've seem him mid since release day.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Ignite Memories posted:

Generally you want a support to have some sort of cc/peel, like at bare minimum

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i laned against sol top once as kayle and his orbs (expanded) were the same range as kayle's ranged auto attacks and it went pretty poorly

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Taciturn Tactician posted:

What are you talking about? People get mad at league all the time!

sorry, couldn't resist

In all fairness everyone should do a season of the maddening experience that is WoW arena, and then LoL will suddenly look much tamer in comparison.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Ilaoi can remove a single person from lane and she can just murder people if needed... in lane.

a medical mystery posted:

you can kinda make it work in laning but by midgame it falls completely apart and is a sack of potatoes accomplishing nothing of value

So it is the same as lane ilaoi

Bholder fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 28, 2016

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Illoai supp is essentially the same as Vel supp in my mind. She's who you pick if you aren't confident in your ADC and want to make sure whatever is in bottom lane dies, even if it costs your ADC a lot of missed kills. Illoai is horribly outclassed by Taric, Braum, Blitz, Leona, Nami, Janna and Raka, but against a weaker, heal-less supp like Thresh, Zyra, or Lux, she's a legitimate threat and real lane bully.

I don't know if that will last with the changes to her E, but she "works" as a supp as long as you only build Eye of the Equinox and zz for support items, then build her normal bruiser kit

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Radical posted:

i laned against sol top once as kayle and his orbs (expanded) were the same range as kayle's ranged auto attacks and it went pretty poorly

The trick is to just move into his face and smack him around.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

thats actually a really bad idea, he does more damage than kayle does

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

The Door Frame posted:

Illoai supp is essentially the same as Vel supp in my mind. She's who you pick if you aren't confident in your ADC and want to make sure whatever is in bottom lane dies, even if it costs your ADC a lot of missed kills. Illoai is horribly outclassed by Taric, Braum, Blitz, Leona, Nami, Janna and Raka, but against a weaker, heal-less supp like Thresh, Zyra, or Lux, she's a legitimate threat and real lane bully.

I don't know if that will last with the changes to her E, but she "works" as a supp as long as you only build Eye of the Equinox and zz for support items, then build her normal bruiser kit

sure, in bronze 4 anyone can be a threat

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Radical posted:

thats actually a really bad idea, he does more damage than kayle does

What is he going to do after he blows his Q? Nothing.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
smugness aside, Illaoi support is real awful trash garbage. you are putting a melee champion with no crowd control that needs items to do anything midgame in the role that should be able to Do Things midgame with minimal gold. She isn't even semi-reliable like J4 Lux or Pantheon "support", she has straight up no utility or redeeming qualities for the role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

I think she's mostly fine (she's my highest mastery champion), but the big annoyance is that she looks simple but actually requires you to do a bunch of animation cancel timing with autos and W activations to get the tentacles to attack faster while not eating/canceling your own autoattacks. It creates a weird timing minigame where you have to be paying attention to your tentacles and making sure they're 'engaged.'

Edit: and yeah the E is supposed to be her unique thing, but it can struggle at being sufficiently awesome. She sort of works as a support because if you land an E with an ADC nearby you can vomit damage into it, but mid/late where she's significantly slower/at risk trying to land the Es it just ends in tears because she doesn't have the damage when the first two items are support + sightstone.

• Locked thread