Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm trying to play Third Strike on Fightcade but I get this message.

Did you put sfiii3.zip in your ROM folder?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

Did you put sfiii3.zip in your ROM folder?

Yes.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

hmm... you must have ripped your arcade board wrong, or it was the wrong arcade board

this is assuming of course you are doing this legally, we can't and shouldn't talk about any of the illegal methods here as it is both against the forum rules and immoral.

Oh, I hope you didn't unzip that ROM file you obtained from your own arcade board that you own.

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 26, 2016

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Fixed the problem. It was a bad transfer. I re-ripped it and things are working fine.

Played a few matches. Man, Third Strike is great. I remember why I loved this game so much.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

always be buffering in those parrys!

Garnavis
Aug 25, 2011

Hey, I calls 'em like I sees 'em! I'm a whale biologist.
Has anyone here done Battle Circuit at Next Level in Brooklyn? Thinking of getting into a weekly thing but I don't know much about this. It's apparently affiliated with Team Spooky, if that matters.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Garnavis posted:

Has anyone here done Battle Circuit at Next Level in Brooklyn? Thinking of getting into a weekly thing but I don't know much about this. It's apparently affiliated with Team Spooky, if that matters.

You should go, its the weekly of choice for the ny area and probably one of the best ones to get to go to in the world re players

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Whatever happened to NLBC getting shut down

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
The sanford stick incident happened there. You never know when NLBC is going to make history.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Seattle goons, I'm bringing a Dreamcast to the fighting-game get-together at Gameworks tonight, along with CVS2, Power Stone, and Garou: MOTW.

Also, I'm browbeating Arlieth into showing up.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Bringing a Dreamcast and not having a custom MvC2 mix permanently welded into it??

What are you doing with your life

impulse 7 effect
Jun 2, 2011

Garnavis posted:

It is fun and cool and you should. The players are pretty chill and you will see some good punchman games. There's a decent chinese down the street and after the convenience store closes the bar opposite will sell you beers to carry out.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Garnavis posted:

Depending on the night it may be the best competition you'll find anywhere in America.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Played some Vampire Savior. Good game. I can see why it has such a cult following. Unique characters, fantastic animation, and doesn't seem to play like anything else out there.

Also tried my hand at Super Turbo. I can see why people recommend it as someone's first fighting game. It is very punishing and forces you to learn the bare fundamentals.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Brosnan posted:

Bringing a Dreamcast and not having a custom MvC2 mix permanently welded into it??

What are you doing with your life

I still have my twelve-year-old save on the retail edition that has most of everything unlocked, including almost all the colors, courtesy of countless nights spent leaving the game idling in training mode. Putting a MVC2 custom mix in there means I have to start over from scratch.

At least it used to, anyway. I have a gangsta-rap remix version around here somewhere.

Garnavis
Aug 25, 2011

Hey, I calls 'em like I sees 'em! I'm a whale biologist.
Thanks for the responses, I'll try to make it out sometime. I can't find much information about what goes on there, is it just the tournament or are there free matches going on? As much fun as it sounds, getting knocked out in round one doesn't seem like very good practice.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Garnavis posted:

Thanks for the responses, I'll try to make it out sometime. I can't find much information about what goes on there, is it just the tournament or are there free matches going on? As much fun as it sounds, getting knocked out in round one doesn't seem like very good practice.

There are casual setups you can play at, and more free up as the tournament progresses and the amount of participants dwindle down.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Garnavis posted:

American FGC usually does double elimination so you get to experience getting bopped twice before they tell you you can't play in the tournament anymore

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Having tournament and stream experience is good, but the constant stream bo3 casuals is the real draw of tournaments IMO. Please do not leave once you're out of the bracket.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Wanderer posted:

I still have my twelve-year-old save on the retail edition that has most of everything unlocked, including almost all the colors, courtesy of countless nights spent leaving the game idling in training mode. Putting a MVC2 custom mix in there means I have to start over from scratch.

At least it used to, anyway. I have a gangsta-rap remix version around here somewhere.

I have done 0-100% unlocks at least 3-4 times on DC MvC2 thanks to VMUs being the dumbest loving idea ever.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

:toot:

Got rid of the poo poo 1/4" plexi I'd bought and just repainted over the official art vinyl sticker instead, so now my stick doesn't look like rear end.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Apr 28, 2016

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Brosnan posted:

I have done 0-100% unlocks at least 3-4 times on DC MvC2 thanks to VMUs being the dumbest loving idea ever.

Vmus were rad as poo poo to a kid

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
VMUs are such a lovely idea it sounds like something Nintendo would do nowadays.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Anyone going to Northwest Majors this weekend? I'm not playing in events but I may go for casuals.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
me

Leviathean
Oct 22, 2012

?

Booyah- posted:

Anyone going to Northwest Majors this weekend? I'm not playing in events but I may go for casuals.

I'll be there, mainly for air-dasher games. Hopefully I don't get pulled into running a bracket like last year.
I wonder if they unlocked more rooms or buildings for us this year. It's a nice-looking venue, but things were pretty cramped last time.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

I'll probably wander in on Saturday or Sunday.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Lemon-Lime posted:

:toot:

Got rid of the poo poo 1/4" plexi I'd bought and just repainted over the official art vinyl sticker instead, so now my stick doesn't look like rear end.
this is clean as hell

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Cat Machine posted:

this is clean as hell

Thanks. I'm pretty happy with the final result and the fact that you don't need labels to know which button is which. Wish I'd had grey caps instead of white for LB/RB, but I didn't think of that when I ordered the caps and it costs me $20 in shipping every time I want to get more. :(

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 28, 2016

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

Acquired all the pieces for the top plate of my new controller (aside from a few screws/art under the acrylic/etc)! Just need to do a bit of woodworking to attach the sides and wire things up, and it should be good to go.

e: I'll probably stop by Northwest Majors too. Not decent enough at anything to compete, but may as well since I'm in Seattle.

Lhet fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Apr 29, 2016

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Does anyone have a link to the original MK9 thread? i could use a laugh right about now.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Lemon-Lime posted:

Thanks. I'm pretty happy with the final result and the fact that you don't need labels to know which button is which. Wish I'd had grey caps instead of white for LB/RB, but I didn't think of that when I ordered the caps and it costs me $20 in shipping every time I want to get more. :(

Did you clear over the paint? If not it's going to rub off very fast. I did this to a stick once and the paint lasted for about a month because I was too cheap to put some clear over it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Buhbuhj posted:

Did you clear over the paint? If not it's going to rub off very fast. I did this to a stick once and the paint lasted for about a month because I was too cheap to put some clear over it.

It was primed, painted in outdoor paint and then Dullcote'd over, so it should last for a while, hopefully.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
It's taking so long for T7 to hit console. Christ

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

whip posted:

It's taking so long for T7 to hit console. Christ

I know. I feels like it's slow cooking in a volcano.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

AndyElusive posted:

I know. I feels like it's slow cooking in a volcano.

I played over 10,000 online matches in Tekken 6. I can't wait any longer

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

yeah but when it actually comes out, it's gonna be SO GOOD

THERES GONNA BE SO MANY HATS

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

http://i.imgur.com/ZljDetl.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias