Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Tpink claimed doctor, that fills the power role gap. There has to be a goon and an sk at this point. I doubt scum killed each other and no one claimed vig so it's an sk. There's for sure a goon left. All the mafia possibilities had a goon and we've lynched one and the other died at night. My suspicion shifted from you to tpink, to jimson. Based on claims and alleged night results.

You visited P Mach 2x and now they're dead. I think they pegged you and blocked you. Then you went back to kill them. If it's truly not Jimson, tpink or infinitum it's you, me and AR. But if there is an invest immune SK, inf isnt cleared either. However, we had it right the first time.

##vote 8e8op

You're scrambling.

A doctor is only a single power role slot, not a double, and having just PM, Hal, Muse and pink would bump us down to facing a two Goons + Roleblocker mafia. Unless you're telling us you were lying earlier* about not having a two-point powerrole, what you're saying makes no sense.

*Anomalous Amalgam posted:

If tentative is the cop.

CC - tent
B - P Mach
M - Hal
V - YPM
TT/T/0 - Scum team

then that's all roles claimed.

I am not a scum, but I'm almost certain it's tpink.

We have six players left. Town almost needs to strike right today and tomorrow to win, and I'm positive you, Anomalous Amalgam, are scum. If so, I think Jimson's most likely looking like a serial killer, esp after his recent posts and:

Jimson posted:

Like I said, I think you could be either goon or SK. I don't see the SK pushing for a no lynch, but your votes still on me so I think that reasoning is still valid on my part.
My bad
##nolynch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

tentative8e8op (2): Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam, Absurd Revolver, Anomalous Amalgam, Absurd Revolver, Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam, Jimson
Anomalous Amalgam (2): tentative8e8op, tentative8e8op, tentative8e8op, Infinitum, Jimson, Jimson
tpink (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Jimson, Infinitum, Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam, Jimson
Jimson (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Lynch No One! (0): Infinitum, Infinitum

Not Voting (2): Absurd Revolver, tpink

There are 6 living players. Elimination occurs at 4 votes!

The current deadline is April 29th, 2016 at 1 a.m. CDT -- that's in about 11 hours, 52 minutes.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
We need to make a serious discussion here. 8e8op is probably sk. Think about it, they pull a cop claim have been spotted going after targets and is now playing this game of riding out their role claim until they can just get one more kill. They don't need to worry about who or what they kill because them leaving scum alive is to there advantage. One more night kill can help cement there victory as long as they're alive. And scum would know that if bebop is really a cop then after this lynch it doesn't really matter because who's gonna believe them after tonight? Scum will just kill someone that's been targeted and bullied by bebop and let everyone draw their own conclusions.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
Absurd, Infinitum, tpink, I dont feel like now's a good time to read the thread but not post or vote. Please.

We have 12 hours until deadline, we're in a weird lylo-lite, and we cannot afford another no-vote. I hope to read any comments or concerns you have now, instead of seeing that you waited to post as we were pressing on our deadline.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I am still not 100% convinced (or even like 80% convinced) by tentative8e8ops's cop claim, but Anomalous Amalgam's and Jimson's posts over the past two days have been all over the road and even more suspicious, so if we are down to two scum, I can certainly see them as a team. gently caress it. I am going to roll the dice on this.

##vote Anomalous Amalgam

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I really don't know anymore. This is a hard one to try and decide, as both arguments are pretty convincing and relies on the other one being a brilliant lie, which only makes it seem that much more likely it's the truth because hey, it's goons.

Then again, it's happened before. I'm going to have to go with the big lie over occam's razor this time, yes, Jimson and AA being the scum team might seem more likely, but I learned recently that it might be better to just go with your gut even when you don't have the evidence to form a solid case.

##vote: tentative8e8ops

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Wow. Infi, we need you to come be the deciding vote and render judgment.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

YOLO

##vote 8e8op

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
If I am lynched, our only hope is that they try to kill eachother instead of sharing a victory :(

tpink posted:

Wow. Infi, we need you to come be the deciding vote and render judgment.

Infinitum already has a vote cast. AR, if we come close to a no-lynch I hope you'll change your vote to avoid it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Only reason I'm switching to bebop is that he has been categorically useless as cop.

Yet somehow still lives night after night with a cop role..

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
:gary::redhammer::yarg:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Votecount for Day 5

tentative8e8op (4): Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam, Absurd Revolver, Anomalous Amalgam, Absurd Revolver, Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam, Jimson, Absurd Revolver, Infinitum
Anomalous Amalgam (2): tentative8e8op, tentative8e8op, tentative8e8op, Infinitum, Jimson, Jimson, tpink, Infinitum
tpink (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Jimson, Infinitum, Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam, Jimson
Jimson (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Lynch No One! (0): Infinitum, Infinitum

Not Voting (0):

There are 6 living players. Elimination occurs at 4 votes!

The current deadline is April 29th, 2016 at 1 a.m. CDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 53 minutes.

With the lights back on and the city shaking off the madness, you hit the streets again, looking to see if there's anything like a friendly face. You could even do with seeing a cop at this point, just as long as they're there to help.

Oh.

tentative8e8op, a Town Cop, has been excised.

quote:

Welcome, tentative8e8op, you are Nicky Siano, a Town Cop DJ. A Brooklyn kid, you got your start working for David Mancuso at the legendary Loft club. Mancuso suggested you start your own venue, and you hit the ground running, launching one of the hottest underground nightclubs in Manhattan with your older brother Joe---The Gallery. The Gallery became ground zero for disco as America knew it. Grace Jones made her debut there. Frankie Knuckles (later of Chicago's Warehouse club) and Larry Levan (of NYC's Paradise Garage) served DJing apprenticeships under Siano there. It was the place to be to drink, trip and dance all night. But if that wasn't next-level enough, the game would change again when Studio 54 opened in the spring of `77, pulling you in to spin the hottest sounds for the biggest party in the city. Currently (1977) you're at the top of your game, but disaster awaits just around the corner. The Gallery will close within a year. Your drug issues will lead to you getting fired from 54 after playing all of Kraftwerk's "Trans-Europe Express" LP. However, this has no in-game effect. Other musicians you have recorded with may appear in this game, but this is no indication of alignment, they may be town or scum.

Video Link

Abilities:

Each night phase, you may investigate one player in the game. Your results will indicate town or anti-town status.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

It is now Night Five. Please submit all actions as soon as possible. You still have 24 hours to do so, but you should not need it.

...god drat, that giant-lips emote is ugly. Please get it the gently caress out of here.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The poo poo is getting way too complicated. You're thinking you might want to get the hell out of town. People are dropping like flies. Even the ones you do want to see go. You get home and lock the door, check your stash. At this point, who even knows if an armful will do it for you. gently caress.

Infinitum, Jerry Harrison, Vanilla Town, has been killed in the night.
Jimson, Ivan Kral, Mafia Goon, has been killed in the night.

quote:

Welcome, Infinitum, you are Jerry Harrison, a Vanilla Town guitarist. You're the last of the core Talking Heads lineup to join the group, in the spring of `77, having defected from the original lineup of the Modern Lovers some time before that. You're a multi-talented instrumentalist and arranger, whose counterpoint guitar lines and occasional keyboard work add life and space to the band's occasionally-sterile early material. Currently (1977) you're hanging with Frantz, Weymouth and Byrne, finishing up what will be the group's official first album, Talking Heads 77, which won't be a major hit, but does contain "Psycho Killer," the group's first masterpiece and obviously the anthem of `77. However, this has no in-game effect. Other musicians you have recorded with may appear in this game, but this is no indication of alignment, they may be town or scum.

Video Link (In the purple shirt)

Abilities:

Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

quote:

Welcome, Jimson. You are a Mafia Goon.

Your Cover Story is that you are Alan Vega, occasional painter and sculptor and more-than-occasional bug-eyed, leather-clad frontman for the electronic duo Suicide. You've got a mild obsession with the Ghost Rider comic book. Backed by keyboardist Martin Rev, you croon and murmur your way through eerie, disturbing tales of insanity, murder and worse. Currently (1977) you're finishing work on what may be the ultimate statement of punk, minimalism, electronic music, goth and a host of other genres, some not even invented yet---Suicide's self-titled debut record. However, this has no in-game effect. Other musicians you have recorded with may appear in this game, but this is no indication of alignment, they may be town or scum.

Video Link

You are actually Ivan Kral, poached from the guitar slot in the original Blondie lineup by Patti Smith, eventually staying with her band for four solid years, one of the (many) sticking points leading to the divide between Smith's crew and Debbie Harry's. You played on the mind-blowing "Horses" LP, which should be good enough for anyone's resume, but after that (and the next three Patti Smith records, you depart to play with Iggy Pop. And, when the Berlin Wall comes down and the Warsaw Pact states begin to shake off communist influence, you return to your native Czechoslovakia, helping to record the nascent rock scene of that country. You're actually a really interesting guy.

Video Link (left side of stage)

Abilities:

Factional communication: Your scumdoc is here.
Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partners may perform the factional kill.

Win condition:

You win when the Mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

It is now Day 6. Good luck.

hexwren fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 29, 2016

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (3): Absurd Revolver, Anomalous Amalgam, tpink

There are 3 living players. Elimination occurs at 2 votes!

There is currently no deadline set.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:ghost: Good luck town :ghost:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The only vote I feel comfortable making today is AR.

There vote history should be indicative of their motive IMO.

I've already argued that they were low content and bandwagon votes, but an SK is the only player who has something to gain by making votes like that.

I was right about Jimson, even if I was right about you and tent, tpink. I'm placing my vote on AR and I ask you really consider how we've each been playing the game before making your vote.

Your uncontested doctor claim, tent flipping cop, and the game not being over confirms an SK, and I sincerely believe it is AR.

##vote AR

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

The only vote I feel comfortable making today is AR.

Their vote history should be indicative of their motive IMO.

I've already argued that they were low content and bandwagon votes, but an SK is the only player who has something to gain by making votes like that.

I was right about Jimson, even if I wasn't right about you and tent, tpink. I'm placing my vote on AR and I ask you really consider how we've each been playing the game before making your vote.

Your uncontested doctor claim, tent flipping cop, and the game not being over confirms an SK, and I sincerely believe it is AR.

##vote AR
Mafia edit

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I wasn't even the one who made the argument that bebop wasn't cop, I just bought into it hook line and sinker.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Absurd Revolver posted:

I wasn't even the one who made the argument that bebop wasn't cop, I just bought into it hook line and sinker.

I'm not going against you for it either. It's for how you've played the game overall that leads me to believe you're the SK.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

I'm not going against you for it either. It's for how you've played the game overall that leads me to believe you're the SK.

Fair enough, but that happens like every single game I'm town, I get accused of being a 3p until the flip.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Absurd Revolver posted:

Fair enough, but that happens like every single game I'm town, I get accused of being a 3p until the flip.

I understand how that goes, but unless tpink is lying I can only go with what I feel is right. I know I'm not the SK and it's unlikely tpink is lying given the swing of night kills over the course of the game and the claim being uncontested.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

I understand how that goes, but unless tpink is lying I can only go with what I feel is right. I know I'm not the SK and it's unlikely tpink is lying given the swing of night kills over the course of the game and the claim being uncontested.

Honestly, if I had a case against someone else I'd use it to defend myself but I'm pretty lost, this game has been crazy.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I didn't think I needed to set a deadline.

Do I need to set a deadline?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I am catching up on the posts and reviewing everything from AR and AA again.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Having gone back over and read everything, I am going with AA. Genuinely not trying to base this too much on him pushing for me hard a couple of days ago, though I suppose some of that bleeding over into my decision is inevitable. A lot of AR's posts have been kind of indecisive and going with the flow and not going hard after anyone, even when asked directly. Maybe that's part of the long-term strategy, whatever, but just re-reading everything doesn't make want to vote for him. So I am leaning like 60-40 toward AA vs. AR and it's entirely possible I am wrong. But at this point it's just time to make a decision and roll the dice. So here goes.

##vote Anomalous Amalgam

Please don't be town. :(

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

tpink posted:

Having gone back over and read everything, I am going with AA. Genuinely not trying to base this too much on him pushing for me hard a couple of days ago, though I suppose some of that bleeding over into my decision is inevitable. A lot of AR's posts have been kind of indecisive and going with the flow and not going hard after anyone, even when asked directly. Maybe that's part of the long-term strategy, whatever, but just re-reading everything doesn't make want to vote for him. So I am leaning like 60-40 toward AA vs. AR and it's entirely possible I am wrong. But at this point it's just time to make a decision and roll the dice. So here goes.

##vote Anomalous Amalgam

Please don't be town. :(

Don't throw this game away. Yes I pushed against you on the previous lynch, but with no other claim I couldn't help but believe you were non-town. After Jimson pressured your claim, I immediately came around.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I seriously believe AR's "indecision" is a scum play, and that he has no intention of solving this game other than getting as many players eliminated as possible while remaining a non-factor over its duration.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

I seriously believe AR's "indecision" is a scum play, and that he has no intention of solving this game other than getting as many players eliminated as possible while remaining a non-factor over its duration.

I get it and I know that's entirely possible. Thus my 60-40 position. But if I am choosing between you and him, I am choosing you for scum. It's entirely possible I'm wrong but I don't believe that strongly enough to change my vote.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

tpink posted:

I get it and I know that's entirely possible. Thus my 60-40 position. But if I am choosing between you and him, I am choosing you for scum. It's entirely possible I'm wrong but I don't believe that strongly enough to change my vote.

That's a fair stance to take, but is my play really that indicative of a scum motive. I've been trying to solve the game over its course.

I believe that should warrant more than 60 - 40 odds. Especially with the stakes being what they are.

At this point I can only respect your stance, but I am asking that you reconsider with our victory so close at hand. If AR comes in and hammers, he wins. That's all there is to it. In any case it has been a good game.

Please reconsider.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Let's just see where we finally land. I was pretty sure you were town until now.

##vote: Anonymous Amalgam

I swear if you're scum tpink I'm gonna be so mad.

:redhammer:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Well poo poo... good game.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Anomalous Amalgam (2): tpink, Absurd Revolver
Absurd Revolver (1): Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (0):

There are 3 living players. Elimination occurs at 2 votes!

There is currently no deadline set.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

It feels like there's a million bands in this town. You know that only a couple of them are going to be remembered, only a few of them are going to make even a single drat cent in this world. But at the same time, you absolutely don't give a gently caress. You're up on stage, your friends are in the audience---and later tonight those positions will be reversed.

You've got the best songs in the world, you're gonna play 'em, and even as this whole loving city falls apart, you know exactly one thing:

Rock and roll, it will stand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS1xNFbtFhY

Anomalous Amalgam, Philip Glass, a Self-Aligned, Investigation-Immune Serial Killer, has been eliminated.

quote:

Welcome, Anomalous Amalgam, you are Philip Glass, a Self-Aligned Serial Killer keyboardist and composer. You struck out on your own, compositionally, from the expected modernist composers, studying at Julliard and in Paris. Upon completion of your studies, you threw yourself into a flurry of work, eventually hitting on the repetition that would become your thematic hallmark working on a film score with Ravi Shankar in 1966. The following year, you arrive in New York City and begin your work in earnest, completing a number of works and briefly working in an ensemble with the minimalist Steve Reich. That partnership dissolves come 1971, with the Philip Glass Ensemble and Steve Reich & Musicians being formed in its wake. Currently (1977) you've just finished touring behind your most well-known work, the first opera in your Portrait Trilogy, 1976's "Einstein on the Beach." Your work is often poo-pooed by classicists and modernists alike, considering it minimal synthetic noise, but time will tell, as you become possibly the single best-known composer of the late 20th century. However, this has no in-game effect. Other musicians you have recorded with may appear in this game, but this is no indication of alignment, they may be town or scum.

Video Link

Abilities:

Before the game begins, you must choose to be either Investigation Immune or 1-Shot Bulletproof.
Each night phase, you may select a player in the game to nightkill.

Win condition:

You win when you are the last player alive or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Absurd Revolver, Jonathan Richman, Vanilla Town, has endgamed.
tpink, Héctor Lavoe, a Town Doctor, has endgamed.

Town has won the game.

hexwren fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 1, 2016

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Remaining flips:

quote:

Welcome, Absurd Revolver, you are Jonathan Richman, a Vanilla Town singer and guitarist. After hearing the Velvet Underground in the late `60s, you decide to move from your home in the Boston suburbs to New York City to try and make it as a musician. However, even while sleeping on the Velvets' manager's couch, it didn't happen. Returning to Boston, you get it together and form The Modern Lovers, with whom you cut some demos and eventually one stone-classic LP. However, in the process of cutting that LP (The Modern Lovers, recorded `71-3), the original lineup split, and the confusion begins. After Jerry Harrison splits to join Talking Heads and David Robinson helps form The Cars, "The Modern Lovers" is released in the summer of `76, but in the meantime, you've formed a new Modern Lovers and you get this new lineup's debut (Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers, recorded 1976) out a month BEFORE the one built around the early-70s recordings. However, with both lineups of the group, you've recorded some amazing material, becoming the prototype for Talking Heads's first record and the entire twee movement with simple, often-childlike songs like "Roadrunner", "Government Center" and "Abominable Snowman in the Market." Currently (1977) you're working on the second LP with the second Modern Lovers lineup, "Rock 'n' Roll with the Modern Lovers." This disc is more of the same, but when "the same" means "absolutely great tunes like 'Dodge Veg-O-Matic' and 'Ice Cream Man'," it's nothing to sneeze at. However, this has no in-game effect. Other musicians you have recorded with may appear in this game, but this is no indication of alignment, they may be town or scum.

Video Link

Abilities:

Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.

Win condition:

quote:

Welcome, tpink, you are Héctor Lavoe, a Town Doctor singer. Born Héctor Juan Pérez Martínez in Puerto Rico, you've been fronting bands professionally since the age of 17, moving to New York City the same year---1963. Quickly falling in with the city's rapidly-evolving Latin music scene, you make debuts with multiple groups and hook up with powerhouse bandleader Willie Colón, spearheading the growth of salsa music as it begins to eclipse the previously-hot sound of boogaloo. You've appeared with your label's supergroup, The Fania All-Stars, and toured around the world with your own group, making famed appearances in Zaire for the festivities leading up to The Rumble in the Jungle, selling out Madison Square Garden, and will appear at the historic Havana Jam in Cuba in 1979 in a few short years. Currently (1977) you're between records, your last one appearing in 1976. Your next one, though, is going to crush it, featuring the tune that'll become one of your all-time reputation-makers, "El Cantante." However, this has no in-game effect. Other musicians you have recorded with may appear in this game, but this is no indication of alignment, they may be town or scum.

Video Link

Abilities:

Each night phase, you may attempt to protect one player in the game from being nightkilled. You may not protect the same player two nights in a row. You may protect yourself.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Noice.

WD town~

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I got a lot of thoughts about this game. They're pretty messy thoughts, so I'm not gonna post rashly. In the meantime, here:

Scumdoc
Moddoc

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
GJ guys

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
My day 1 scumreads were SSV, Bird, and Jimson, just sayin

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012