Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

My favorite joke was "I'm watching The Man in the High Castle for the wrong reasons!"

Also, what the hell happened with Ron White now? Wasn't he like the one funny one in the entire Blue Collar Comedy Tour (I say this based on like 10 year old memories)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I always felt bad for Jeff Foxworthy, because Ron White at least got to be the bad boy/comedian's comedian of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour while he was stuck in a prison of "...you might be a redneck" jokes when he obviously wanted to branch out from that. Especially when Bill Engvall is just copying him with his "here's your sign" garbage and Dan Whitney is a midwesterner shucking and jiving as a pretend redneck for the crowds and eclipsing Foxworthy's own career in the process.

There's an amazing made-for-TV movie or tell-all book to be made when all their pharmaceutical ad and novelty foodstuffs money dries up.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

Tomahawk posted:

So at this point WHM has accidentally predicted Jim Belushi in Twin Peaks and kind of Burton World (http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/25/tim-burton-bar-beetle-house)

What else?

That sounds cool but I still maintain that a full Tim Burton World amusement park would be AMAZING. The best part of his movies has always been the design and I'd pay too much money to be immersed in that.

I like The Centurions but knowing Jack Kirby did the designs is pretty sad. Dirtbag Stan Lee was a great bit tho, wanna see more of it, like this: http://the-toast.net/series/dirtbags/

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

GrandpaPants posted:

My favorite joke was "I'm watching The Man in the High Castle for the wrong reasons!"

Also, what the hell happened with Ron White now? Wasn't he like the one funny one in the entire Blue Collar Comedy Tour (I say this based on like 10 year old memories)

I think he just tours in his tricked out RV. Same thing he's been doing for most of his career. He was on This Is Not Happening earlier this year.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

Evil Mastermind posted:

I appreciated the newspaper noises when they were looking stuff up on IMDB.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. The guy reading the IMDB Tribune on the train is one of my favorite things.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

So I was going through the comments on the AV Club article, and holy poo poo someone actually did the Burger King Challenge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BFjgzl7c3A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVBVdMTQgb0

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Burger King was a mistake.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

There were 4 varieties of Larry the Cable Guy potato chips in the clearance bin at my local corner store a month ago. I bought Tater Salad and Fried Pickle, and they were both very tasty, honestly.

The back of the bags said something like "wimpy flavors are for nerds" or something, and the whole time I couldn't help but think they would've happily replaced either of those adjectives with some "fag" derivative if they could've gotten away with it. I admit that's pretty unfair on my part, though. It was just a feeling I got.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
About video game contests i wonder if they know about that one Nintendo Power contest where you can win a walk on role on The Mask 2 and meet Jim Carry? this contest was announced in the mid 90's. i think the first film just came out.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
That review they read at the end was by a bot, right? It was all so vague and nonspecific and stilted that I refuse to believe a human being wrote it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

GrandpaPants posted:

I remember watching a Ron White standup special once, and the crowd got super uncomfortable when he started talking about how much he loves smoking weed and he had a reasonably inoffensive bit about hot transsexuals. He was definitely not happy to be stuck with those yahoos.

hey kewl!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

precision posted:

I remember watching a Ron White standup special once, and the crowd got super uncomfortable when he started talking about how much he loves smoking weed and he had a reasonably inoffensive bit about hot transsexuals. He was definitely not happy to be stuck with those yahoos.

hey kewl!

I think Ron White was the only one of that group that I could stand back then. Of course "they call me 'tater salad" got pretty old because everyone in Kansas would repeat it over and over and over again (usually followed by "get 'er done less than 5 minutes later)

Violator
May 15, 2003

Holy Batman, dick beer made me laugh (and keeps me laughing) harder than I've laughed in a long, long time. Like "having trouble breathing" laughing. I think their reaction to it was as funny as the bit itself. Good Lord.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

precision posted:

hey kewl!

He also had a bit talking about how his homophobic relative was human garbage with the IQ of a rotting stump, so yeah, there was a culture clash there for sure.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Hey guys!
I was helping a friend deliver panela and oaxaca cheese yesterday. He gets the stuff fresh made straight from Mexico and delivers it same day, people go nuts for it.
After making the rounds we stop for dinner at a nice place called Rudy's BBQ. If you're ever in Del Rio, Texas it's worth stopping by at any time of day.

I'm on the tail end of the flu so I wasn't coughing too badly but I was still very achy and some nice BBQ would hit the right spot.

We split an order of 1/2 lbs of brisket, 1/2 lbs of chicken chicken and a mess of creamed corn.
After I finished eating, I got the call of nature and like a responsible adult I went to the bathroom.

Unfortunately, the second I entered the bathroom, I sneezed real hard and poo poo myself.
I cleaned up as best I could and made a b line for the exit.

Lucky me there's a walmart not 50 yards away where I got some wipes to clean myself up properly in the bathroom and some new under pants and a pair of jeans.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

sean10mm posted:

He also had a bit talking about how his homophobic relative was human garbage with the IQ of a rotting stump, so yeah, there was a culture clash there for sure.

He seemed like a fascinating guy in his WTF interview, really laid back but analytical.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

MariusLecter posted:

Hey guys!
I was helping a friend deliver panela and oaxaca cheese yesterday. He gets the stuff fresh made straight from Mexico and delivers it same day, people go nuts for it.
After making the rounds we stop for dinner at a nice place called Rudy's BBQ. If you're ever in Del Rio, Texas it's worth stopping by at any time of day.

I'm on the tail end of the flu so I wasn't coughing too badly but I was still very achy and some nice BBQ would hit the right spot.

We split an order of 1/2 lbs of brisket, 1/2 lbs of chicken chicken and a mess of creamed corn.
After I finished eating, I got the call of nature and like a responsible adult I went to the bathroom.

Unfortunately, the second I entered the bathroom, I sneezed real hard and poo poo myself.
I cleaned up as best I could and made a b line for the exit.

Lucky me there's a walmart not 50 yards away where I got some wipes to clean myself up properly in the bathroom and some new under pants and a pair of jeans.

Finally we've found the non-Eric part of the venn diagram crossover between SA and WHM

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

He seemed like a fascinating guy in his WTF interview, really laid back but analytical.

Ron White struck me as "What if Bill Hicks was not as funny, but a thousand times more laid back".

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I really liked Ron White in a plane with a really nervous guy.
:sweatdrop: Hey huhhuh, if one of the engines goes out, how far do you think the other will take us?
:clint: All the way to the scene of the crash.

"Aim us into something hard. I don't want to limp away from this piece of poo poo." -:clint:

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MariusLecter posted:

post you should never read ever

Jim Belushi didn't die for this

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I don't want to know, but I kind of do... what did he do with the soiled clothing after changing?

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

precision posted:

I don't want to know, but I kind of do... what did he do with the soiled clothing after changing?

"Elaine, are you listening?! I didn't even get there!"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

precision posted:

Under pants were a lost cause, went into the trash bin. Pants were double bagged and into the trunk for the car ride home.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

MariusLecter posted:

Hey guys!

Right up to here I thought this was just the weirdest drat spam message about earning $2000 a week part time, just go to this website.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Move this to the Shittin' Your Pants subforum

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

It's nice of Tucker Max to stop in and pay a visit to the WHM thread.

The best part of the "dick beer" line was Steve's immediate response. He reacted like he was a stuffy billionaire who just heard a filthy joke. Listen to it again and I'm pretty sure you can hear his monocle pop off.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Listen dudes. If you've never poo poo your pants as an adult, it's going to loving happen. It's loving going to happen. You'll eat the wrong food, you'll get too drunk, you'll get sick... it's going to happen to you.

Just be ready.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Grondoth posted:

Listen dudes. If you've never poo poo your pants as an adult, it's going to loving happen. It's loving going to happen. You'll eat the wrong food, you'll get too drunk, you'll get sick... it's going to happen to you.

Just be ready.
Or you'll end up in part of East Asia where the only available public toilets are these loving atrocities:

Confronted by the usual standard and state of those things, I'd rather poo poo myself, it'd be more hygienic.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

For fans of Turkploitation insanity, Ed Glaser did a series of short reviews with clips of these movies. Well worth checking out. I can't remember what his website or host was but I guess "ed glaser turkish" in Google will take you there.

As someone who finds the WHM Larry the Cable Guy voice really grating (I mean, so painful I had to cut short the review of that Xmas film featuring LtCG), should I avoid the new episode? It's the only voice they do that I simply can't listen to.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

For fans of Turkploitation insanity, Ed Glaser did a series of short reviews with clips of these movies. Well worth checking out. I can't remember what his website or host was but I guess "ed glaser turkish" in Google will take you there.

As someone who finds the WHM Larry the Cable Guy voice really grating (I mean, so painful I had to cut short the review of that Xmas film featuring LtCG), should I avoid the new episode? It's the only voice they do that I simply can't listen to.

hey coool!

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Speaking of pants-making GBS threads stories, aren't we overdue for April's Mailbag?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

This episode is like, solidly half Larry-voice.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

In Larry voice: Make America Great Again!

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

MariusLecter posted:

In Larry voice: Make America Great Again!

Dan Whitney voice: But seriously, you gotta put at least one Chappaquiddick joke in there

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Looks like I'm skipping this one then. :(

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

A Meat posted:

Dan Whitney voice: But seriously, you gotta put at least one Chappaquiddick joke in there

The IMDB Tribune is very comprehensive.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Seriously, though, "dick beer" is easily up there with "MOM COME JERK ME OFF" for the funniest poo poo in WHM

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Brocktoon posted:

Speaking of pants-making GBS threads stories, aren't we overdue for April's Mailbag?

You're in luck!

https://www.whmpodcast.com/2016/04/whm-mail-bag-peein-at-arcade-dirty.html?m=1

And right from the start we are already at a code red "put the email down, sir" situation. :allears:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Holy crap, it's an hour long mailbag. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

quote:

-Kenny G.

Sent From My iPhone