Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Drizzy Drake just dropped a Classic album on us, glad you all witnessed it live with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

So is this actually bad, or is it people here just forgetting that Drake is also a singer and expect him to always be rapping? Can't listen to it right now but I'm a fan of Drake's Singing Voice

E: reading back it was only Dexo talking badly lol. Can't wait to listen tomorrow

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

HATTAM posted:

So is this actually bad, or is it people here just forgetting that Drake is also a singer and expect him to always be rapping? Can't listen to it right now but I'm a fan of Drake's Singing Voice

It's a 9/10 at worst, you'll love it. Don't listen to Dexo he has been reported for Drake slander

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Oh poo poo Drake got some Desiigner soundalike on this Album. He killed that poo poo. Kid's got a future.

Easily the best verse I've heard so far.

3peat
May 6, 2010

A trash album from a trash rapper? No way.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

3peat posted:

Kanye thread is <---- way

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I feel like Views was Drake's attempt at making his version of The Blueprint but he accidentally overshot and made The Blueprint 2

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Childs Play :stare:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dexo posted:

Oh poo poo Drake got some Desiigner soundalike on this Album. He killed that poo poo. Kid's got a future.

future's sound is going to die real soon isn't it?

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

3peat posted:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

drake patch kanye back into pop style please

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I really really wish the Album was more Pop Style(with Kanye's Verse), Hype, Grammys, U With Me?.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

hahaha why is this album so loving backloaded

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Holy poo poo. Give me an Album with nothing but poo poo like Views.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

of course as soon as the back half picks up steam there's a two minute interlude and a song that opens with 20 seconds of dead air and is boring as gently caress

i am so fuckin over OVO's slow rnb bullshit, drake isn't even the best on his label at this

Dexo posted:

Holy poo poo. Give me an Album with nothing but poo poo like Views.

yea this track is great. give me full pop drake (like hold on we're going home) or give me good rapper drake (like the meek disses or even summer sixteen) but not this fuckin boring rnb drake

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Apr 29, 2016

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
views from the recycle bin

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

I thought the album was trash personally

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGKvpYI6JKI

I didn't really get $uicideboy$ at first but this song is loving fire

gucci bane fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Apr 29, 2016

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Views is my loving poo poo

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
But I've been listening to a lot of OVO sound radio, dvsn and partynextdoor tho so I don't know. It's real good

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Views is good. No slime season tho.

1) Pablo
2) Slime
6) Views

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
wow that album was real bad. Couple good songs but I'm going to forget 90% of them even existed tomorrow.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Fix Pop Style Drake.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

lmao the rap thread worked itself into a tizzy over a drake album

gently caress outta here b

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

New Aesop is out. Up on Spotify.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Skeezy posted:

New Aesop is out. Up on Spotify.

What is this, fuccboi day?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Haters vacate

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

I'm getting someone pregnant to one dance this summer :toxx:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You can lose the first five tracks on this album goddam. It starts so slowwwwww

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Album blows.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

abraham linksys posted:

of course as soon as the back half picks up steam there's a two minute interlude and a song that opens with 20 seconds of dead air and is boring as gently caress

i am so fuckin over OVO's slow rnb bullshit, drake isn't even the best on his label at this. give me full pop drake (like hold on we're going home) or give me good rapper drake (like the meek disses or even summer sixteen) but not this fuckin boring rnb drake

Totally agree wth all this.

Love drake but this album has easily been his worst release for me. The only good bit on the whole thing was the two Pimp C lines.

Views from the 4.6

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Apr 29, 2016

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Meek gonna have a field day.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
meek should shut the gently caress up

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Just woke up. Views is still out. God bless

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
https://twitter.com/MeekMill/status/136502337677172736

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

Haven't listened to it yet but I think it's how interesting how Drake forces extreme negative opinions out of people if they don't like him. Most people here didn't just not like it, they "loving hated it gently caress Drake" and it's like ok lol it's not that big a deal though.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

A lot of posters cut the check so they could take these posts
A lot of posters cut the check so they could take these postssss ooooohhhhhhooooo

DonnieBravo
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
"I know when that hot line bling oooooh"

Album is full of lit moments like that vocal take. Album is dope flames.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

HATTAM posted:

Haven't listened to it yet but I think it's how interesting how Drake forces extreme negative opinions out of people if they don't like him. Most people here didn't just not like it, they "loving hated it gently caress Drake" and it's like ok lol it's not that big a deal though.

yeah i go to metacritic and the user scores for the latest call of duty are very poor i don't know what's up with that get an ethnographic study done so i can better understand why extremely popular but generally mediocre elements of the entertainment industry draw extreme criticism from sections of the internet

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

HATTAM posted:

Most people here didn't just not like it, they "loving hated it gently caress Drake" and it's like ok lol it's not that big a deal though.

No one has said that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I like some songs so far, but Drake sounds really loving bored on some others.