Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Veskit posted:

Mergers and acquisitions again explains why he fucks. He's an expert you know what I've come on board with that now Jared is mergers and acquisitions.

Everyone but Russ misunderstands Jared:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metavisual
Sep 6, 2007

Veskit posted:

CFO would explain why he fucks

Chief loving Officer

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Where is, the coder chick?

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

metavisual posted:

Chief loving Officer

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

Holyshoot posted:

Where is, the coder chick?

There's a quick line toward the end of S2 that they had to let all the newly hired coders go while juggling the financial stuff. Even though she was the only named one (and I think the other gaggle of programmers was shown exactly once), she was on the chopping block.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Mortanis posted:

There's a quick line toward the end of S2 that they had to let all the newly hired coders go while juggling the financial stuff. Even though she was the only named one (and I think the other gaggle of programmers was shown exactly once), she was on the chopping block.

Didn't they just up and leave when it became apparent that they couldn't afford their wages?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Mortanis posted:

RIP I liked her. She was like a girl version of Gilfoyle.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

I'm going to be bummed if she does not immediately return when they start expanding.

awakenDeepBlue
Apr 28, 2013

The Dave posted:

I got excited when Dog (or is this the smaller one with a different name?) showed up and my wife stared at me with a blank expression.

I think based on its joints this one is Spot.

And I double checked an it was Spot, and the guys in the bushes are actually technicians for it.

http://www.techinsider.io/silicon-valley-google-spot-robot-2016-4

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
So glad this show is back. Great episode.

-The updated website is hilarious. Richard's bio is completely empty.
-Can someone post an animated .GIF of the theme song, and all the other versions for reference too?
-Really going to have to track down a spotify/youtube playlist of this shows soundtrack. It's badass.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

This site disclaimer is a great in joke reference:

The old Pied Piper “flute player” logo was referencing the fairy-tale character and in no way was meant to suggest a sexual act involving either the mouth or ear of the figure depicted. Apologies to any who were offended, and the logo has been changed to our current green “PP”!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I thought Jared was an MBA. Also he keeps popping up with answers in such a way that I want an episode where he's quietly putting out all their fires in the background.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

etalian posted:

This site disclaimer is a great in joke reference:

The old Pied Piper “flute player” logo was referencing the fairy-tale character and in no way was meant to suggest a sexual act involving either the mouth or ear of the figure depicted. Apologies to any who were offended, and the logo has been changed to our current green “PP”!

Working alright for PayPal heh

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

PostNouveau posted:

I thought Jared was an MBA. Also he keeps popping up with answers in such a way that I want an episode where he's quietly putting out all their fires in the background.

Perhaps literally, given what happened last time there was an actual fire.

"Jin-Yiang! Stop burning trash!"

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

This show is so great. I still stand by my opinion that it is not in fact a parody at all, and is actually a documentary playing out with people who just look like some actors.

The music in this show (and anything Mike Judge has done) is always great. Made me need RTJ 3 more than I thought I needed it.

I am sick, I will punch your baby bear in his poo poo.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
If bighead is a real thing how do I become him? I want what he has.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Holyshoot posted:

If bighead is a real thing how do I become him? I want what he has.

It is called "falling upward". It happens a lot in upper management in my experience. If you have been somewhere long enough and/or it is too costly in either money/PR/what have you they will keep falling upward until they are quietly let go without a fuss. I always thought it was imagined until I saw it first hand a couple of times.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I'm going to pretend Bighead is based on Marissa Mayer.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

gret posted:

I'm going to pretend Bighead is based on Marissa Mayer.

I didn't know who she was and

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marissa_Mayer

quote:

Since 2008, Mayer has lived in the 38th-floor penthouse suite at the Four Seasons Hotel in San Francisco

I can't even imagine how much that costs - jesus, buy a house

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Marissa Mayer is proof that female CEOs can be just as nasty and sociopathic as their male counterparts.

Holyshoot posted:

At first she looked like she was gonna be someone who could go toe-to-toe with Bachman, Dinesh, and Gilfoyle in banter. But I guess she was just a way for Mike Judge to go, "Hey, I got a prominent woman character like y'all wanted," then dump her unceremoniously when the time came. In other words, he was trolling people. Both things are admirable.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 29, 2016

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Considering each season is so short and the main cast is so large I'd bet the problem is just not enough time/room for more characters that aren't critical to the main storyline. I'm surprised the bighead stuff is still so prominent, so I assume it will have some bigger plot impact this season (or next?)

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Bighead just got $20m.

I forget the numbers from the episode, but how much did Raviga invest? I could see Bighead stumbling into owning a very decent share of PP.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Propaganda Machine posted:

Bighead just got $20m.

I forget the numbers from the episode, but how much did Raviga invest? I could see Bighead stumbling into owning a very decent share of PP.

CWO.

Chief Worthlessness Officer.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

CWO.

Chief Worthlessness Officer.

CFO

Chief gently caress-you-I-gots-the-Benjamins Officer

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Propaganda Machine posted:

CFO

Chief gently caress-you-I-gots-the-Benjamins Officer

This is Bighead we're talking about. He'll blow every dollar of that twenty million on a potato gun that can send a potato into low earth orbit.

...then someone will suggest how to use it as a micro-satellite launcher or ASAT weapon and he'll join the three comma club.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Apr 29, 2016

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

EugeneJ posted:

I can't even imagine how much that costs - jesus, buy a house

To be fair, an equivalent house (and maid service, personal cook, etc) in San Francisco is also...not cheap.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Obviously CBO

Chief Boat Officer

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Y-Hat posted:

Marissa Mayer is proof that female CEOs can be just as nasty and sociopathic as their male counterparts.

The other benefit is if you rented a room next to her you could enjoy her crazy laugh each night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcSujceZDmg

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Richard's " They replaced me with some rear end in a top hat who can't even cure cancer" line killed me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

squidgee posted:

Everyone but Russ misunderstands Jared:

I loving knew Jared was a serial killer.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

This is Bighead we're talking about. He'll blow every dollar of that twenty million on a potato gun that can send a potato into low earth orbit.

...then someone will suggest how to use it as a micro-satellite launcher or ASAT weapon and he'll join the three comma club.

I know, he's incompetent, but the only reason he's in the show is because he was buddies with the gang before they left, and he didn't have the gonads to follow suit. Now that he's contractually cut off from his rooftop Hooli buddies, I could definitely see him crawling back to the Pied Piper boys with his tail between his legs and a wad of cash.

Like, seriously. It's Chekhov's Severance Pay.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
If they want to continue the BigHead story in the direction that tracks Silicon Valley most accurately, he'll probably be hired by a VC and put in charge of a billion dollar investment fund. Either that or someone will buy his next lovely app for $100M, but that would require that he do actual work first, which ain't happening.

Alternatively, he could invest it all in PP and end up making more than the rest of the guys combined if it succeeds.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

MrBuddyLee posted:

Alternatively, he could invest it all in PP and end up making more than the rest of the guys combined if it succeeds.

There's no way they're going to take PP public just yet, and none of the board would allow him to buy his way in as it'd dilute their eventual profits. 20 million to everyone but Monica, Bachmann, and Richard is pocket change.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Also remember that Hooli just laid off the entire Nucleus staff *without* no-competes - they're either going to end up with Pied Piper, or Bighead feels bad for them all and starts his own company full of Nucleus rejects

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

EugeneJ posted:

they're either going to end up with Pied Piper

This is my guess.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

PostNouveau posted:

that's literally what he's doing at the end of season 2 man. Like there's actually a fire in the background which he's trying to put out.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

EugeneJ posted:

Also remember that Hooli just laid off the entire Nucleus staff *without* no-competes - they're either going to end up with Pied Piper, or Bighead feels bad for them all and starts his own company full of Nucleus rejects

When they showed the scene with the two brogrammers in the Previously On clips, I instantly became convinced they'd end up working for Richard.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MoPZiG posted:

Well they should change something about Monica because right now shes just a limp-dick Mary Sue.
A Mary Sue is a perfect character written into a piece of fiction to represent the author. Lt. BasementDweller being the unimpeachable hero in a Star Trek fanfic is a Mary Sue.

She is just an underdeveloped female character.

And I loving died at Bighead's reason for needing to think about taking 20 million dollars. He'd give up 20 mil just to hang out all day on a roof with other vesting nerds. Hoping he winds up at Pied Piper.

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

To be fair he thought it was only 2 million.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

And I loving died at Bighead's reason for needing to think about taking 20 million dollars. He'd give up 20 mil just to hang out all day on a roof with other vesting nerds. Hoping he winds up at Pied Piper.

I wouldn't be surprised if he turned it down because he actually is that stupid, then Gavin thinks it's a power move and he fails upward yet again into like 50 million.

• Locked thread