Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

tpink posted:

What's the rationale for investigating kumba? He's one of few people I am already fairly certain is town.

You have very few potential targets left and no one is above suspicion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

kaschei posted:

B) if I ad hom'd outside a joke about ad homming I need it pointed out to me, although I only reread the last page
Okay "you're smart enough..." was condescending on my part but I really dont believe you were engaging with me honestly at that point

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

" It wasn't like I wrote long screeds asking -begging - tpink to investigate me. Literally all I said was "I'm fine with this." Because I am. I see the logic behind it, and even if I know I'm town, none of you all know it, and me coming up as town will help a lot in figuring out people's alignments, especially since, from my perspective, the only player tpink could get a scum result on is murmur, but I already know she's scum. Keeping her alive for another night "just to be sure" helps nobody and could potentially be disastrous."
You can see the logic of a plan that makes no sense under the assumption that a godfather exists, assuming that a godfather exists

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Remember you didn't just assent to being investigated, you assented to Keane's plan

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

You are bending over backwards to justify making each of your assumptions that let you argue that the godfather has been investigated, but you conveniently ignore that one (other than you) has to assume that you are not godfather to reach the same conclusion.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Someone (other than you)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Sure, we can investigate me or kumba if we want, that's fine.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

" I'm not insulting who you are or your abilities or personality. The straightforward answer is that you're making bad arguments because your real goal isn't to persuade me to not vote for Murmur or even to convince others that I'm scum, not really; your real goal is to keep Murmur alive for another night, not because you're bad at mafia, but because you're scum with her"

Believing I'm town would be an insult to my intelligence ? Jfc

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I wish Murmur well.

I wish to throw her in one!

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Literal "scum or dumb" in a post where you pat yourself on the back for being so high toned

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

Sure, we can investigate me or kumba if we want, that's fine.

yup go for it

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

So kaschei, you're arguing that Ecco and one of the Masons are the remaining scum?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I'm arguing that Ecco's complete confidence that neither remaining mason is a scum is a sham. It could be ecco+a mason or ecco+cpig if mt is town.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I'll be gone for several hours starting now :)

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Ecco+ mason seems likeliest because ecco is acting Like a godfather but there mmay be some other out

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

CCKeane posted:

I wish Murmur well.

I wish to throw her in one!

I wish Keane volcano.

tpink posted:

What's the rationale for investigating kumba? He's one of few people I am already fairly certain is town.

If we kill Ecco and she flips scum, then of Keane/Kumba/me Kumba would be the only person uninvestigated who didn't lead the charge on a scum.

If we kill Ecco and she flips town, then your choices are either me (who would be a prime suspect) or Kumba. If Kumba investigates scum - which I think he would by process of elimination, cool. And if not, then I would almost certainly eat the next lynch.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

I think murmur twin is scum because she's played like scum. I made a bunch of cases to that effect, like in this post here:

EccoRaven posted:

So I'm at the position I'm in, where I genuinely don't think tpink and the masons are scum. I'm also going into this genuinely thinking Murmur is scum. Throughout the game murmur has played scummily - her vote on CPig on Day 1 (and her massive "jk!" and false recontextualizing it throughout the game since); her changing opinions on me when nothing has otherwise been posted; her subtle interactions with me re:Infinitum (she made a sloppy case against me based mainly about how I had a suspicion on Infinitum that was an iota more serious than gut but I couldn't phrase it well so earlyin the game). She's played a scum game.

Interestingly Ecco's case on me is a re-hash of the points she made on me in days 1 and 2 (she once again brings up one of my first posts, really?) but doesn't mention the actual scummiest thing I did this game, which was driving the lynch on Absurd Revolver. She's not forming an organic opinion, she's reciting a lie that she didn't update.

If she was actually town trying to find scum, don't you think she would have nailed me for this?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also, let's pretend I am scum for a second. Why on earth would I try and NK Ecco? Her TOWN flip would make me look bad and force me to build a new fake point of view.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also I feel like the best way to proceed is to weed out the remaining people who might still investigate scum. The next two lynches and investigations should probably be focused within Me, Ecco, Keane, and Kumba, at least until that scum is caught. If we Godfather hunt today, it means we're not using information (the investigations) for no good reason.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I think we kill one of Ecco or MMT today and investigate Kumba.

I don't think we can get away from not killing the other if the one we kill comes up town. So if they are both town we've lost unless scum screws up or someone has a power they haven't claimed.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Also we investigate Kumba because if Ecco is scum my doctor clears CCKeane, if we assume scum didn't withhold night kill.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Murmur Twin posted:

Also, let's pretend I am scum for a second. Why on earth would I try and NK Ecco? Her TOWN flip would make me look bad and force me to build a new fake point of view.

Yeah, I can't get away from this reasoning.

##vote Ecco

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

And on one last note - just think about how that BP claim was used. The only information it gives is "Ecco was the NK target, which clears her as town", but the only person who can verify it exists is Ecco herself. Does that sound like something town would do or something scum would do?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Actually i am convinced. Mmt has presented good logical cases and ecco is looking worse and worse.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
she's really ot but I can't write why because my hands are hurting.

please at least use my flip to figure out the game when I'm gone

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

Actually i am convinced. Mmt has presented good logical cases and ecco is looking worse and worse.

:agreed:

let's get this show on the road ##vote ecco

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

good luck everyone!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kumbamontu posted:

:agreed:

let's get this show on the road ##vote ecco

There is still like a full day before deadline. What's the rush?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i didn't even look at the deadline, why do you suddenly care

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kumbamontu posted:

i didn't even look at the deadline, why do you suddenly care

Because that is important scumbo? Only scumbos want to rush things.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Probably.

========

Dear Scum:

##vote ecco

:redhammer:

History obliterates in every picture it paints / it paints me and all my mistakes

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

Because that is important scumbo? Only scumbos want to rush things.

it is hard to rush something when you don't know that you're rushing it

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Noooooooooo, goodbye EccoRaven!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
mafia edit: i still haven't learned to preview, apparently

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kumbamontu posted:

it is hard to rush something when you don't know that you're rushing it

Yeah scumbo. I answered a question you asked me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I am heading home, will post flip soon.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

When I was seventeen a hurricane
Destroyed my town
I didn’t drown
I couldn’t seem to die
I wrote my way out
Wrote everything down far as I could see
I wrote my way out
I looked up and the town had its eyes on me

EccoRaven, Hamilton, Scum Bulletproof has been CANCELED Day 4

It is now Night 4, please get your night actions in to Tokes.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

EccoRaven (5): Murmur Twin, kaschei, garthoneeye, Kumbamontu, EccoRaven
Murmur Twin (1): EccoRaven, CapitalistPig, EccoRaven

Not Voting (2): CCKeane, tpink

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is April 30th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 3 hours.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Still waiting on some night actions. Token isn't available today, so if you haven't sent it in yet, please PM me your action. You have until 7PM tonight, or else it's going to be void.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Start by admitting
From cradle to tomb
It isn't that long a stay.
Life is a Cabaret, old chum,
It's only a Cabaret, old chum,
And I love a Cabaret!

Garthoneeye, Cabaret, Town Doctor has been CANCELED on Night 4.

It is now Day 5. Deadline is Monday, May 2 at 10PM EST.

• Locked thread