Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.

CaptainScraps posted:

◄ CHRISTEENE (Hell)

...dying at this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I was team BTDQ since Meat the Queens but it would rock my world to see Chi Chi crowned.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.
And so many things we can't talk about.

caligulamprey posted:

I haven't been to too many drag shows, but I'm assuming that Bob scheduling two Portland shows on a Sunday at 3 AM and 11 AM is insane, right? It seems insane.

Let's get legally high and see Bob on a Sunday before noon! :getin:

the Star Theater doesn't hold those hours, ha!
on 6.19 Bob is doing 2 shows, a daytime all-ages gig from 1-3pm then 21+ from 3-8.
But YES PLEASE. reefer and drag queens?! perfection!

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Millie posted:

I was team BTDQ since Meat the Queens but it would rock my world to see Chi Chi crowned.

This is exactly me.

If anything, I just want Chi Chi to release audiobooks after Drag Race. Her voice :allears:

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

CaptainScraps posted:

Btw Spite House, check out this lineup for Friday

Cupcake, if you'll remember, was that drag queen pretending to be the easter bunny. It's going to be awful.
I knew you were the absolute worst. Why do I have to work, and not jet out there immediately to behold this catastrophe. WHY.

(Oh yeah, because I'm a goddamn grownup. Goddamn.

Seriously, gently caress you.)

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
this might be the first time in ages I've liked every one in the top 4

fake edit: I went through the seasons on Wikipedia and actually it's the first time

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Jesus, Nemo you alright?! Spaz! .... Stop Smiling!

big black turnout posted:

this might be the first time in ages I've liked every one in the top 4

Same.

And all im sayin is this:

Kim is a make-up artist who does incredible drag

Bob is an entertainer who does incredible drag

Naomi is a model who does incredible drag

Chi Chi IS an incredible drag queen

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I would be happy with any of them as winners. They're all swell.

The last challenge is usually acting so Bob is probably safe for top 3. Kim Chi, Naomi, and Chi Chi have all stumbled on one or more previous acting challenges.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Cocks Cable posted:

I would be happy with any of them as winners. They're all swell.

The last challenge is usually acting so Bob is probably safe for top 3. Kim Chi, Naomi, and Chi Chi have all stumbled on one or more previous acting challenges.

It's the music video. So there's going to be acting AND dancing, which doesn't bode well for Kim Chi in particular.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

HatchetDown posted:

Same.

And all im sayin is this:

Kim is a make-up artist who does incredible drag

Bob is an entertainer who does incredible drag

Naomi is a model who does incredible drag

Chi Chi IS an incredible drag queen
Huh.

Standing around observing this statement, and for some reason my back heel just got to stomping like a motherfucker.

Child.

Might have to go watch "Formation" and Angelique Kidjo's version of "Voodoo Chile Slight Return" again.

Hm.

spite house fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Apr 28, 2016

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

It's the music video. So there's going to be acting AND dancing, which doesn't bode well for Kim Chi in particular.

gently caress. When you're right, you're right. She might be leaving, considering dancing is Chi Chi's specialty, and Bob is pretty good at it too.

My only thought beyond that is, what the hell would Chi Chi even WEAR for the finale episodes? Her drag is very much cheap queen.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

She is a cheap queen but her aspiration was always towards the better and boutiquier. I would hope the Shreveport drag community came together and got her something nice to wear for the finale. The problem then being having to wear what the collective fashion sense of Shreveport Louisiana defines as being nice. Hopefully it was a giftcard instead.

I'm switching to rooting for her to win. She's done well, she's been a gem, she's funny and really needs the money. The other three have good earning potential without the title. Chi Chi would benefit the most from the easy career boost of taking the crown. She could get out of debt, be happier and run drag poo poo down in Caddo Parish for decades with a win.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Derrick's level of delusion was impressive, if nothing else. I am still a little grumpy she made the top 5 and even more so that they tried to push how much she had grown because she tried to cover her eyebrows once. Every other time she seemed utterly clueless about what her critiques were even critiquing. "If I twerk will they think I have soul?" "But every part has a hem!" "I worked all night to make the colors analogous!" Uugh.

What happened in Vegas should stay in Vegas. Forever.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Yeah I'm glad Derrick tried, and I respect her more now than I did at the beginning of the show, but she should not have defended her look so hard. Either she was just being defensive or she actually had no idea how grade-school scrapbook she looked. I'd rather admit I just did a bad look than basically say I have no aesthetic taste and can't tell what makes something look good.

I'm happy with the top 4 though. Love them all. Still rooting for Bob but Chi2 has definitely stolen my heart as well.

WTF was with Raven and Raja booting Kim? But giving Derrick toots? I love you but please stop smoking so much, Raja.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here because although I am glad Derrick FINALLY went home, I heard what she said about her outfit and staying up all night does make a little sense. She said she put words that meant something on her corset and made it "mirrored" on both sides. If she really did that, then looking through magazines/books for the right words would take a little time. I'm sure we all did a collage or two in our time and can say "it doesn't take THAT long" but it might have taken her longer to find the exact words she was looking for. So "all night" might be an exaggeration but I'm sure it took a while.

I mean, it took her "all night" to sew that hem in her fabric a few weeks ago, right?

Again - glad she's gone.

On a different note, my wife and I were talking and we want to know what we have to do to be best friends with Latrice Royale because our lives would be so much better that way. :allears:

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

A God drat Ghost posted:

WTF was with Raven and Raja booting Kim? But giving Derrick toots? I love you but please stop smoking so much, Raja.

They instantly started judging the outfits based on the queens' record (Derrick's was good...for Derrick, Kim Chi's wasn't unbelievably fabulous...for Kim Chi), which just goes to show why they shouldn't be allowed to explicitly acknowledge the queen's identity. JUDGE THE FASHION

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Derrick wouldn't have anything to say to this queens if the Judges gave no critiques. That's how he seemed to me. Every comment or critique towards the others seemed parroted. Or he would not understand the judges and use that for validation. I'm glad he's gone. Just be Spears on Vegas forever.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Flyinglemur posted:

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here because although I am glad Derrick FINALLY went home, I heard what she said about her outfit and staying up all night does make a little sense. She said she put words that meant something on her corset and made it "mirrored" on both sides. If she really did that, then looking through magazines/books for the right words would take a little time. I'm sure we all did a collage or two in our time and can say "it doesn't take THAT long" but it might have taken her longer to find the exact words she was looking for. So "all night" might be an exaggeration but I'm sure it took a while.

See, the problem is that you should only really focus on details like that AFTER you've worked out a good overall design and gotten it down. The text may have been mirrored on the corset, but despite that cool little element, he looked like Willam doing a "WWE Divas" themed dumpster challenge.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Hermetic posted:

See, the problem is that you should only really focus on details like that AFTER you've worked out a good overall design and gotten it down. The text may have been mirrored on the corset, but despite that cool little element, he looked like Willam doing a "WWE Divas" themed dumpster challenge.

I agree. But he was the only one who focused on the :words: part of the challenge.

At least he embraced the material.

And to clarify again, I agree it was the worst. It was like he focused in on one part of the challenge and missed the big picture.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
HAHA Quote is not edit. I've only been here for 12 years.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I definitely think Kim Chi is going home next, but to be fair, she deserves it. She's a great makeup artist, but she can't dance, walk, or talk and that's not America's next drag superstar imo

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

I definitely think Kim Chi is going home next, but to be fair, she deserves it. She's a great makeup artist, but she can't dance, walk, or talk and that's not America's next drag superstar imo

I think you could say the same about Naomi. Even though she really stepped up her game and her last couple runways have been fantastic, she's still not at Kim Chi's level with makeup and garment construction (though to be fair, only Acid Betty was competition in that department). Naomi gives a great runway model walk, but she's not funny like Bob or Chi Chi and her awful Snatch Game doesn't inspire confidence about her acting.

I'd agree Kim Chi is a bit one dimensional, unfortunately, but Naomi isn't much better. Bob and Chi Chi seem like more well-rounded queens.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Pellisworth posted:

I think you could say the same about Naomi. Even though she really stepped up her game and her last couple runways have been fantastic, she's still not at Kim Chi's level with makeup and garment construction (though to be fair, only Acid Betty was competition in that department). Naomi gives a great runway model walk, but she's not funny like Bob or Chi Chi and her awful Snatch Game doesn't inspire confidence about her acting.

I'd agree Kim Chi is a bit one dimensional, unfortunately, but Naomi isn't much better. Bob and Chi Chi seem like more well-rounded queens.

Yeah, I don't think Naomi is winner material either, but the remaining challenges + lsfyl are worse for Kim Chi I think

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Yeah, I don't think Naomi is winner material either, but the remaining challenges + lsfyl are worse for Kim Chi I think

I'm still disappointed that Acid Betty left so early, there were several more queens that should have gone home before her imo. Her dance and acting performances seemed solid in addition to her amazing runways, I think she should've been in the top 4/5.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Pellisworth posted:

I kinda think that's how we all see it shaping up. Kim is the most likely to go home next, followed by Naomi (though I could see Naomi being next if Kim steps her game up and Naomi is asked for emotion other than :geno:.). It seems a lot like 2 seasons ago when it was down to Adore and Bianca. The only question is if they'll go with the experienced and polished queen again, or give it to the young up-and-comer this time. I'm leaning more towards the latter myself, because while Chi-chi still has room for improvement, I think she's a lot more polished than Adore was. (Though that might just be 2 years of fade on my memories of everybody's favorite fuckin' "Partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" girl.)

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Hermetic posted:

I kinda think that's how we all see it shaping up. Kim is the most likely to go home next, followed by Naomi (though I could see Naomi being next if Kim steps her game up and Naomi is asked for emotion other than :geno:.). It seems a lot like 2 seasons ago when it was down to Adore and Bianca. The only question is if they'll go with the experienced and polished queen again, or give it to the young up-and-comer this time. I'm leaning more towards the latter myself, because while Chi-chi still has room for improvement, I think she's a lot more polished than Adore was. (Though that might just be 2 years of fade on my memories of everybody's favorite fuckin' "Partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" girl.)

Nope. Adore had better outfits brought with her, even if the hems didn't hit the floor. They were even better the second they told her to synch in the waist. Chi Chi's Snatch Game SUCKED and Adore' Anna Nicole was funny as hell. The "recorded commercial" vs "political campaign" was better too, even when she was shackled with Laganja. Adore got more polished throughout the season and was better at the start, if you don't think of the awful first outfit.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Also, as much as I like Chi Chi, she doesn't hold a candle to Adore's "It Factor." Of all the queens that have been on the show, I think Adore has the strongest chance to become a breakout celebrity.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Pellisworth posted:

I'm still disappointed that Acid Betty left so early, there were several more queens that should have gone home before her imo. Her dance and acting performances seemed solid in addition to her amazing runways, I think she should've been in the top 4/5.

Totally agree. Her snatch game was bad but she was so much better than some of the others who got to stick around. Derrick included, hemmy!

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Pan Dulce posted:

Nope. Adore had better outfits brought with her, even if the hems didn't hit the floor. They were even better the second they told her to synch in the waist. Chi Chi's Snatch Game SUCKED and Adore' Anna Nicole was funny as hell. The "recorded commercial" vs "political campaign" was better too, even when she was shackled with Laganja. Adore got more polished throughout the season and was better at the start, if you don't think of the awful first outfit.

Fair enough. I just remember thinking she was gonna win it all, but I also remember her being "eh" for a lot of the competition, despite being unbelievably hot out of drag having a lot of potential.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Hermetic posted:

being unbelievably hot out of drag

No, I think that should count towards a win. I can forgive a lot of mistakes if the guy making them is foxy.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

criscodisco posted:

No, I think that should count towards a win. I can forgive a lot of mistakes if the guy making them is foxy.

I honestly can't be salty about Pearl making top 3 last season precisely because of this.

(And because now that S7 is but a faint star in the distance it's a lot easier to recognize that she really is a fierce queen.)

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
[

criscodisco posted:

It's always nice when the hot ones are good, so you can root for them.

I really wanted to see Bendelacreme in the top 3 S6...

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Oft-cited as hottest queen ever Pearl got into the top 3 and we know how that went

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
Considering she now has a modelling contract I would say quite well.

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Hermetic posted:

It's always nice when the hot ones are good, so you can root for them.

I really wanted to see Bendelacreme in the top 3 S6...

Me too! One of my favorites in and out of drag.

As far as this season goes, echoing the sentiment about the top 4. If Kim Chi goes home this next episode she's a definite contender for Miss Congeniality.

Derrick was running on borrowed time since the first time she had to lipsynch. I just don't think she quite understood that there's a difference between female celebrity impersonation and drag. While it is a fine line, Chad Micheals definitely surpassed all expectation by still being drag without having to rely on his primary celebrity impersonation. I don't think Derrick quite understood this critique and took it more as a personal attack rather than constructive criticism. She might not also have been ready to deal with the harsh criticism that comes with a competition such as this. I'm still curious to follow her and see where she is drag wise a year from now, but she was just overshadowed by some really great queens.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Not Today Satan posted:

I'm still curious to follow her and see where she is drag wise a year from now, but she was just overshadowed by some really great queens.

It's actually been almost a year since filming and she's already come a long way!

...still continues to look like Willam and Britney had a baby.

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Combed Thunderclap posted:

It's actually been almost a year since filming and she's already come a long way!

...still continues to look like Willam and Britney had a baby.

Wow, you weren't kidding! I can't believe I'm not following Derrick on Instagram! Definitely remedied that though. Thanks!

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
That was some Tammie Brown Realness on Derrick's forehead this week.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Pearl is a good model but all of her lipsyncs were terrible.

Also I want Cynthia to be miss Congeniality because she basically is? *nonsensical noises and CUCU repeatedly*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

angerbeet posted:

Also I want Cynthia to be miss Congeniality because she basically is goddesses. Yes ma'am.

ftfy

• Locked thread