Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

Saw a dude fake someone out by throwing his AWP the other day :v:

I knew about the fake flash usage, maybe I should try it sometime.

If you're low or the enemy already knows where you're at, you pretty much have nothing to lose by trying. If I'm ever in a doable retake situation but I don't have a kit or I'm not sure if one is on the site I just do a fake flash on like each corner I peek so I can clear angles more quickly and remain relatively safe.

update posted:

VAC

CS:GO VAC Bans and CS:GO Game Bans will be applied to all accounts that share the same phone number.

Haha holy poo poo :rip:

fennesz fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
If you've played more than 20-30 MM games, you've probably played with or against a cheater. At at very conservative estimate, I'd say 1/10 games at the top ranks have a cheater. Personally the incidence is higher than that for me, just going by the amount of VAC/OW bans in my game history, and that won't include the many hacks that will bypass both of those things.

e: I'll add that I've seen cheaters at every rank. There aren't significantly more at higher ranks, but there are more. It's usually also much easier to spot cheaters at lower ranks because they can't hide it at all.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

to be honest the update isn't going to do anything that prime wasn't, unless valve have already detected a whole bunch of new private cheats and were planning on catching the hackers off guard.

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

Leveling my account from 1-3 I saw like 10+ different hackers in the casual queue. I've only played against one waller going from mg1->mge so far. I'm sure if I bother playing more mm that it'll go up.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

When is prime going to kick in? I'm still getting lots of fresh accounts walling in lem-ge queue. It's not hard to beat because they usually can't aim but when you keep pwning them they just toggle aim assist.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Nvm

qhat fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Apr 30, 2016

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

ghostter posted:

When is prime going to kick in? I'm still getting lots of fresh accounts walling in lem-ge queue. It's not hard to beat because they usually can't aim but when you keep pwning them they just toggle aim assist.

Idk, I'm a little disappointed it's not enabled after over a week

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I just started playing on Faceit and csgo.exe keeps crashing every other game I play. Is that par for the course?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

UnfurledSails posted:

I just started playing on Faceit and csgo.exe keeps crashing every other game I play. Is that par for the course?

No

How are you connecting to the matches? try just copying the ip and joining manually rather than using the button

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Famethrowa posted:

Why do people ever buy decoys? All they ever do is throw them mid or in spawn.

You can fake flashes with them. People will instinctively look away so you can get a big advantage... If it works.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Agoat posted:

You can fake flashes with them. People will instinctively look away so you can get a big advantage... If it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXGj51bZ_Ng&t=60s

:getin:

i could make a video of people falling for those.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I like to buy one t side pistol round on Dust 2. Toss it out of the tunnel at B just before rushing the site and die because I'm at the rank where nobody turns away from flashes anyway and the entire strategy is "rush b site".

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

thank god i have the patience and tenacity of a monk or else i'd have flung my pc angry birds style with a giant slingshot into the server clusters in brazil

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Jeza posted:

e: I'll add that I've seen cheaters at every rank. There aren't significantly more at higher ranks, but there are more. It's usually also much easier to spot cheaters at lower ranks because they can't hide it at all.

this is what I've been hearing. Down in the mg's I had three blatant togglers, twice got a message they got banned on my screen and everything

ArfJason posted:

thank god i have the patience and tenacity of a monk or else i'd have flung my pc angry birds style with a giant slingshot into the server clusters in brazil

ncie middle name friend

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

HUGE VAC wave ongoing, seems like some cheat provided hit on top of the update yesterday, vac-ban.com registered 3k bans alone and they usually only catch 1/7th of bans. 81k inventory ripped so far, real number probably around 7x higher.

Edit: apparently it's a tf2 wave

qhat fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Apr 30, 2016

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Yeah the most popular TF2 premium hack got detected after being undetected for like 3 years.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
How does something get popular but stay undetected?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

apostasy. posted:

don't know about your experience but i play at smfc/global rank and esea and have been having similar problems progressing until recently. what helped most was forcing myself to check and hold angles better - put the effort into getting your crosshair where it needs to be at any angle an enemy could be all the time in dm, aim maps and comp and your aim will improve drastically as your mouse will begin feel a lot less foreign to you. you probably think you do this well but in my case i tend to zone out, choke when people actually peek corners, half-heartedly check poo poo and get shot in the back etc

Just want to say thanks for this, it's exactly what I needed to do. I was starting to drift/go on autopilot basically. Took the time to chill out and really check corners/hold angles rather than barrel out and try to out-aim everyone and it's helped a lot!

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo
Hey, I'm an unranked schmuck. I've been playing the game for a couple years, on and off, but I only recently got into competitive. My aim is alright, I think, but where can I learn to be better with nades? Any good guides exist? I don't mean specific smokes or things like that, but in a more general sense when/where to use a molly or when to flash.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I really wish Valve would make wallbanging a thing again.

No, it's totally not because I just lost a game because I awped a guy in the neck through the corner of a box for 47, pssssh. :allears:

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

UWBW posted:

Hey, I'm an unranked schmuck. I've been playing the game for a couple years, on and off, but I only recently got into competitive. My aim is alright, I think, but where can I learn to be better with nades? Any good guides exist? I don't mean specific smokes or things like that, but in a more general sense when/where to use a molly or when to flash.

I had the same question a couple months ago, and I found that it's something you develop by trial and error and watching other good players play while focusing on how they use their nades.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

You can google the type of grenade you are curious about, the map you want to use them on and csgo to find dozens and dozens of tutorial videos by professional and highly skilled players giving detailed explanations of how to use the grenades and the effect you want to get from them. The vast majority of useful grenades are not complicated to do but you are likely not going to hit them without knowing what you are trying to do.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

UWBW posted:

The best way I've found is to choose two or three maps you like and focus on those first. Watch a few videos showing set nades and then go into game and practice them on your own. I don't play D2 anymore but I still see pros loving up the cross smoke for long and I found one on my own that's airtight.

This is also quite helpful.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

https://steamcommunity.com/id/dolnma/myworkshopfiles/?appid=730&p=1

I like those cause it's super easy to set up. I wanna say there were more for pretty much every map but I can't seem to find d2 and cache etc.

sleppy fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 30, 2016

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Thanks for those links. I'm always looking for goon approved training material on steam.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Tempostorm is absolutely destroying VP on map 5 at this cevo tournament thing

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
TS and SK in the grand final? Yeah that's exactly what I was expecting before the tournament. :staredog:

Edit: maybe VP can still make a comeback though!

Smol fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 30, 2016

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

so going to DHack next week and was wondering what was better these days CEVO or faceit? I can't ESEA due to a 3000+ day vac ban...

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

CEVO but i'm only guessing since you're NA and I hear faceit sucks in NA

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo
Can someone explain to me the benefit of Faceit and Esea and all these other "premium" matchmaking services? What's the point? How is it different from regular matchmaking, and why would I want to bother?

If I completely misunderstand what these services are, please feel free to let me know in the most scathing terms possible.

Lucky Samurai
Oct 4, 2011

Being jaded about something is so cool. You're just as useless as everybody else, but you get to be irritating and bitter about it.
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I want my sens to not be so small that can't do a 180 from the center of my mousepad, right? I got a bigger pad and I am trying to figure out how much to lower my sens, thanks.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

UWBW posted:

Can someone explain to me the benefit of Faceit and Esea and all these other "premium" matchmaking services? What's the point? How is it different from regular matchmaking, and why would I want to bother?

If I completely misunderstand what these services are, please feel free to let me know in the most scathing terms possible.

I think of it as this forum. Having a separate paywall raises the chances that the people you're playing with are a) Good, and b) Taking it seriously.

Some might say this forum has plenty of terrible poo poo posters, but go to any other free forum and there is usually an obvious difference in overall quality.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

MC2552John posted:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I want my sens to not be so small that can't do a 180 from the center of my mousepad, right? I got a bigger pad and I am trying to figure out how much to lower my sens, thanks.

5.3@1300 dpi

quote:

Some might say this forum has plenty of terrible poo poo posters, but go to any other free forum and there is usually an obvious difference in overall quality.

lmao

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

UWBW posted:

128 tick, i.e. far better servers, better players, less cheaters (especially ESEA), better stat-tracking, less griefing.

I wouldn't bother unless you are sick of MM. Let's say DMG/LE is probably around the mark that you might want something better.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

MC2552John posted:

Nearly the full width of my pad needs to be used to hit the 180, though I'm also using a standard steelseries pad which is something like 14" in width?

e: my sens off the top of my head is .9 at an 800 dpi

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Famethrowa posted:

5.3@1300 dpi

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

1.7@800 dpi

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

5.3@1300 dpi

please don't troll me

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
2.71 @ 1600

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
No wonder you people can't aim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

My sens is 1@the purple glowing light setting on the bottom of my fk2. is that 800 or 1200? iunno.