Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

D_Smart posted:

It's about compliance and submission. :D

Between this and your blue-balling ways I think gamedeveloper wasn't your true calling in life.

Catte: :fuzzknot: (give me a break, I'm in the metro)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

redditors think B) is unthinkable because then we'd be wrong on the Internet, the most unforgivable sin

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

KiddieGrinder posted:

Someone made a flowchart before. Went something like:

A) Star Citizen/SQ42 is never released/is a pile of poo poo, goons laugh

B) Star Citizen/SQ42 is released and is great, goons grief autists in game and laugh

It's a win/win for us, no matter what; the only losers are reddit whales.

everyone involved in SC in any capacity at this point is a loser though

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
That glassdoor review is amazing. I suspect Glass Door contacted CIG about the previous review being removed or something and there just wasn't anyone brave enough in the office to tell Sandi it was a bad idea.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Jason Sextro posted:

like Romero's going to abandon Stevie Case for Sandi Gardiner, you clearly know nothing about fraud trial development.
Stevie and Romero busted up in 2002 or 2003. I think she settled down and put that chapter behind her. (John on the other hand is still waiting for Star Citizen to implode so he can remove his head from the stocks and help Chris assume his place in the line of endless tomato fire...)

We are through the looking glass here people!

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Honest question, what if 8ace is being serious though? What would the implication for you,or others here be? What if SQ42 really is a masterpiece (highly doubtful, but stranger things have happened) as 8ace claims? Just wondering.

I know it's fun, and easy, to write off all pro comments as shills, but could there be truth to this?

Which makes more sense to you?

1) That despite all prior evidence, every testimonial, every scrap of information released that SQ42 has had a complete 180 in development in the past couple of weeks. Somehow having a complete paradigm shift in the entire project in a very short time making it the first project Chris Roberts would have successfully ever done. The guy with an extensive history of going over budget, over time and being unable to finish projects has completely turned this one around for the first time ever.

or

2) It's a joke.

I'm on the fence myself (I'm not.)

Here's a hint to sarcasm on the internet. When you read things like "This will not only change FPS but change gaming itself" and "There were tears in my eyes" that means those comments are probably sarcastic.

I speculate that at this point nothing anyone says actually matters, the project is over and we are waiting for mass realization of that fact. So people are having a laugh by over the top praise of what has been a universally panned clusterfuck. They probably just didn't expect anyone to believe it.

Fat Shat Sings fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Apr 30, 2016

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Justin Tyme posted:

everyone involved in SC in any capacity at this point is a loser though

That's my thoughts on it. No offense, but anyone still with money in this willfully (with small exception like Pgabz and a handful of others) is part of the problem.

That said, though I may not agree with a freakshow I do understand why someone would pay to stare at the freaks.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Which makes more sense to you?

1) That despite all prior evidence, every testimonial, every scrap of information released that SQ42 has had a complete 180 in development in the past couple of weeks. Somehow having a complete paradigm shift in the entire project in a very short time making it the first project Chris Roberts would have successfully ever done.

or

2) It's a joke.

I'm on the fence myself (I'm not.)

Oh, I've made it clear from day 1 I don't believe this failure of a development will ever amount to anything close to what was promised.

I also don't necessarily trust 8ace, or ANYONE, involved in the development of that game. I take everything they say with a grain of salt. Not anything personal towards them, but if you're actively involved in the fleecing of people, and knowingly at that, then sorry but no.

I was just posing a hypothetical. What if it all worked out in the end? Thats all. Doesn't mean I believe it will. But I do believe in looking at all possibilities and planning accordingly.

E: and after catching up on 8aces latest comments, yeah (as you pointed out) the sarcasm is thick.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
Also that Glassdoor review and STIMSIS were totally Sandi. It reads like a middle aged soccer mom trying to fit in with a bunch of teenagers.

Sandi. Call me.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Honest question, what if 8ace is being serious though? What would the implication for you,or others here be? What if SQ42 really is a masterpiece (highly doubtful, but stranger things have happened) as 8ace claims? Just wondering.

Easy.

We get a masterpiece game to play and everyone is happy, only we had more fun along the way since we sat on the sidelines yucking it up for lols rather than furiously masdebating and circlespeculating with delusional morons.

I don't see how you can possibly think 8ace is doing anything other than Just Poesting though...

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

:eyepop:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmyvYMk-Oqo

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Thoatse posted:

Easy.

We get a masterpiece game to play and everyone is happy, only we had more fun along the way since we sat on the sidelines yucking it up for lols rather than furiously masdebating and circlespeculating with delusional morons.

I don't see how you can possibly think 8ace is doing anything other than Just Poesting though...

Didn't say he was doing anything wrong, nor would I. Just said I don't trust em. They work for CIG at thee end of the day. Why would anyone trust anyone working there 100%?

I also enjoy 8ace post. So hope they keep on.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

oh Sandi :allears:

such a creative individual, she needs to add best selling author since she was a little girl to her resume.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

:thumbsup:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I am flabbergasted at that Glassdoor review. You can't fake something like that. I've been following this thread since last summer and my brains are still getting blown that that's the director of marketing and human resources roflmao for gently caress's sake.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

I was just posing a hypothetical. What if it all worked out in the end? Thats all. Doesn't mean I believe it will. But I do believe in looking at all possibilities and planning accordingly.

I agree with him, SQ42 is going to be awesome and like you, I too get really confused when people use this humour stuff I've read about but never actually experienced.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
For a thought experiment, let's believe that Sandi is the best salesperson in the world of all time and she's running a highly successful company blah blah, and the employees who got sacked deserved it because they were lazy slackers.

Let's enter the Sandi-verse for a second.

Now, even if all of that is true, why in God's name would you post that in the review section of your own company? It's just astoundingly unprofessional.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

AP posted:

I agree with him, SQ42 is going to be awesome and like you, I too get really confused when people use this humour stuff I've read about but never actually experienced.

Humor is so hard to come by on the internet isn't it.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Wikkheiser posted:

For a thought experiment, let's believe that Sandi is the best salesperson in the world of all time and she's running a highly successful company blah blah, and the employees who got sacked deserved it because they were lazy slackers.

Let's enter the Sandi-verse for a second.

Now, even if all of that is true, why in God's name would you post that in the review section of your own company? It's just astoundingly unprofessional.

I love how if nothing else, it confirms the other negative reviews were legitimate.

The_Groove
Mar 15, 2003

Supersonic compressible convection in the sun
she pretty much describes herself in the cons section

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Humor is so hard to come by on the internet isn't it.

No offense, but you may be part of the problem.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Meanwhile at CIG.

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/726175715633188865

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3J8FYKZ52w

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

I love how if nothing else, it confirms the other negative reviews were legitimate.

Bingo. It also a more subtle confirmation that they were implicit in trying to take the review down the first time. When it went back up, this was "Phase 2" of the totally clever and not-at-all obvious plan to steer the narrative.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

AP posted:

No offense, but you may be part of the problem.

Thank god its subjective then.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevie_Case

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Lol, the replies to that tweet

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

im the mad men reject who describes the receptionist as a "pretty new addition" in writing to the world at large

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Here's CR's response to the escapist side by side with some of the glassdoor review, for comparisons sake.

quote:

CR: This is the statement that really makes my blood boil. If any current employee feels this way they should not be working on Star Citizen or at CIG! I suspect these are the words of a few bitter ex-employees trying to stir trouble but I consider it a privilege and an honor to have so many people support myself and the team in making the game of all our dreams. I have nothing but gratitude to our backers for their support and patience and nothing but respect for the CIG team giving their all to make this game. Anyone who doesn’t feel this is welcome to the door, and as you must now realize there have been a few people who haven’t shared the same passion or love and now resent being called out for it.

quote:

A lot of the negative reviews below are from former employees that did not understand the bigger picture of our goal or were called out for bad performance and could not keep up with their work. Please do not waste our backers money, do yourself a favor and resign if you cannot pull your own weight. I've had to manage a few that came to work late constantly, played a bunch of online games when they should be working, and once they are called out all of a sudden CIG is a 'bad place to work in'.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Daztek posted:

Lol, the replies to that tweet

https://twitter.com/cdnr1/status/726178592313466880

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Here's CR's response to the escapist side by side with some of the glassdoor review, for comparisons sake.

Now that you post that, I wonder how much of Chris's Escapist rant was actually written by him. As opposed to a certain someone sitting on his shoulder making damned sure "make sure you mention this, and this, and this, and ... gently caress it, move over, I'll write it."

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Murderion posted:

im the mad men reject who describes the receptionist as a "pretty new addition" in writing to the world at large

im sipping from a snifter of canadian club

Go-Gurt For Dinner
Jul 8, 2013
The sign is a good idea imo.
It will remind those lazy slackers that they are not at home and that they need to leave their "online gaming" at the airlock door.
The fuckers.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

A Neurotic Jew posted:

quote:

A lot of the negative reviews below are from former employees that did not understand the bigger picture of our goal or were called out for bad performance and could not keep up with their work. Please do not waste our backers money, do yourself a favor and resign if you cannot pull your own weight. I've had to manage a few that came to work late constantly, played a bunch of online games when they should be working, and once they are called out all of a sudden CIG is a 'bad place to work in'.

certainly explains all the Restoration Hardware furniture in the place, the 27k + one off custom sliding door thing for the break room, the 20k + coffee machine, and all the first class tickets to F1 Monaco GP

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Apr 30, 2016

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/4h50lv/dereks_cleaning_up_shop/d2npt7b?context=3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Hahaha put your big boy pants back on.

• Locked thread