Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

How to accidentally flood the Casual LP thread with drugs in four easy videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunzelman
Dec 26, 2007

Lord Shaper
Hey there! CJacobs pinged me forever ago to tell me to post in this thread, and I'm finally doing that. I've done a few Let's Plays before like:

- Fugitive Hunter
- Grand Theft Auto III
- Until Dawn
- Heavy Rain

They were all generally well-received (especially the last two), but recently I've gotten into doing some very chill play sessions of builder games. My Rollercoaster Tycoon videos are sweet sessions where I play through each level doing some low-stress themeparkery. I've recently started working on a longform Cities Skylines let's play where I do a single city up to an arbitrary point.

I'm currently up to my second playthrough of Skylines, and I figured that I would start posting those here when those videos go up (every Tuesday).

CITIES SKYLINES: GOODTIMES STATION
Episode 1
Episode 2

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
What were perhaps the best puzzles in the game were definitely book ended by the worst. Man it sucks that you have to do this thing twice.
--

Episode 8 - Rollercoaster

---
Episode List: Playlist
Episode 1 - The Stranger
Episode 2 - Groundwork
Episode 2.5 - Channelwood Lore
Episode 3 - Ewok Village
Episode 3.5 - Stoneship Lore
Episode 4 - Rough Waters
Episode 5 - Lost at Sea
Episode 6 - Maestro
Episode 6.5 - Selenitic Lore
Episode 7 - Rocket Man

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

club explosion

club pop

club boom

crab avatar
Mar 15, 2006

iŧ Kë3Ł, cħ gøÐ i- <Ecl8
We did it! :toot: Been waiting so long to finish this game. And we have so much more classics to play through. :allears: If you have anything in mind you'd like to watch us play, let us know here or in YouTube comments and we'll put it on our Master Game List for consideration.

We're starting a new series (sekrit) this Saturday, so make sure you subscribe over on YouTube and watch out for new threads in this subforum. Thanks everyone for sticking around!

Part 27: FINALE

If you missed the rest of the series, you can catch up with a playlist right here! :sludgepal:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

oh, people have been recommending your Rollercoaster Tycoon series in the recommendation thread

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Right, so after a series of unfortunate accidents, I'm back with another attempt to get my audio balance and speaking habits to something resembling a watchable level, except this time I handicap myself further by playing a game a)blind b)that's supposed to be poo poo:
Let's Play Legendary 01 - Everybody Jump!

Any feedback, technical or otherwise, is very much appreciated, the idea is that I try to fix issues between videos. I can't seem to fix the table.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

anilEhilated posted:

Right, so after a series of unfortunate accidents, I'm back with another attempt to get my audio balance and speaking habits to something resembling a watchable level, except this time I handicap myself further by playing a game a)blind b)that's supposed to be poo poo:

Any feedback, technical or otherwise, is very much appreciated, the idea is that I try to fix issues between videos. I can't seem to fix the table.

I actually own that game on the PS3, but I only got to the golem showing up before I got distracted by something and sort of forgot about it.
I would like to say that you are right about golems working nothing like that one though. Proper golems are made of clay and animated by a passage of scripture (I can't remember which one) written on a scroll and placed in their head. Alternately, they have the word "emeth," which means truth, inscribed somewhere on their body, and are killed by defacing it so the it instead says "meth," which means death.

E: Fixed because I don't speak Hebrew and was bullshitting from vague memories.

LogicalFallacy fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 14, 2016

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

anilEhilated posted:

Wow, I never thought I'd actually see anyone playing Legendary.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

GamesAreSupernice posted:

Wow, I never thought I'd actually see anyone playing Legendary.
0,75 Euro in a Steam sale. Figured it could at least be entertainingly bad.

LogicalFallacy posted:

I would like to say that you are right about golems working nothing like that one though. Proper golems are made of clay and animated by a passage of scripture (I can't remember which one) written on a scroll and placed in their head. Alternately, they have the word "emeth," which means life, inscribed somewhere on their body, and are killed by defacing it so the it instead says "meth," which means death.
Hence buildingtron. Although I rather suspect this and the teutonic lizards are just the beginning of widespread mythology violation.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Just an aside, but emeth means truth, not life.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

anilEhilated posted:

0,75 Euro in a Steam sale. Figured it could at least be entertainingly bad.

Godspeed.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Just an aside, but emeth means truth, not life.

Thank you good sir, post is now fixed.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
That sounds... ominous.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

anilEhilated posted:

I'll just say, as someone who almost never watches solo FPS LPs, I enjoyed this quite a bit. I'll admit I had it in the background a lot of the time (that's already more than what I usually do with an FPS LP), but I tabbed in for some parts and am glad I was able to catch that train at the end.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Kunzelman
Dec 26, 2007

Lord Shaper

Nihilarian posted:

oh, people have been recommending your Rollercoaster Tycoon series in the recommendation thread

Oh that's great! I hope that people are enjoying them! I'm always looking for feedback.

Speaking of videos, there's a new Cities Skylines video up.

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

The end of our special adventures in Miami.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Let's Play Legendary 02: The World's Flattest Werewolf

In which we encounter a new weapon, new enemy, I forget there's a waypoint button and that "envelope" is a word. If you think this video is bad, just wait for the next one.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I can tell the waiting is insufferable so here's the next one.
Let's Play Legendary 03: Strategic Invinciblity

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I've got 2 bonus videos today! Lore for the next area, and the hellish second rollercoaster trip that I wouldn't subject anyone to in the form of a real update.

We're almost done, everyone! :D
--

Episode 9 - Get in Gear
Episode 9.5 - My Personal Hell
Episode 9.75 - Mechanical Lore

---
Episode 1 - The Stranger
Episode 2 - Groundwork
Episode 3 - Ewok Village
Episode 4 - Rough Waters
Episode 5 - Lost at Sea
Episode 6 - Maestro
Episode 7 - Rocket Man
Episode 9 - Get in Gear

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeoLr-hv8wc

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
It's certainly a work of art.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I can't believe it took Bubsy to make me realize games are art

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

Jar Jar Binks improved my story.

Stuff on a space ship.

This level is filler. You can cut it out and still be left with nothing missing from the game. I don't care about spoilers any more.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Trizophenie posted:

Stuff on a space ship.

This level is filler. You can cut it out and still be left with nothing missing from the game. I don't care about spoilers any more.

S'getting to you a little?

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

Jar Jar Binks improved my story.

GamesAreSupernice posted:

S'getting to you a little?

The game is fine, but the levels on the Salvation are just, for the most part, plain boring. Endlessly samey corridors with the same enemies over and over. Even compared to the other consoles, the part in the video feels just like padding. There's no story stuff happening, you don't get new powers, nothing. At least the next level gives you a new thing to play with.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Let's Play Legendary 04: Hedgehog Generator
Sorry about the steadily dropping quality of commentary, turns out this is the first time I'm doing a bad game.

Kunzelman
Dec 26, 2007

Lord Shaper
I think I missed a video but the newest Cities Skylines video is up!

I think for the next set of videos after this one I will buy an expansion pack.

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

So, that bomb in Bubsy is wearing a mortarboard. Making it a smart bomb.

In conclusion, gently caress Bubsy.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Trizophenie posted:

Stuff on a space ship.

Half-way through this video I got up from my Emperor Palpatine chair to look up entries in my Star Wars encyclopedia.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

I'm playing through this fun pretentious game. Come for the unique gameplay and sensual narrator, stay to watch me brutally get screwed over by RNG!

Part One - Jack of Dust

A bit of background for those who've never seen this, it's a hack'n slash fighting game where you walk around on fancy cards that determine what events take place. The catch is that YOU get to pick the cards to build the dungeon such as the trials you face and the loot you can get. The dealer is stacking his deck with all kinds of nasties to get you though, so it's not as easy as it sounds.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I'm out of town and didn't have a chance to get this up until just now. Sorry about that. After this episode we're just wrapping things up. I think there are only like 2 or 3 after this?
--

Episode 10 - Goose Chase

---
Episode 1 - The Stranger
Episode 2 - Groundwork
Episode 3 - Ewok Village
Episode 4 - Rough Waters
Episode 5 - Lost at Sea
Episode 6 - Maestro
Episode 7 - Rocket Man
Episode 9 - Get in Gear
Episode 10 - Goose Chase

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
I found the female Bubsy they were talking about in CJacobs stream. It's so much worse than I thought. http://sulkysadbobcat.tumblr.com/

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Mycroft Holmes posted:

I found the female Bubsy they were talking about in CJacobs stream. It's so much worse than I thought. http://sulkysadbobcat.tumblr.com/

I dunno, the fact that they're playing it as a trans original-Bubsy instead of a "look here's an alternate sexy female version of a character" makes all the trying-too-hard elements a lot funnier.

(EDIT: to be clear, I'm not making a joke about trans people, I'm making a joke about how Bubsy is always trying way too hard in everything he/she does and that just makes the whole thing even more cringeworthy)

TooMuchAbstraction fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 29, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mycroft Holmes posted:

You did, but personally I like the one that smokes weed with Dracula better.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

CJacobs posted:

You did, but personally I like the one that smokes weed with Dracula better.

That's based on the same character. They mention it on the tumblr.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I wouldn't have it any other way.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

I accidentally deleted this post when trying to copy it and forgot what I put here. Probably was something lame about skeletons.

Part Two - Jack of Bones

Playlist

Part One - Jack of Dust
Part Two - Jack of Bones

Zenithe fucked around with this message at 13:40 on May 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Interesting game, looks like there's quite a bit of strategy hidden in building your deck, but you also need some luck. I wonder if it's possible for one of the decks to run out, and what happens then.