Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
So what is Lucas Hood's real name anyway?
Ace O'Riordan
Dennis Mitchell
Guggenheim McFrankenbutt
Hood Lucas
Norman Krasner
This poll is stupid and undermines the thematic point being made by keeping Lucas Hood's real name a secret.
gaaaaaaaaary
View Results

• Locked thread
VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I had no idea people hated Eliza Dushku so much...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

VagueRant posted:

She's played exactly the same character in every role she's ever done.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
the only other thing I've seen her in was in Bring it On and it was a good movie and good performance

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

VagueRant posted:

I love Elisha Dushku more than many of my own family members, but that doesn't make her a good actor

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Pron on VHS posted:

the only other thing I've seen her in was in Bring it On and it was a good movie and good performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUHXfqRHVAM

I'm pretty sure she could just use this as her audition tape for roles

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How the gently caress did DJ Qualls ever have a career outside of "crackhead #3"?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I'd like to think the folks making Banshee are doing us all a solid with their careful crafting of a poo poo final season, so that we may accept the loss of this series and move on without forever wishing for more.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Rhyno posted:

How the gently caress did DJ Qualls ever have a career outside of "crackhead #3"?

surprise twist dj qualls is the leader of the satanists

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Daktari posted:

This serial murder arc is really hamfistedly done. Satanists? Please fix this Banshee creators

More Proctor, Job and Bunker please, less stupid satanist stuff.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I'd be fine with the satanists if they were having badass fist fights with people instead of more random sadism against women...

Anyway, new podcast up:
http://www.spreaker.com/user/highandmighty/episode-42-banshee-special-s4e4-w-o-c-ma
Guest is O.C. Madsen who directed some of your favourite eps (Think cage fighter and albino). No big news from this one, some curious little nuggets about the behind-the-scenes. And a repeat of the sad fact this is intentionally a slower season with briefer action scenes...

Also some possible spoilers/speculation:
- He basically let it slip that Hood and Dushku are totally going to bang.
- He didn't react much to the Deva-is-the-killer theory, but he didn't deny it or laugh it off either...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

VagueRant posted:

Also some possible spoilers/speculation:
- He basically let it slip that Hood and Dushku are totally going to bang.

Pretty sure everyone could have figured that one out

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yea Hood's banged about every attractive woman on the show other than the two introduced this season, I think it was even in the trailer.

I'm still holding out for this season wrapping everything up in a satisfying manner, and there's definitely some stuff from the trailer we haven't seen that looks pretty badass. I'm strongly hoping Rebecca was killed by (Burton/Deva) using the satanist MO as a cover after they somehow found out she was pregnant; both would have legit reasons to want to off her after finding that out.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Reservation deputy somehow escaped without meeting his Hood ornament, but she may be the only one

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

VagueRant posted:

[list]Thoughts:
[*]Episode title was maybe the best thing about it.
[*]First thoughts on the intro scene: Banshee is now Hannibal. But oh great, more horror movie violence against women. This is totally what we wanted out of our silly fun '80s movie action show. :smith:
[*]"I knew that was a lie too!" Oh, Brock. Poor sweet innocent Brock.
[*]Job's "Don't leave me alone" moment was tough to watch, genuinely emotional. I'm also sad that he's still out of his fabulous outfits.
[*]I was hoping Job would run in and save her.
Just words, but at least we can all agree that Banshee.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Soothing Vapors posted:

Reservation deputy somehow escaped without meeting his Hood ornament, but she may be the only one

Holy loving :lol:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Rhyno posted:

Holy loving :lol:

Better Hood's ornament than Burton's :unsmigghh:

:rip: Nola

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Soothing Vapors posted:

escaped without meeting his Hood ornament

Nice

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Neo Nazi leader got the swagger. Calvin is such a little bitch it's amazing.

Job flashbacks :(

FBI agent crackhead is competent enough to find a lead(unlike Brock lol).

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Wow, I was expecting that the nazi stabbing at the end was a day dream of nazi son, but it looks like it was real. Wasn't expecting that :stare:

This whole satanist stuff is lame. Kai is brutal. FBI lady is annoying.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Plot threads are starting to converge together nicely.

Job is back!

Holy poo poo, Banshee has a LOT of Neo Nazis.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Plot threads are starting to converge together nicely.

Job is back!

Holy poo poo, Banshee America has a LOT of Neo Nazis.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Thoughts:

Job! Good to see Hoon Lee back with the shaved head, for as much as I liked his scraggly look. I also loved the scene where Carrie gives him his chore list :3: The scene between Job & Hood was fantastic also, for some reason I got a lot of dust in my eyes for those few minutes.

Still annoyed with the serial killer arc, but with 3 episodes left and the pace picking up, it's gotta come together with everything in the end..I hope. Horned man's flower shop scene was at least interesting, I'm assuming he tasked the girl with killing Brock somehow or confessing to being the killer?

Loved the fakeout with the Amish carriage, and drat Proctor was brutal this episode. Burning Hood's house was unexpected (as well as finding out he knew Hood was living there, plus it gave us the Siobhan trailer scene) but burning down the Amish farms was way farther than I expected him to go.

Calvin killing Watts this soon was very unexpected, but I'm glad it happened. It was the perfect way for Calvin to get rid of him (literal backstabbing, and he looked so happy while nakedly taking apart the body) and it sets up the Calvin/Bunker showdown that I've been waiting for since the end of last season. Speaking of Bunker, the lecture Brock gave him was hilarious. It was such a father/son scene, except instead of sneaking out at night to go party, Bunker was setting up to murder the head of the local neo nazi clan.

Overall I'm coming around to this season; still much slower than I was hoping for, but I think once it's all done it'll be a great epilogue to the 1st three seasons of insanity. Providing the serial killer arc ends up making sense I think I'll be really happy when it's all said and done.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Apr 30, 2016

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I like the inclusion of the satanist cult for the simple reason that the more members it has, the more people I can see get killed with a chain... or a meat-hook on a chain, I'm not picky. The higher number of mooks also increases the likelyhood of me seeing Sugar kill a dude with his bare hands.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

jfood posted:

I like the inclusion of the satanist cult for the simple reason that the more members it has, the more people I can see get killed with a chain... or a meat-hook on a chain, I'm not picky. The higher number of mooks also increases the likelyhood of me seeing Sugar kill a dude with his bare hands.

Eh, if I remember correctly, the first number that the combination lock stops on in the opening credits is the number of deaths for that season. It's in the low twenties this season, which seems pretty low.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

...! posted:

Eh, if I remember correctly, the first number that the combination lock stops on in the opening credits is the number of deaths for that season. It's in the low twenties this season, which seems pretty low.
Holy poo poo, I never knew that was a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkGbVdwEk48

Sounds like season 2 didn't do it though? And I have no idea on season 3.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Yeah, this show's opening credits really are brilliant. Every little thing has a meaning, right down to the drat spinning lock. One thing I love about the season one and two blu-rays is a feature that explains each episode's changes to the credits (I think it's only on blu-ray, not DVD).

The season three blu-rays do not have this feature. t:mad:

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Holy hell this season is lovely

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Gotta say it's amazing small Banshee not only has a thriving amish population, a sizeable neo nazi community but a pretty decent bdsm enclave as well.

Season is rough but I'm still enjoying it.

Side Note: I would be okay if pretty much everyone dies save Bunker, his girl, her son and Brock.

Tokubetsu fucked around with this message at 05:42 on May 1, 2016

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Godinster posted:

Holy hell this season is lovely

e so this isn't just an emptyquote: it's still okay I guess but... I can't believe Daredevil S2, a season I actually kinda disliked, might be the best action TV we get this year :smith:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
its just so lame that Neo Nazis and Satanists are 80% of the plot in the final season. And they decided not to flesh out any more of Hood's military back story, which is fine I guess, but this show kinda feels like a R-rated Sons of Anarchy lately

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Spoiler important stuff please.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I think I'm the only person who doesn't like the neo-nazi plotline. Partly because I feel like Bunker and his stuff took away Siobhan.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gaunab posted:

I think I'm the only person who doesn't like the neo-nazi plotline. Partly because I feel like Bunker and his stuff took away Siobhan.

I like the Nazi plot (Bunker is one of the best side characters), but the satanist stuff is really stupid, and having two big subplots in a short final season means they're not gonna get a lot of time to actually resolve things. I get the impression this show is gonna piss me off the way Lost did.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I love how they make sure to keep Bunker's neo-nazi aesthetic with the undercut and the buttoned-to-the-neck shirt even though he is a cop now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

withak posted:

I love how they make sure to keep Bunker's neo-nazi aesthetic with the undercut and the buttoned-to-the-neck shirt even though he is a cop now.

Don't all the cops button their shirts to the top?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I like this season plenty. The actual amount of time spent with the Satanists is extremely nominal and seems to be only enough to establish that they're going to make the chaos at the end even more chaotic? :shrug: Loads of whining in this thread.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Don't all the cops button their shirts to the top?

Nope, just him (ostensibly to hide his neck tattoos).

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Just started watching this at the weekend and I am at the start of the second season. It's enjoyable enough, if a bit predictable and trashy.

The only thing that really bugs me is the fact that everyone seems to have Wolverines healing factor and goes from beat-to-poo poo to not-a-scratch-on-'em, literally between scenes.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
If i see a shirt top buttoned and no tie, i automatically think Neo Nazi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Latest podcast ep features Chris Coy (Calvin Bunker):
http://headgum.com/episode/episode-44-banshee-special-s4e5-w-chris-coy/

Nothing huge in this one, but Chris Coy was actually a really enthusiastic and entertaining guest. He was apparently a big fan of the show before he was on it, and originally auditioned for the part of Leo the hacker guy.

Couple of points:
  • Apparently Jonathan Tropper has pretty much said at wrap parties that if he doesn't like working with an actor he can fire them via killing them off. Which is weirdly true!
  • There's a S1 sex scene where Hood says to a woman (can't remember if it was Rebecca or the bar lady or...) "And you are?" and then it just cuts to them loving. Apparently she originally replied "Already wet." but they went with the more immediate smashcut to intercourse instead. Classic Banshee!
  • They pointed out the jailed white supremacist father-in-law was Godfather in Generation Kill - it had been bugging me the entire time, what I knew him from!

• Locked thread