Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
This show is so dumb, so ridiculous, and so hilarious. The puking cop was probably my favorite thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The ads for tomorrow night's episode are definitely for the first episode of season 1.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
This reminds me of Cloth in the best ways.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
The show is amazing, it's such a love letter to Police Squad and Naked Gun, and I'm sad that Leslie Nielsen isn't alive to see it.

The dog kills me every time.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Ah, I knew dramas were like that, but I didn't know they were doing that with comedies too.

This is a good show and scratches that Police Squad! itch really well.

A lot of cable comedies are going with the BBC model. If you've got 10 or so writers in the room, somebody can usually think of a decent joke to replace a weak joke. If you have two or three writers working on a show, well, they can only think up so many decent jokes.

For example, South Park is one of Comedy Central's biggest shows, has a half dozen writers, (or at least they did back when "Six Days to Air" was filmed) and they still only do 10 episode seasons.

As for Angie Tribeca, I don't think Jones quite has the Leslie Nielsen vibe quite down. Nothing against her personally, it's just that half the fun of something like Airplane! or Police Squad! is watching serious actors saying silly things in a serious tone of voice. It's just not quite the same having comedic actors saying silly things while acting serious, but that's a minor complaint.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

So what happened to that second season that this was supposed to be marketing for? :confused:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ha literally just Googled this to find the exact same thing. All I can guess is miscommunication?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
bottom of page 2 of this thread

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My TV guide is reporting Jun 6th for season 2. Take it with a pinch of salt.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Can't really say that the salt made that TV guide any tastier.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

EL BROMANCE posted:

My TV guide is reporting Jun 6th for season 2. Take it with a pinch of salt.

Deon Cole just confirmed it.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Two episodes to start season 2!
Fleas Don't Kill Me
Lieutenant Atkins doesn't believe that Tribeca is ready to take on the case of a man found dead in a dog park.
Miso Dead
The skull of a missing sushi chef is found in the ocean.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Drop this line of questioning. DROP it!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Busy Philips!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Okay. I realize that this is a stupid and terrible thing to get hung up on, but was that just stupid random nonsense, or is kangaroo meat actually illegal in the US? That stuff is delicious and healthy. And it's not like kangaroos are endangered.

I actually want to go eat some of that stuff now.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

This show is still great.

"Strangest thing, he used to have a woman he was married to. But then, they decided not to be married anymore. I don't wanna say "divorced," but..."

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife

Air is lava! posted:

Okay. I realize that this is a stupid and terrible thing to get hung up on, but was that just stupid random nonsense, or is kangaroo meat actually illegal in the US? That stuff is delicious and healthy. And it's not like kangaroos are endangered.

I've had it before in Florida. When in doubt, go to Florida.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of goofy how Jon Hamm is willing to just kind of show up for whatever.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
I did not kill him! I swear to God!

God may believe you, but a jury won't. Take her away...That may be the coolest thing I've ever said.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I want to post my favourite line but then there's another one and I get overwhelmed

spckr
Aug 3, 2014

here we go
This is all a dogs dream

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Air is lava! posted:

30 seconds of googling, and apparently kangaroo meat is legal in the US, except for California.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

thrakkorzog posted:

30 seconds of googling, and apparently kangaroo meat is legal in the US, except for California.

Haha, what possible circumstance necessitated that law?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Well kangaroos are an endangered species in California :colbert:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

So are polar bears.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

muscles like this? posted:

Kind of goofy how Jon Hamm is willing to just kind of show up for whatever.

And Kevin Pollack tonight

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

This show is great. It's like Naked Gun on Speed.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I still don't really know if I actually like this show. I guess I had some kind of fun so far, but it's not remarkable at all. It's like the jokes basically all fall flat, but there are so many of them that it sort of evens out.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
You know it as Harvard but most people call it The University of Ohio (Miami) in Massachusetts.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
this show is fantastic

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Tribeca, get out of there! There's a red dot coming!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I swear every single gag with Hoffman makes me laugh way too much.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While the actual episode of the finale was a lot of fun, it was kind of weird how they just wrapped everything up like that. The whole thing felt like it ended a scene too early.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Wait, so who ended up having sex?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

It's such a small thing but I love how dr scholl's necklace is just the word "necklace" in cursive

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Wait, so who ended up having sex?

Geils and the lieutenant, unless there are more masks to remove

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I can't believe that they actually didn't use the fake-major gag a third time when the balloons dropped. It would have been perfect.

Really great season finale. Tied with the Baywatch episode for me.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

This show is really good and i don't understand why more people aren't talking about it.

Has this style of comedy fallen out of favor or something?

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I hope not, I love it. I wonder how many people aren't giving it a chance because this style of humor has been tainted by the millions of terrible terrible "spoof" movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006
bumping this because i can't believe people aren't watching this. Season was hit or miss. Season two completely doubled down.

• Locked thread