Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ideate
Aug 20, 2002

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Jokes getting harder to come by? Just going to name calling now? What's next loving observational humor?

Hi sandi

edit:

Here's my loving cat picture and if any of you people think you're contributing to this thread like I am when you post some random cat picture or something that is not a cat

Here's a news break dumb fucks - You're part of the problem!

But you put yourself in the great position where you can't lose.

You wonder why your stupid poo poo isn't in the catte media? Simple because most of you come off as the same vile stupid poo poo you claim to hate. No one gives a gently caress about the 500th lol its a dolphin not a cat joke. You dumb loving idiots. No one gives a gently caress about airplanes that have 'cat' in the name. Period. Its not a smoking gun. And the fact that of all places SA is crying about it only makes it that much more pathetic.

This isn't about catte pics for me, and never was. This was about the effect this has on all of catte pics. But you've lost site of that. Your content as long as you get a catte pics post or Lols and that's loving pathetic. And people see right through your stupid poo poo.

Oh, and keep pretending this hasn't become an echo chamber. Hate to break it to you, but you're the only ones that think it's not. Some of you were even to stupid to realize Lowtax was trolling you as he was NEVER going to post catte pics. But nope heads so far up your goddamn asses sniffing your own farts you couldn't even see it.

I'll end with this, I know my cattes are better than yours. Period. YOU DUMB loving IDIOTS THAT COULDN'T BE BOTHERED TO GOOGLE FOR 5 loving MINUTES AS THAT'S ALL IT TOOK TO FIND OUT! 5 loving MINUTES! BUT NOPE, gently caress YOU AS YOU'RE THE loving PROBLEM!

ideate fucked around with this message at 14:01 on May 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

KM Scorchio posted:

Some people take the Internet far too seriously.

I'm serious about the lack of cats in this thread.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Hello fellow freinds

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

Hello fellow freinds

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
What is a better choice fruit for breakfast, grapefruit or mandarin oranges, the real kind, not the syrup can kind.

I should go to the store but I got a flu or some poo poo and i'm dizzy.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Happy Sisyphus posted:

anyone else thinking about having a meltdown itt?

I was thinking about melting all my just posts down to one massive melt down post, would that work

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
How long did that guy spend typing all that meltdown :psyduck:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Before i exit stage right, I'll repost this. Its more fitting for you anyways.

Oh, and remember when someone comes and reads this thread what they'll see is your moronic rear end preaching about not responding, etc and then continuing to do just the opposite for page after page. Just like me. Yeah, we both come out looking great.

With that in mind, I'm out and here's my full thoughts one more time for ya:

Want a meltdown? Keep reading from your mothers basements while you beat your tiny dick secretly thinking of Sandi you hypocritical pieces of human garbage.

So how much did you have in SC? I wonder as you're clearly a follower willing to jump on the dog pile here. And if you don't, well at least you can say you made at least one smart choice in life.

Say what you want. But at least I was never so loving stupid as to give CR money like some of the big brains here.

Or even better the loving disgusting assholes straddling the fence believing they'll win whether its released or not.

Here's a news break dumb fucks - You're part of the problem!

But you put yourself in the great position where you can't lose.

Here's the thing though, after I've been accused of shilling my blog, my radio show, etc etc I'm done.

I only ever posted one blog.

I don't have a radio show (that was BlueStrealkBTS you confused idiots).

And my name? Hey, you can find out who I am dumb rear end. That's the point. I don't hide behind anonymity being a loving puppet for DS. I wanted you and everyone to know who I was. Much like DS (whom in respect for this) I'm content to tell you to gently caress off with my real name. The B stands for Branson, my real name. Don't like it? Fine. I find people hiding being handles to be pussies most of the time. Do you have the balls to say the poo poo you spew online under your real name? If not, then get off my loving dick. Not all of us are loving scared bitch.

But hey, lie about all I've done. Forget the take down my wife wrote of CRs letter or the other poo poo we've done. Forget all the poo poo you've quoted of ours without realizing. Forget all the poo poo we've provided to DS.

All that poo poo about Kevin Dent, Wolf Knights relationship, helping Liz keep her loving job. THAT WAS US IDIOTS! But hey, we don't shill that, so gently caress us right.

But i get it, its easy to lie about what I've done. It helps you get your Lols. But anyone reading this think about this one thing, if these cocksuckers can lie about a no one like me then what else can they lie about?

It doesn't matter though. You hate my "shilling" yet suck the dick of the man LITERALLY SHILLING HIS loving BLOG! Hypocritical pussies, every loving one of you.

You wonder why your stupid poo poo isn't in the gaming media? Simple because most of you come off as the same vile stupid poo poo you claim to hate. No one gives a gently caress about the 500th Ben is fat joke. You dumb loving idiots. No one gives a gently caress about Ben Ghazi. Period. Its not a smoking gun. And the fact that of all places SA is crying about it only makes it that much more pathetic.

This isn't about a game for me, and never was. This was about the effect this has on all of gaming. But you've lost site of that. Your content as long as you get a game or Lols and that's loving pathetic. And people see right through your stupid poo poo.

Want to prove it? Check if SC is still going? Yeah, it is. You haven't won. So quit patting yourselves on the loving back.

Oh, and keep pretending this hasn't become an echo chamber. Hate to break it to you, but you're the only ones that think it's not. Some of you were even to stupid to realize Lowtax was trolling you as he was NEVER going to put money into the SC poo poo show. But nope heads so far up your goddamn asses sniffing your own farts you couldn't even see it.

Can't make it more clear how much of loving morons I find most of you. If I could blow out the part of my brain that even thinks about you dumb shits I would as that would be more preferable then ever having read your inane stupid bullshit to begin with.

And if you want to know why people think you worship Derek just look at how he is now the mod and you have users like TijuanaPedophile telling people to gently caress off for daring to air there dissent. Or the fact that so many of you seem to live and breath off of what he says, parroting whatever he says. Yeah, real hard one to figure out you group of goddamn low grade trolls.

You get a rise out of me. Yeah, sure. I even enjoy this poo poo to a degree. If i didn't I wouldn't bother with this. I find it enjoyable to a degree. Especially as it mostly just reinforces the low loving view I have of most of you. But you don't care right? You just keep responding to because your over it, or above it, or whatever stupid bullshit you pile on.

The majority of you are loving pathetic and under some goddamn delusion that when this is all said and done you'll be remembered or some poo poo. Well newsflash gently caress faces, this will be moved to the gas chamber like many a thread before it and no one will remember you. Derek? Yeah, sure. The rest of you?

Hahahaha.

No.

You're about as important as I am, NOT AT loving ALL! And no one will remember you or your pathetic excuses at trolling. You wont go down as winning some war. You'll just be another loving burp on the internet that no one gives two shits about. Keep thinking otherwise. It'll be funny when reality crashes down on your pathetic SC obsessed lives.

If you don't like me, good. I don't like you. Now were on the same page. Don't like my writing? Well gently caress you. I don't like your excuse for grammar either.

At least Im not some scared internet pussy thinking I'm vastly more important then I am. I'd rather be that then ever be like the majority of you pathetic fence straddling hypocrites.

And to those wondering why I care so much well that's simple because SC COULD loving RUIN GAMING. If it fails there goes crowd funding. Period. This has been discussed many times before.

It also shows the publishers and big companies that its very easy, easier then anyone thought, to get a bunch of dumb loving rubes to hand over a bunch of money for nothing more then the hope of a dream and nothing loving more. And if you don't think big companies haven't noticed and won't try to replicate this poo poo then your stupider then I ever loving thought. And that's goddamn impressive.

I care, a lot, about consumer rights and advocacy. This is, and has always been, a consumer rights issue for me. Yeah, its a loving game. But with 113m on the line its much bigger then that and though I think a lot of you are dumber then dried poo poo I at least think you know this is a bigger issue then just another game. If you didn't realize that then you wouldn't hang on what DS says, as you clearly do.

I've also from the start been very concerned about the amount of dumb fucks willing to give them money. I never would have guessed it'd get this far, but here we are. With some of you loving retards willfully being part of the goddamn problem all while bitching about it without a hint of irony.

Which in turn makes me weep for the loving state of things, as how can we ever have anything nice with dumb shits crying about bullshit they are actively supporting.

And yes, if you work there, take money from CIG, put money into the game, talk positively about it singing it's praises, or any of that type of poo poo, all while posting here, THEN YOURE PART OF THE loving PROBLEM AND I WILL NOT, AND CANNOT, RESPECT THAT. GET OFF THE loving FENCE AND PICK A GODDAMN SIDE. if you can't, THEM SHUT THE gently caress UP YOUR MAKING IT WORSE YOU IGNORANT gently caress!

And if and when this poo poo show comes out, and you rush off to play it, just remember how much of a part of the problem you really were. You fence straddling waste of human skin.

I'll end with this, I know I'm better then you. Period. I NEVER put a dime into this goddamn poo poo show of a game. MOST OF YOU DID YOU DUMB loving IDIOTS THAT COULDN'T BE BOTHERED TO GOOGLE FOR 5 loving MINUTES AS THAT'S ALL IT TOOK TO FIND OUT CR WAS A HACK! 5 loving MINUTES! BUT NOPE, JUST THROW MONEY AT IT THAT'S A GOOD IDEA. gently caress YOU AS YOU'RE THE loving PROBLEM!

There's you're loving meltdown. Enjoy and just to put a bow on it - SUCK MY loving oval office YOU PATHETIC GROUP OF loving SHEEP!

Probate this you unfunny assclowns.

PS - thanks for the thousands of unique hits from SA by the way. And your welcome for all the coments from our page you posted. You might hate us, but hey that .05 helped keep the page up assholes.

Goodnight and see you in the Verse Commandos. I leave you to stroke your over inflated epeens in peace.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I've set up a website selling high fidelity JPEGs of B-from-inforedux's meltdown.
£200 each
Come get them quick - some are limited edition and won't last long

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

There's a lesson here about the ignore button

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

I love stories with morals

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
emotions are running high

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Mr.Tophat posted:

I was thinking about melting all my just posts down to one massive melt down post, would that work

http://www.pcgamer.com/derek-smart-star-citizen/

Just pick a comment from here, i'll start.

Personally I think this is a bit of an ego grudge match for Smart. He's well known for having a big one, as proved in writing through the direct quote that says; "...I'm the only person on the planet capable of completely destroying their dev nonsense with regard to the game,..."

Really Smart? ... You are the SOLE person in the entirety of the world that has any experience in game development, costs, and what it is to be a success. ... Uh huh. i think it more likely he wants this project to fail, and is trying to raise a damaging stink to do so, because it is succeeding on a scale far higher than his own attempts have.

Admittedly, Battlecruiser wasn't what it should have been, because it was forced out early by publishers. But you would think that would put him on board with bypassing them as Chris Robertts has. But then it is tempered by his own inability to succeed with the successor he was developing in a studio of one (himself), that was promising features remarkably similar to Star Citizen, Albeit on a scale and in a method limited by the available technology almost ten years ago. it was an ambition set up by Smart years before the infrastructure and technology was there to support it, and so it fell into obscurity at best.

In short, By his history Mr. Smart has demonstrated an Ego worthy of its own zip code, which has left him shooting himself in the foot on more than one occasion, and this looks for all intents and purposes like another example. How dare another person succeed where he himself failed? if he couldn't do it himself, then it -must- be physically impossible and unrealistic. there is no way anyone is better than him. ever. :/

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
One counter to this is the repeated and ongoing updates on the project status and movement. There is visual, written, and playable proof of ongoing motion in the game development including but not limited to;

Hangar module completed (functions as initial testbed). Arena commander active (physics, gameplay, flight, model, and compatibility testbed). Multiple ships completed, flyable, and being played. Multiple ships in last states for initial testbed. Multiple ships at varying stages of the pipeline with visual examples of their progress through video and developer testimony. First person activity testbed in progress and nearing completion, including custom mechanics for world interaction, character mechanics, physics, etc. Squadron 42 storyline mode in the equivalent of post processing, with mocap/perfcap completed as of next week, and level design and mapping in final stages, scripting completed (all for episode 1), and awaiting the completed development of star marine to test the above mentioned features required for a functioning full game.

Inclusive to thousands of articles including updates, changes, reworks, community interaction, progress reports, and general direct communications from chris roberts himself. Hell you can't throw a rock across your own living room without coming across something they are working on, redesigning/updating, puzzling through, or finishing off.

To summ up, these fears people have of the project stalling, stopping, or collapsing are demonstrably unfounded through an orgy of evidence over multiple sources.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
This all could have been avoided if you'd just put the entire thread on ignore, shame on you redux. :cripes: You're making baby jesus cry.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Did anyone watch reverse the verse, did they say anything about May's concept sale?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe on a fan-run forum, but official forums tend to have a bit more strict stance on what's considered too rude or inappropriate. Personal attacks, especially those launched against company representatives, are typically not tolerated.

I'm not sure what you expected to get in response to your post, but the attitude and rudeness do nothing but ensure that it will not be the answers you were after. Even if it were not deemed an offense of forum rules, it doesn't deserve a response. Insulting someone and making baseless accusations are not part of a civil discussion.

Your post was an attack on the character of another person, based on your own overreaction to a joke. You saw something which you mistakenly perceived as an insult to backers, then acted on that with little consideration or understanding of the situation. You say that you weren't aware that his tweet was a week old at the time, which is info displayed quite prominently on tweets. And date aside, the content of the tweet was pretty obviously in jest.

I believe "think before you speak", or post in this case, is appropriate advice. Emotionally charged outbursts usually don't get positive responses.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Bundle of Keys posted:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
I'd like to invite anyone who's read the last 20 or so pages of this thread to consider how weak and broken someone who is right about CIG can be. Then apply that knowledge, and speculate on how mentally damaged many of the high-dollar backers must be, and then attempt to deny that when the axe finally falls, there will be very, very dark times. Never mind suicides - when Star Citizen ceases to be, there will be far worse than that. Stuff even we will have a hard time joking about.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Skellybones posted:

I read mostly everything up till now and I still don't actually know what he was mad about

I think maybe that people weren't taking the debacle of star citizen seriously enough and had the temerity to crack jokes while he was trying to have serious conversations about it. Also he appears to have formed some convoluted conspiracy theory about posters in the thead secretly supporting CIG? Or something. That part was hard to understand.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Bundle of Keys posted:

I tried to put an ascii catte in the star wars thing but it didn't work :smith:

Here is a replacement catte:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Never not post. This is Star Citizen motherfuckers. We are living the dream.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Scruffpuff posted:

I'd like to invite anyone who's read the last 20 or so pages of this thread to consider how weak and broken someone who is right about CIG can be. Then apply that knowledge, and speculate on how mentally damaged many of the high-dollar backers must be, and then attempt to deny that when the axe finally falls, there will be very, very dark times. Never mind suicides - when Star Citizen ceases to be, there will be far worse than that. Stuff even we will have a hard time joking about.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Scruffpuff posted:

All I know is, people are getting mad at video games more often these days. I blame The Division and EA!!!11!.

Ubisoft too, and maybe konami.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Honestly, and in all seriousness, because it feels good after getting poo poo on so much to lash back. Period.

I'm not dumb enough to think this will help me. This isn't about that. I don't care if it hurts the site. Didn't do it for the money, never did. I don't care of someone figures out who I am, hence saying my name is Branson.

Know it's hard to believe, but Im not even mad. gently caress if anything i was bored after beating Dark Souls 3 again.

I'm tired of coming here, trying to contribute, and getting poo poo on by assholes because they're bored. Tired of it. Had enough. So rather then trying to joke and defend PR whatever I let of be known how I really, deep down, felt.

People wanted to dog pile and accuse of a meltdown, so fine. Here's your Lols. Enjoy. But while I'm at it, I'm going to post how I feel. No bullshit and none of the clear SA clique poo poo I've seen. Some people are loving hypocrites and part of the problem here. At least how I see it. So gonna let them know.

If they don't like it, then they can practice what they loving preach and ignore me or tell DS to probate me.

We should hang sometime friend you sound like a whole truckload of fun

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Wasn't there a way to adjust the scroll speed on these things? I seem to recall someone making a 4th stimepire version where it got through the whole text before the music ran out.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Lime Tonics posted:

All I know is, people are getting mad at video games more often these days. I blame The Division and EA!!!11!.

Ubisoft too, and maybe konami.

It's weird. Bitching about Ubisoft games, or EA games, is a lot like walking into a McDonald's and bitching that they still sell Big Macs, or walking into Taco Bell and bitching that it's low-quality sort-of-tex-mex garbage. Everybody knows what you're getting, and sometimes, the food still hits the spot. If you don't want it, eat somewhere else.

Maybe they're afraid that gaming is headed into an "In the future all restaurants are Taco Bell" situation and they're trying to be these visionary heroes who are trying to save the rest of us. They're deluded. Play a game you like, don't play a game you don't like. And relax - it's a game.

Except Star Citizen, which is not now, nor will it ever be, a game.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Mr.Tophat posted:

yes i think so

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

quote:

THAT .05 HELPED KEEP THE PAGE UP ASSHOLES.
He knows there's toilet paper, right?:ohdear:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

hanales posted:

There is no way you have other accounts, because it would also be known for melting down over everything.

You're a bad poster. Keep doing what you're doing as it fits in fine in this thread.

Oh I'm sure he had another account. It just got probated earlier in the thread.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Scruffpuff posted:

It's weird. Bitching about Ubisoft games, or EA games, is a lot like walking into a McDonald's and bitching that they still sell Big Macs, or walking into Taco Bell and bitching that it's low-quality sort-of-tex-mex garbage. Everybody knows what you're getting, and sometimes, the food still hits the spot. If you don't want it, eat somewhere else.

Maybe they're afraid that gaming is headed into an "In the future all restaurants are Taco Bell" situation and they're trying to be these visionary heroes who are trying to save the rest of us. They're deluded. Play a game you like, don't play a game you don't like. And relax - it's a game.

Except Star Citizen, which is not now, nor will it ever be, a game.

Yeah, but at the end of the day I wasted 60 dollars on a hackers paradise.

i am the problem.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder how long it would take to print out this thread using an inkjet printer.

Anyone want to try?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

You delusional gently caress.

Do you really think there is no point in even considering that maybe it could be pulled off? You do understand that considering ALL possibilities is the smart thing to do right?

And in this case maybe learn what the gently caress hypothetical means.

But I get it, having to consider even the remote possibility that you've been wrong is to much for your little brain to bare.

Either way, I've always considered you part of the problem and never respected you to begin with. So guess were even there you waste of loving space.

Oh and the Associate Press wants its name back. Unoriginal motherfucker.

AP is one of the best posters here. Thrusting angrily in his direction with your flaccid cock isn't the same as having sex with him you know

You might think we're all ganging up on you, but the sickening and heartbreaking truth is you make the worst kind of posts and every post is three times worse than the one before

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Don't mind me, the cough medicines kicking in.

I'm take a break awhile.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

Is this a comedy challenge? Or maybe just a jaded bad person challenge?

Either way, we're in the right place for it.

Perhaps this will be the ultimate test of goons. Can we make this sadness funny? Should we?

With great parp comes great responsibility, commandos.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Scruffpuff posted:

Never mind suicides - when Star Citizen ceases to be, there will be far worse than that. Stuff even we will have a hard time joking about.

I like to think that, having a really shameful sweet tooth for pitch-black dark comedy, that day will be the ultimate test for me.

Hell, for this entire thread I imagine. That day will almost certainly herald it being finally hurled into the leper's colony for good, never to be reborn again.

The only real question is how, exactly, will it happen? Will we cross the moral event horizon into the endless abyss gladly...or recoil, and have it thrown in there because of that?

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

ideate posted:

Hi sandi

edit:

words

I like ur catte

edit* and all the other loverly cattes. and the blues catte

Gradis fucked around with this message at 14:13 on May 1, 2016

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Mr. Tophat is cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Scruffpuff posted:

Maybe they're afraid that gaming is headed into an "In the future all restaurants are Taco Bell" situation and they're trying to be these visionary heroes who are trying to save the rest of us.

Speaking of which (kind of…), can someone explain to me why it's so seemingly impossible to find the Taco Bell version of Demolition Man? All I ever come across is the Pizza Hut version, and the obvious dubbing bothers me. Also Denis Leary's “acting”, but the more so the dubbing.

• Locked thread