Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
At dragfest. Cynthia owns. Mimi is very small.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Trip report:

Went to Dragula hosted by the Boulet Brothers. Ran into Mimi Imfurst, Cynthia Lee Fontaine, the Feast of Fun guys and Johnny McGovern. Also got to meet Cupcake and Christeene

Cynthia is a complete delight. She's hilarious. And COMPLETELY upstaged horrorchata by lip syncing off to the side of the stage during her performance.

The Infamous Boom Boom came out with a tied up gogo boy, some Trump masks, a staple gun, a pigs face and a huge black dildo. She stapled the Trump masks to the gogo dancer (no, really) and to the pig face. Then she hosed the pig face with the enormous dildo and crammed it into the gogo dancer's mouth. Then she left the stage.

Then Christeene came on and showed everyone her dick. It was a great show.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Oh my god. Cynthia Lee Fontaine is so amazingly sweet and kooky. Just had dinner with her for about two hours. Cannot say enough good things about her.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

CaptainScraps posted:

Oh my god. Cynthia Lee Fontaine is so amazingly sweet and kooky. Just had dinner with her for about two hours. Cannot say enough good things about her.
:neckbeard: This makes me happy to hear

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

CaptainScraps posted:

I'm pretty much going to have to insist on more details than that!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Cynthia for Miss Congeniality. :colbert:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Did she show you her cucu?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Turns out it was just her culo.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Can we please have a :drat: but instead it's CLF saying CUCU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

criscodisco posted:

I'm pretty much going to have to insist on more details than that!

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Ok. I'm back at a PC now.

My fiancee and I arrived at the host hotel at around 7:00 p.m. Dragfest is more for drag queens than it is for fans-- fully half of the crowds at every show were in drag. So you'll see lesser known queens, edgier queens, and weird acts. Cynthia met us in one of the executive suites dressed in full drag for us to go out to dinner. She gives us the first set of her merchandise (you can see the video she posted of my fiancee and myself on her facebook page) and we go to the Mexican restaurant across the street.

Dinner was about two hours. Here are some things that you should probably know about her:

1) She does a ton of charity work. She works for the Care center in Austin, was doing ride for life bike rides, and does a ton of volunteer work for cancer and AIDS-related charity.

2) She's incredibly energetic. She kept up that cheerful attitude throughout all of dinner. It's almost like a hummingbird.

3) The queens are pretty much sisters. You probably know about how Acid Betty came and stayed with her. Well, on the show, everyone trades poo poo around. She wore Bob's wigs. Laila borrowed her jewelry. Etc., etc.

4) There should be a surprise tonight as to why this season is shorter than the others. (Reddit says it's because instead of a clip show, they're doing the Bianca Rolodex of Hate video)

5) She's one of the people who built up the Austin drag scene since moving there ten years ago. Best part-- she's trying to work with Cupcake to get on Rupaul's Drag Race. Yes, Cupcake who poo poo out those easter eggs. I'm so happy.

6) She's done all sorts of different kinds of drag, including some edgier kinds.

7) She ate all the avocado off of my plate when I wasn't looking. (Kidding: I offered it to her, she says, "Look, an airplane!" and when we both pretended to look she swiped it)

8) When she last went to LA, Willam found out she was staying there in a hotel and demanded she stay with her in her mansion. "Warner is such a sweet dog. So well behaved. When he need to go out, he go to the door and go 'bow wow wow' and she let him right out."

Fiancee and I are also helping her get set up to do a Reddit AMA.

We got along really well. I donate to the Resource Center up here every year to get a Rupaul Queen to host bingo and we're in talks for her to do that for next year. She loved my fiancee way more than she loved me but she's fabulous, of course she is.

Seriously, loving go to dragfest. Not dragcon.

Edit:

One more thing. Before she left for the airport from Drag Race (apparently there was a day lag), she told the crew to bring her some supplies and she cooked Puerto Rican food for all of them.

SUCH a sweet lady.

Video: https://www.facebook.com/cynthialeefontaine/videos/1089812954409770/

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 2, 2016

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CaptainScraps posted:

8) When she last went to LA, Willam found out she was staying there in a hotel and demanded she stay with her in her mansion. "Warner is such a sweet dog. So well behaved. When he need to go out, he go to the door and go 'bow wow wow' and she let him right out."
What the gently caress how can a human being be this cute :3:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Ahahahahaha Bianca!

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
There is some poo poo going down between Tyra and Khia. Yeah, Khia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCI9CucVIrE

Apparently Khia was a guest at DragCon, and somehow bumped into Tyra and had a few choice words.

Link to Tyra's twitter here.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Where were the Tic Tacs?

I DEMAND TIC TACS!!!

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Namoi looked amazing tonight. The avant-garde look was everything. The pink bell bottoms were sexy as hell too. Sad to see Chi-Chi go. She was incredibly charming.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Poor choice of final runway there Cheech. You got beat by Peg Bundy pants, a Cher wig and half an owl costume.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
:cry:

I so wanted Chi Chi for the top 3. Well, she has to be a lock on Miss Congeniality, right?

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Nooooooo

:negative:

I wanted her in the Top 3 so much.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Shoulda kept all 4

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
drat there is such great camaraderie in this top 4

Also I don't really know that much about makeup, but am I wrong in thinking Ru's was janky as gently caress this episode?

Edit: like, what's up with that eye makeup.

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 07:44 on May 3, 2016

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth
I was also not a fan of Ru's makeup. Kim Chi bring a tear to my eye

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Kim Chi's message to baby Kim :qq:

I was so worried that she wouldn't make top 3 due to her weakness in dancing, but she really turned it out. I love every queen this season, especially the top 4, but I have to go with the one I've been rooting for since before we even knew who was on. #TeamKimChi

Since Kim can't win MC with the crown, MC has to go to Miss Cucugeniality herself.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Maybe it looked better up close, but from the runway it looked like she had an abscess over each eye.

Leocadia
Dec 26, 2011

criscodisco posted:

Maybe it looked better up close, but from the runway it looked like she had an abscess over each eye.

All I could think was: did Ru get pepper-sprayed?

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
I love Bob but I wish he would Naomie it up a bit and present theeeeese kind of legs on stage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddRxA10LC9Y

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I'm a bit bummed but I'm not surprised, either. Had the top three gone differently I think RuPaul would be accused of favoritism given how Chi Chi shares roots as a broke Louisiana queen. I'm unworried however given Latrice Royale's top 4 rank yet great post-RDR career. Chi Chi shall want for nothing.

This is the first season in forever where I genuinely didn't want one more queen to go home because the final four were all so talented and likable.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"You eat other peoples' buttholes, why is chicken any different?" :colbert:

I love Kim Chi.

I am sad about this elimination but like others have said I think she has gotten enough attention and been charming and charismatic enough that she's not gonna have a problem finding work and being noticed.

The banter and friendliness among the top 4 this season is just great :3: This has been a really good season.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
What happened to lunch with Ru? :(

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Untucked was adorable! :3: I would love to hang out with those four. Poor stage dude getting mobbed was great.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Bob's makeup on the final runway was bad. I still want Bob to win, though.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Maybe Kim Chi got to the Tic Tacs first? :D

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
This was a really hard episode to watch, because I wanted all 4 to advance. And you notice aside from that one falling person snafu, the director was like "WOOOORK, YAAAASSSS" the entire time? The top four are freaking TALENTED. Every other season, there's really awkward moments where the director is trying their hardest to get one or more of the queens to do it right. These four NAILED it.

And I don't really like all the screaming shrieking drama. I find it uncomfortable to watch. It's not that I think that everything should be peace and hair grease, but rather that the screaming matches feel so loving forced and contrived. I don't find them entertaining. It's one thing when someone drops a sick burn. Those are kind of funny to watch. It's another when it goes Tyra Sanchez x Tatiana, and it's just bitchy and nasty. Or Phi Phi and Needles. Or Phi Phi and Willam. Or Phi Phi and loving anyone. That bitch was painful to watch. Especially when the ones who are the bitchiest are the ones that should have gone home ages ago.

The love that the top four have for each other is inspiring to watch. They're fierce competitors, but they also want the others to win. It's why they'll give each other honest feedback. At this point, regardless of whom I've rooted for in the past, I feel like any of the top three could win and I'd be happy with it. Kim Chi was never in the bottom two the entire time. That's saying something for a "look queen" as they call her. She's not just a look queen. She's a talented performer who really brings her drag to the next level.

After seeing Bob's dance moves, it's clear she's not just a comedy queen. She can sew. She can act (drat can she act). She can drop a joke at a moment's notice. When the director or anyone else asks her to turn it up? She does, and does so flawlessly. That's a serious talent. How many times have we seen the director say, "I need more from you," and the person keeps flatlining?

And I swear, I never thought Naomi would turn it out like this when she was doing panties and bra with a robe all the time. The second she "woke up", all of a sudden she's turning it out week after week. And she's got a kind heart. She tried (oh but did she try) to help out Derrick to drag up the makeup.

The talent level from these four has been very entertaining to watch--way more than bitchy screaming antics. This is how it should have been from day 1: no filler queens. Just the best of the best, competing on a grand scale.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Part of the issue with no filler queens is it can be hard to tell who's going to take to the competition and shine and who's going to go home. Sometimes we have someone give a great lip sync and stay over a more consistently strong performer then not take that opportunity and run with it, but this season Naomi knocked out Acid Betty and then never looked back.

I would not have predicted Naomi in the Final 3 after episode 1 and I expected Kim Chi to place at best 4th after episode 1, as someone who is really strong in their area of expertise, but not adaptable enough to the other parts of the competition and she proved me wrong.

You have to take the risk of a filler queen to gain the possibility of someone truly surprising you.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
drat, that Untucked was adorable. This truly is the season of RuPaul's Best Friend Race.

Is Naomi the first "black horse" to make top 3? She definitely got lost in the background in the first half of the season, even scoring low on the first episode. But halfway through she started consistently turning it out. I can't think of any other past queen like that.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

drat, that Untucked was adorable. This truly is the season of RuPaul's Best Friend Race.

Is Naomi the first "black horse" to make top 3?

I'd say so. (There have been plenty of underdogs but it's usually really obvious they've got Top 3-level talent.)

Naomi is definitely the first example of the gorgeous supermodel-type who realized she needed to demonstrate versatility and then actually pulled it off. It's hard to change up your look overnight too so it's obvious she had that talent and ability lurking below the surface the entire time.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
I'm happy with the top three, but torn on who I want to win.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

This episode was gonna bum me out no matter what because I really like everyone in the top 4, but this one was a bummer because last week in a stoned daze I came to the realization that while I've been all about Bob since day one, I really wouldn't have minded a Chi Chi win. While she's absolutely a work in progress, Chi Chi really is starting to deliver the full package, including fashion (which is what she was trying to tactlessly get at during Untucked). Simultaneously, I get it, she just isn't there yet. But I wouldn't be surprised if a year or two of consistent post-Drag Race work is exactly what Chi Chi needs to get her where she needs to be.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

I'd be super duper happy with the entire non-Top 3 cast of Season 8 being the cast of Season 10/All-Stars 3. Plenty more time and Drag Race $$$ for all of them to raise their already impressive game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Bob the Drag Queen: healer

• Locked thread