Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite
It's weird to not feel so hyped about a new DG album after what an ultimate hypefest Jenny Death was.

BP is surprisingly chill overall so maybe it's appropriate?

Franz von Dada fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

80808 is out there, it's pretty good as well.

solid 8/10 record imo

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
The second half of BP is better than the first. Solid 8.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Album is good. Its no Jenny Death, but then again that album was loving amazing and its hard to top it.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
I think this album's one of their best. Every song is loving great.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I just heard it again and it's loving awesome. I may have been smoking and drinking

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Forceholy posted:

The second half of BP is better than the first. Solid 8.

uhhh the second half doesn't have hot head or spikes but yeah that's mostly true

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

That's pretty much everything I want out of a Death Grips Album.

vanov
Sep 19, 2005

sup space lol

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I just heard it again and it's loving awesome. I may have been smoking and drinking
Listening to it in this fashion is wrecking my poo poo atm, good advice

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Is this gonna be on Tidal when it drops?

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
It's on Spotify now.

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene
Spikes took only half way through to jump to around the top of my list of favorite DG songs. Unbelievably good. I like the subtle changes made to Hot Head since the original single release. I'm only half finished listening to the album but honestly for a first listen I like this thus far at least as much as Jenny Death.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

After listening to it a bunch, I think the only song I don't like from it is Giving Bad People Good Ideas. Maybe I'll come around but as it stands right now I find it kind of annoying.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I'd say last places goes to either warping or eh

eh/10

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Trash sounds a lot better now that I'm not listening to it over the phone.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Got to love that this band releases the stems to their songs, so awesome. Wish more bands did that.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Fuuuuuuuck, I love Ring A Bell so much :allears:

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
RIP death grips

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

Finally got a chance to listen to Bottomless Pit. Personal fav since Money Store

thomas pynchon
May 11, 2016
Today is the day I drove around blasting System Blower and finally ruined a speaker in my car. God bless Death Grips.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

thomas pynchon posted:

Today is the day I drove around blasting System Blower and finally ruined a speaker in my car. God bless Death Grips.

In 20 years they’ll be playing “System Blower” at weddings.

thomas pynchon
May 11, 2016

Jumpingmanjim posted:

In 20 years they’ll be playing “System Blower” at weddings.

Just made a note: "get married in 20 years; "System Blower"

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014
I hate that I can't help but pay attention to this overrated blog, but Pitchfork should have taken .5 points off the new Radiohead album review and given it to Bottomless Pit

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

My theory is ever since death grips snubbed their festival and refuse interviews they've decided to give their albums lower scores.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Possibly Chicken posted:

My theory is ever since death grips snubbed their festival and refuse interviews they've decided to give their albums lower scores.

ditto

well, on top of that Pitchfork wrote a big article on Death Grips breaking and seemed to really believe in it, so when they returned it kinda made them look foolish

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 12, 2016

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

the real news here is Anthony Fandango thought Ring a Bell was the worst track on BP

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Mortimer posted:

the real news here is Anthony Fandango thought Ring a Bell was the worst track on BP

worst track on a 9/10 albu

he reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaally likes death grips

but gave Government Plates a 6/10 so he's not THAT bias

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

the point is Ring a Bell is probably the #1 track on the whole album

its system blower 2.0

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

bubbles buried in the jungle is my favorite. that reverse cymbal

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014
catch me listening to a Anthony Fantini review like ehhhhh

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
i16 imo > bp

It's a weird thing to say but my 5th time though I realized that the vocals on BP arn't adding much. The production on these last two projects is very good, and better than the production on PTB to my ears. It's more direct, clear and punchy.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

atrus50 posted:

i16 imo > bp

It's a weird thing to say but my 5th time though I realized that the vocals on BP arn't adding much. The production on these last two projects is very good, and better than the production on PTB to my ears. It's more direct, clear and punchy.

What is i16?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Jumpingmanjim posted:

What is i16?

Interview 2016

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

Bottomless Pit is awesome. Definitely top 3 behind TMS and Exmilitary. The entire second half of the album is :supaburn:.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Who is the person on the cover art and in the "music videos?"

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

gently caress is that, a hairstyle?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Who is the person on the cover art and in the "music videos?"

It's Liz Liles (aka Mexican Girl from "Lord of the Game")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

HorseRenoir posted:

It's Liz Liles (aka Mexican Girl from "Lord of the Game")

So it is.

• Locked thread