Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

roffles posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if he turned it down because he actually is that stupid, then Gavin thinks it's a power move and he fails upward yet again into like 50 million.

And everyone who hasn't signed yet realizes that they can negotiate for more, and Hooli's 'savings' turns into a loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

BIG HEADLINE posted:

And everyone who hasn't signed yet realizes that they can negotiate for more, and Hooli's 'savings' turns into a loss.

Well the $20 million is hush money because Hooli promoted him as this visionary genius when he's just a below average worker. I don't think they're offering hush money to anyone else they're firing.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

gret posted:

Well the $20 million is hush money because Hooli promoted him as this visionary genius when he's just a below average worker. I don't think they're offering hush money to anyone else they're firing.

Yes, Big Head is the only one getting money.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I just rewatched and want to mention the brilliance of the moment when Richard tells Jared he's gotta find him a job, and Jared replies "Don't worry Richard, you go out there and establish yourself, then when the time is right you'll send for me."

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This is the best episode since the EndPlay one. Just loving hilarious.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Ummmmmmm....

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Wat the gently caress did I just witness :psyduck:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

13Pandora13 posted:

Wat the gently caress did I just witness :psyduck:

Corporate. You just witnessed corporate.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

:dong:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Richard is just crumbling piece by piece. Mike Judge is vicious and I love it.

M_Gargantua posted:

Corporate. You just witnessed corporate.

Well now I just assume the Forbes 500 spend their days watching horse gently caress.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Wasn't that Google's first idea to make money? A box you plugged into a rack to get Google search in enterprise?

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best
"Why is everyone so happy?"

Also I can't wait for another season of Jin Yang and Erlich.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
This show hits so many things right on the mark. It's hilarious and debilitating

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Somehow you just know the former Nucleus guys are going to knock it out of the park, because they were smart enough to probably snap a photo of that dry erase board and then slick it. Hopefully their phones have geotagging off. :ohdear:

They also have the motivation of *revenge* behind them.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 2, 2016

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Got a flashback when Jack was talking about the crash of march 2000. I was working for Razorfish in March, but not April.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Didn't think I would see horses loving tonight.

So, I'm guessing Barker is going to gently caress Pied Piper all up by trying to get stock up fast with dumb ideas while the brogrammers sell the compression algorithm to a competitor. Richard eventually has to retake control of the company to save it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Those drat racist Japanese. They are all terrible.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Never in my wildest dreams would I ever imagine Mike Judge making it big enough to have his own TV show or movie with a horse loving scene.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Hell yes, more Andy Daly

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
Even the bit characters like the doctor are amazing.

That whole interaction with the sales people made me sad, ITS TOO REAL :(

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Hell yes, more Andy Daly
Everyone watch Review, it's incredible.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

SLOSifl posted:

Everyone watch Review, it's incredible.
I wholeheartedly second this motion. I couldn't help but think of Forrest MacNeill during that pregnancy scare story.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Haha, http://www.piedpiper.com has been updated for the Box and now includes the sales team profiles and a new blog post from Action Jack.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

Haha, http://www.piedpiper.com has been updated for the Box and now includes the sales team profiles and a new blog post from Action Jack.

I like Erlich's lonely, smaller profile image at the bottom hahaha

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Last Chance posted:

I like Erlich's lonely, smaller profile image at the bottom hahaha

Yeah they made the engineers pics smaller than the sales team as well.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I drat near did a spit-take during the horse scene (and Action Jack's right, thoroughbred horses can only be properly be produced via "live cover"). This show is so great with absurd humor, which is appropriate considering how absurd this tech bubble is.

e: Also, I checked out the updated website and I loving loved that the sales team all listed playing either lacrosse, squash, field hockey or crew as their hobbies. Of loving course they would.

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 05:28 on May 2, 2016

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Best episode of the series so far. Richard is indeed getting hosed.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Troy Queef posted:

I drat near did a spit-take during the horse scene (and Action Jack's right, thoroughbred horses can only be properly be produced via "live cover"). This show is so great with absurd humor, which is appropriate considering how absurd this tech bubble is.

e: Also, I checked out the updated website and I loving loved that the sales team all listed playing either lacrosse, squash, field hockey or crew as their hobbies. Of loving course they would.

I liked how they came from Philip Morris, British Petroleum, Goldman Sachs, and Monsanto. That's a well-respected set of companies right there.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
The one thing that really stuck with me is that Jack is kinda right. By all accounts the bubble is about to burst and there's no longer space or time for "grow now, monetize later" unicorns that can just rely on VC money to cover their lack of profits.

I mean, he's sill basically destroying Pied Piper and turning it into a code-for-hire operation, but he's right.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

GobiasIndustries posted:

Holy poo poo the comments on the blog post.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

The one thing that really stuck with me is that Jack is kinda right. By all accounts the bubble is about to burst and there's no longer space or time for "grow now, monetize later" unicorns that can just rely on VC money to cover their lack of profits.

I mean, he's sill basically destroying Pied Piper and turning it into a code-for-hire operation, but he's right.

Look at his background - Bain Capital, then rapidly growing companies, taking them public, and getting them acquired. He's the perfect blend of Richard and Laurie - he's got the enthusiasm and spirit of Richard, with the single mindedness and drive to increase valuation like Laurie.

This season is starting off very strong, drat.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
I just watched a horse have sex with another horse :psyduck:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Better than watching a horse having sex with anything else.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Jin yang is the god drat best.

"Who are you loving yelling at?! We are the only ones here you idiot!"

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
this show some keeps getting even funnier

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

At the same time, read the post above yours. Mike Judge isn't exactly being subtle about who to root against here.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.

They had the time, but then they blew all their money on their fancy new office and expensive sales force. Richard had the right idea, keep expenses and headcount low, so you can last as long as possible without chasing short term revenue to survive. Now that the money has been spent the clock is ticking, they have to get a lot more money fast or they die. This is by design, Jack doesn't want to spend years slowly growing the company the right way, he wants to cash out and move on, and it's not a big deal if the company fails.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The bubble IS about to burst, but if Pied Piper can do everything Richard says, its valuation is incalculable. So Tobo is playing a total piece of poo poo, just a more pleasant version of Gavin.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Kreeblah posted:

I liked how they came from Philip Morris, British Petroleum, Goldman Sachs, and Monsanto. That's a well-respected set of companies right there.

All well needed was someone that survived Enron and we would have won evil company bingo. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

GobiasIndustries posted:

"Now you see it, now…you have a hard time seeing it, because it’s so much smaller!"

quote:

Better than watching a horse having sex with anything else.

Are we so sure about this?

• Locked thread