Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
The US FGC is so poverty that they can't even afford to play a free game.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

not even her tits are immune to her muscle spirit

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/FightingGameGif/status/726222892493463552

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Guile and everything associated with him brings me nothing but joy, but I think we might've just reached the summit.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Really liking Guile so far. I think the way I'd been trying play Ryu suits Guile's kit. Having a way easier time hitting flash kicks on reaction compared to DPs, and I don't get punished as often for getting cute with projectiles. Plus I'm digging his v-system and suplex animation.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
http://steamcommunity.com/id/dnastyx

please add me to play super turbo or other cool games on fightcade or just find me on #goonsgarden

i like
magical drop 3
alpha 2
neo turf masters
vampier savier the lord of vampier

mostly i play st poorly and i will play some hyper fighting once the new fightcade comes out

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

interrodactyl posted:

please add me to play super turbo or other cool games on fightcade or just find me on #goonsgarden

i like
magical drop 3
alpha 2
neo turf masters

mostly i play st poorly and i will play some hyper fighting once the new fightcade comes out

fight me puzzle fighter though

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

interrodactyl posted:

i like
magical drop 3
alpha 2
neo turf masters

Added. Up for some Super Turbo and Vampire Savior.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
There's an Anime Weekend sale at Steam and KOF 2002UM is 50% off.

kof is anime i knew it

Also holy poo poo Koihime is 70 BRL

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Why isn't 98 also on sale? :(

If I wanted to learn KoF before 14 hits 98's the one to start with right? I know 13 has some weirdness, but I don't know poo poo.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

attackmole posted:

It's not anime.

attackmole posted:

If I wanted to learn KoF before 14 hits 98's the one to start with right? I know 13 has some weirdness, but I don't know poo poo.

Play any KOF on Steam, they are all good, even XIII.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

13 is really fun, if you live on the west coast play it with me.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

attackmole posted:

98 is FREE and BETTER on fightcade. to play google fightcade

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

dangerdoom volvo posted:

98 UM FE is the tournament standard and it has Geese. It is better

98 on fightcade has Brazilians with 360ms ping though

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 1, 2016

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Yeah I was eyeing the ultimate version just for training mode but figured I would still hit it up on fight cade.

Any ways thanks for the recs

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

You can get training mode with limited features in fightcade too, it's not as good as 98um but it's useful.

There are a few goons trying to learn fightcade 98 now, including me.

Add me here for fightcade stuffs steamcommunity.com/booyah-

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

attackmole posted:

Yeah I was eyeing the ultimate version just for training mode but figured I would still hit it up on fight cade.

Any ways thanks for the recs

set emulator mode to AES and go ham in trainer mode. make sure you change it back to MVS when you're done

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
What do you guys think of the post '09 fighting games?

Do you feel that they hold up to those from the classic age of the '90s and early 2000s?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

What do you guys think of the post '09 fighting games?

Do you feel that they hold up to those from the classic age of the '90s and early 2000s?

no

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
i just wish they'd make a soulcalibur worth a gently caress

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Munsun posted:

i just wish they'd make a soulcalibur worth a gently caress

sc5 was ok

it just got rid of all the good chars and replaced them with worse versions of them

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Here is my esports tale

I was at a smaller epsorts thing earlier today, play my games, get to winners finals, I lost. Then as I wait for guy from losers to play, its announced I got 2nd place, and the guy who beat me got 1st. Both of us start yelling at the organizer saying what is going on and we were told that how its supposed to happen and "this is how fighting games are played"

:barf:

Also losers was called "The redemption bracket".

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 1, 2016

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Jesus, why even hold a losers if it's just there to be dumped on.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

dangerdoom volvo posted:

It's not free, you're just not paying for it. Get the difference?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Chev posted:

lol if you don't have a script set up to delete and redownload the roms every 23 hrs and 59 minutes so you can play without legal consequence

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

I just noticed that I have a spare lever, spare PCB, and a bunch of spare buttons, so I've decided to build a spare stick. I know I could just punch some holes in a shoebox and be good to go, but what's my best bet for buying a semi-respectable case for all this?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sarchasm posted:

I just noticed that I have a spare lever, spare PCB, and a bunch of spare buttons, so I've decided to build a spare stick. I know I could just punch some holes in a shoebox and be good to go, but what's my best bet for buying a semi-respectable case for all this?

marvelous customs make a sturdy plexi case that i see a few locals using, and arts hobbies has a cheaper one but idk how sturdy it is.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

Pomp posted:

marvelous customs make a sturdy plexi case that i see a few locals using, and arts hobbies has a cheaper one but idk how sturdy it is.

Those look great, but even the cheap option is a little more than I was looking to spend. I'll definitely keep them in mind though, thanks for the links.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Sarchasm posted:

Those look great, but even the cheap option is a little more than I was looking to spend. I'll definitely keep them in mind though, thanks for the links.

Just make your own on the cheap!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Pomp posted:

Speaking of, does anyone have one of these? How are they?

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Chev posted:

i invested in a mexican laundromat so im part owner of a 98 cab, fair use

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Haha suck it nerds who don't own arcade cabinets with most of the PCBs of games on fightcade strewn across their living room in a supreme display of mancave dwelling nerdiness

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

Here is my esports tale

I was at a smaller epsorts thing earlier today, play my games, get to winners finals, I lost. Then as I wait for guy from losers to play, its announced I got 2nd place, and the guy who beat me got 1st. Both of us start yelling at the organizer saying what is going on and we were told that how its supposed to happen and "this is how fighting games are played"

:barf:

Also losers was called "The redemption bracket".

Was this part of the cineplex thing? I've seen similar complaints from people on Facebook.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

It's a drat shame the steam version of KoF98 doesn't include the ROM.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been using my hori RAP4 for probably a year and a half at this point and I think I'm gonna swap out the stick for something that's a little less loose. Idk if it's from use or being too hard on the stick but now when I let go of it to snap back to neutral it will usually hit the opposite input, which is no good! I cracked open the case and tightened the spring screw and that seems to have helped but I'm still gonna swap it. Any recommendations on good parts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

fadam posted:

Was this part of the cineplex thing? I've seen similar complaints from people on Facebook.

Sure was, what a loving joke.