Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Already put in my order. The deal went live an hour ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Shawn posted:

Already put in my order. The deal went live an hour ago.

Yeah, I picked up the tyderium shuttle.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
As usual, in Germany we get the short end of the stick with a whopping 10% discount. Other retailers regularly give 20% on Lego in special offers...

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Hopper posted:

As usual, in Germany we get the short end of the stick with a whopping 10% discount. Other retailers regularly give 20% on Lego in special offers...

No double VIP either.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bushifox posted:

That set kicks so much rear end. I really think it might be the best non UCS SW set they've done.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO

Hopper posted:

Australia gets 0% discount on Star Wars this time around apparently, so count yourself lucky.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Bushifox posted:

Is out of stock already but I think I'm gonna pull the trigger anyway. Not a bad price for a great set!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

When's that correctly coloured X-Wing coming out?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
It's already out, through the simple expedient of staring at Poe's X-Wing for about 30 seconds and then blinking rapidly while looking at a blank wall :v:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The blank wall isn't swooshable.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Fine, then just spin around while you do it. That's what I do :colbert:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Aaronicon posted:

Australia gets 0% discount on Star Wars this time around apparently, so count yourself lucky.

This is some bullshit right here. They even have a link to "Star Wars specials!" that takes you to no such specials.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I made the mistake of looking at a package of Mixels and now I want all the Mixels.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Apparently there's a LUG-member-exclusive Space Slug set for May the 4th if you spend $150+. Apparently they open the store an hour early for LUGs.

The ~160 piece set is going for $300+ on ebay.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Pyroclastic posted:

Apparently there's a LUG-member-exclusive Space Slug set for May the 4th if you spend $150+. Apparently they open the store an hour early for LUGs.

The ~160 piece set is going for $300+ on ebay.

This has already been and gone in the UK and it wasn't advertised. They did their May 4th event on April 30th. Livid.

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

This has already been and gone in the UK and it wasn't advertised. They did their May 4th event on April 30th. Livid.

It was only available if you were a member of a recognised user group. Whoever runs the group should've sent out notifications to all members to register for it a couple weeks ago.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

set looks pretty simple in terms of pieces, if you're not worried about a box you could probably bricklink the parts

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
My friend who works at GameStop is the best.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The_Doctor posted:

My friend who works at GameStop is the best.

I'd pay if he had an extra, or trade if you wanted anything I've got.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

PriorMarcus posted:

I'd pay if he had an extra, or trade if you wanted anything I've got.

He just got the one for me because he knows I'm into Lego.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I sucked it up and bought one on bricklink because I need all the Iron Mans, although now that the Stark Mansion and the Avengers Tower are full I'm probably good.

The Silver Centurion is probably the best one, in my defense. I didn't know it had a Tony Stark who has had the crap beaten out of him face on one side, that was a nice surprise.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Looks like the Disney minifigs are out, spent some time feeling up bags at Walmart and got everything I wanted so I'm good :cool:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

I asked what time they opened on April 30th and they were like, were you invited to our early owning AFOL event? I was like, no, but I guess I wish I was. He was like don't worry about stock, only 10 people are coming.

This was in Seattle, btw...

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Picking up my Ghostbusters firehouse now.

I wont be able to build it for a week, sadly.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Found one lone chicken man from Easter this year, along with a pair of Wall-E sets in beat up boxes at Toys R Us. I guess they cleaned up the back room or something.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

Fawf posted:

Looks like the Disney minifigs are out, spent some time feeling up bags at Walmart and got everything I wanted so I'm good :cool:

Went to my local Lego store to see a group of people hording the last box to feel them up. They took it into a corner and huddled around so no one could feel them. Then they proceeded to buy them all anyways. (Limit 16 each per person but they had like 5 people so...)

Thankfully the Lego employee saw me disappointed and chased after me right as I was about to leave. He said he "found" an extra box in the back and opened it up for me and gave me a chance to go through it. Then he proceeded to stand next to us to give the hoarders a stern look so they wouldn't approach the new box. Me and a friend spent about an hour helping other people find what they needed after we grabbed our 5. It was a pretty good day considering everyone we helped got the correct one!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Fatkraken posted:

set looks pretty simple in terms of pieces, if you're not worried about a box you could probably bricklink the parts

I didn't plan on building it :v:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
My mum just called. She found an entire moving box full of my Lego in their basement. I can't wait to go through it.
- posted by 35 year old me who is tremendously excited and can't wait to see what treasures this box holds.

I am assuming it is my late 80ies space stuff plus some early city models. It feels weird being this giddy about a box of random Lego.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I made the mistake of looking at a package of Mixels and now I want all the Mixels.

Go for it! (while prices are still acceptable) Only series 1 are expensive, the rest are more or less the same price as when they were retail

I am currently in the process of buying ALL THE MIXELS!

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 11:14 on May 2, 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ineptitude posted:

Only series 1 are expensive, the rest are still the same price (more or less) as they had when they were retail

I am currently in the process of buying ALL THE MIXELS!

Like, I just thought they were parts kits that had goofy builds. I didn't realize there were themes and combos and stuff. I snapped up all of the MCPD ones, and am currently in the process of getting all of Glorp Corp. And then the steampunk ones, the fire department ones, the pirate ones, the...

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Seeing the demand for the minifigs I am considering picking up an entire box of (Disney) minfigs if I can find one. Stupid as it is, I feel kinda bad about buying more than I need and then selling extras on for a mark up, because I know what it feels like to be on the other end of the deal.

I am seriously tempted to do this for the German Football team if I can though, because those will sell like hot cakes...

What's your opinion on that? Is it OK because everybody does it and I need to man up if I want to earn money for more Lego or should I not bother because it is petty to buy for the purpose of selling extras on?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I picked up a fake-Lego pirate ship from Wilkinsons in the UK for £7 the other day. It had a load of brown pieces including parts to make up the hull, unlike the big ol' pirate ships I was used to when I made Lego as a kid. I figured it could go with my two Hobbit Laketown sets, and I knocked this up:

Only used a few spare bits and pieces (I don't have many but I made good use of what I had!), a little Hobbit stove, and of course, Stephen Fry with his sausage, so I decided it would be his personal cookhouse. Although the face-on image doesn't really show the roof, I had a good stab at a "modern" Lego roof of attaching flat pieces diagonally, rather than the old way of the triangular red bricks all the way down.

Here it is with my other Laketown stuff, and the Orcs sneaking in...

Also the fake Lego minifigs that come with this stuff are just hilariously bad, but who needs 'em anyway.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

List of first ideas sets being reviewed for this year are up:

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/1-blog/post/64

Fishing Store is probably my favorite looking of the bunch, but I doubt they choose it.

Johnny Five looks like rear end to me.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Shouldn't Jedi and Jurassic Park be immediately disqualified anyway, due to them not allowing licenses they already have?

Hopper fucked around with this message at 16:13 on May 2, 2016

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

xzzy posted:

Fishing Store is probably my favorite looking of the bunch, but I doubt they choose it.

Even if it didn't meet some of their criteria they should choose it and see how well it does compared to what they think it would

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I bet only the fossil museum gets made.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
If it were up to me I'd pick particle accelerator and fossil museum, but only because they're the most likely to be appropriate for both kids and adults, and because they're unlicensed.

The fishing shop is a cool model, but it really needs more similar models to create a scene with it, IMO.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I just really hate lego dioramas that don't come with a baseplate, which is probably what would happen with the fossil set.

The accelerator is just awkward, nothing to play with, and isn't that cool of a display piece.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fishing shop is probably coolest, but yeah it doesn't really go with anything. That would be like a 200 set that wouldn't fit with anything they are currently doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

That fishing shop is dope