Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
ganny was only trying to defend our mayor Glowku while the rest of you were faffing about trying to kill an innocent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Luminous Cow posted:

Yes, it does. I'm trying to get people to stop just posting white noise bullshit and actually post substantive things to go over the next day. And it's working. Just posting stupid things and trying to lynch lurkers is not in town interests.

Also defending lurkers. What the ever loving gently caress. Killing lurkers is as pro town as you can get D1 since lurkers don't "post substantive things" in fact they rarely post at all that's why we call them lurkers. I stand by my vote, make this town :smugdon: great :smugdon: again.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Azuth0667 posted:

Also defending lurkers. What the ever loving gently caress. Killing lurkers is as pro town as you can get D1 since lurkers don't "post substantive things" in fact they rarely post at all that's why we call them lurkers. I stand by my vote, make this town :smugdon: great :smugdon: again.

*Short of lynching an actual scum that is.

For the pedants in the audience.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Azuth does kind of have a point about lurkers, but I'd rather force them to say something if we can rather than vote out of hand, since prior games have proven that some lurkers are just town who don't know how to play or have nothing substantial to add. Force them to take a side!

I'd rather see who's doing the most white noise posting, quantity without quality. When I get a chance I'll look at that if no one else does before then.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Tendai posted:

Azuth does kind of have a point about lurkers, but I'd rather force them to say something if we can rather than vote out of hand, since prior games have proven that some lurkers are just town who don't know how to play or have nothing substantial to add. Force them to take a side!

I'd rather see who's doing the most white noise posting, quantity without quality. When I get a chance I'll look at that if no one else does before then.

The easiest way to motivate them is to vote for them. There's no impetus for them to do anything without some kind of pressure.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

Azuth0667 posted:

Turboing a lurker day one is stupid when the mod is threatening mod kill. Why waste the lynch when the mod is putting pressure on? No need to vote. After D1 it starts becoming more important.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Luminous Cow posted:

Turboing a lurker day one is stupid when the mod is threatening mod kill. Why waste the lynch when the mod is putting pressure on? No need to vote. After D1 it starts becoming more important.

Lurker modkills aren't a threat until a mod actually goes through with it is why. Also the potential of a cascade effect where the town lynches a lurker and the mod modkills a lurker. Two lurkers for the price of one. I like how you don't even defend your defense of lurkers; feel free to come on out and admit its a dumb idea. We won't bite except maybe tendai's cat.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

If you want to whine about whitenoise why not look at your scumbro rurea? Literally nothing of substance and two bandwagon votes, one of which was for our hero ganny. After looking at your posting I am convinced you may just have not thought things through enough and am moving my vote back to my other scum hunch.

##vote Rurea

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Azuth0667 posted:

Lurker modkills aren't a threat until a mod actually goes through with it is why.

Wasn't moat a modkill? It was a weird exchange but that's what I gathered.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Propaganda Machine posted:

No. Janitored night kill from what I gathered

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Azuth0667 posted:

Lurker modkills aren't a threat until a mod actually goes through with it is why. Also the potential of a cascade effect where the town lynches a lurker and the mod modkills a lurker. Two lurkers for the price of one. I like how you don't even defend your defense of lurkers; feel free to come on out and admit its a dumb idea. We won't bite except maybe tendai's cat.

I just defended my defense of lurkers. Why are you even trying to make a case that I'm scum when our only known scum was trying to get a bandwagon on me? Finishing what Kash started? I've already said I'm vanilla town, and stick by it. Any lynch of me will just confirm it. I find it suspicious that you've done nothing but lay low until somebody said something, and now all of a sudden you're super town. And you're still just trying to get a lynch going on Rurea for posting just like you have all game.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Yeah it was however literally every game I've been in, :kiddo: all four :kiddo: , claim to modkill lurkers but, never do. Hence that threat carries no weight unless it actually happens with frequency. We wouldn't have people kvetching about lurkers if it did happen with frequency.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Luminous Cow posted:

I just defended my defense of lurkers. Why are you even trying to make a case that I'm scum when our only known scum was trying to get a bandwagon on me? Finishing what Kash started? I've already said I'm vanilla town, and stick by it. Any lynch of me will just confirm it. I find it suspicious that you've done nothing but lay low until somebody said something, and now all of a sudden you're super town. And you're still just trying to get a lynch going on Rurea for posting just like you have all game.

Azuth0667 posted:

Killing lurkers is as pro town as you can get D1 since lurkers don't "post substantive things" in fact they rarely post at all that's why we call them lurkers.
This is the part you didn't defend. Lurkers don't post so how can they post anything of substance? Oh wait modkills, yeah if those carried any weight we wouldn't have every game hating lurkers.

Kashuno was not trying to bandwagon you look at his post history, that is made up bullshit. I haven't laid low at all I've been posting regularly look at the post counts, oh wait I'll do it for you.

Man it has to hurt to be so wrong about everything. Rurea gets the lynch vote because of not respectin' the gibbis :colbert:

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Azuth0667 posted:

This is the part you didn't defend. Lurkers don't post so how can they post anything of substance? Oh wait modkills, yeah if those carried any weight we wouldn't have every game hating lurkers.

Kashuno was not trying to bandwagon you look at his post history, that is made up bullshit. I haven't laid low at all I've been posting regularly look at the post counts, oh wait I'll do it for you.

Man it has to hurt to be so wrong about everything. Rurea gets the lynch vote because of not respectin' the gibbis :colbert:

Post count does not equal content. Almost all your posts until this past hour were low content white noise gibbis, and attempting to lynch Rurea.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Luminous Cow posted:

I've had breakfast, it's my day off, and I have coffee. Time to :justpost:

The most important information we have from d1 is that Kashuno was scum, and Ganny was trying to get lynched. We can use this to see who was far too eager to jump on an easy town lynch, and who was working with Kashuno.

Who did kashuno vote for? I'm ignoring his stupid post where he voted everyone.
Me, ganny, flerp, birb, rurea, glowku, then a final push on me just in case the bandwagon on ganny fell apart. Dropped the hammer on ganny.

Oh look here you state that Kashuno was trying to bandwagon ganny but, wait according to you just now he was trying to bandwagon you. Caught in a lie :smugbert:?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Luminous Cow posted:

Post count does not equal content. Almost all your posts until this past hour were low content white noise gibbis, and attempting to lynch Rurea.
This is actually kind of right on. Hm.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Luminous Cow posted:

And you continue to ignore the fact that lurkers don't post so they can't possibly post anything of quality anyway. All of my posts are full of content and quality :c00lbutt:. Yours however could use some help :eng101:.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Luminous Cow posted:

The most important information we have from d1 is that Kashuno was scum, and Ganny was trying to get lynched. We can use this to see who was far too eager to jump on an easy town lynch, and who was working with Kashuno.

Who did kashuno vote for? I'm ignoring his stupid post where he voted everyone.
Me, ganny, flerp, birb, rurea, glowku, then a final push on me just in case the bandwagon on ganny fell apart. Dropped the hammer on ganny.

Luminous Cow posted:

Why are you even trying to make a case that I'm scum when our only known scum was trying to get a bandwagon on me?

Azuth0667 posted:

Oh look here you state that Kashuno was trying to bandwagon ganny but, wait according to you just now he was trying to bandwagon you. Caught in a lie :smugbert:?

Conveniently ignoring this are we Luminous Cow? How can Kashuno be simultaneously bandwagoning you and ganny? Perhaps you've been caught in a lie.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

I was mistaken moat was not a modkill see:

Shadow0 posted:

It's my fault for not being more clear in his PM, I'm really sorry about the confusion. Someone other than me visited him last Night like in normal play. Carry on as if you hadn't heard his disembodied voice.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Azuth0667 posted:

Conveniently ignoring this are we Luminous Cow? How can Kashuno be simultaneously bandwagoning you and ganny? Perhaps you've been caught in a lie.

I think I've missed your point. Where did I lie exactly? I think I'm being dense.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

He's trying to fabricate some case against you in order to discredit you because you have presented reasonable suspicion towards him.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Azuth0667 posted:

You didn't even really read the posts you quoted. Here is the important part that makes this argument fall apart:

Luminous Cow posted:

then a final push on me just in case the bandwagon on ganny fell apart. Dropped the hammer on ganny.

Like, you realize it was never kashuno "simultaneously" doing anything right? Cow never said anything to that effect, you just made it up in order to try to make him look bad. Why would a Town player do this???

Vote Azuth thx

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Answering someone who asked about my gutfeel: I voted tendai because I thought there questions were a deceit. Appearing innocuous in order to disperse suspicion on them, but I'm thinking it may be genuine.

Although my gutfeel on Grillary Clinton stands. Even now most of the posts are devoid of content, and there doesn't seem to be any effort made in interpreting votes/posting as of yet. I'll have to read up on this Rurea v. Azuth business, but at work and don't have time to really delve into it just yet.

For now: ##vote Grillary Clinton this feels right.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Will be out a while, post more later, please don't drop hammer on anyone, there's good talk going. ##unvote

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Azuth0667 posted:

Yeah it was however literally every game I've been in, :kiddo: all four :kiddo: , claim to modkill lurkers but, never do. Hence that threat carries no weight unless it actually happens with frequency. We wouldn't have people kvetching about lurkers if it did happen with frequency.

I think Allen modkilled in NYC '77. It's been over a year since I played regularly but I've definitely seen mods follow through with it.

Azuth0667 posted:

I was mistaken moat was not a modkill see:

Hmm, okay. I got confused by all of moat's ghostposting.

I agree with the point that Azuth's plentiful posting doesn't equate to content. Heck, Tendai called me out for precisely that, and she was right to do so.

Also...

Azuth0667 posted:

Azuth0667 posted:

And you continue to ignore the fact that lurkers don't post so they can't possibly post anything of quality anyway. All of my posts are full of content and quality :c00lbutt:. Yours however could use some help :eng101:.

I don't like how glib he's being here. Clever little gotchas don't make for compelling cases.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Luminous Cow posted:

I think I've missed your point. Where did I lie exactly? I think I'm being dense.

You stated Kashuno was bandwagoning you. However earlier you stated Kashuno is bandwagoning ganny which is it? It can't be both and the posts, in addition to the flip, show it was ganny. Both you and Rurea voted for ganny which is not a point in either of your favors.

gannyGrabber posted:

I can't let you loving villains kill glowku! I just can't!

GANNY POWERS ACTIVATE! FORM OF: PISS EVERYBODY OFF!

Now unvote Glowku or I shall do this a second time!!!

ganny was only defending a fellow towns(wo)man. He literally threw himself in front of a train bandwagon to save our Mayor Glowku. Yet Rurea decided to vote for him:

:siren:Note this post is clipped and the people that voted for ganny as their final vote for the day and are still alive are:siren::

bunnyofdoom
    GRILLARY CLINTON
    Rurea
    Anomalous Amalgam
    flerp
    chaoslord
    Tendai

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Someone else on the above list is scum and my hunch says its Rurea because of these things:

Posts nothing of substance but calls others out for it.

lovely bandwagon votes on our Mayor Glowku and that helped kill our hero, Town-Aligned Hunter, gannyGrabber.

Posts this:

Rurea posted:

For those new people who arent in the know, day 1 usually starts with what is called "jokephase"

It is assumed that anything posted during jokephase is a joke. Jokephase can last the whole game day, or it could just be a few posts. THE POWER IS OURS TO DECIDE!

Then whines about stuff said in jokephase because of "lack of content."

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

I think Allen modkilled in NYC '77. It's been over a year since I played regularly but I've definitely seen mods follow through with it.

Hmm, okay. I got confused by all of moat's ghostposting.

I agree with the point that Azuth's plentiful posting doesn't equate to content. Heck, Tendai called me out for precisely that, and she was right to do so.

Also...

I don't like how glib he's being here. Clever little gotchas don't make for compelling cases.

Two quotes saying the opposite things do though get over it before I build a wall around you and make you pay for it. :smugdon:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

The fact that you didn't vote for Ganny and are rubbing all our faces in it after the fact just screams scum btw. Once he had enough votes to lynch, and as scum you know he will flip town, it's real easy to back off and throw blame on to the people who voted him.

Azuth0667 posted:

Do as I say not as I do.

quote:

lovely bandwagon votes on our Mayor Glowku and that helped kill our hero, Town-Aligned Hunter, gannyGrabber.

Posts this:

This simply isn't true.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Rurea posted:

The fact that you didn't vote for Ganny and are rubbing all our faces in it after the fact just screams scum btw. Once he had enough votes to lynch, and as scum you know he will flip town, it's real easy to back off and throw blame on to the people who voted him.

Do as I say not as I do.

That is how religion works :q:.

The only votes of significance I have is for you because of that anti-gibbis stance :colbert:.

I'm not rubbing it in everyone's faces I'm rubbing it in your face and you're only getting mad about it because you are scum. I didn't vote for ganny because there was no reason to. It was D1 we knew nothing you however did and are acting very scummy.

Rurea posted:

This simply isn't true.

Sure it is take a look at all of this content. In fact you only started posting any kind of content when you popped up on the scumdar after you decided to side with the lurkers and complain about lack of content posts.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
Oh god sorry I was busy all weekend and haven't had a chance to post. I'm lurking oh god what have I done

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
At this point, I agree with what Rurea has said after looking back at things. Azuth has done little snipes and gotchas and not much else.

Comedy bonus option: He is also a liar.

Azuth0667 posted:

All of my posts are full of content and quality.

:v:

##vote Azuth0667

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Mayor Glowku posted:

Oh god sorry I was busy all weekend and haven't had a chance to post. I'm lurking oh god what have I done

either we die a white noise poster, or live long enough to see ourselves become a lurker

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Flerp I still want to know what TV show has the dude in your avatar so hooked that he can't even look away to eat his corpse

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hes looking at my high quality posts

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So it's more fascinated horror

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Tendai posted:

At this point, I agree with what Rurea has said after looking back at things. Azuth has done little snipes and gotchas and not much else.

Comedy bonus option: He is also a liar.

:v:

##vote Azuth0667

If that's the standard for voting you should vote for yourself.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
You hear coughing and turn for a moment. Mayor Glowku suddenly coughs out of a large puff of green smoke. He doesn't look so well. Maybe if he posted spoke some more before Night's fall, he'd feel better.

(Also, fyi, I've brought down the lurker lynch requirement from D1, but most of your cleared the old one anyway. I'll definitely be more lenient if you post that you'll be busy irl or if a Day is particularly short. Mostly I just want to make sure you're all actually playing, which you all appear to be doing.)

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 20:41 on May 9, 2016

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Shadow0 posted:

You hear coughing and turn for a moment. Mayor Glowku suddenly coughs out of a large puff of green smoke. He doesn't look so well. Maybe if he spoke some more before Night's fall, he'd feel better.

(Also, fyi, I've brought down the lurker lynch requirement from D1, but most of your cleared the old one anyway. I'll definitely be more lenient if you post that you'll be busy irl or if a Day is particularly short. Mostly I just want to make sure you're all actually playing, which you all appear to be doing.)

No guys the green smoke is fine! That's uhhh... farts! Yeah I was sniffing farts! :getin:

As for actually having a vote and playing the game I'll be back in a bit. I have a meeting that I can white noise post during

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Azuth0667 posted:

You stated Kashuno was bandwagoning you. However earlier you stated Kashuno is bandwagoning ganny which is it? It can't be both and the posts, in addition to the flip, show it was ganny. Both you and Rurea voted for ganny which is not a point in either of your favors.

ganny was only defending a fellow towns(wo)man. He literally threw himself in front of a train bandwagon to save our Mayor Glowku. Yet Rurea decided to vote for him:

:siren:Note this post is clipped and the people that voted for ganny as their final vote for the day and are still alive are:siren::

bunnyofdoom
    GRILLARY CLINTON
    Rurea
    Anomalous Amalgam
    flerp
    chaoslord
    Tendai

Someone else on the above list is scum and my hunch says its Rurea because of these things:

Posts this:

This actually is a very good post. Surprising Azuth did this.

Rurea you have a big target on you in my mind, lemme go check out your posts... see what fart crumbs you left behind for me to sniff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
not votign azuth today

respevt the gibbous

• Locked thread