Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Baal posted:

I'm sorry I even said anything about it.

:confused:

Wer're sharing opinions, not battling to the death here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

HenryEx posted:

. The actual 15-year old edgelords running around are much less creative and most are content with just substituting every second or third adjective in random places with 'loving', no matter the topic or mood.

OTOH
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/natasha-hamilton-close-tears-reveals-7860130

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
While it makes sense Bakugou, the character, might swear, it still feels tonally deaf against the backdrop of the rest of the manga and its themes, presentation, audience, atmosphere, etc.

I understand they wanted to find a way to communicate his temperament, but I'm with Baal in that there was probably a better way to do it.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Watching the latest episode of the anime, I didn't realize that All-Might was already cluing Deku in to the secret of how to use One For All without loving himself up--even if All Might is a terrible teacher.

Also, all the Class 1B students on the scoreboard, like Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu!

And I just want to say: Aizawa's voice is beyond perfect.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Junichi Suwabe is pretty much a perfect human being so you can expect that from him.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

KittyEmpress posted:

So kinda unrelated, but I thought some people here might be interested, but I just posted a PbP recruit for Masks, Powered by the Apocalypse superhero game.

For setting I took a few cues from MHA. Though more from T&B

Figured I'd post here since I know some people don't go to Trad Games but might maybe be interested?

what is t&b

e: oh, tiger and bunny. I thought that was whatever game system was being used (even though you already said powered by Apocalypse™)

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Shinjobi posted:

I cursed like a goddamned sailor throughout my childhood so Bakugo's dialogue makes all the sense in the world to me.

Granted, I never had superpowers.:smith:

Same :smith:

But I do kinda agree that for a kids manga? Too much. Not every kid swears like we did.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

"Son of a bitch"

-Son Goku

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Terper posted:

"Son of a bitch"

-Son Goku

There are dog people in the Dragonball world. Seems legit.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Gyges posted:

There are dog people in the Dragonball world. Seems legit.

The King of the World is a dog person in Dragon Ball!

"Son of a bitch" is probably a compliment.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Baal posted:

I'm sorry I even said anything about it.

you loving better be

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"Do goddamn skeletons fuckin' poo poo?"

-Monkey D. Luffy

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
The Korean scan for Chapter 89:

http://www.shencomics.com/archives/1671981

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Deku: Aw c'mon, Bacchan, let's be friends!

Bakugou: Thou cur! Thou addle-pated nitwit! Fie on thy Quirklessness, fie on't! Would that thou should die and rot 'neath the loam, for only then wouldst thou find thy level!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Aww poo poo!

We're gonna get All for One vs One for All! Please be okay All Might. :ohdear:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mirage posted:

Bakugou: Thou cur! Thou addle-pated nitwit! Fie on thy Quirklessness, fie on't! Would that thou should die and rot 'neath the loam, for only then wouldst thou find thy level!

This would legit be amazing.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
And now a quickie translated version of Chapter 89:

http://imgur.com/a/ob4pE

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

LostRook posted:

And now a quickie translated version of Chapter 89:

http://imgur.com/a/ob4pE
:rip: best jeanist.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tiger seems to be protecting Ragdoll with his body. (And also All For One... Somehow used Jeanist's quirk against them despite him still having it? That seems wrong but if that is the case then she's probably fine because she was naked and all.) That's good; I was worried she got annihilated in this, which would suck after all she's been through and her basically being a bystander in this situation. Most of the others seem to be alive too.

RIP Best Jeanist indeed, though. Too bad his internal monologue/flashback pre-death is mangled in the translation; I'm curious what he's actually saying there.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Roland Jones posted:

RIP Best Jeanist indeed, though. Too bad his internal monologue/flashback pre-death is mangled in the translation; I'm curious what he's actually saying there.

Yeah I'm still not clear on what exactly happened there: It seems like it is implying that All for One stole Best Jeanist's powers to take down everyone else. Then at the end was Jeanist trying to get up and strike back against AfO, but instead he got hit in the chest with something and killed?

That's my best guess.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Same :smith:

But I do kinda agree that for a kids manga? Too much. Not every kid swears like we did.

Grape Juice yells "gently caress" in english (although censored), All Might curses in English too. It's not an unintended thing.

Speaking of swearing--holy loving poo poo, everything is breaking down.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There's no guarantee Best Jeanist is dead, unless I missed something.

Edit: Fixed my tags.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 20:59 on May 2, 2016

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Uh, he won the Best Jeanist Award how many times? Dude is fine.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

chumbler posted:

There's no guarantee Best Jeanist is dead, unless I missed something.

Edit: Fixed my tags.

Well, he might not be dead, but he looks like he got his midsection carved out there, plus there's the blood in the subsequent panel. Also All For One's talk about his quirk not suiting Shigaraki or whatever makes it sound like he isn't bothering to steal it (despite the earlier line where it sounded like he used it; I'm pretty sure that's a mistranslation), which fits Jeanist being dead but not him just being knocked out to be dealt with however they see fit later. He could still be alive, but, I don't think it's looking good.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It doesn't suit him because after he takes over the world having that quirk would force any underground rebellion to become nudist beach.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh, mostly unrelated but sort of relevant anyway: Apparently the "Best Jeanist Award" is an actual thing in Japan. There's a Japan Jeans Association that rewards people who promote the sale of jeans in the country. So, Best Jeanist winning the Best Jeanist Award for however many years isn't him being an egomaniac awarding himself something he made or whatever (like I originally assumed), it's a real thing that he's named after. Turns out you can learn a lot by Googling a single word.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Great googly moogly everything's going to poo poo.

Also, good on Iida and Momo for actually doing what they said they were coming along to do. Deku and Kirishima would be paste right now otherwise.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I still expect Deku to get involved at some point before this is all over through.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Add me to the camp of folks who think that having Bakugou yell "gently caress" every other word is a bit repetitive and tone-deaf. I think there's ways to make him sound angry and crass without overusing "gently caress" all the time. It's a kid's/teen-rated comic, it should be localized like one.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Have him say frick like SammyClassicSonicFan.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm a little surprised that it seems like All for One is capable of going directly against All Might in a physical contest (at least judging from him blocking All Might's attack with his hands). I had assumed his strength was more from having access to a million different quirks, whereas if he has raw physical strength equal to All Might then it seems like he's just much better in every way. Maybe he's able to block him due to having access to the same shock absorption quirk that one Noumu had.

It's looking like one of two things will happen here: Either this will end up being All Might's "Last Stand", or All for One will escape with the rest of his underlings. I'll actually be a little surprised if it's the former, because it feels a little early in Deku's personal development for his primary adult support figure to disappear. I would have imagined that this wouldn't happen until Deku had at least more or less solved the "destroys himself while fighting" problem.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Looking at the panel layout around the really weirdly translated bit, I think All For One was congratulating Best Jeanist on using his quirk to prevent all his allies from dying instantly to his attack, and then he took out Best Jeanist so he couldn't do that again. He did not take Jeanist's quirk because it was too complicated to be useful to him - neither Shigaraki nor the Noumus could use a complicated quirk like his with any effectiveness. Jeanist is probably dead but might survive this due to the super medical science this world has - All Might survived with no stomach or lungs, if you'll remember, so getting so brutally destroyed may only be career ending instead of fatal.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

Add me to the camp of folks who think that having Bakugou yell "gently caress" every other word is a bit repetitive and tone-deaf. I think there's ways to make him sound angry and crass without overusing "gently caress" all the time. It's a kid's/teen-rated comic, it should be localized like one.

Dumbass would be more his speed, I think.

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
I figure All Mights strength was superior to All For Ones back in his prime, but after however many years of missing vital organs he's been brought closer or below All For Ones level

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Ytlaya posted:

It's looking like one of two things will happen here: Either this will end up being All Might's "Last Stand", or All for One will escape with the rest of his underlings. I'll actually be a little surprised if it's the former, because it feels a little early in Deku's personal development for his primary adult support figure to disappear. I would have imagined that this wouldn't happen until Deku had at least more or less solved the "destroys himself while fighting" problem.[/spoiler]

He already has overcome that problem. When he fought Stain, he only suffered damage on his last attack because he let his focus slip. From now on, it's just a matter of time until he can handle 100% smashes without breaking his body. It's not a question of technique, but physical prowess.

Also, what better way to celebrate the 100-chapter milestone?

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 3, 2016

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Vengarr posted:

He already has overcome that problem. When he fought Stain, he only suffered damage on his last attack because he let his focus slip. From now on, it's just a matter of time until he can handle 100% smashes without breaking his body. It's not a question of technique, but physical prowess.

Speaking of which, how in the world could Deku's progress be convincingly and satisfying exhibiting beyond this point? As you said, at this point it's mostly a matter of him going from being able to use 5% (or whatever) of One for All to 100% without breaking his body, which seems like it would be a rather linear process. I'm not sure how he can show noticeable growth between battles without significant time skips if this is the case.

One angle they could take is Deku figuring out how to manifest the boosts to durability and speed that All Might seems to benefit from.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Ytlaya posted:

Speaking of which, how in the world could Deku's progress be convincingly and satisfying exhibiting beyond this point? As you said, at this point it's mostly a matter of him going from being able to use 5% (or whatever) of One for All to 100% without breaking his body, which seems like it would be a rather linear process. I'm not sure how he can show noticeable growth between battles without significant time skips if this is the case.

One angle they could take is Deku figuring out how to manifest the boosts to durability and speed that All Might seems to benefit from.
That's probably what will happen really. The whole thing about using his power is the "image" in his head that he applies to use it. He'll have an epiphany on how to use it more effectively again and go up a bit in strength and become more tanky.

Considering how powerful All Might is when he's nearly dead, Midoriya going from what he thinks is 5% to even 10% is huge.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Midoriya will start training while using All Might's power and he'll be fridge juggling his way into using more of his quirk at once.

Also he's going to be totally loving shredded too.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

At some point before he dies or completely runs out of power, I want All Might to team up with Deku for at least one fight. I bet fighting crime with All Might would be the happiest moment in Deku's life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Mirage posted: