Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

KillHour posted:

I base all my decisions on which shady fly by night company to apply to first on who has the lower amount of posts in the various IT bitching threads. It's like a more honest glass door.

Where do I rank?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm broke and out of work. I need a job with immediacy.

My experience: 4 years Linux sysadmin and support, specifically CentOS with InterWorx, but flexible. Networking and server installation experience, 5 years. Some VMWare knowledge, 6 months Windows Server administration experience. Have done an awful lot of non-phone remote support.
What I'm looking for: Midlevel Linux support, datacenter work, hosting work, anything along those lines.
What I'm NOT looking for: Coding, anything involving lifting heavy objects over a long distance - Heart condition.
Where I live: Pittsburgh, PA
Where I'm looking: Same as above.
When I can start: Immediately, but flexible.
Requirements: Full Time, Health Insurance. Positive challenging work environment.
Can be reached via: PM or email, rfb AT 7storm.org.

owDAWG
May 18, 2008
The more I read about Silicon Valley and its culture of less than stellar pay, long hours(masking it with BS perks), in high cost of living areas it almost doesn't seem worth it. Granted the programming platforms would be pretty interesting to work with but it seems to me the only people that come out ahead are the ground level managers and the VC's IF they get bought out.

I guess I am spoiled with my 24 days vacation and getting paid hourly with 40 hours minimum in a low cost of living area.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Working in Silicon Valley is worth it only if you're in programming or banking/finance. For everyone else, wages haven't kept up with the skyrocketing cost of living. Sure, you can commute, but you better love long commutes.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Exit Strategy posted:

I'm broke and out of work. I need a job with immediacy.

My experience: 4 years Linux sysadmin and support, specifically CentOS with InterWorx, but flexible. Networking and server installation experience, 5 years. Some VMWare knowledge, 6 months Windows Server administration experience. Have done an awful lot of non-phone remote support.
What I'm looking for: Midlevel Linux support, datacenter work, hosting work, anything along those lines.
What I'm NOT looking for: Coding, anything involving lifting heavy objects over a long distance - Heart condition.
Where I live: Pittsburgh, PA
Where I'm looking: Same as above.
When I can start: Immediately, but flexible.
Requirements: Full Time, Health Insurance. Positive challenging work environment.
Can be reached via: PM or email, rfb AT 7storm.org.

If you want to move to NYC we are looking for something like this, but it's a big ask.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
My experience: IT Support for a school and a private company, coding in C++, Objective C, Linux, Family IT Support
What I'm looking for: Jr. System/Network Administration, Windows or Linux (or both!).
Linux, Helpdesk, someplace where I can get some experience, I've been working in healthcare trying to become a nurse, but I'm going to take a break and work for at least 8 months full time. I have another year and a half to go I do have a B.A. in CS and I am a fast learner. Also I may have a security clearance
What I'm NOT looking for: Something that requires 3/5+ years and multiple certifications.
Where I live: Hackensack, NJ area(can relocate)
Where I'm looking: New York, NY, San Diego, CA and Germany
When I can start: ASAP I already have full time work on nights and weekends that won't conflict
Requirements: Full time pay, opportunity to move up and learn new skills. I have health/dental
Can be reached via: PM, jdbeddoe at the googlemail

Dream Weaver fucked around with this message at 02:49 on May 3, 2016

FuriousAngle
May 14, 2006

See your face upon the clean water. How dirty! Come! Wash your face!
Tossing my information out again since I'm looking more intensely for a job.

My Experience: 10+ years in customer service experience, almost 3 years in phone-related troubleshooting and technical support, experience in HTML, CSS, Javascript, and Visual Basic 6 (Yeah, my current job actually uses it). I'm currently working at a print vendor as a customer/technical support role that combines dealing with upset customers, programming, and small levels of graphic design.

I've got a BA in Psychology with a minor in Sociology but I have an A+ certification and I'm willing to get more certs. I'm great at working under supervision, on my own, or even supervising others. I can get along with others very well and pick things up pretty quickly.

What I'm looking for: Something near entry level, either software or hardware related since I have an aptitude in both but don't excel in either just yet. Anything that will help me build skills I need to keep progressing. I'd love something that could train me to be better than I am right now. An IT position with advancement options would be great.

What I'm NOT looking for: A dead-end job, sales, or anything I'm HOPELESSLY under-qualified for.

Where I live: Lilburn, GA (near Stone Mountain, GA)

Where I'm looking: The metro Atlanta area, preferrably the northeast side of the perimeter. If it's a good enough job I won't complain, though. Currently I have a 60-90 minute commute to Alpharetta. Ideally I'd like to drive less.

When I can start: I'd like to give a two week's notice, a little more if at all possible. I really like my co-workers and company, and would love to give them a bit of time to hire and train someone to replace me.

Requirements: Must be in the metro Atlanta area and must pay in the $40-50k/year range.

Can be reached via: PM or erion42@gmail.com

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Currently looking for any job related to entry-lvl IT skills

My Experience:
3-5 years of troubleshooting and maintaining PCs for a small business. Experienced with HTML/CSS & Javascript. Experienced customer service representative. Built and maintained sites for local companies.

I'm working my certs but lack funding atm. Also I want to gain more work place exp in the meantime.

What I'm looking for: Desktop Support/Tier 1 support. Entry-level would be great.

What I'm NOT looking for: Call center

Where I live: NYC

Where I'm looking: NYC and some parts of NJ. I don't have a car though.

When I can start: Immediately

Requirements: Full-time/contract

Can be reached via: PM for complete resume

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

White Chocolate posted:

My experience: IT Support for a school and a private company, coding in C++, Objective C, Linux, Family IT Support
What I'm looking for: Jr. System/Network Administration, Windows or Linux (or both!).
Linux, Helpdesk, someplace where I can get some experience, I've been working in healthcare trying to become a nurse, but I'm going to take a break and work for at least 8 months full time. I have another year and a half to go I do have a B.A. in CS and I am a fast learner. Also I may have a security clearance
What I'm NOT looking for: Something that requires 3/5+ years and multiple certifications.
Where I live: Hackensack, NJ area(can relocate)
Where I'm looking: New York, NY, San Diego, CA and Germany
When I can start: ASAP I already have full time work on nights and weekends that won't conflict
Requirements: Full time pay, opportunity to move up and learn new skills. I have health/dental
Can be reached via: PM, jdbeddoe at the googlemail

PMed. My company in NYC is looking for someone with linux experience that is familiar with Linux, Networking, and VM concepts.

Beemo
Feb 20, 2011
JOB POSTING

Who are we looking for?
Our company is looking to employ a senior developer who is highly motivated, within travelling distance and has the skills listed below.

Who are we?
We are a tech finance company that are developing two seperate online platforms. Our main service makes it easier for retailers to offer finance to customers, and it is this platform that we are hiring for. We are a small but dedicated team, with substantial experience within the industry, and we are currently developing v1.2 of our primary service.

Where are we?
We are based in Manchester, UK.
It would be a requirement for you to be present at the office at least 3 times, most weeks.
So if you live outside transport distance, it is not worth applying.

Job responsibilities?:
Though the job will vary depending on your skillset, the primary roles include:
-Database architecture development, we use mysql databases.
-Interface design.
-Software development of the online service built with php.
-Development of local applications.
-Server stack development including the email server.
-Technological research.

When?
The job position is open now, and after evaluation of your application we will set up a face to face meeting.

Skills?:

Essential-
Must be fluent in javascript, hmtl, css, php, sql, as well as common transactional language such as xml.
Must have at least 10 years proffesional working experince in web/application development.
Must be comfortable working with other programmers.
Confident pitching and sharing ideas.

Bonus-
Experience designing large database systems.
Experience working with credit reference agencies, such as xperion.
Able to write best of class documentation.
Experience working with e-commerce systems, such as magento.
Other programming languages such as python, ruby, c#.

Benefits include:
No limit on wage.
Potential share options.
High end, company provided computer.
Flexible working hours and remote working allowed when possible.

Contact?
No pm's, but you can reach us at Luke@dforge.co

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Beemo posted:

No limit on wage.

Fantastic. I will happily relocate myself within travelling distance. My wage requirements are a mere 5,000,000 GBP/year.

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

H110Hawk posted:

Want to be part of the problem that number next to your ad blocker? OpenX is hiring positions largely across the board, however no "Office IT" positions. Software developers for Data (Yes, "Big Data", I'm sorry) are in biggest demand, but all of the positions are for immediate hire. If you are gods gift to Javascript performance, profiling, and development please speak up. This includes both managerial and individual contributor roles. One thing which sets us apart is you do not have to be forced into people management to progress your career.

This is the recruiting site which lists them all, principally we're looking in Pasadena, CA and Menlo Park, CA. Relocation is available for the correct candidates. If you want to apply I would appreciate it if you went through me so I can get the referral bonus: http://openx.com/open-positions/ (Turn off your ad blocker for a moment or the jobs won't load.)

I work on the SRE team and have been here for well over 6 years. It's a good place to work. The usual benefits apply. Our healthcare seems to be very top notch for very little money out of pocket each month on premiums. We haven't had a premium increase in the entire time I've worked here and the coverage has improved in that period of time.

Overall we're looking for sharp candidates who understand how their piece plays in a very large scale environment.

I will circular your resume if you put "DevOps" anywhere on it. :v:

Hey Hawk,
I don't have PM so I am just replying here. I looked at the positions offered and think that I might be a fit for the skills, but I have much less experience than is being asked for. 1 Year instead of 5. Would your company be interested in hiring someone less experienced if they can demonstrate good skills/knowledge? I've spent about a year working on a LAMP stack for a company that does corporate training solutions. I have done extensive coding in Javascript, PHP, CSS, and HTML. I am also familiar with Java and Python. I am currently working on a side-project in .NET to expand my skill set to the Microsoft lovers club as well.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

twig1919 posted:

Hey Hawk,
I don't have PM so I am just replying here. I looked at the positions offered and think that I might be a fit for the skills, but I have much less experience than is being asked for. 1 Year instead of 5. Would your company be interested in hiring someone less experienced if they can demonstrate good skills/knowledge? I've spent about a year working on a LAMP stack for a company that does corporate training solutions. I have done extensive coding in Javascript, PHP, CSS, and HTML. I am also familiar with Java and Python. I am currently working on a side-project in .NET to expand my skill set to the Microsoft lovers club as well.

Doesn't hurt to apply. Send your resume to sa@hawknetworks.com and the job req you're interested in applying for and I will put it in.

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

H110Hawk posted:

Doesn't hurt to apply. Send your resume to sa@hawknetworks.com and the job req you're interested in applying for and I will put it in.

Ok thanks! I am currently working on re-doing my resume for the next couple days. Once I get it more to my satisfaction I am going to send it to you.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Job Seeker

My Experience:
Self-taught web developer. Experience creating/building/maintaining a web application. Have used and wrote an API. Have coded own MVC using raw JS. Experience with PHP and MySQL.
Been using a computer since the 90's, but first time seeking programming work.

My website/portfolio is here, love any advice on this in general.

What I'm looking for:
Ideally an entry full-stack position where I can learn from peers and get better, but open to many things.

What I'm NOT looking for:
Playing poker again.

Where I live:
NYC

Where I'm looking:
Manhattan/BK.

When I can start:
Immediately

Requirements:
Full-time/contract

Can be reached via:
PM or link above has resume and porfolio.

I moved to NYC 2.5 years ago and been learning web development for a new career. I was a product manager at a system builder, then got into poker during the boom. I learned my lessons and training in that world and am looking forward to something steady now. I learned a lot of things just being hands-on and building stuff, I'm very hungry to get good at this and help my employer.

HKS fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 4, 2017

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

You better love planning poker!

:suicide:

(Planning poker)

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

HKS posted:

Job Seeker

My Experience:
Self-taught web developer. Experience creating/building/maintaining a web application. Have used and wrote an API. Have coded own MVC using raw JS. Experience with PHP and MySQL.
Been using a computer since the 90's, but first time seeking programming work.

My website/portfolio is here, love any advice on this in general.

What I'm looking for:
Ideally an entry full-stack position where I can learn from peers and get better, but open to many things.

Playing poker again.

Where I live:
NYC

Where I'm looking:
Manhattan/BK.

When I can start:
Immediately

Requirements:
Full-time/contract

Can be reached via:
PM or link above has resume and porfolio.

I moved to NYC 2.5 years ago and been learning web development for a new career. I was a product manager at a system builder, then got into poker during the boom. I learned my lessons and training in that world and am looking forward to something steady now. I learned a lot of things just being hands-on and building stuff, I'm very hungry to get good at this and help my employer.

We're hiring people with your skills, but man 8 years of playing poker with a 3 year professional hiatus? I don't know if I can send this the hiring manager. Do you have a more professional resume with traditional job experience? Did you contract during those 8 years at all?

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Hi Jerkface,

In short no. But I managed my poker playing like a business. I have databases on databases of my career. I feel like I learned things during those years that were exceptional.

Post poker, I went on a meditative seclusion (lol) and learned hmm...universal practices that made me a different person today, that's going to be hard to package as well.

I did not contract any work during those times, but I have plenty of references (from Daniel Negreanu? or the big man today Jason Sommerville.)

There's an ESPN article with my name on it that we did which was advanced for it's time, we also made a documentary together later.

I can definitely lengthen the poker part of my resume to include real things that we did, we didn't just gamble like dumbos and I should get that across.

ice-skating uphill here but I can prepare a better resume, pretty new at this!

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Hopefully it's not too off-topic but did you leave poker? Do you still play as a side-gig or for fun?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Jerk McJerkface posted:

We're hiring people with your skills, but man 8 years of playing poker with a 3 year professional hiatus? I don't know if I can send this the hiring manager. Do you have a more professional resume with traditional job experience? Did you contract during those 8 years at all?

I'm not sure why the stuff he did over the past 8 years is even relevant when he is seeking an entry-level developer position, but hey, to each his own.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Tab8715 posted:

Hopefully it's not too off-topic but did you leave poker? Do you still play as a side-gig or for fun?

Yes I left completely. I still keep in touch with the people but I haven't played. I still like the game I just don't like to do things unless I can do them fully.

For fun sure, I'd definitely play office/home games if the opportunity comes.

And yea I knew the work history would kind of be a thing to tackle, I don't mind the questions and it helps me find a way to make it work because I believe I spent those years fruitfully.

I know I'm taking a chance here, so yes talk to me and take your chance!

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

HKS posted:

If he hadn't just landed a record salary, I'd swear you were Haseeb Qureshi.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

HKS posted:

Yes I left completely. I still keep in touch with the people but I haven't played. I still like the game I just don't like to do things unless I can do them fully.

For fun sure, I'd definitely play office/home games if the opportunity comes.

And yea I knew the work history would kind of be a thing to tackle, I don't mind the questions and it helps me find a way to make it work because I believe I spent those years fruitfully.

I'll shoot,

1. Why leave?
2. Will the boom ever come back?
3. Is it even worthwhile to play poker full-time or as a side gig?

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

1. I left because I was done being competitive. I cultivated a sort of cold-bloodedness required and didn't like myself. I wanted to feel again.

2. The boom will likely come back. I think it's starting to on twitch, and generally things being live streamed. Online poker being easy and legal to use will help a lot.

3. The way I see it you have 3 options to play full time and do well right now as an American:

a. be willing to travel all year and play tournaments.
b. play midstakes online at some gray area sites or in legal states, but you have to be pretty good.
c. play live cash games, but this is a tough freaking life.

side job? yea just be good and win at your local card room, every hour you spend there theoretically makes you money.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

MrKatharsis posted:

If he hadn't just landed a record salary, I'd swear you were Haseeb Qureshi.

I don't know who that guy is but imma take it as a compliment :D

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
The most important question: You're playing a friendly office game of poker with a fellow IT guy, your boss, a receptionist, and the CEO. Who do you let win, including yourself?

Hammers
Feb 13, 2012

psssSSSSSSHHHHHHH TOOTOOTootootoo
Job Seeker

My Experience:
Two years of data center tech experience (rack and stack, inventory management, troubleshooting, and the like) as well as a year in the Google NOC (contractor) troubleshooting peering and network issues. Have taken CCNA courses but never took the test. I use Goobuntu and OSX every day at work and hope to earn my LPIC-1 certification this year.

What I'm looking for:
Jr Sys Admin or Data Center Tech 2

Entry-level data center position where i'd just be running cables and racking poo poo all day.

Where I live:
San Jose, CA

Where I'm looking:
PNW (Portland, Seattle, etc)

When I can start:
Need 1 month to leave my current job and find housing

Requirements:
Full benefits and 401k, tuition reimbursement is a plus

Can be reached via:
PM me here or rsldvr at gmail

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Hammers posted:

Job Seeker

My Experience:
Two years of data center tech experience (rack and stack, inventory management, troubleshooting, and the like) as well as a year in the Google NOC (contractor) troubleshooting peering and network issues. Have taken CCNA courses but never took the test. I use Goobuntu and OSX every day at work and hope to earn my LPIC-1 certification this year.

What I'm looking for:
Jr Sys Admin or Data Center Tech 2

Entry-level data center position where i'd just be running cables and racking poo poo all day.

Where I live:
San Jose, CA

Where I'm looking:
PNW (Portland, Seattle, etc)

When I can start:
Need 1 month to leave my current job and find housing

Requirements:
Full benefits and 401k, tuition reimbursement is a plus

Can be reached via:
PM me here or rsldvr at gmail

If you want to stick around San Jose, I can probably put your name in at my company for tier 1 tech support for a major networking appliance manufacturer. You wouldn't touch cables or racks, but you'd be knee deep in network troubleshooting and Linux command lines.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
JOB SEEKER

I've done .NET full stack for about 4 years. If I had to pick between front or back end I prefer the server side of things. I'm quite fine moving to another stack if anyone wants to hire across platforms.

Experience: Just under 4 years of full stack .NET web experience, with a few blissful months as back end only. C# (and VB.NET), Entity Framework, T-SQL, Razor and even ASP forms! Oh, and of course React, AngularJS, KnockoutJS, (twitter?)bootstrap and jQuery. I've been the build guy, complete with "hey this merge went bad and you're the go-to!" and teaching the whole team how git works using Wei Wang's d3 git visualizer.

I've done agile with a cohesive team and a good leader, and self directed development by myself. I've also done "agilefall" with a micromanaging PM, among other things. I've even worked remote! I'm pretty flexible with my work environment.

I think the most interesting thing I've done was when I moved a team from TFS to git, setup TeamCity, and taught everyone how git works, being their oh-poo poo button if a merge went wrong.

What I'm looking for: Full Stack or back end focused .NET would be the best fit for my experience, but I'd really like to break into another stack. I'm also interested in build automation/devops if the opportunity is there.

What I'm NOT looking for: Heart-of-gold dev shops.

Where I live: Denver, CO by the 21st

Where I’m looking: Denver, CO.

When I can start: June 21st; remote immediately.

Requirements: Full time, benefits, market salary; contract positions with competitive rates.

Contact: PM me or c_harmon@hotmail.com. I have a linkedin, stackoverflow careers page, and of course a resume I'll happily send along.

Space Whale fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 8, 2016

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

HKS posted:

1. I left because I was done being competitive. I cultivated a sort of cold-bloodedness required and didn't like myself. I wanted to feel again.

2. The boom will likely come back. I think it's starting to on twitch, and generally things being live streamed. Online poker being easy and legal to use will help a lot.

3. The way I see it you have 3 options to play full time and do well right now as an American:

a. be willing to travel all year and play tournaments.
b. play midstakes online at some gray area sites or in legal states, but you have to be pretty good.
c. play live cash games, but this is a tough freaking life.

side job? yea just be good and win at your local card room, every hour you spend there theoretically makes you money.

Follow-up,

1. What exactly did you cultivate or didn't like?
2. Why did you include "theoretically" with describing poker as a side-job? Is this an unrealistic expectation?

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

1. I worked on not letting tilt or negative emotions effect my play so I could continue to play well during bad downswings - combined with playing live and not letting my emotions show, over time it deadened how I was feeling about everything. It may not be completely due to poker but it certainly didn't help.

2. In the short run, you may not reach the actual dollars given by your theoretical win rate, and playing live is very short run. I don't advise it because you're basically just gambling. It's fine as a hobby but I wouldn't want to need the money from this venture.

A live player that plays 20 hours a week on the weekends (a lot) may get about 10,000 hands a year. An online player can do that in a couple days. The experience gained from each hand notwithstanding, playing live is just too small of a sample size to realize your returns.

Also I'd be happy to take this over to PMs I don't want to clutter up the thread with poker talk.

HKS fucked around with this message at 09:28 on May 26, 2016

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Do an Ask/Tell thread.

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.
It might be worth looking into casino gaming stuff if you'd be willing to move to LV. I moved from online poker to programming for a casino gaming company where my poker history was a big plus in the interview. It's a bit of a crap shoot as to whether a regular hiring person will see it as a plus or a minus in other industries. Also I cannot honestly recommend the casino industry long term. Most coders in gaming hate their lives and get paid nothing compared to the people who are willing to move next door to CA.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Do an Ask/Tell thread.

This, please do. I'd certainly be interested, and I can't be the only one.

DrewkroDleman
May 17, 2008

SHAME.
JOB SEEKER

Due to personal reasons, I am starting to have a look at the current job market back home in North America with the intent to move back in the coming year.

Experience: I have over four years experience within an Enterprise Architecture team of an energy trading company with various levels of responsibility (starting out as a Masters student worker [read: part-time], through an IT Trainee program, as stepping stones to my current full-time position as a Solution Architect.

My tasks during this time ranged from managing my team's work within the Energy Company's group-wide Enterprise Architecture Management tool (iteraplan), support the Architecture decision process within our project approval process, act as the Domain Architect for a few wholesale and trading domains, and most recently spearhead my company's first foray into the cloud computing domain by running a number of Proof-of-Concepts as well as designed the first couple of Solution Architectures based on Microsoft Azure where I continue to act as the resident expert on Microsoft Azure solutions for a number of ongoing projects.

Other experience during my time as an IT Trainee include working with WSO2 to design a prototype for using middleware as a Master Data Management tool as well as provide strategic input into our energy trading reporting landscape.

Furthermore, I am a certified TOGAF professional and will achieve my "MCSD: Azure Solutions Architect" certification later this year.

I hold Masters of Science degree in Information Systems from a German university.

What I'm looking for: I am looking to continue my career as a Cloud Solutions Architect and I am willing to take side-steps career-wise so long as it leads back to my desired career path.

What I'm NOT looking for: Let's talk before I rule out anything.

Where I live: I currently live in Düsseldorf, Germany.

Where I’m looking: Anywhere in North America with a preference for Canada and more specifically Toronto. (I guess I should specify that I have an American passport).

When I can start: Within 3 months of an offer.

Requirements: Full time, benefits, market salary.

Contact: PM me or shoot an email to andsmit9@gmail.com for requesting my Linkedin or resume.

DrewkroDleman fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 27, 2016

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
JOB POSTING

Who are we looking for?
I am leaving my position as a contractor for career advancement and am looking to help fill the spot for the group. The title is "Senior Wireless Engineer" but it is really a senior network engineer role in a service provider wifi department.

Who are we?
Cablevision is the client, I work as a W2 contractor for a firm who bills out to Cablevision. You will be working for the same firm. Cablevision has the largest SP Wifi deployment in the world, with 136,000 Cisco Indoor/Outdoor AP's and 1.3 Million "home as a hotspot" AP's (not cisco) which broadcast the same SSID, all of these AP's allow clients to roam to each other through a converged network. You will be primarily supporting that converged network. It's a great group of guys, a great boss and awesome technology, the only pitfall is it's big business so sometimes things go slow, or they go way too fast because no one knows what the hell is going on and they wasted a lot of time waiting for someone to step up and actually do something.

Where are we?
Long Island, NY - Not a remote opportunity

Job responsibilities?:
(Simplified)

Configure, install, and support SP Networking equipment. We run a lot of ASR9922 / ASR9010 / ASR1013 (for carrier grade NAT) in our core, along with 7600's in our legacy modules. We also have a lot of Nexus 3k's and Nexus 7k's. All of our AP's backhaul to Cisco 8510 and 8540 wireless controllers. Our current project is turning all of our 120Gb etherchannels into 100Gb single interfaces and some other cool stuff but I'm under NDA for that.

We have Cisco Advanced Services on site and a weekly discussion with Cisco HTTS for any of the frequent crash/bug cases that are opened on our equipment. You will have to work with them uploading logs/tracebacks/troubleshooting. We also received about 900 splunk alarms per day that need to be looked at to make sure it's not all white noise.

When?
The job will be available in two weeks but they want to start interviewing ASAP

Skills?:

Essential-
CCNP level skillset with IOS (Basically 8 - 10 years exp)
Wireless controller experience

Bonus-
IOS-XE exp
IOS-XR exp
MP-BGP exp
Programming experience in python/php
Experience with SevOne/Splunk/NetScout/Fluke

Benefits include:
Contractor so lol. You are a W2 contractor though which includes some expensive rear end medical.
Equal or higher than city wages without having to work in the city. I have a 10 minute commute and make more than I ever would have in Manhattan
Not a benefit to you per se but this department has a really large budget because they are "all in" on wifi, we are usually on the bleeding edge of wifi tech and sometimes R&S tech. We were the first order of ASR1013 100Gb cards, and we are constantly updating/upgrading to support the scale this network is.
The contractors have indefinite contracts, you would only really lose it if you were bad at your job.

Contact?
PM me resume if interested

Sepist fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 27, 2016

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

JOB POSTING

Who are we looking for?
Lots of different people. The positions we're currently looking for are: Research / Senior Research Engineer, DevOps Engineer, UI/UX Designer, Software Solutions Engineer, Javascript Application Engineer, and Java Engineer. Highest priority seems to be finding whiz-bang Java people right now.

Who are we?
We're a software company whose flagship product converts stupidly huge amounts of data from things like relational databases into semantic web-ready graph databases. We've been around since 2008, and business is picking up extremely quickly over the last year or two.

Where are we?
Boston, MA.

Job responsibilities?
Can't really say, considering how many different positions we're hiring for. You'll either fall in with the engineering, dev ops, or solutions (client-facing) teams.

When?
Immediately. We're hiring pretty aggressively right now.

Skills?
Various - for the Java engineer position, for example:
Server-side Java application development experience
Experience with Hadoop, Apache Spark, MapReduce, and Scala
Semantic web technologies will give you an edge (RDF, OWL, SPARQL)

Benefits include:
Unlimited vacation (no, seriously). Medical / vision / dental, flex account, stock options. Beer in the fridge, pool table, comfy couches, etc.

Contact?
No pm - send a note and a resume my way at ian at cambridgesemantics dot com

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

Hello Goons, Guitar Center is now hiring for a bunch of positions. It's a pretty great company to work for, people are nice, good benefits etc. I won't really be checking this thread that often but you can PM me if you have any questions.

Manager, UNIX Systems (Westlake Village, CA):
https://guitarcenter-careers.silkro...er=993682&aid=1

Dynamics AIX Developer (Westlake Village, CA):
https://guitarcenter-careers.silkro...417&startflag=3

Software Build & Release Engineer (Westlake Village, CA):

Front End Web Developer (Westlake Village, CA): https://guitarcenter-careers.silkro...417&startflag=3

Sr. Enterprise Information System Analyst (Westlake Village, CA): https://guitarcenter-careers.silkro...417&startflag=3

Project Manager I – Music & Arts Division of Guitar Center (Frederick, MD):

Recruiter email: Tammy.Pinkston@guitarcenter.com

bad news bareback fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jun 3, 2016

the real blah
Oct 31, 2010
JOB SEEKER

My experience: 3 years at network/internet service providers supporting HSI, T1 DIA and P2P, MPLS, Switched Ethernet Services, etc. I started with repair/NOC roles and moved into provisioning/engineering, working with a nationwide network infrastructure. I have a CCNA R/S and am working towards a CCNP.

What I'm looking for: Mid-level network engineering. As I said most of my experience is in ISP, but I would be interested in the Data Center space as well.

What I'm NOT looking for: Call center; First line help desk; A position that is primarily repair focused.

Where I live: Rochester, NY

Where I'm looking: Most anywhere in the US. I'd prefer VA/MD, and would prefer to leave Rochester, but that would not be a deal breaker.

When I can start: I would need to provide notice and make plans to move, but fairly quickly.

Requirements: Full Time, No contract, Health Insurance, 401K match, at least 2 weeks vacation to start. An environment that encourages and rewards continuing training and certification.

Can be reached via: PM or eth at smpolymen dot com

the real blah fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jun 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

If you're down to relocate to MD/VA (I know you said you're considering it), I might have a position for you.