Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Lp9 is tier 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/radiohead/status/727362662506594306

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

It's a twitterbird.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Posted at dawn.

It's happening.gif?

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
i want to go to bed but now there might be new radiohead

gently caress is it happening or not

i want to be confused and mildly disappointed by the next style change and then slowly grow to really love it god dammit

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

One day I found out that my urine was acting like a powerful foaming agent.
Early bird gets the worm. Birds of a feather flock together. Bird brained. Don't count your chickens before they're hatched. Free as a bird. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. The bird has flown. Bird off the ground. What a rare bird. A bird in a gilded cage. Naked as jaybird. Like a box of birds. Sitting in the catbird seat. That's for the birds. Flit around like a little bird. You couldn't pull a pint, never mind a bird. A wet bird never flies at night. Bird's-eye view. Looks like a black cat with a red bird in its mouth. Four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie. It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds. No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings. A little bird told me.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Skeletron posted:

Early bird gets the worm. Birds of a feather flock together. Bird brained. Don't count your chickens before they're hatched. Free as a bird. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. The bird has flown. Bird off the ground. What a rare bird. A bird in a gilded cage. Naked as jaybird. Like a box of birds. Sitting in the catbird seat. That's for the birds. Flit around like a little bird. You couldn't pull a pint, never mind a bird. A wet bird never flies at night. Bird's-eye view. Looks like a black cat with a red bird in its mouth. Four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie. It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds. No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings. A little bird told me.

I like birds

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Put a bird on it!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Hedrigall posted:

Put a bird on it!

Let me tell you about my hometown...

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Don't hurt me
Don't hurt me

Corvo
Feb 5, 2015

Princeps32 posted:

i want to go to bed but now there might be new radiohead

gently caress is it happening or not

i want to be confused and mildly disappointed by the next style change and then slowly grow to really love it god dammit

They're probably gonna run a month-long PR campaign on social media since all this started on May 1st and the manager guy let slip that the album was apparently planned to release in June.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Just sleep, you've waited long enough :)

Burn the witch

ZoDiAC_ fucked around with this message at 09:10 on May 3, 2016

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Skeletron posted:

Sounds like Phil's second album

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang
Is that bird animation from an existing thing or is it something they've had made? It's familiar in a Trumpton / Smallfilms kinda way but can't place it. Hoping they do a video in that style and without a cheesy ending for once. I'm looking at you, There There (OMG I'm a tree).

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Corvo posted:

They're probably gonna run a month-long PR campaign on social media since all this started on May 1st and the manager guy let slip that the album was apparently planned to release in June.
May Fool's :haw:

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

And, of course, when Thom goes to sleep, All his friends go to sleep too. The band were ornaments on the mouse organ. And Professor Nigel was a carved, wooden bookend in the shape of a woodpecker.

Edit : five more years til lp10

ZoDiAC_ fucked around with this message at 09:52 on May 3, 2016

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

ZoDiAC_ posted:

And, of course, when Thom goes to sleep, All his friends go to sleep too. The band were ornaments on the mouse organ. And Professor Nigel was a carved, wooden bookend in the shape of a woodpecker.

Edit : five more years til lp10

Are you snorting mail order Chinese drugs again?

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
Radiohead has been my favorite band since The Bends came out when I was like 11. So, two days ago when they deleted everything, I deleted every image and every post I've ever done on facebook and changed my profile pic to just a white square.

Not a single one of my facebook friends noticed.

gently caress it, LP9 is coming, I don't need friends.

AARO fucked around with this message at 11:33 on May 3, 2016

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Bagpuss Thom, you don't need hard drugs to imagine that! (though they help)

OK so Radiohead.com now has a redirect to Dead Air Space... Which is still blank, but is their news blog, or was anyway before Thom logged into WordPress and deleted the current theme

Where does the bird video rank in Radiohead's music videos? It's no Street Spirit.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

olin posted:

Radiohead has been my favorite band since The Bends came out when I was like 11. So, two days ago when they deleted everything, I deleted every image and every post I've ever done on facebook and changed my profile pic to just a white square.

Not a single one of my facebook friends noticed.

gently caress it, LP9 is coming, I don't need friends.

You could have just waited and bought a t shirt.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
this video has been popping up on deadairspace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMIQiZgvKn0

and this picture

AARO fucked around with this message at 11:43 on May 3, 2016

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Funyarinpa?

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
lmao new video playing now http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Ooh new music.. and image

Just a loop, quick strings

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
im getting ever monks surrounding a woman tied to a tree

oh it was another intsagram post

https://www.instagram.com/p/BE8VGcuKyvA/embed/?v=6

AARO fucked around with this message at 12:20 on May 3, 2016

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Burn the Witch

Imgur isn't reliable anymore btw use postimage

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

You can pan left and right to see more!

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

On Windows anyway click at the bottom, scroll left to right, birdy is the first image

It has a few zoomins of existing pics too, not interesting enough to capture

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Eh works better in Instragram, there is Javascript just embedding Instagram on DeadAirSpace

Click it on DeadAirSpace for full animation, scroll right, click again, two sound loops, one is strings, one is the bird

ZoDiAC_ fucked around with this message at 12:55 on May 3, 2016

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Tenterhooks posted:

Is that bird animation from an existing thing or is it something they've had made? It's familiar in a Trumpton / Smallfilms kinda way but can't place it. Hoping they do a video in that style and without a cheesy ending for once. I'm looking at you, There There (OMG I'm a tree).

Original but you got it with Trumpton, it's very very much like the style of...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MN0BXuXIa8
Camberwick Green,
The design of people and general look

http://singasongofsixpence.com/ has the embossed bear logo:

ZoDiAC_ fucked around with this message at 13:12 on May 3, 2016

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Camberwick Green,
The design of people and general look

Yeah, it's really cool - Camberwickerman Green. They've even got the slightly-too-long pauses right. I wonder if they approached any of the original Trumptonshire people about it? I imagine they're all pretty old by now but if they could get hold of original sets or cameras or something, that'd be awesome. I know they reached out to Oliver Postgate to direct There There (he declined).

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
It's happening guys.

"Burn the Witch" — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI2oS2hoL0k

E: Oh hey a Wicker Man

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 3, 2016

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

I enjoyed that, strings!

quote:

Fans have tracked down recent posts from director Chris Hopewell, who runs Jacknife Prints. Hopewell previously worked with Radiohead on their ‘There There’ video, and he looks to have been commissioned to work on a new stop-motion film for the band.

Some tweets and Instagram posts from Jacknife accounts have been deleted, but others remain, including one from two weeks back saying the company had “11 days” to make a “3 1/2 min animated film”.

In a since-deleted post from yesterday (Monday 2nd May), Jacknife is reported to have told a user “you’ll have to wait till tomoro to see the whole thing tho.”

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Hot take: the new Radiohead track...is good

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Thom is singing beautifully, the strings are great, the bass is just right, yeah... This is gonna be good

Lyrics are the same but a few lines swapped around.

If you float, you burn

They're back!

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
That was real good

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Pitchfork is claiming that the single will be released tomorrow, but nothing about an album as of yet

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

CoS saying the same, they're pretty good.

Single releases in about 8 hours.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That was a really good song and the video was cool too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014
I found the songwriting a little underwhelming for Radiohead, but I really like the texturing of the whole thing. Could go to very good places if the songwriting gets more dynamic on the album.