Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Sunswipe posted:

How do these people cope with the cognitive dissonance of simultaneously believing this poo poo while knowing Roberts himself said the game had to be out by 2015 or it would be too late?

you gotta move those goalposts man

clearly you don't under--

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Moved to Concern

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

There is no way this isn't a marketer. Who else puts the titles of products in all caps if it isn't an acronym.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Sunswipe posted:

How do these people cope with the cognitive dissonance of simultaneously believing this poo poo while knowing Roberts himself said the game had to be out by 2015 or it would be too late?

There's a Hitler quote that's great in these situations

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Sedisp posted:

There is no way this isn't a marketer. Who else puts the titles of products in all caps if it isn't an acronym.

Maybe we should start doing it too

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Evocati sources suggest no patch today either. "A couple blockers" named as culprits.

CIG timing things for effect to counter Elite´s 2.1? Or just sheer incompetence?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

There's a Hitler quote that's great in these situations

"No, I said get me a GLASS of JUICE"?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

MedicineHut posted:

Evocati sources suggest no patch today either. "A couple blockers" named as culprits.

CIG timing things for effect to counter Elite´s 2.1? Or just sheer incompetence?

Most likely the latter, but i hope the former simply becuase it would be funny to think their "patch" could affect anything with Elite.

Reharakhti
Oct 9, 2012

Secretly Sekhmet

Toops posted:

I love the >>USE<< cracks me up every time. Like, it's so out of place in a chat dialog!

Also, the lil' floating animated buddy that follows you around is great. Is that supposed to be like your personal computer?

Yeah the bot will teleport collectibles back to the ship for you, and help you translate alien languages and stuff.
Need to figure out customisation so I can dress it up

The dialogue system is a mess and I already want to rewrite it :v

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Spore, still better than Star Citizen

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

MedicineHut posted:

Blocker 1: SQ42 got Ryan Archered by COD
Blocker 2: eehmmmm
Blocker 3: The Smart One

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Reharakhti posted:

The dialogue system is a mess and I already want to rewrite it :v
That's the Roberts spirit! Have you considered getting someone else to do if for you, and rejecting everything they do?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

MedicineHut posted:

We just have a couple of blockers here at CIG before we can get the highly-anticipated 2.4 PTU patch to our loyal customers:

- Assets added in 2.4 do not work
- Mechanics added in 2.4 do not work
- Assets and mechanics added before 2.4 do not work
- Game does not work
- Technically there is also no game

We know that our backers are not entitled slackers, so we know you'll be patient as we work through all these issues, assuming we have time once we release Squadron 42, and as long as the money we make from that release is enough to get back to PTU development. If it's not, we're going to have to ask our backers to remain patient while we work on the next chapter of SQ42, and the one after that, etc. The more you donate to us, the more quickly we can turn a fraction of our attention back to the game you actually backed. C U N T 'Verse!

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

I saw the trailer for SPORE as a little girl, at which time I should note I was the best saleswoman in the world

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

I feel really sorry for Ben now. It must be what, 150 lbs in 3.5 years?

To the CIG staff who read this forum: Please get the man some help.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Holy shot he loves looks 10 years younger and has much better skin.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Reharakhti posted:

I love the variety in ships, bottle rocket is definitely my fav. Is the Dreams ghost a pickup?
Also, you need a cat ship

I've made some vital improvements as well:

Mother of god I love SpaceCat

Please please include the Chilldankli (if the artist doesn't give you permission then Archer it)

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

When I was a little girl? Now where have I seen this before? I want to believe.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Reharakhti posted:

I love the variety in ships, bottle rocket is definitely my fav. Is the Dreams ghost a pickup?
Also, you need a cat ship

I've made some vital improvements as well:

:allears:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

I'm behind, but I just skimmed this. It's been awhile since I've seen one of these. They spend 1/2 of it doing talking heads, then more talking heads while looking at a ship in a model editor. Then we finish up with a video that is composed of visual effects, text, and zooming in on concept art with camera effects, and finally the only gameplay is in the "which glitch" section, which is exactly as inspiring and exciting as you'd imagine it would be.

Is this really all these videos are now? How long has it been since they've shown something that you could call gameplay?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Star Citizen: Technically There Is Also No Game

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
:psyduck:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

When I was a little girl? Now where have I seen this before? I want to believe.

When I was a little girl is probably pretty common for people who were little girls at one point. Annabelle is obviously a shill, and probably was never a little girl but I don't think sandi would lower herself to spending time posting on the forums when she has over 100 million dollars to pay someone else to do it while she out doing weapons training or whatever.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Hopper posted:

and has much better skin.
Yes, but now he has much more of it.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Wafflz posted:

When I was a little girl is probably pretty common for people who were little girls at one point. Annabelle is obviously a shill, and probably was never a little girl but I don't think sandi would lower herself to spending time posting on the forums when she has over 100 million dollars to pay someone else to do it while she out doing weapons training or whatever.

You do not fully understand the mind of Mistress Sandi. Her marketing acumen is simply unmatched by anyone she could hope to hire and train, and she can already do the work of six people - why trust such a delicate communications to a mere underling? Besides, in her mind, this is a form of "acting", and she seems right in her comfort zone, because the only convincing acting she's ever done was when she was being abusive.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Matlock Birthmark posted:

I'm behind, but I just skimmed this. It's been awhile since I've seen one of these. They spend 1/2 of it doing talking heads, then more talking heads while looking at a ship in a model editor. Then we finish up with a video that is composed of visual effects, text, and zooming in on concept art with camera effects, and finally the only gameplay is in the "which glitch" section, which is exactly as inspiring and exciting as you'd imagine it would be.

Is this really all these videos are now? How long has it been since they've shown something that you could call gameplay?

What you mean like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Scruffpuff posted:

You do not fully understand the mind of Mistress Sandi. Her marketing acumen is simply unmatched by anyone she could hope to hire and train, and she can already do the work of six people - why trust such a delicate communications to a mere underling? Besides, in her mind, this is a form of "acting", and she seems right in her comfort zone, because the only convincing acting she's ever done was when she was being abusive.

I guess I don't see her as some Machiavellian marketing genius, just a really lovely person who lucked into a bunch of money and now spends loads of it on things completely unrelated to making a video game. I think your average fence post could do just as good a job at selling jpegs to sad neckbeards.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Wafflz posted:

I guess I don't see her as some Machiavellian marketing genius, just a really lovely person who lucked into a bunch of money and now spends loads of it on things completely unrelated to making a video game. I think your average fence post could do just as good a job at selling jpegs to sad neckbeards.

I think part of it comes from her constant need to act out the role she thinks she occupies. It's not that she's any good at what she does, but she thinks she is, so she exercises her unearned authority at every opportunity. Much like the situation with Chris, CIG would be in much better shape today if she actually did just grab some money and take a long vacation.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Wafflz posted:

A fence post would be more fair minded on their forums, and this would lead to an on the fence fence post post which is something I'd really like to see.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZbKHDPPrrc

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

That's a good looking guy.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Well yes and no. No, don't get Croberts near a camera, but yes I would have expected them to have at least a few more trailers to generate some excitement.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

That's a good looking guy.

That button thread has a poo poo ton of tensile strength.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

A fence post would be more fair minded on their forums, and this would lead to an on the fence fence post post which is something I'd really like to see.

ow, my brain

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

I KNEW it was going to be that, haha!

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
So wait -
Also in AAA titles with 100 million budgets - isn't 40-60 million of that development and the rest marketing / advertising budget?

Like The new COD - wouldn't that cost like 30-40 million making that and then another 30-40 million in tv / print / internet radio.

Whose going to chip in the 50 million for advertising for SQ 42 or is that already reserved? (Ben Lesnik is not advertising)

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Lime Tonics posted:

That button thread has a poo poo ton of tensile strength.

Imagine the compression on those shoes.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/4huujk/i_know_of_no_less_than_3_publications_doing/

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Propagandist posted:

Blocker 1: SQ42 got Ryan Archered by COD
Blocker 2: eehmmmm
Blocker 3: The Smart One

Speaking of Ryan Archer, he tweeted a few days ago for the first time since he got caught stealing art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Dementropy posted:

It's almost like they know.

Love The Meters. I'm partial to Cyril Neville and Dumpstaphunk, as well, when cruising around the galaxy.

I've seen all of them play, The Meters a few times and Dumpstaphunk most recently. Fun shows, people get in to it and actually dance.

• Locked thread