Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

AfterFather posted:

It's probably the same guys running around as Hijo De Rey Mysterio or Rey Mysterio II.

Lucha Underground actually employs a former hijo de rey mysterio as the kayfabe protege of rey mysterio!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I think he was Hijo de Rey Misterio II.. lol at all these random Mysterios that are running around... also.

http://www.luchaworld.com/?p=65260

L.A. Park calls out Octagon and Hijo del Santo is still trash (Santo also tries to drag Tinieblas Jr. into this mess). This Octagon stuff is the best thing going in wrestling right now.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Los Hijos Gemelos del Octagon

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://www.espn.com.mx/otros-deportes/nota/_/id/2647446/nace-dinastia-de-los-ocho-angulos-con-el-legitimo-hijo-de-octagon El Hijo de Octagon, Octagon's Octagon Jr, debuting in Elite soon per ESPN

I cannot believe that is a legitimate thing I just typed. This is the wackiest lucha week

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Chris James 2 posted:

http://www.espn.com.mx/otros-deportes/nota/_/id/2647446/nace-dinastia-de-los-ocho-angulos-con-el-legitimo-hijo-de-octagon El Hijo de Octagon, Octagon's Octagon Jr, debuting in Elite soon per ESPN

I cannot believe that is a legitimate thing I just typed. This is the wackiest lucha week

Pretty much just this on loop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE45argCO7k

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Speaking of Elite, here's tonight's card that will be aired on Friday. I'm not expecting the match itself to be great but I'm still looking forward to Park's appearance and the Rush/Dragon Lee/Caristico match could be good even though apparently Argos isn't.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Elite was moved to 11:30 PM on Friday's btw, so that's bad news.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
that was fast

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

American Males.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
looking forward to the New York Yankees' involvement in the show

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'd pay just to see how a Boogeyman vs Bagwell main event goes down.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Yikes, Ciudad Juárez. Botch machine Magno vs Scotty 2 Hotty.. this should go well.

Chris James 2 posted:

thecubsfan posted:

http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2016/04/15/cmll-torneo-increible-de-parejas-begins-tonight/
Hijo del Octagon is not the son of Octagon, as Octagon claimed at the press conference he held on Wednesday. He’s a Mexico City indie luchador. I do know the name, but I don’t see the point in announcing it. He’s not a big name, but some people might recognize him – and a lot of people seemed to, since the name started to come out yesterday and is around social media today. This is not a big surprise to anyone. It will be a big surprise if it’s mentioned outside of lucha circles.

This Octagon stuff is a gift that keeps on giving..

Wiccan Wasteland fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 15, 2016

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

so Boogeyman = Pro Wrestling and Buff = Lucha?

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Mexican Male! *clap*

Beaverseatwood2
Feb 23, 2014
There is a story on cassandro and his match vs hijo del Santo in 91, on this weeks snap judgement episode "perforrmers"

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
lucha dream match

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave posted:

After all that happened last week, Octagon announced that he was debuting his son who will use the name El Hjio del Octagon. It should be noted that AAA owns the rights to the Octagon name. It also should be noted that it had always been said that Octagon only had daughters. Octagon held a press conference and claimed he had three sons, with the oldest, who is 24, debuting with the name.

He said he also had teenage twins who will also be getting into wrestling. El Hijo del Octagon is said to be a Mexico City independent wrestler who doesn’t have a big name and isn’t Octagon’s son. However, the twins that were at the press conference are said to be Octagon’s sons. Super Luchas explained all this by claiming Octagon had three sons with a woman wrestler whose name was not revealed, although the belief is that only the twins were his sons.

:psyduck:

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Yes, Chris, I agree with you that lucha is the best thing in all of wrestling

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Wonder if Dave credited his sources on that one from like 2 weeks ago

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Jocay19/status/723707052967735296?s=09

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Jocay19/status/723719777513050112

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lashley will be back in Mexico on Wednesday as part of the Lucha Libre Elite tournament, facing Ultimo Guerrero on a show that also includes Volador Jr. vs. Mascara Dorada.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

#BetterThanRock

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Welp

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/725450992435646465?s=09

:rip:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

it's a shame Octagon got rewarded for being a total prick

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Ultimo Guerrero vs. Bobby Lashley was really good

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
This is at ECW Arena tomorrow - are any of these guys good?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the minis match on that card will rule

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

EugeneJ posted:

This is at ECW Arena tomorrow - are any of these guys good?

if its the actual dudes, theres a lot of CMLL midcarders there. Should be a fun live show.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lol josh matthews is scheduled to do commentary for the next AAA PPV

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

lol josh matthews is scheduled to do commentary for the next AAA PPV

Literally cannot be worse than last time.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Great White Hope posted:

Unless, his commentary partner is Matt Striker. A commentary team of Striker and Matthews...

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

With Josh Mathews there is no floor for how bad it can/will get. Between calling the wrong moves and his inability to modulate his voice below "screaming", there'll be lots of shilling for TNA and for Slammiversary. I would rather poo poo in my shoes and walk around all day than listen to that.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

With Josh Mathews there is no floor for how bad it can/will get.

Last time Matt Striker said "There's no thigh slapping here" and it was possibly not even in the top ten awful things to happen involving the announce team.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

Last time Matt Striker said "There's no thigh slapping here" and it was possibly not even in the top ten awful things to happen involving the announcer team.

Three weeks ago Josh called four diffferent moves a "lungblower" on the same episode of Impact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

flashy_mcflash posted:

Three weeks ago Josh called four diffferent moves a "lungblower" on the same episode of Impact.

was any of the four moves a lungblower