Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

They're really good if you split them, soak them in oil for a few hours, bake at 400 for 10 minutes, cool and then stuff with a mix of cream cheese, feta and crab.

soak in oil? :raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

I'm what appears to be the fancy china :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm the melted Sorry pieces in the background.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2A5csyMfw0

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

tribbledirigible posted:

Looks like they may have either used too much egg or Dagon fish mix.

Like there's EVER too much of Father Dagon. Sheesh.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

A couple of my recent meals:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My mom used to make pitas stuffed with tuna/Miracle Whip blend and whole french onion Sunchips. Thanks for the memories.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Picnic Princess posted:

My mom used to make pitas stuffed with tuna/Miracle Whip blend and whole french onion Sunchips. Thanks for the memories.

:vomarine:

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

How do you live with yourself?

Also, I usually just cram leftovers into a pita so I can eat it at something other than a table, so that's cool. Also how I justify eating leftover salad before it starts become worse than salad somehow.

e: I can't quote correctly.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

My roommates used to call that "sad salad". Leftovers in a wrap or a pita, so you could pretend it was its own meal.

Please explain that purple stuff, though.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

cash crab posted:

My roommates used to call that "sad salad". Leftovers in a wrap or a pita, so you could pretend it was its own meal.

It's meat.

...right?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

cash crab posted:

I thought that was poorly lit steak.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Roro posted:

I thought that was poorly lit steak.

It's poorly lit steak, or some other kind of beef-like meat, yeah. I mean, it could be venison or goat for all we know.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

I could live with that as a kid. Hell, miracle whip and tuna/bologna sandwiches was like 99% of my lunches as a kid.

I still go back to them now and again for the nostalgia. :shobon:

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

BraveUlysses posted:

soak in oil? :raise:

Yeah, I think it helps them soften and become a bit milder. Not entirely sure, I learned the recipe from an ex. The oil that is left over is infused with jalapeno and is delicious in a lot of other recipes.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

deadly_pudding posted:

It's poorly lit steak, or some other kind of beef-like meat, yeah. I mean, it could be venison or goat for all we know.

Kangaroo. I mostly just photographed it because I know PCOS Bill can't stand the sight of underdone meat, and then when the photo turned out so badly I had another reason to post it.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Tiggum posted:

Kangaroo. I mostly just photographed it because I know PCOS Bill can't stand the sight of underdone meat, and then when the photo turned out so badly I had another reason to post it.

What does kangaroo taste like? Aldi has sold it in the past I think but I never tried it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Roro posted:

What does kangaroo taste like? Aldi has sold it in the past I think but I never tried it.

All the kangaroo I've eaten came from Macro Meats, and it varies a bit. It's mostly like really lean beef, but sometimes it tastes really gamey. Kangaroo sausages are incredibly dry and awful, but the mince works well in basically anything you'd put beef in. You can also get steaks, which are weirdly shaped and therefore difficult to cook, and fillets, which are better, and burgers, which are actually pretty great but take a surprisingly long time to cook. I don't think I've tried any of their other products, because they're still pretty niche and even the bigger supermarkets don't carry the full range.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Roro posted:

It doesn't really taste much at all.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Tiggum posted:

I thought they were beets. Yikes

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Those cheetos are drenched in Hollandaise sauce, aren't they?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The one or two times I had kangaroo I thought it tasted like lamb more than anything else.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

deadly_pudding posted:

do you think the person who made this knows what hollandaise is?

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
some vintage afp for y'all

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

cash crab posted:

I suggest thread title

belated seconded

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

I could see this being OK actually. In Mexico they have a thing where you get spicy cheetos, meat, cheese and fixings all mixed together inside the cheeto bag and it's really good.

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm going to go with cheap cheese dip/queso.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I could see this being OK actually. In Mexico they have a thing where you get spicy cheetos, meat, cheese and fixings all mixed together inside the cheeto bag and it's really good.

I've heard of this too but with fritos.

HeadcrabPie
Oct 6, 2009
I know food should generally never be neon-coloured, but this is actually quite tasty.

It's red beet salad!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I thought those were like chicken pieces coated in way too much paprika.

Knowing that they're cheetos slathered in what looks like hollandaise sauce :barf:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

I feel like it's too runny to be queso. Whatever it is, it's some kind of horrible food abyss and I don't want anything to do with it :gonk:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

They sell something like this at a regional chain of convenience stores called Sheetz. They call them Walking Tacoz, and you can order them with a base of Doritos, Fritos, or Tostitos.

I'm a big fan of Sheetz for both the convenience and the food quality -- which is surprisingly not bad, on the "fast food" level -- but I've never been hungry enough to risk one of these.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

my cat is norris posted:

They sell something like this at a regional chain of convenience stores called Sheetz. They call them Walking Tacoz, and you can order them with a base of Doritos, Fritos, or Tostitos.

I'm a big fan of Sheetz for both the convenience and the food quality -- which is surprisingly not bad, on the "fast food" level -- but I've never been hungry enough to risk one of these.

sheetz gives you the tacoz, then the tacoz give you the sheetz

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

My god Sheetz is the worst name.

"It's a explosion of taste for your bowels!"

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

RareAcumen posted:

I've heard of this too but with fritos.

Yeah, the Fritos variant is called a "walking taco" in Scouting. They're pretty good, and very effective on the trail.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
You guys are like one degree off from describing "spread", which is a prison thing :v:

To break the monotony of prison mess hall chow, there's an entire "cuisine" that revolves around crushed up chips and ramen noodles that you cook in the dorito bag. Basically anything you can buy at the prison commissary and then cook in water that you heated up in the microwave. Add tuna if you want there to be something besides empty carbs and salt.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

deadly_pudding posted:

You guys are like one degree off from describing "spread", which is a prison thing :v:

To break the monotony of prison mess hall chow, there's an entire "cuisine" that revolves around crushed up chips and ramen noodles that you cook in the dorito bag. Basically anything you can buy at the prison commissary and then cook in water that you heated up in the microwave. Add tuna if you want there to be something besides empty carbs and salt.

I guess this a good time to post these again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooGLzqDGd0w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sgF97c6DZk

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Golden Goat posted:

My god Sheetz is the worst name.

"It's a explosion of taste for your bowels!"

It's a family name, but this is also accurate sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

my kid begs me for these