Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jimson posted:

Also I am having a REALLY hard time believing any role claim after me and Imgay claimed because it all seems kinda suspect. Everyone claiming now we're the same people who were like OMG CLAIMING IS DUMB DON'T CLAIM! I sincerely would not vote someone out for not claiming their role during a claim train. It might make me suspicious of you, but not claiming is just as town friendly as claiming a role that needs guidance. (like mine) Yet here they are now claiming their role like we're supposed to say OH OKAY SORRY DIDN'T KNOW.

Oh you're having a hard time believing claims now after you 2 Muppets claimed with 0 pressure?

GOLLY GEE JIMSON I WONDER WHY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Rurea posted:

Wait what? Im confused

I said I would die protecting you from Jimson, and I will, but if you're dead I have no obligation. Also, while I think you're town, I think everyone is town, it's D1, so you're still a viable candidate for a vote.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Infinitum posted:

Oh you're having a hard time believing claims now after you 2 Muppets claimed with 0 pressure?

:( I thought you were cool

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jimson posted:

:( I thought you were cool

I thought you were smarter than full claiming D1 with 0 pressure :(

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

GulagDolls posted:

it is not necessary to explain a case so obvious, or why kids love cinnamon toast crunch.

My thought is that the case you're saying was KB's case, and the post I made was a response to that. So her case, while 'obvious,' is calling out a post that was specifically a response to what you claim is her entire reason for voting me.

Bad != scummy, and not explaining your case leaves you wide open to change your opinion later.

Vote LUTR.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
two immediate claims confuses me and makes it seem like one of them is real and one isn't but I have no idea which one

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

##unvote

confused. Making dinner

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Infinitum posted:

##vote Infinitum stop repeating what everyone else is saying and acting like your contributing.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Mayor Glowku posted:

##unvote

confused. Making dinner

Gokus personified. Also check your loving Pms for the money making deal of the century

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
jimson is such obvious scum holy poo poo guys ##vote jimson

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mayor Glowku posted:

two immediate claims confuses me and makes it seem like one of them is real and one isn't but I have no idea which one

Exactly.

I'm phone posting because my nets down, but check my post history and I've made cases for both of them.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Exactly.

I'm phone posting because my nets down, but check my post history and I've made cases for both of them.

Lmao you've made the exact same case everyone else has and then acted like your contributing.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jimson posted:

##vote Infinitum stop repeating what everyone else is saying and acting like your contributing.

Jimson you agreed that I'm town earlier.

You said you'd make cases for other people.

I've ACTUALLY made cases and contributed earlier.

You're just throwing the vote around and confusing the hell out of everyone D1 and muddying the waters.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

We have 2 hours til no lynch. I think we should have a discussion on the merits of not lynching anyone and seeing how the pieces fall day 2. Or are we all pretty gungho that we need a target?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jimson posted:

Lmao you've made the exact same case everyone else has and then acted like your contributing.

The case I made originally..

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Jimson posted:

We have 2 hours til no lynch. I think we should have a discussion on the merits of not lynching anyone and seeing how the pieces fall day 2. Or are we all pretty gungho that we need a target?

convenient for you to do a non lynch so we dont lynch ur scum rear end

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Absurd Revolver posted:

I said I would die protecting you from Jimson, and I will, but if you're dead I have no obligation. Also, while I think you're town, I think everyone is town, it's D1, so you're still a viable candidate for a vote.

ummmmmmmmmmm is this just you backing out of what you said because you are scum and lied?

##vote absurd revolver

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Jimson posted:

We should not no-lynch, especially because I'll die.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Rurea posted:

ummmmmmmmmmm is this just you backing out of what you said because you are scum and lied?

##vote absurd revolver

No, I'll still die protecting you tonight if you don't get lynched, I guarantee it.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Infinitum posted:

The case I made originally..

Okay. Then let's slow down. There is one person who hasn't posted to defend their claim much at all. We all are getting turned against each other because one person poisoned the well against you originally. The cases do far have been weak but your sitting at 5 votes because of one thing.

##vote Meinberg
who has gone completely silent after posting MY ARGUMENT IS PERFECTLY CROMULANT. what ever that means. So he drops a vote on you gets people voting for you, and then dissapears. What's that?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

OK, sorry for the radio silence. Work has been ridiculous this week, but I've been trying to keep up reading the thread.

I think the roleclaiming has been ridiculous, and Jimson and imgay's soap opera seems either scummy or almost a parody of scum at this point. Everyone else just seems to be waffling on in normal D1 style, but these two have either thrown themselves under the NK bus for what seems to be no sensible reason, or have made some baffling choices to reveal themselves in such detail with no prompting, or at least one of them is scum. Whilst I'd be happy to vote for either of them on the basis that they both seem so suspect, I'll vote for Jimson atm just in case imgay actually is a doc (just a wildly suicidal one).

##vote Jimson

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

BottleKnight posted:

My thought is that the case you're saying was KB's case, and the post I made was a response to that. So her case, while 'obvious,' is calling out a post that was specifically a response to what you claim is her entire reason for voting me.

Bad != scummy, and not explaining your case leaves you wide open to change your opinion later.

Vote LUTR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Absurd Revolver posted:

No, I'll still die protecting you tonight if you don't get lynched, I guarantee it.

okay

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

iajanus posted:

OK, sorry for the radio silence. Work has been ridiculous this week, but I've been trying to keep up reading the thread.

I think the roleclaiming has been ridiculous, and Jimson and imgay's soap opera seems either scummy or almost a parody of scum at this point. Everyone else just seems to be waffling on in normal D1 style, but these two have either thrown themselves under the NK bus for what seems to be no sensible reason, or have made some baffling choices to reveal themselves in such detail with no prompting, or at least one of them is scum. Whilst I'd be happy to vote for either of them on the basis that they both seem so suspect, I'll vote for Jimson atm just in case imgay actually is a doc (just a wildly suicidal one).

##vote Jimson

Iajanus. I know your a rational person your argument says as much. Trust me when I say there is a good reason for me to claim my role. There is a lot that can be learned from the way my role works about what roles scum possibly has. I can't go into specifics because doing so would completely jeapordize my plan.

I'll just say if I am able to hit a scum target they are definently dead.

[spoiler] she's messin wit my helmet [/spoiler ]

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jimson posted:

Oh look everyone here's me earlier in the day 'Not Contributing'

quote:

Jimson posted:

So I have a Charge Blade.
Each night I can use 2 forge to ##Switch. When I ##Switch I become a Night Vig miller. So I investigate as scum, but I get to kill one player that night. Then 2 nights later I go back to being "regular" town again. So more or less point me at a target and I can slaughter em, but I need to use 2 forge to get it, and I need to put myself at risk of bad investigate/being night killed now that I claimed.

There is nothing I like about this post.

"Guys I got this cool ability. It's heaps town."
"Oh you're a doctor? I totally believe that."
"Did I mention how town my weapon is yet?"
"I'll full claim if you promise to protect me"
"Cool I'm protected now. Here's my full claim for no reason"

0 reason to post it during joke phase and seems super forced.

Reads very much like a fake claim.

##vote Jimson

And you're continuing to throw votes around in less of a "Lets get a reaction from him" and more of a "Lets throw some poo poo at the wall and see what sticks" manner.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jimson posted:

What the hell does this even mean?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Jimson posted:

Iajanus. I know your a rational person your argument says as much. Trust me when I say there is a good reason for me to claim my role. There is a lot that can be learned from the way my role works about what roles scum possibly has. I can't go into specifics because doing so would completely jeapordize my plan.

Why didn't the spoiler tag work?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
because ur dumb

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

##vote jimson

i was right the first time

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Rurea posted:

##vote jimson

i was right the first time

5 Premium Meal Vouchers say your scum.

##vote Rurea

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Jimson posted:

Why didn't the spoiler tag work?

Jimson posted:

she's messin wit my helmet

You put a space after /spoiler

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jimson posted:

See I want to believe you because you're being so earnest, but for D1 all I can go on is the feel of your posts, and between you and imgay you both come off as either ridiculously scummy or naive. Nobody else is pinging me to anywhere near the same level, so in the interests of voting (I don't like no-lynch generally) you two are who I'm OK voting for. Sure, you may be town, but at this point I don't have an alternate target and I'm happy to test your claim since then we can get some data from the people who voted for/against you.

And your second spoiler tag has a space in it.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

drat you Mayor Glowku and your fast typing :argh:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Jimson posted:

5 Premium Meal Vouchers say your scum.

##vote Rurea

5 premium meal vouchers eh? That gets the Felyne chefs best food :eyepop:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Mayor Glowku posted:

You put a space after /spoiler

iajanus posted:

And your second spoiler tag has a space in it.

Thanks.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

iajanus posted:

drat you Mayor Glowku and your fast typing :argh:

:c00lbert: gotta be quick to hunt monsters. You sure you are ready rookie?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Guys listen. My role is the only one with a failproof way to test it. Either I try for a kill, investigate as scum and then wait a day and I investigate as town.

Or

I don't kill anyone because I lied and you lynch me anyway. It's a pretty easy decision to make as town its in our best interest to go with information we can easily test where as now were limping along throwing darts at shadows. People try to get mad at me for floundering votes but holy poo poo that's day 1. Everyone throws poo poo at the wall to see what sticks. Sometimes when it sticks that's HOW we know there is a real case their.

Or third ghost option.

Scum kills me and who ever I targeted has a high chance of being scum.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
thats very nice of you to have cop both reveal themselves and also waste two nights investigating you

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jimson this page alone you have 3 separate votes on people and there's 2 hours to go.

You are flailing wildly here mate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

flerp posted:

thats very nice of you to have cop both reveal themselves and also waste two nights investigating you

Then dont investigate me. We can still test my claim by my kills. If I kill targets then I am on track.

• Locked thread