Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
drat you, I can't resist that sad face

##unvote Mayor Glowku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
*Brandishes monocle, bubble pipe and detective hat - crushes a few more pain killers down*

I'm missing a molar, a lot of blood and have several fillings. Let's solve this mystery comrades! tut-tut, the real sleuthing is about to begin.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
*Blows a bubble from pipe - eyes glaze over from pain killers*

So I just finished my reread and my suspicion lies heaviest on chaoslord, Birdstrike and Glowku.

But first some setup spec...

I think there are four scum. Probably not a 3P, and at least two doctors, town tracker??? and town roleblocker(maybe).

Scum has a poisoning mechanic, can nightkill and has a framer, maybe a ninja(depending on town tracker), maybe a godfather(if town has investigative)

---

chaoslord:
Relatively absent, but chimes in every now and again. D1 made a mostly empty vote on gannyGrabber defending Birdstrike and engages in Banter with him akin to that of Bird and Kash.

Also clearly didn't care that ganny would die D1, only wanted to make post count to avoid Modkill. Luminous pointed this out as well. Was on vacation, but still hasn't shown up much since. Made a vote on flerp and offered their own setup insight.

Birdstrike:
Other than the normal shitposting which acts as an intentional cloak. The player had a lot of suspect banter with Kashuno on D1 and Glowku.

Mayor Glowku:
A lot of poo poo votes on Glowku D1 left me curious as to his alignment. Additionally, he's been a relative lurker like chaoslord.

I feel strongest about chaoslord and Birdstrike, but I feel like chaoslord is the stronger vote of the two at the moment.

##vote Chaoslord

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I knew when I saw a new post by AA that it was going to be a vote for me haha. Can't particularly argue with the case, it's a solid lurker lynch case :shrug: Well, apart from the ganny point anyway. Ganny didn't care that he was going to die so why should I have? I just finished catching up (sorta) in my other game and so I'll start reading this more. I said there I'll be up til midnight PST, that'll be true here, too. So I'll be around for ~ 3 hours for those of yall on moon time zones.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
That seems weak. It's similar to the case I made on Goku, except he does indulge himself in paragraphs. He's still not saying much, if anything.

Today I learned that PST is a moon time zone?

This game is weird.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oh eff, I *hiccup* forgot that I have a po *hiccup* st restriction for today. This is why you don *hiccup* 't sign up for mafia then go on vacation, kids.

*hiccup*

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I would be okay voting either Glowku or chaos based on what they've had to contribute.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

chaoslord posted:

Oh eff, I *hiccup* forgot that I have a po *hiccup* st restriction for today. This is why you don *hiccup* 't sign up for mafia then go on vacation, kids.

*hiccup*

Did you get a flavor PM?

I think we've all been getting tales of the night. Mine hasn't been worth bringing up, and I suspect that was the cause of Rurea's soft claim on D2.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Propaganda Machine posted:

Today I *hiccup* learned that P *hiccup* ST is a moon time zone?

PST isn't the *hiccup* moon zone. The non-Ameri *hiccup* cans who don't know what PST is live in the *hiccup* moon zones.

Although going from Central to Pacific is *hiccup* weird. Especially when my wife goes to sleep at like 9pm, by the time I *hiccup* finish work, get food, and get back to the hotel she's already asleep.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Did you get a *hiccup* flavor PM?

I think we've all been getting tales of the night. Mine hasn't been worth bringing up, and I suspect that was the cause of Rurea's soft claim on D2.

Poison gas from the *hiccup* god mod has given me a *hiccup* very annoying set of the *hiccup* ....those.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

chaoslord posted:

Poison gas from the *hiccup* god mod has given me a *hiccup* very annoying set of the *hiccup* ....those.

But not poison?

I thought the gas was poison.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

But not poison?
*hiccup*
I thought the gas was poison.

I presume it wasn't *hiccup* mechanically poison because I got *hiccup* it N2 leading into D3 so I'd be dead if it was. Also didn't *hiccup* get an explicit "You are poisoned" message, just the restriction. D3 h *hiccup* appened in a matter of hours which I didn't participate in so it got carried over to today.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

chaoslord posted:

I presume it wasn't *hiccup* mechanically poison because I got *hiccup* it N2 leading into D3 so I'd be dead if it was. Also didn't *hiccup* get an explicit "You are poisoned" message, just the restriction. D3 h *hiccup* appened in a matter of hours which I didn't participate in so it got carried over to today.

Did it seem like anybody hit you with the restriction? The one common thread I've noticed is people knowing whether or not they've interacted with another player overnight.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

That seems weak. It's similar to the case I made on Goku, except he does indulge himself in paragraphs. He's still not saying much, if anything.

Today I learned that PST is a moon time zone?

This game is weird.

Well, let's hear your knock out case.

I'll wait.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Well, let's hear your knock out case.

I'll wait.

Knock out case? He's given us virtually nothing to use other than a gut read of me as scum, and a claim that his town meta is low-content low-volume shitposting. What are you expecting me to go on?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Did it seem like *hiccup* anybody hit you with the restriction? The one *hiccup* common thread I've noticed is people knowing whether or not they've interacted with another player overnight.

It was the mod. Follow on from *hiccup* this earlier since I was still *hiccup* barely limping along *hiccup* post count wise.

Shadow0 posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=whoposted&threadid=3773333

bunnyofdoom, Propaganda Machine, and chaoslord begin coughing *hiccup* and *hiccup* gasping for air.
It seems poison *hiccup* has begun to build up in their lungs.
If they don't expel it by posting talking more today, they might soon pass out - or *hiccup* worse...

*hiccup*

I'm explicitly *hiccup* authorized to post things that are *hiccup* hiccup only, ha.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Knock out case? He's given us virtually nothing to use other than a gut read of me as scum, and a claim that his town meta is low-content low-volume shitposting. What are you expecting me to go on?

Oh my bad. I thought you were dismantling my case and I took offense. Not that my case is great, I thought it was something. Please ignore me...

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
heh

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Oh my bad. I thought you were dismantling my case and I took offense. Not that my case is great, I thought it was something. Please ignore me...

Oh, I get it. I was actually talking about chaos, there.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Trying to *hiccup* read through all this is the *hiccup* worst.

Is this *hiccup* an accurate claimed poisoning recap?

N1: bunny, azuth
N2: Tendai
N3: bunny

Leaving out Rurea since iirc for them nothing is ever *hiccup* explicit

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Mayor Glowku (1): Birdstrike, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Tendai, Tendai
chaoslord (1): Anomalous Amalgam
Propaganda Machine (1): Mayor Glowku
Birdstrike (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (6): bunnyofdoom, chaoslord, Propaganda Machine, Rurea, Tendai, TheDonPeters

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 06th, 2016 at 7 p.m. CEST -- that's in about 1 day, 10 hours.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

So we are all aware, *hiccup* this is potentially MYLO. Kashuno is the only flipped scum but we had two *hiccup* poisons on N1. Adding in a NK means there *hiccup* had to be three scum members left per the OP (or *hiccup* a 3p, but I'm assuming worst case currently).

Shadow0 posted:

• Poisoners also function as *hiccup* traditional scum - that is, as long as any of the scum team is alive, the team can select *hiccup* one member to go out and carry out its *hiccup* normal nightly kill and each Poisoner not *hiccup* selected to carry out that kill can then elect to additionally each poison someone.

With that: *hiccup* 9 alive. Lynch town. 8 alive. NK. 7 alive. If a poison *hiccup* death gets through, that is *hiccup* 6 alive with 3 scum remaining. *hiccup* Game over.

With *hiccup* only 1 claimed poison currently and presumably two docs, we should be able to see tomorrow, but role screwery could happen. *hiccup* this is also assuming none of the janitored folks are scum, which is probably a safe assumption but *hiccup* an assumption nonetheless.

I'll be honest, I don't have much *hiccup* in the way of reads. Realizing it might be MYLO means I want to take a little more time to read and *hiccup* think. And drink some water....

TheDonPeters
Aug 17, 2015
Only have 15min free wifi on this train so won't be posting agin untill late today.

My thought from a quick read; I don't like glowkus I am not helping but trust me I am town.
I still don't like reuas, odd flavour but now I am feeling it is just confusion over if it means poisoned or not
Chaos has just started effort posting just to avoid the mod kill why wre you not posting the other day?
Bit then who would not want to avoid a mod kill
Right I will check back and have a proper read in ten hours of so

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

*Blows a bubble from pipe - eyes glaze over from pain killers*

So I just finished my reread and my suspicion lies heaviest on chaoslord, Birdstrike and Glowku.

But first some setup spec...

I think there are four scum. Probably not a 3P, and at least two doctors, town tracker??? and town roleblocker(maybe).

Scum has a poisoning mechanic, can nightkill and has a framer, maybe a ninja(depending on town tracker), maybe a godfather(if town has investigative)

---

chaoslord:
Relatively absent, but chimes in every now and again. D1 made a mostly empty vote on gannyGrabber defending Birdstrike and engages in Banter with him akin to that of Bird and Kash.

Also clearly didn't care that ganny would die D1, only wanted to make post count to avoid Modkill. Luminous pointed this out as well. Was on vacation, but still hasn't shown up much since. Made a vote on flerp and offered their own setup insight.

Birdstrike:
Other than the normal shitposting which acts as an intentional cloak. The player had a lot of suspect banter with Kashuno on D1 and Glowku.

Mayor Glowku:
A lot of poo poo votes on Glowku D1 left me curious as to his alignment. Additionally, he's been a relative lurker like chaoslord.

I feel strongest about chaoslord and Birdstrike, but I feel like chaoslord is the stronger vote of the two at the moment.

##vote Chaoslord

In my defense would you rather read paragraphs of white noise or my shitpost ing?

I'm genuinely still new at this and admittedly I'm terrible at deciphering who is scum. Especially when people go hard and post paragraphs it only makes me think they are scum generally because it seems they try way too hard to detract from themselves with ~*insights*~.

On the other hand they can point out potentially super helpful things... but also not see that prop machine is scum

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Distract not detract. There you go.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Mayor Glowku (1): Birdstrike, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Tendai, Tendai
chaoslord (1): Anomalous Amalgam
Propaganda Machine (1): Mayor Glowku
Birdstrike (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (6): bunnyofdoom, chaoslord, Propaganda Machine, Rurea, Tendai, TheDonPeters

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 06th, 2016 at 7 p.m. CEST -- that's in about 22 hours, 51 minutes.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have to say, Anomalous Amalgam's comments about chaoslord are ringing truer to me right now than anything else. I don't really have any gut feelings right now which is good because apparently all my gut feelings are lovely and wrong :v:

##vote Chaoslord

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Tendai posted:

I have to say, Anomalous Amalgam's comments about chaoslord are ringing truer to me right now than anything else. I don't really have any gut feelings right now which is good because apparently all my gut feelings are lovely and wrong :v:

##vote Chaoslord

Tendai are you the scum? I feel like I'm going to get burned by you this game(figuratively speaking)

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rurea posted:

Tendai are you the scum? I feel like I'm going to get burned by you this game(figuratively speaking)
I am not scum. I have yet to lie about anything in this game.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Tendai posted:

I have yet to lie about anything in this game. I am not scum.

if you order that phrase like this it's very suspicious!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mayor Glowku posted:

if you order that phrase like this it's very suspicious!
Oh, well.

I am not scum.

I have not lied about anything in this game.

Put those in the order you prefer.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Tendai posted:

Oh, well.

I am not scum.

I have not lied about anything in this game.

Put those in the order you prefer.

I was just making a joke! I wasn't claiming you a liar :(

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
deatj to the anime

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Mayor Glowku posted:

I was just making a joke! I wasn't claiming you a liar :(

(I liked it.)

TheDonPeters
Aug 17, 2015
Hello again folks

Currently torn between Glowku and Chaos,
Leaning towards Chaos now the PR/modkill is forcing him to post he has not come up with scum reads.

Though he dose make a point about the one kill one poison n2 n3, seems odd we have not had more poison, might be third scum was busy doing some other role?

And finally i have a crazy conspiracy theory with no base in posting or evidence. What if there was only one poison n1, Bunny lied about it for unknown possibly 3p related reason, tendai got a false positive for the cure. would explain the lack of poison claims after d2.

Think its more likely there is three scum left with one scum not poisoning and role blocking or role coping maybe?

but anyway i will vote Glowku or Chaos, leaning chaos, but with Chaos being -3 i don't want to vote right now and would rather wait till morning and see what other folk have to say.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

TheDonPeters posted:

Yeah I was going to vote glowku but I am not sure if this is some kind of double bluff or just lol self vote, and he is getting closer to the hammer.

ohoh man dumpeters is wishywsshier than my laundry all game, but this d1 post makes me feel super bad about him and gloku

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
look at his most revent post

"chaos of glowku, chaos is bad

CRAZY CONSPIRACY THEORY LOOKS LIKE CONTRNT BUT ISNT SCUMBUNTING

but disregarding my cinspiracy chaos over glowku, but oooh I don't wanna vote chaos until other people do [then tomorrow I can just say well I followed more experienced players]"

i think that s a newbie scum post

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
flerp's vote being chabged on vote finder after kash changed my Pod vote leads me to believe it was something kash discussed in scumdoc and a nwebie scum tried it on flerp

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
come on town I believe in you, I am teacgign you the ways of cqc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote TheDonPeters good job birdstrike you did it

• Locked thread