Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

willus posted:

was any of the four moves a lungblower

Nope!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Josh Mathews is poo poo, Matt Striker is poo poo. Why can't AAA get any, you know, good announcers to call their PPVs?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm still baffled at the fact that AAA is apparently in such a poo poo position that they're being given demands from TN-loving-A and having to meet those demands. Especially when it's something that will detract from the show even more than Striker did.

To put it in perspective, even the most voracious defenders of TNA, TNAMecca, hate Josh Mathews.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Josh Mathews is poo poo, Matt Striker is poo poo. Why can't AAA get any, you know, good announcers to call their PPVs?

Why would they want to go do AAA's stuff

Seriously, I don't think appeal has been there since the disaster of Triplemania. I certainly can't imagine that after that farce, let alone everything else that's happened since, that they have much bargaining leverage for foreign market commentators

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh because it pays money

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh because it pays money

lol

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I would do it because I like the product and I'm not afraid of the cartel because I smoke a ton of weed

Also they could probably pay me in merch

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Not even real merch, just gift certificates to the hundred bootleggers outside the arena

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Chris James 2 posted:

Why would they want to go do AAA's stuff

Seriously, I don't think appeal has been there since the disaster of Triplemania. I certainly can't imagine that after that farce, let alone everything else that's happened since, that they have much bargaining leverage for foreign market commentators

The what now? Are you talking about the Villanos match or?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

They are trying to remind people that they probably aren't the worst promotion on the planet.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Considering everything that's happened since, Big Dave saying Perro's death was worse for AAA than Cena's death would be for WWE was pretty g.d. clairvoyant

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mob posted:

Considering everything that's happened since, Big Dave saying Perro's death was worse for AAA than Cena's death would be for WWE was pretty g.d. clairvoyant

WWE would make so much money off John Cena's death. I wish we could see how without Cena actually dying.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

The what now? Are you talking about the Villanos match or?

Did you watch the show? The whole thing was trash except the final match which was passable. Also like half of the guys on the show aren't with the company anymore.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

MassRafTer posted:

WWE would make so much money off John Cena's death. I wish we could see how without Cena actually dying.

You're not wrong on both counts

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Did you watch the show? The whole thing was trash except the final match which was passable. Also like half of the guys on the show aren't with the company anymore.

And there were technical/audio issues galore, with commentary (Striker and Savinovich) visibly looking like they had no clue what to do and Striker occasionally leaving to talk with production to see for help

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

the match was passable, but they cut it off mid-post match angle

Eh. Most of the undercard stuck around

Sexy Star was the only one from the Atomicos match that I think is technically gone.

Villanos were basically gone anyway, but Los Psycho Circus is still there

The only person who left from the Trios title match was Cibernetico.

Electroshock left from the tag title match, but Blue Demon Jr, La Parka, and El Mesias (Mil Muertes) are still there

But for the main and semi-main, ADR went to WWE and Myzteziz went to CMLL which really hurt.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Blue Demon is there in so much as he will show up to shows if he isn't booked to lose.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

MassRafTer posted:

Have him fake his death and return with a gang of hobos.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

tonight on cmll the referees hosed up the finishes to multiple matches and we bid emotional farewell to kato kung lee who we later found out isn't actually dead

hell of a show

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

tonight on cmll the referees hosed up the finishes to multiple matches and we bid emotional farewell to kato kung lee who we later found out isn't actually dead

hell of a show

So a usual Friday

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Bigass Moth posted:

Have him fake his death and return with a gang of hobos.

A gang of hobos clad in piles of Cena gear that's just a few years out of date would be amazing

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

A gang of hobos clad in piles of Cena gear that's just a few years out of date would be amazing

Yeah, they fake his death and it turns he out he was doing village building in africa and all the kids were wearing Cena gear. You could make a movie out of this poo poo.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

coconono posted:

Yeah, they fake his death and it turns he out he was doing village building in africa and all the kids were wearing Cena gear. You could make a movie out of this poo poo.

I'm getting flashbacks to that horrible made for TV movie they made for the last season of 24

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Puebla looks kinda interesting tonight. Shocker returns in the main event in a trio with Los Ingobernables and that Yago guy who looked pretty good in the Grand Alternativa is teaming with Virus.

¡ RELEVOS INCREÍBLES DE LOCURA !
RUSH, SHOCKER Y LA MÁSCARA
vs
MARCO CORLEONE, NEGRO CASAS Y MÁXIMO SEXY
¡ CANDENTE CHOQUE SEMIFINAL EN REVANCHA !
ÁNGEL DE ORO, STUKA Y STIGMA
vs
MEPHISTO, EPHESTO Y LUCIFERNO
EVENTO ESPECIAL
POR EL CAMPEONATO MUNDIAL FEMENIL VERSIÓN CMLL
DALYS
(CAMPEONA)
vs
(RETADORA)
ESTRELLITA
TERCERA LUCHA
MAGNUS, HOMBRE BALA JR. Y SÚPER HALCÓN JR.
vs
VIRUS, WARRIOR STEEL Y YAGO
SEGUNDA LUCHA
MILLENIUM Y REY SAMURAY
vs
NITRO Y ARKÁNGEL
PRIMERA LUCHA
ROBIN Y PARÍS
vs
KING JAGUAR Y FUERZA CHICANA

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

plus that women's title match should be nutty.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/therealfredo/status/731531409098055680
https://twitter.com/LIGERFEVER/status/731535923960156160

:smith:

I said L.I.J would probably end up outlasting the original just like NWO Japan did, but I never thought it would happen this fast. Shame.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

los ingobernables died when sombra left

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

According to luchaworld CMLL is no longer running Arena Coliseo on Saturdays because ELITE is moving their Arena Mexico show yet again to that night.

They also said that Elite has a big "Noche de Campeones" show planned on the 21st which will crown their first Heavyweight and Middleweight champions. This also means that the Liga Elite might be canceled, although nothing official has been said on that subject.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
anyone got some links to Bobby Lashley Mexico matches?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

No Luck Needed posted:

anyone got some links to Bobby Lashley Mexico matches?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-2iWpboVQU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFRIunrrXY4

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

1) so this from the Elite promotion I keep hearing about? When your first promotion is not growing, start a second promotion?
2) I liked the over head camera for the gorilla press and stalling suplex
3) people love Ultimo Guerrero

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Jocay19/status/733844736369430529

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

No Luck Needed posted:

1) so this from the Elite promotion I keep hearing about? When your first promotion is not growing, start a second promotion?
2) I liked the over head camera for the gorilla press and stalling suplex
3) people love Ultimo Guerrero

Elite is an unknown 3rd promotion that is booking anyone and had a better TV deal than CMLL and AAA originally.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lucha World Cup teams:

(Men Bracket)
Japan (NOAH): Taiji Ishimori, Naomichi Marufuji, Maybach Taniguchi
Japan (Ouduo/Zero One) Masato Tanaka, Akebono, Ikuto Hidaka
Mexico (AAA): Pentagon Jr., Texano Jr., Psycho Clown
Mexico (Leyendas): Canek, La Parka (AAA), Blue Demon Jr.
Mexico (Internacional): Rey Mysterio, Dragon Azteca Jr., Dr. Wagner Jr.
US (TNA): Ethan Carter III, Eli Drake, Tyrus
US (LU): Brian Cage, Johnny Mundo, Chavo Guerrero Jr.
Rest of the World: Mil Muertes, Rockstar Spud, Apolo

(Women Bracket)
Japan: (WAVE/OZ) Aja Kong, Yuki Miyazaki, Natsu Sumire
Mexico (AAA): Lady Apache, Mary Apache, Faby Apache
US: Santana Garrett, Sienna (Allysin Kay), Cheerleader Melissa
Canada: Taya, Allie (Cherry Bomb), KC Spinelli

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its pretty weird that roh can't send a team to the lucha world cup because new japan has a relationship with cmll, but noah is sending one again!

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

Chris James 2 posted:

Rest of the World: Mil Muertes, Rockstar Spud,

ahahahahahaha

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Rest of the World: Mil Muertes, Rockstar Spud, Apolo

Team TNA Through the Ages

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Rest of the World: Mil Muertes

So, they're just going to pretend that he's not Mesias.. this seems dumb.

US (LU): Brian Cage, Johnny Mundo, Chavo Guerrero Jr

I hope they're basically Team Trump :laffo:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

AfterFather posted:

So, they're just going to pretend that he's not Mesias.. this seems dumb.

US (LU): Brian Cage, Johnny Mundo, Chavo Guerrero Jr

I hope they're basically Team Trump :laffo:

Return of Kerwin White

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

dragon lee blew out his knee almost immediately and was stretchered off