Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The end sounds like Psycho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
"Daydreaming"

https://twitter.com/radiohead/status/728600091922182144

E: Facebook posts says Sunday 5/8 at 7 p.m. BST (2 p.m. Eastern)

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 16:17 on May 6, 2016

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I'll have to devour this one at work today. New album out in two days, folks!!

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014
it's...so....good... :negative:

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
Wow that was also super good.

I am on board with this new direction. And a new album in two days, gently caress yeah

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
this is really good; i approve of where they are going

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang
Is this gonna be Thom's divorce album? :(

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Mother's Day album, hot.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
Spent the whole song becoming increasingly anxious that the drums were never going to turn up.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Tenterhooks posted:

http://pitchfork.com/news/65297-radiohead-announce-new-album-release-date-share-daydreaming-video/?mbid=social_twitter

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
THOMMY SEASON APPROACHIN

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Holy poo poo both the song and the video are amazing. It sounds like Thom giving up, in the most bittersweet possible way

Corvo
Feb 5, 2015

I think these are the lyrics:

Dreamers
They never learn
They never learn
Beyond the point
Of no return
Of no return
And it's too late
The damage is done
The damage is done

This goes
Beyond me
Beyond you
A white room
By a window
Where the sun comes through
We are just happy to serve
Just happy to serve you

Corvo fucked around with this message at 16:52 on May 6, 2016

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014
The vocal melody at one point is reminiscent of Motion Picture Soundtrack, which, I mean :cumpolice:

Poppy Nogood fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 6, 2016

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Popcorn posted:

Spent the whole song becoming increasingly anxious that the drums were never going to turn up.

That's not normal dude

Woop new album :) I might... Actually hold back on listening to this new song. Willpower!

(I'll probably be back in an hour saying it's awesome)

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Popcorn posted:

ditto, my gut turned sour. it actually turned sour

approved

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
It's incredible and I'm sniffig back tears IRL. Also Thom looks like your uncle who escaped the sanitarium.

Seriously beautiful. Burn The Witch is awesome but this is on a completely different level

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Listening I kept waiting for it to go somewhere. It was a really nice little melody but I was not engaged with it. The melody is sticking with me though. This'll be in my head for a while. Great stuff. Video was pretty good I guess, gently caress videos generally. Album in 2 days YES

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Anyone else get triggered into thinking of Loss.jpg as Thom walked through the hospital?

Tenterhooks posted:

If an album is ever going to include True Love Waits, this is gonna be it.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

This limey bloke has gone off his rocker.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

Popcorn posted:

Sounds like there's one drum beat at around 3:47.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI8zqEw1hyk

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Popcorn posted:

Spent the whole song becoming increasingly anxious.

Shortened it for me. That video hit me like a truck. Wow.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
The concept of a old British guy dressed head to toe in tricky ricky wandering through my house when I'm not looking is p spooky

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Thom has reached the level of scaring children in the street

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

atrus50 posted:

The concept of a old British guy dressed head to toe in tricky ricky wandering through my house when I'm not looking is p spooky

Hey you're cute when you're asleep, peaceful, like a dead angel

Don't worry about it x

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
That video is honestly one of the better depictions of depression I've ever seen - You're in all these diverse places, from grimey to calmly peaceful, you're on the beach, you're in the mountains... and you keep wandering because you don't feel like you fit in, no matter where it is, no matter how picturesque or cozy.

As for the song itself, sounds like something stuck on the end of Motion Picture Soundtrack. Not totally my thing, but it has more substance than, say, Feral had, so it won't be dead weight and maybe it'll grow on me.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Got some Harold Budd vibes from that track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1dwbgcW0Fw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8YlLpz-IyU

But not completely.

I liked its disrupted arpeggios against a glitchy ambient backdrop. I prefer Burn the Witch as a song though. Excited to see the album soon. Hope some of the album cuts are even more adventurous than the songs they've led with

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

So excited for their Roundhouse gig now. I saw them during the Limbs tour and it was one of the best gigs I've seen.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Dugong posted:

So excited for their Roundhouse gig now.

Hey gently caress you.

(Have a lovely time). (You oval office).

Seriously Daydreaming is amazing. If the rest of the album hits this level then gently caress. Also can anyone maybe fill in this idiot about the meaning behind the second half?:

This goes
Beyond me
Beyond you
A white room
By a window
Where the sun comes through
We are just happy to serve
Just happy to serve you

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Thought it was curious that Burn the Witch is going to be on a 7" with Spectre. They don't typically release any songs on multiple formats right? Is it possible Burn the Witch isn't even on the LP?

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

Jewmanji posted:

Thought it was curious that Burn the Witch is going to be on a 7" with Spectre. They don't typically release any songs on multiple formats right? Is it possible Burn the Witch isn't even on the LP?

No, they release singles all the time.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Jewmanji posted:

Where do you see that?

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

BigFactory posted:

Where do you see that?

http://pitchfork.com/news/65286-radioheads-burn-the-witch-7-appears-set-for-indie-stores/

chime_on posted:

No, they release singles all the time.

I guess I was just thinking of recent releases, like Supercollider, Staircase, The Butcher, The Daily Mail. Man, what if they had removed the four worst tracks off TKOL and replaced them with those?

Can we use this as space to discuss our favorite non-LP tracks? The obvious answer is Worrywort.

Jewmanji fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 7, 2016

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

um yeah gently caress this, Amnesiac version please

Probably Magic posted:

Not totally my thing, but it has more substance than, say, Feral had, so it won't be dead weight and maybe it'll grow on me.

Feral is so good, so propulsive, it's like a mushroom trip and all the people are made of trees. So basically an entmoot. Return of the King of Limbs

Jewmanji posted:

I guess I was just thinking of recent releases, like Supercollider, Staircase, The Butcher, The Daily Mail. Man, what if they had removed the four worst tracks off TKOL and replaced them with those?

What the hell are you even talking about? Just put them on yourself, in literally any order you want.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Jewmanji posted:

I guess I was just thinking of recent releases, like Supercollider, Staircase, The Butcher, The Daily Mail.

Not certain on this but weren't all of those released as singles after the album dropped? It seems like the songs they've released as videos before the actual album release, e.g. "Lotus Flower" or "There There", end up being on the album.

Jewmanji posted:

Can we use this as space to discuss our favorite non-LP tracks? The obvious answer is Worrywort.

"Cuttooth".

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Calling it: this will be their best album since Kid A going off the strength of these two tracks alone.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Can we rank Radiohead albums some more so I can put Kid A in 5th or 6th place?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Can we rank Radiohead albums some more so I can put Kid A in 5th or 6th place?

That's where I have OK Computer. :chord:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ballz posted:

That's where I have OK Computer. :chord:

I like the way you rabble-rouse, mate.

:butt::hf::butt: