Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

ALIEN: Eradication, a game of Mafia

Welcome to the Sea of Tranquility, home of the largest Colony on Luna. Enjoy your stay, and remember we're building better worlds! - The message repeats as you exit the docking bay and make your way into the colony.

You had been assigned to a research project by NAME REDACTED, a Weyland-Yutani executive that led the special projects team. Although it's been kept under the radar for several decades, rumors undoubtedly circled around. Weyland-Yutani was in the business of creating the perfect soldier. Gene therapy, Synthetic production, you name it, they tried it and in many cases they succeeded.

A lesser known aspect of their endeavor to make the perfect soldier is that they've found one...

In the star system Zeta Reticuli, humanity encountered a creature unlike anything we've ever experienced before. Weyland-Yutani has shown considerable interest in this species, and a freighter was supposed to bring back a suitable specimen, but contact was lost within days of their departure and engine reports confirm that the FTL drive took considerable damage en route.

A small detachment of scientists and marines, you all, were assigned to the task of getting the specimen back to Luna, but what you found when you arrived was a hellish nightmare. Something lurked in that freighter, killing most of the group who went to retrieve the specimen.

The freighter was overran with monstrosities and the marines left alive detonated the ship on departure, only able to salvage a few alien pods.

Two weeks later, you arrive back at Luna. Those of you who were unable to go on the mission to recover the freighter samples end up glad for it, but there was still work to be done. The samples are secured in the containment facility and the testing begins, but during the night something happens...

A protocol fails, hardware breaks, the machines were sabotaged... No one knows for sure, but the pods, once swirling with alien life are now empty, and the research facility is on lock down, under quarantine.

You hear something skitter in the air ducts.

----

Rules:
All standard rules apply
This is a closed setup game of MAFIA for 13 Players
Roles will be randomly assigned.
Days will be 48 hours long (except when hammered) and nights not more than 24 hours.
Majority vote, no-votes can occur.
Don't Copy Paste your role PM
Don't talk to other players outside of the thread about the game, unless your role says that you can
NEVER EVER EDIT A PREVIOUS POST
Don't post after you are dead or a spectator
Don't fake day actions

Players:
  1. Absurd Revolver
  2. AnonymousNarcotics
  3. bowmore Kumbamontu
  4. GulagDolls
  5. imgay
  6. Infinitum
  7. Jedit
  8. Jimson
  9. Moatillata
  10. Pinterest Mom
  11. The Ninth Layer
  12. Tommunist
  13. Tremendous Taste

Anomalous Amalgam fucked around with this message at 17:43 on May 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Sure, sign me up. I have plat.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
*hissing sounds*

edit: i will try this game (sure to doom game to failure)

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
I will sign up HISSS

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
hissssssss

I'm in.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

hisssing is my gimmick please don't steal.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER

game on for me

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ninth is a goddamn scumbot!

(I'm in.)

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I will play. I will be the android.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

☢⚰🆘

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Sure I'm in.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm in

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

They mostly come out at night.

Mostly...

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Infinitum posted:

They mostly come out at night.

Mostly...

i hope u don't come out at ngiht

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oi

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tommunist posted:

i hope u don't come out at ngiht

mate

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

m8

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
This has filled up fast. One more and we'll get this show on the road.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dont mind if i do

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
And that's that. Almost back home and I'll send out roles.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
exciiiiiiteeeed

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry, daddy duties came up. Sending out roles now.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
All role PMs have been sent out.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

is kashuno in this game?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

confirming that i am vanilla town

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tommunist posted:

is kashuno in this game?

Nope, he checked the set up and opened my eyes to some imbalances.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
DAY 1
You all stared at the broken glass that trailed out of the containment chamber. A smear of brown discharge from where the ovormorph pods had hatched. A red light pulses from the room casting an ominous glow on the alien eggs. Was someone already infected? Did they work that way? What if they inhabited your body?

Too many questions and not enough answers.

You have 48 hours to decide who lives or dies. No lynch is acceptable.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*Finds egg sac on ground and examines it closely with my face*

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (13): Absurd Revolver, AnonymousNarcotics, bowmore, GulagDolls, imgay, Infinitum, Jedit, Jimson, Moatillata, Pinterest Mom, The Ninth Layer, Tommunist, Tremendous Taste

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 09th, 2016 at 12:52 a.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Oorah let's get this game started. ##vote Tremendous Taste

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Ok, so, I don't know if arguments this meta are 'kosher' or not in this community, but I have TT added on snapchat, and in the background of one of his several 15 second long hairflip snaps, there's something that looks suspiciously like an alien egg sac. ##vote tt

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

GulagDolls posted:

Ok, so, I don't know if arguments this meta are 'kosher' or not in this community, but I have TT added on snapchat, and in the background of one of his several 15 second long hairflip snaps, there's something that looks suspiciously like an alien egg sac. ##vote tt

this is the info i want

##vote tt

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##vote imgay

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

i'd also vote kashuno but hes not in the game

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Infinitum posted:

##vote imgay

##unvote not sure what to think in light of this new evidence

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why the alien voting me the frightenedhuman.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yours was the only name that would fit :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wait Jedits in this game

##vote jedit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
a loud sound piercing through your dream. You are weighing the specimen, it is growing. You feel a presence behind you and it weighs in your mind. Calling for you. Something not of your own creation. Something else. It longs for you to join. It wants your help. The piercing sound grows and you can't ignore it. You are surrounded and it chokes you. A small rupture; splitting open. The sound of rending flesh. You struggle into consciousness.

Ah, poo poo. The quarantine alarms? It cant be. We had prepared so well for this. We can't lose hold of it now. Has anyone contacted the company? Can we get confirmation that systems are really down?

• Locked thread