Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Cage posted:

That makes a lot more sense than "if you spend money on this game you don't like playing it", thanks. :)

The idea behind this is, the gameplay is more or less identical whether you buy shark cards or not. The same missions you do to grind money are the same missions you play once you're digital rich. Therefore I have to conclude that you only spent money because it seemed like a more reasonable choice than just playing the game. Why would someone spend money on a game they didn't like to play? I have to assume its because they thought the game would finally reach that ideal level of fun that they are striving for, if only they bought a shark card.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

The idea behind this is, the gameplay is more or less identical whether you buy shark cards or not. The same missions you do to grind money are the same missions you play once you're digital rich. Therefore I have to conclude that you only spent money because it seemed like a more reasonable choice than just playing the game. Why would someone spend money on a game they didn't like to play? I have to assume its because they thought the game would finally reach that ideal level of fun that they are striving for, if only they bought a shark card.
Thats not true at all. I enjoy regular races, gimmick races, hunting pack, survival, and the missions but they don't pay a whole lot, nothing like heists. I gave you an example already with the cars I buy.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Getting "Transaction failed" when trying to call in my Buzzard. Servers hosed?

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

SplitSoul posted:

Getting "Transaction failed" when trying to call in my Buzzard. Servers hosed?

We were having all sorts of trouble playing last night so it is indeed possible there's some sort of server issue.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMDgAevEJds

Sure hope they fix those servers for tonight!!

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

God dammit coupe.

I think you misunderstood me buck :classiclol:

I meant "of course" as in of course we'll try again tonight

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

coupedeville posted:

I think you misunderstood me buck :classiclol:

I meant "of course" as in of course we'll try again tonight

Oh, okay haha it wasn't quoted or anything so I just took it as meaning "of course no one answered you, scrub, we're too busy bashing shark card-buyers" :smuggo:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

We were having all sorts of trouble playing last night so it is indeed possible there's some sort of server issue.

It's the only thing causing me trouble right now. Tried to call it in to beat several daily objectives in one go, which registered fine when I found an alternative method.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

SplitSoul posted:

It's the only thing causing me trouble right now. Tried to call it in to beat several daily objectives in one go, which registered fine when I found an alternative method.

Yeah, the server status website is showing all the servers as online so idk, weird.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

this has to stop guiz srsly

if you wanna spend irl funbux on GTA funbux that's your choice as a consenting adult

what is an Internet slap fight gonna prove other than who can effort/shitpost to the bottom fastest

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I don't like Shark cards because they force poor people like me to either play the game for an ungodly amount of time or spend money on it.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
There's only so many times that you'll hear, "There'll be two teams, like a two-horse race the rear end and the head," or w/e until you decide to eat toast for a month to buy a lowrider or put the game down.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

coupedeville posted:

this has to stop guiz srsly

if you wanna spend irl funbux on GTA funbux that's your choice as a consenting adult

what is an Internet slap fight gonna prove other than who can effort/shitpost to the bottom fastest

I wouldn't make that assumption for a Grand Theft Auto playerbase. A few weeks ago I was doing that Humane labs heist, after failing the last stage repeatedly because my teammate was too stupid to put on a rebreather before diving* we got a new player who was ten year old, whose eight year old brother was watching him play. Funnily enough we beat the mission.

Good to see the decades long moral crusade has done its work of protecting the children.

*To be fair I hosed up one attempt by buggering up my parachute drop.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
your anti-air defense means nothing to me
https://zippy.gfycat.com/VictoriousWebbedHake.webm

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Baka-nin posted:

nitpicking use of the term "consenting adult"

parents: hey ten year old son we got you this vidya game called GRAND THEFT AUTO

dumb babby: cool; thx parents ilu

(several hours later)

dumb babby: wut r these? *buys all the shark cards*

(a few weeks later when cc bill rolls in)

parents: WTF!? WHY U DO THAT

(has delightfully ironic conversation with dumb babbies about GOOD DECISION MAKING after getting said dumb bad game in the first place for someone not in its target audience/maturity rating)

tl;dr gently caress your non-argument

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Yeah, the server status website is showing all the servers as online so idk, weird.

Yeah last night their Twitter support page was handing out a shitload of links to their generic solution to any problem (check your Internet, then clear out your game files and re-download) before they finally realized their servers were maybe having an issue.

I realize that "the problem is on your end not ours" is the default response for customer service of any kind but I wonder how many people spent hours last night re-downloading several gb worth of updates and reinstalling before Rockstar support got wise.

Edit: misread online as offline, but their servers were listed as "limited" for awhile last night, so guess they're fixed now? I hope?

Crindee fucked around with this message at 22:11 on May 6, 2016

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Buschmaki posted:

I don't like Shark cards because they force poor people like me to either play the game for an ungodly amount of time or spend money on it.

No, they don't

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Is that where one goes "no one forces you to play this game"?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

More random poo poo I've captured for posterity...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v1meT2m5vg

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Wee Bairns posted:

shut up. tell us how you feel about shark cards.

nice video.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Wee Bairns posted:

this is a good video

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

I found some stuff, too.

I am a child.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

:stare:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Any events full of Goonanigans coming up?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

CBJSprague24 posted:

Any events full of Goonanigans coming up?

I don't think anything is planned for PS4 but I will probably jump on a little later.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I remember the day of doing a pac with HF and giving him like a 65-70% cut because he was poor

dark days, man, dark days

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

coupedeville posted:

Jumping to conclusions like a paranoid loon.

That wasn't an argument and you need to calm down.

TL:DR seriously mate chill.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Psion posted:

I remember the day of doing a pac with HF and giving him like a 65-70% cut because he was poor

dark days, man, dark days

It's true, I was once a poor and my goon bros were very chill about heist money. Thanks bros!

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

titties posted:

I don't think anything is planned for PS4 but I will probably jump on a little later.

As will I.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

orcane posted:

Is that where one goes "no one forces you to play this game"?

Zigmidge posted:

Nothing we do for fun requires more than a level 0 character with like, what is it to join a game? 500$?

Zigmidge posted:

Nothing we do for fun requires more than a level 0 character with like, what is it to join a game? 500$?

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

stop

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm sorry I want to drive the lowrider without doing 6 heists.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Rockstar needs to let men wear mink coats so I can look like pootie tang.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Wee Bairns posted:

As will I.

If my internet cooperates (hahaha) I'll probably be on too.

titties
May 10, 2012

This is patently not true because you at least need sticky bombs and bulletproof tires before you can have any fun, it's the law.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Me too. However Rockstar game svcs are currently unavailable 👍

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

titties posted:

This is patently not true because you at least need sticky bombs and bulletproof tires before you can have any fun, it's the law.

False, being the gunner for a goonbro's armed Insurgent is a blast and you can do that the very minute you log in for the first time!

titties
May 10, 2012

Ripper Swarm posted:

you can do that the very minute you log in for the first time!

"Invites are disabled until both parties have completed the tutorial for GTA Online"

suck it nerd

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

coupedeville posted:

also sry about the triple post but holy poo poo i got a slam dunk on one of the freeroam challenges

i crushed those pubbies lmao

I looked at these bedazzling videogame numbers and thought longingly of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

I looked at these bedazzling videogame numbers and thought longingly of you

u still only got 12k for that unbelievable performance lmao owned by rockstar

since we're posting screenshots

me being owned by futon :(

kickin it in psy's apartment at the end of a fun evening of goon events

and this one was a hunting pack that did not end well for me
https://giant.gfycat.com/AncientAlarmedBluefish.webm

• Locked thread