Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Those advisers really nicely blend in with the paradox made ones. I hope people that end up making Stellaris race art put in similar effort to match the style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
thanks guys!

and I plan to be one of those people Baronjutter, so hopefully there'll be at least one.

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

Koramei posted:

thanks guys!

and I plan to be one of those people Baronjutter, so hopefully there'll be at least one.

I am as well. I got my Wacom out again and have been practicing and everything. I don't give a drat if some dude makes a super elaborate custom race if he makes terrible race art to go with it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

If you cut that down to avatar sized maybe we'll forgive you. ;)

I'll do it unless someone gets to it first.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Koramei posted:

I'm gonna quote this here because I know some people that play EU4 read this thread and not the EU4 one and I spent forever on this:

e: thanks Paradox devs by the way for making it super easy to tie these to the Asian graphics. I thought I'd have to have them overwrite the Euro portraits and toggle it on/off whenever I played an Asian team but it was pretty effortless to get it to work great :)

This is awesome, great job!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

At first I thought it was from some new Asian faces DLC or something.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Would there be any interest in a mod that lets you play past 1821, adding some more techs and late-game mechanics? I'm not sure if anyone would play it given that Extended Timeline exists (it is a total mess) but I might play with it a little anyway.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

I'd be interested if you can figure out a way to represent 1848 etc that doesn't suck.

Also industrialization

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'll do it unless someone gets to it first.

I'll try to get it done later today, but you might beat me to the punch.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Alikchi posted:

I'd be interested if you can figure out a way to represent 1848 etc that doesn't suck.

Also industrialization

It's silly but I've got an urge and the free time. I'll try and post something in a week or so.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

And here are some transparent versions.

EDIT: Fastah ones.

EDIT 2: Gah, these are all based on an older version of the GIF. Not as happy with the animation in this one.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 07:49 on May 6, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Should have indoctrination rather than Internationalism imo.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I like to think it's making angry little snarling noises.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

ThaumPenguin posted:

And here are some transparent versions.

EDIT: Fastah ones.

EDIT 2: Gah, these are all based on an older version of the GIF. Not as happy with the animation in this one.

Here are some better ones:

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 08:20 on May 6, 2016

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

ExtraNoise posted:

These are fantastic. Thanks for doing this.

Yeah, it was stupid as hell to have Indonesian states with European adviser portraits in 1444.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

definitely the best

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Asian portraits are Cool and their designer is a Cool Person.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Barely resisting an "It's political correctness gone mad, Stew" avatar right now.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads%2Fhearts-of-iron-iv-development-diary-55-hoi4-qa.925172%2F

New HoI4 Dev Diary on the QA team. Features a Fascist USA flag!

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Would there be any interest in a mod that lets you play past 1821, adding some more techs and late-game mechanics? I'm not sure if anyone would play it given that Extended Timeline exists (it is a total mess) but I might play with it a little anyway.

I'd like a really basic one that just added some additional tech bonuses just to make it worth buying techs post game. +0.1 morale each military or whatever.

Something very lightweight and basic.

I may end up doing it myself when if I get a game that far.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Speaking of HOI, lets flash back to the very first screens of HOI3

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/october-1st-first-alpha-screenshots.376716/

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

I'm the floating cube ship.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Orange Devil posted:

Barely resisting an "It's political correctness gone mad, Stew" avatar right now.

If you want it, go for it!

I'd love to see someone using it, better than just leaving it forever in some folder.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
The South Asian portraits are gorgeous, like some others said I was totally convinced it was some new DLC until I read the post.

1 month to HOI4, I hope they start putting some more publicity on it once stellaris comes out, as it's lacking in comparison. I understand that a lot of the fanbase is already locked in, while for stellaris they're going for bigger appeal to the 4X crowd. However, I think a lot of people got very badly burned by 3 and the changes for 4 could be more visible.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

We're all interested in Victoria III :smith:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

or Hearts of Iron: Road to War

I want to know more.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

I wonder if those screenshots were real, or just mockups made at the studio.

I'm leaning at Mockups.

I'm not sure how HOI could work on a console.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Tuskin38 posted:

I wonder if those screenshots were real, or just mockups made at the studio.

I'm leaning at Mockups.

HOI4 is already completely consolized/casualized, it would work perfectly fine on a console. Press Square to conquer a random neighbor.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Tuskin38 posted:

I was always quite fond of the Civ game they released for the Xbox. It had some good ideas.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Western Germany in 1936 :wtc:

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009
Pretty sure that's just like an air operation zone or something.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Gort posted:

I was always quite fond of the Civ game they released for the Xbox. It had some good ideas.

Civ Rev was a really good idea for a game that I think should be developed. A 1-2 hour civ game is a neat idea and should be pursued more.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Panzeh posted:

Civ Rev was a really good idea for a game that I think should be developed. A 1-2 hour civ game is a neat idea and should be pursued more.

Doubly so if it can be played from a tablet. The strategy genre, particularly grand strategy, is severely lacking in mobile and basically does not extend past risk ripoffs. There was a pdox email questionnaire last year where rhetoric did ask about how likely one would be to use a mobile game or an app that would interact with a pc game. I'm afraid that the forums spergs voted it down fully.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Maybe they're just testing things- East Germany appears to be there too.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Kavak posted:

Maybe they're just testing things- East Germany appears to be there too.
It's the air zone view, one can note that the aircraft management menu is open. Its been showcased in the World War Wednesday videos.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

That is the region view mode, not political.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
drat, here I thought WWII had imploded early.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

West Germany reminds me, has there been any talk revealing postwar settlement possibilities? Is the postwar partition of Germany fixed to something Yalta-ish with an East and West Germany and the Oder-Neisse line in the east, or is there a possibility of FDR's partition plan or Morgenthau's or something else emerging from all that?

There's been a couple of times in Darkest Hour where I managed to do very well as the Allies and conquered most of Germany, but then had to set up a weird puppet Poland in Stettin and Silesia because there was no way for postwar Germany to go back to Weimar borders again.

e: Can the postwar Netherlands claim Oostland?

Ofaloaf fucked around with this message at 08:54 on May 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Ofaloaf posted:

West Germany reminds me, has there been any talk revealing postwar settlement possibilities? Is the postwar partition of Germany fixed to something Yalta-ish with an East and West Germany and the Oder-Neisse line in the east, or is there a possibility of FDR's partition plan or Morgenthau's or something else emerging from all that?

There's been a couple of times in Darkest Hour where I managed to do very well as the Allies and conquered most of Germany, but then had to set up a weird puppet Poland in Stettin and Silesia because there was no way for postwar Germany to go back to Weimar borders again.

e: Can the postwar Netherlands claim Oostland?

Didn't they say there was a conference minigame sort of thing at the end where you can negotiate the partition yourself?