Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
This dog looks like Thom Yorke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Burn The Bitch

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

Lid posted:

Calling it: this will be their best album since Kid A going off the strength of these two tracks alone.

I wasn't so sure with Burn the Witch, but now with Daydreaming I have to agree. Daydreaming is a top ten Radiohead track to me already. It's so beautiful it gives me shivers.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I can already hear Ful Stop in studio quality with pizzicato strings plucking away the main riff. I need it.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Not really getting the massive love for Daydreaming; I think they've done much better piano ballads in the past. The buildup is really nice and beautiful but it just doesn't go anywhere interesting to me.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

HD DAD posted:

I can already hear Ful Stop in studio quality with pizzicato strings plucking away the main riff. I need it.

I hear Identikit!

Okay I'm being a mad bastard and still ignoring Daydreaming as it'll be in the album anyway. It'll be sweeter for it.

Which will be ranked before its heard

Genuinely hope it's called gently caress My Ex Wife

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Steve2911 posted:

Hey gently caress you.

(Have a lovely time). (You oval office).

I'm not really sure how I got the tickets. Was 2000~ in the queue, went to buy them, got booted to the back of a 16000. Gave up, accidentally pressed back a few minutes later and ended up on the confirmation screen.

I've had Daydreaming on loop since I woke up.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Sup, seeing Radiohead live buddy? Seeing them on the south coast of Portugal.

(at a festival, I'm not going stalking again)

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

What the hell are you even talking about? Just put them on yourself, in literally any order you want.

Yas! Love this. Now we live in a time where we can do this kinda poo poo.

Ma_NiC
Mar 6, 2004

HorseRenoir posted:

Not really getting the massive love for Daydreaming; I think they've done much better piano ballads in the past. The buildup is really nice and beautiful but it just doesn't go anywhere interesting to me.

I'm not really into it either. Maybe it will be better within the context of the album?

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Ma_NiC posted:

I'm not really into it either. Maybe it will be better within the context of the album?

Well I'm not listening to it yet, my first time will be when I hear the album, so I'll spam my thoughts of it!

I want an old fashioned NEW ALBUM experience.

I can then resequence it how I like; but it is nice to trust some artists with the dark art of track running order, something that has nearly split Radiohead up in the past (and they still get it wrong. We Suck Young Blood should have been on Com Lag, and Paperbag Writer should have been late on the 40 minute version of Hail to the Thief!)

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ZoDiAC_ posted:

(and they still get it wrong. We Suck Young Blood should have been on Com Lag, and Paperbag Writer should have been late on the 40 minute version of Hail to the Thief!)

Oh Christ no.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Backdrifts too. Get it outta there!!

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
Is it odd that my card hasn't been charged for either download from WASTE yet?

Probably it's just some thing about it being international and they'll charge me in a few days, but it made me laugh thinking they did something like actually give away the WAV version for free to whoever bought it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I wonder if tomorrow I'll resent having bought Burn the Witch and Daydreaming twice just so I could have the singles a few days earlier than the album.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Steve2911 posted:

I wonder if tomorrow I'll resent having bought Burn the Witch and Daydreaming twice just so I could have the singles a few days earlier than the album.

Depends on the quality of the album!

Wonder if the album will go on Youtube? THAT would be something, would they still make money? I'm buying anyway

ZoDiAC_ fucked around with this message at 15:52 on May 7, 2016

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Wonder if they will update the merch to rake in even more?

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
I 've always thought it rather dorky to wear band t-shirts

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

This is going to be a Tier 1 album.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

olin posted:

I 've always thought it rather dorky to wear band t-shirts

Luckily we're all dorks.

I am wearing my TKOL London 2012 shirt right now. Feels good.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
Hoping for a string section on this tour now. July can't come quick enough.

Daydreaming is really remarkable

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I can very easily picture Burn The Witch being converted to a standard drum/bass/guitar arrangement. Or they could do something more complex. There's a lot to work with there, depending on the type of venue and show they want to do.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

By this time tomorrow we will have kicked off the 5 year wait for LP10!

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
If and when Radiohead plays their last ever show, I want them to come back on for one final encore:

"Oh no, pop is dead, long live pop..."

Corvo
Feb 5, 2015

The first encore should be an extended thirty-minute jam of Trans-Atlantic Drawl.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
actually its just creep

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Their last ever release should be Pablo Honey redone in a Kid A style

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Their last ever release should be Pablo Honey redone in a Kid A style

Creepfingers

Corvo
Feb 5, 2015

Anyone Can Limbo

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Their last concert should just be "Treefingers" for two hours

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

HorseRenoir posted:

Their last concert should just be "Treefingers" for two hours

Treefingers already feels 2 hours long, no need

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHFyfA2Dtfg

actually treefingers seems pretty cool live (for four minutes) but the crowds can't seem to handle the quiet

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Shame they had to ruin Hunting Bears by leading it into Feral

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRVp9ycpbnk

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Hunting bears is a good rear end song.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

BigFactory posted:

Hunting bears is a good rear end song.

Every time I hear Hunting Bears, I feel like I'm watching the last ten minutes of Jim Jarmusch's Dead Man. Great feeling.

Ma_NiC
Mar 6, 2004
I don't get all the hate for Treefingers. It's not my favorite track by a long shot but I rather enjoy it.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Treefingers owns. Just like every other track on Kid A.

It's integral to the flow of the album.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The thing about Treefingers is, for me, that it's just there. It's not outstanding, which can be said for most of Kid A, but it's not a BAD song. It's just a chill segue between HTDC and Optimistic. Hunting Bears is better, but then again it wouldn't fit with Kid A.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

What is with the Feral hate