Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Count Chocula posted:

Thanks to this show I'm constantly posting 'DIG THROUGH THE DITCHES AND BURN THROUGH THE WITCHES' under every link to the new Radiohead song.

Which one is that from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Corek posted:

Which one is that from?

Many, many episodes but most notably, The Watcher I think.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

If you really think that episode is "unlistenable poo poo" y'all oughta get your ears cleaned out.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Guy Mann posted:

Going by your username they did an entire episode making fun of you :v:

I've never actually listened to the Spawn episode because I'm not a huge fan of that episode's guest co-host (Justin J Case?). I should give it another try since I think they said he would be appearing in an upcoming show. Some folks in this thread ragged on the episode because he apparently spent a bunch of time talking about his action figures instead of the movie so I never gave it a fair chance, but it's gotta be at least a decent episode. The terrible CGI, the 90s action, the cape, and John Leguizamo being an insane 4 foot murder clown should be perfect for them to riff on.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

TetsuoTW posted:

If you really think that episode is "unlistenable poo poo" y'all oughta get your ears cleaned out.

Some apps recompress the audio, that could be causing issues?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Violator posted:

I've never actually listened to the Spawn episode because I'm not a huge fan of that episode's guest co-host (Justin J Case?). I should give it another try since I think they said he would be appearing in an upcoming show. Some folks in this thread ragged on the episode because he apparently spent a bunch of time talking about his action figures instead of the movie so I never gave it a fair chance, but it's gotta be at least a decent episode. The terrible CGI, the 90s action, the cape, and John Leguizamo being an insane 4 foot murder clown should be perfect for them to riff on.

Action figures and spawn go together very well due to Spawn's creator.

irishjoo
Jul 20, 2004

Step 1-Curl and Drag
Step 2-Attempt to Shoot
Step 3-Get Soft Penalty
Step 4-Score just enough to make people forget about Steps 1-3
I was there for the taping of waterworld. The novelization was amazing to see. It is a real funny episode but they kind of never really follow the movie. It's a shame the audio quality is bad for some of you.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
I was surprised at how short it was!

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The Olympus Has Fallen live episode was only an hour too.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Violator posted:

Action figure talk lasted roughly 45 seconds

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Everything I've heard about Spawn as a movie indicates they really wanted Danny DeVito to be that murderclown, but couldn't get him.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I feel like "really wanted ~ but couldn't get ~" characterizes a lot of Spawn.

Really wanted Snipes*
Really wanted DeVito
Really wanted CGI

There's not many times I feel like I could say this, but you know what would have really improved that movie? Eric Roberts. Swap him in for Sheen and you know what? Better movie.

* I assume. I mean come on.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

I am pretty sure on wired they mentioned that they know it still exists but its awful and don't go searching for it.

This is what they said when I tweeted them about it.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
"Pants older than he"

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The new episode's audio quality was really good. So much better than Master of the Universe. Masters' audio quality was so bad I did the unthinkable and skipped that episode.

The audio quality in the Scream 3 episode was okay but if I remember correctly, there was this girl in the foreground audio with a really loud laugh. It was kind of hilarious.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DoubleCakes posted:

The new episode's audio quality was really good. So much better than Master of the Universe. Masters' audio quality was so bad I did the unthinkable and skipped that episode.

The audio quality in the Scream 3 episode was okay but if I remember correctly, there was this girl in the foreground audio with a really loud laugh. It was kind of hilarious.

That girl was rolling at every joke, half-joke, punchline or setup. Potential groupie.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Calaveron posted:

Action figure talk lasted roughly 45 seconds

Yep, you were right and it was a pretty good episode. Guest host Vinnie's "look at this slutty broad with her tight pants!" was certainly different than the boy's usual brand of humor.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

I feel like the mailbags have reached such a level of insanity I actually look forward to them more than the episodes.

Still loving the episodes obviously! I feel like the Poison Ivy episode doesn't get enough love; I think that's the origin of the dog-acting conversation. Hoping there's more misguided rom-com and Lifetime-esque movies this year since those are my favorites.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Crocobile posted:

I feel like the mailbags have reached such a level of insanity I actually look forward to them more than the episodes.

Yeah, I agree. Sometimes on Tuesday's I take a moment to decide to listen, depending on the movie (I still haven't listened to the Larry the Cable Guy episode, because I haven't seen it and I do not care about it or him), but the mailbag episodes are an instant listen.

Violator
May 15, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, I agree. Sometimes on Tuesday's I take a moment to decide to listen, depending on the movie (I still haven't listened to the Larry the Cable Guy episode, because I haven't seen it and I do not care about it or him), but the mailbag episodes are an instant listen.

Brother, give the first six minutes a chance. Dick beer will change your life.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Violator posted:

Brother, give the first six minutes a chance. Dick beer will change your life.

...well now I have to listen.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Drinking piss has been in a lot of recent episodes, hasn't it?

That's kinda weird.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
Which episode was it where somebody said "food bill" instead of "meal ticket"? Google is not helping.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
My Best Friend's Wedding.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ghost emoji posted:

Which episode was it where somebody said "food bill" instead of "meal ticket"? Google is not helping.

Food Bill, Dick Beer, what other stand out Szyszka-isms have we got?

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I'm going to be honest with you guys, it's been over a week since that mailbag and I can't stop thinking about how bad I want a Game Master jumpsuit.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Big Bob Pataki posted:

I'm going to be honest with you guys, it's been over a week since that mailbag and I can't stop thinking about how bad I want a Game Master jumpsuit.

Pro gaming would be slightly less annoying if instead of trying to dress like pro athletes they tried to dress like Evel Kenievel.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Big Bob Pataki posted:

Hopefully I can get one in time for PAX next year.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
If the Game Master story is true (oh I hope it is) then it's gotta be the arcade owner who was winning those bets right, or at least was putting up the money via some stand-in? Owner realizes he has a gambling addict on the hook that he can take to the cleaners, so he gives the kid all the reason in the world to play the game non-stop until he's legit great, and then reaps the profits when the gambler keeps chasing his losses.

This story needs to become a movie, both so I can watch it and so I can listen to WHM crack wise about it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Do not worry about David Byrne. 20 entire Eastern European families could live off the royalties to "Burning Down the House" alone.

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

bango skank posted:

Food Bill, Dick Beer, what other stand out Szyszka-isms have we got?

I think the funniest thing Szyszka has ever done, is in the story where an old lady was complaining about how he was eating popcorn too loudly in the theater, so he told her to go gently caress herself.

Anyone know which episode that was? First time I heard that, i lost it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Nah, the best Syzska-ism was "Jeremy spoke in, Justin's strokin'" from Cyber Seduction. He was just so proud of himself. :3:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Evil Mastermind posted:

Nah, the best Syzska-ism was "Jeremy spoke in, Justin's strokin'" from Cyber Seduction. He was just so proud of himself. :3:

Was that the one he had the jokes planned for years?

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

bobkatt013 posted:

Yep!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

bobkatt013 posted:

I liked how raring to go he was with all those jokes, right from the Sunset Boulevard opener

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I liked how raring to go he was with all those jokes, right from the Sunset Boulevard opener

This is why we need Lifetime movie month or something similar. That film library must be gold

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Hey! Sext me Josh's phone number!

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy
TBH I always prefer the episodes with Szyszka. The other guys are all totally hilarious too but I laugh a lot more at the episodes he's in

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Na'at posted:

TBH I always prefer the episodes with Szyszka. The other guys are all totally hilarious too but I laugh a lot more at the episodes he's in

I've said it before but he seems to be the one that makes them laugh the most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Na'at posted:

That's how I was when I started listening years ago, then Steve slowly became my MVP. I'm just glad they dropped the rotating cast before Cabin left. It was nice just having all four of them on one movie.