Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Endorph posted:

didn't they only remove the dead zone in wrath?

Looks like Zul'aman so TBC, so I was kinda close, it was years and years and years ago. Really to the point though Aurelion struggles in a very hilarious way when people get up close and personal with him. I've played Graves, dashed into his little radius and he instantly flashes because he can't even fire the Q out because he can't reactivate when it's dead center on top of him. I'm sure there's some people that really put in the time to learn him but he is entirely too weird for me to bother.

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 20:47 on May 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Radical posted:

akali is actually really strong on this patch because of the revolver spike you get in lane now

Yeah; Revolver is like a small Lichbane now, so it makes it actually worthwhile to get in melee range before your ult. You can take 50% of certain matchups' health just from proccing the mark with Revolver off cooldown.

Hextech Dash and Gunblade are also great for securing dudes who dont die to 3 dashes, letting you get some vital esscape essence.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Servaetes posted:

Really to the point though Aurelion struggles in a very hilarious way when people get up close and personal with him. I've played Graves, dashed into his little radius and he instantly flashes because he can't even fire the Q out because he can't reactivate when it's dead center on top of him. I'm sure there's some people that really put in the time to learn him but he is entirely too weird for me to bother.

I played him a few times this week just to test him out and see how his mechanics work because I hadn't ever played him. I definitely panic every time someone goes inside the star orbit and then I just start toggling it around to try frantically to hit them with something at any range and usually don't.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Honestly, a lot of his problems just come down to how slowly the hearts orbit when they aren't expanded, at least for me.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

Yeah; Revolver is like a small Lichbane now, so it makes it actually worthwhile to get in melee range before your ult. You can take 50% of certain matchups' health just from proccing the mark with Revolver off cooldown.

Hextech Dash and Gunblade are also great for securing dudes who dont die to 3 dashes, letting you get some vital esscape essence.

yeah i was laning against a ryze and when i came back to lane i ulted onto him and did 3/4th of his hp and he flashed instantly. i was so surprised at how much damage i did i didnt even finish the kill. needless to say i got fed as gently caress.

i also just played a kennen game and abyssal + zhonya getting 20% cdr on them total made that dude feel great. our ezreal built death dance > rageblade so i feel like i really earned that MMR.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Revolver sheen is a stupid strong power spike, proccing all of that on top of thunderlords should win you an all in against a lot of people

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Safety Scissors posted:

I think Brand's passive is too strong. The AoE radius needs to go down. The worst thing that can happen to him right now is that other parts of him get nerfed then the passive gets nerfed because usually that's how champions end up in the dumpster.

I doubt Brand will get nerfed. If you look more closely at the win rates, Brand is OP in bronze (54~55% win rate), but loses about 1% win rate for each tier above bronze. The new Brands is basically a newb crusher. This is great for me, since I am both bronze as gently caress, and love playing Brand.

EDIT: It feels like almost all his damage got moved to his 3-hit passive. Since high elo players can actually dodge skillshots, no wonder Brand suffers in Plat+.

golden bubble fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 7, 2016

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
high elo players are also capable of hitting skillshots

with some exceptions (coughkillgoldfishcough)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Brand is also piss-easy to land skillshots with since he has conflagration which can proc full rylais slow (and even without that all his poo poo has large ranges and hitboxes; you aint exactly doing karthus beads)

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Verviticus posted:

if ocean is the first dragon and you get it early, you win every lane. i would rather have ocean than get first blood from a gank

Yeah, this. Toplane and botlane can basically trade indiscriminately and win through attrition. Midlane doesn't have to care about mana for the remainder of the game.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah ive seen a lot of people picking junglers like ww/olaf/nunu that just solo the drake. even if lanes are doing poorly early on the jungle champ has been powerfarming and everyone gets buff as hell from then on.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

OFA on summoner's rift is hot loving garbage.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Here's what I say

1, Brand. This guy... lets not nerf him. He's alright.
2. Olaf: Hell of a guy. Respect him.
3. Karthus: The boys are back! Karthus is back in town and is ready for fun. Don't play this champ.
4. Big winner in the mage rework patch? (I start smiling and nodding and Udyr walks out from the back and the entire audience is cheering and clapping and going crazy) (We clasp hands and raise them over our head facing everyone)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

OFA on summoner's rift is hot loving garbage.

Actually it owns and is hilarious to have an entire team of wacky gimmick builds as everyone tries to fill every role

The only lovely OFA's are the ones where your tweanmates pick Zed or someone equally dull and inflexible.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Most matchups you know within five minutes which team is going to win and then it's just a matter of grinding it out as a character totally unsuited to whatever lane/jungle you ended up stuck in.

Sure there are going to be a few good games but ugh

At least on the ARAM map it's wild whacky teamfight hijinx that's fun for a while, not just the same old poo poo but you maybe get a payoff in 20+ minutes when the teams start doing things.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rift ofa owns because i had an 80 minute katarina vs malphite game that ended with every single kat going full tank and having a 5 minute teamfight with the full tank malphites

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Verviticus posted:

high elo players are also capable of hitting skillshots

with some exceptions (coughkillgoldfishcough)

How dare you call me out like this

I am NOT "high Elo"

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Endorph posted:

rift ofa owns because i had an 80 minute katarina vs malphite game that ended with every single kat going full tank and having a 5 minute teamfight with the full tank malphites

Yeah, I had a really good near 70 min game as a team of Zyras vs a team of Heimerdingers. The one tank is the one that won in the end as well. Don't underestimate banner of command and stuff if you are against ap in this mode, works really well!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I still want to see a Russian Stacking Doll Tahm Kench team strat before this mode swaps out.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

kingcobweb posted:

How dare you call me out like this

I am NOT "high Elo"

When the guy said plat players dodge skill shots I was like "heh"

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Me and Valter put up probably the cleanest game I've played all season. 100% kill participation on both of us, no deaths, 20 min. Always nice to get a break in the action

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Who is the viking midlane? We got Olaf/Darius/Sej/Tryn in our viking team already

E: We have changed to Viking Tryn/middle/Beast Hunter Draven/Braum/Sej. Still need a mid

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 09:47 on May 8, 2016

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

NTT posted:

Me and Valter put up probably the cleanest game I've played all season. 100% kill participation on both of us, no deaths, 20 min. Always nice to get a break in the action

why not mention our game

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Who is the viking midlane? We got Olaf/Darius/Sej/Tryn in our viking team already

E: We have changed to Viking Tryn/middle/Beast Hunter Draven/Braum/Sej. Still need a mid

Sejuani mid, Olaf top, Tryn Jungle.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

curiousCat posted:

why not mention our game

Because games where you feed and are carried vehemently are everyone's match histories, and therefore do not need additional highlighting. They are highlighted for us all. :smith:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

NTT posted:

it's a good thing he queued with me, because i dont lose games.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

NTT posted:

It's always nice to play against rageblade Vayne.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Man, normals are terrible now.

http://champion.gg/statistics/#?sortBy=general.winPercent&order=descend&roleSort=

Also drat

also, Zac got buffed

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that cass winrate :lol:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I really don't want Zac to be popular.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

rabidsquid posted:

When the guy said plat players dodge skill shots I was like "heh"

I've always considered it a huge logical fallacy that skill shot reliant game play is fundamentally different between even like pro-tier players and wood-tier players. The better you are the more you will likely hit and dodge them, but the higher your MMR the more likely your opponent is to do the same.

Bronze Thresh might end up hitting way more hooks in a game than one in a pro match but it's probably because the game goes on for 55 minutes with everyone fighting constantly for no objective and he has way more gameplay opportunities.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
how do you play Kennen?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Tired Moritz posted:

how do you play Kennen?

Be a massive dick.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also most of the skillshots in this game have hitboxes the size of barns (two of them are literally barns), so dodging/hitting them is more about prediction and baiting than it is about actual aim

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Miftan posted:

Be a massive dick.

i already play teemo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also don't worry guys, riot knows why cass and swain suck now

quote:

Swain (alongside Cassiopeia, which surprise surprise also has abysmal win rate) is one of the only two champions that now require players to completely change how they level up the skills: EWQ -> QWE

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
It honestly wouldn't surprise me if that was a large part of the reason they're doing so poorly. Reworked darius had people maxing the wrong skills for like six months afterwards, ditto cait with her new traps.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
2 levels of leveling wrong skills in the mid lane does not equal 37% win rate.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

how do you play Kennen?

protobelt > hourglass is the hot build on him atm. you can get deathcap or abyssal third, i feel like 4th item deathcap is pretty late but i dunno. some people run ad runes on him but mpen / ar / ap / ap is pretty standard, you get enough CDR now that his ult will always be up pretty much. you probably need to take 0/18/12 masteries to get the summoner cooldown talent, i did 12/18/0 a bunch and you pretty much never have your sums up, i don't think you're actually getting that much extra damage for it compared to being potentially able to tp flank and flash initiate more. Either way take thunderlords. The usual combo top lane vs melee is to get your W passive hit up and zone them with q to farm, if they get in range for an auto attack spam W and you'll get the thunderlords proc because the auto has two damage instances.

starting items are doran blade potion, level qwe and then priority is r > q > w > e. getting a refillable potion on your first back if you can't afford the revolver is valuable. you can get abyssal before protobelt if you're against like, lissandra i guess.

edit: actually w e q as your first three points is probably better

Radical fucked around with this message at 14:47 on May 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Yo fight me and my Shadow Isles comp!

Top: Mordekaiser
Jungle: Hecarim
Mid: Karthus
ADC: Kalista
Support: Thresh

• Locked thread