Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Ballz posted:

What is with the Feral hate

I'll never understand it. The song is awesome. And it has its own keychain!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I'll never understand it. The song is awesome. And it has its own keychain!

And it really shows off Phil and Colin. But that's pretty much how I feel about most of TKoL, Phil's drumming especially. It's such a driving force, and I love that they got a second drummer to emphasize it on the last tour.

Anyways, countin' down the hours. Feeling blue-balled that we don't even know the album's name or tracklist yet. :f5:

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Daydreaming is really cool, but it's kinda scary. Like an even more stark How to Disappear where you spend the whole song going into the "underwater" part but never come out :sigh:

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I wonder if we'll be able to preorder physical copies tomorrow and get the dl? Otherwise you have to buy it twice or wait until June.

Skttrbrain
Apr 6, 2008

BigFactory posted:

I wonder if we'll be able to preorder physical copies tomorrow and get the dl? Otherwise you have to buy it twice or wait until June.

They gave us a download when Tomorrows Modern Boxes came out, so I would imagine this would be no different.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Treefingers is cool because of the stupid conspiracy theory I read once about Kid A predicting 9/11, and Treefingers works pretty well for that in the wake of How to Disappear Completely. And the album has plenty of atmospherics anyway.

Feral on a regular length Radiohead album would be fine, but for such a short tracklist as is, I just feel like, "Wait, that's loving it?"

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Thom Yorke crawling inside a cave and laying down in the snow is the saddest imagery.

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

One day I found out that my urine was acting like a powerful foaming agent.
New. Radiohead. Tomorrow. gently caress.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
One fan's absurdly detailed guesswork at how Burn the Witch was made: http://thekingofgear.com/post/144025326245/radioheads-burn-the-witch-instrumental-and

Batcat! Batcat!
Dec 21, 2009

It's been a long time since I've been this excited by a new album. Feels like this will finally overtake Kid A in the Radiohead oeuvre for me. The Paul Motherfucking-Thomas Anderson video for Daydreaming is brilliant, it's so good that it almost eclipses the brilliant stop-motion Burn the Witch video.

Can't wait. Just can't.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Finally, the day has come

Now those pesky new tracks are out in the open,

A new King of Limbs remix album!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So the album is out in less than 8 hours.

Does it have a name yet?

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

The fact that they have yet to reveal the title and track list is really interesting to me. Even with the last two "surprise" releases, we knew those details before the albums dropped (as I recall). I'm still not ruling out something crazy like a double album, or Big Boots/Follow Me Around/Lift making an appearance.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

68k posted:

The fact that they have yet to reveal the title and track list is really interesting to me. Even with the last two "surprise" releases, we knew those details before the albums dropped (as I recall). I'm still not ruling out something crazy like a double album, or Big Boots/Follow Me Around/Lift making an appearance.

I rule nothing out with this band

Hey cool two drummers on tour again

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Corvo
Feb 5, 2015

68k posted:

I'm still not ruling out something crazy like a double album

I'm just really hoping that what we do get is more substantial than TKOL, at least. They've played so many great new songs live since that album released that it would be a shame to see those tracks left off the new album. I'm hoping that if they insist on keeping things tight that they do what they did with In Rainbows and have a deluxe edition of some kind with extra material.

Speaking of which, considering both The King of Limbs and In Rainbows had some really nice deluxe editions, I think it's a safe assumption that the new album will have something along those lines as well. It will be interesting to see what they do since they're one of very few bands that care enough to put a lot of effort into something like that.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

It's coming out on XL, today being the digital release

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ZoDiAC_ fucked around with this message at 13:41 on May 8, 2016

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

ZoDiAC_ posted:

I rule nothing out with this band

Hey cool two drummers on tour again

That means this can happen again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FjL4BgFG6Y

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

That show was awesome for "using both drummers" songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTlRuTWqeag

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Steve2911 posted:

So the album is out in less than 8 hours.

Does it have a name yet?

For some reason I think it's going to be self-titled. I also think it's gonna be their last album as a band, and a self-titled final album would be a great way to end it.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Polo-Rican posted:

For some reason I think it's going to be self-titled. I also think it's gonna be their last album as a band, and a self-titled final album would be a great way to end it.

Why their last? :\

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

They've talked a billion times about how difficult / painful it is for them to make proper albums by this point, to the degree that people thought they had essentially broken up in the period before King of Limbs. Plus they're old, they each have good solo careers, and Radiohead has been around for a long-rear end time.

edit: this is the one I was thinking of:
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/radiohead-recording-a-new-album-would-kill-us-1770268.html

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 14:03 on May 8, 2016

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I suppose the half-decade breaks help with that.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Polo-Rican posted:

I have this weird feeling about this as well. But who knows...

Man, I'm gonna spend this evening in a 'head-hole. It's gonna be so good.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Corvo posted:

Speaking of which, considering both The King of Limbs and In Rainbows had some really nice deluxe editions, I think it's a safe assumption that the new album will have something along those lines as well. It will be interesting to see what they do since they're one of very few bands that care enough to put a lot of effort into something like that.

Amnesiac still has the best special edition, and Kid A the worst.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

68k posted:

... Big Boots/Follow Me Around/Lift making an appearance.

Yes please.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Hope the album is called True Love Waits

Cause if you love Radiohead you certainly do wait!

Burn the Witch coming to vinyl backed with Spectre

http://modern-vinyl.com/2016/05/05/radiohead-releasing-7-single-for-burn-the-witch/

June 17th seems the date for the album to get rolled out by XL

ZoDiAC_ fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 8, 2016

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Radiohead seems to be one of the only bands of their stature that is still managing to keep their albums under wraps and away from leakers (I suppose The Life of Pablo and that second Kendrick Lamar album managed the same), but it's really fun to have a release date that's abided by. It's a little taste of nostalgia. I'd love it if more bands were able to release albums in this fashion.

Corvo
Feb 5, 2015

I doubt that Radiohead will ever officially announce the end of the band or that any particular album is their final one because it doesn't really seem their style at all. They definitely take a more leisurely approach to their career at this point and just do albums whenever they feel like it, so there doesn't really seem to be any need to officially end things. Besides, there's also that interview with Jonny from last year where he said that they left it too long without making music together, which leaves me thinking that they don't want to have another large gap between releases and are probably going to try and reduce all the side projects.

Jonny also hinted that Lift will be on the new album during that same interview.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
At this point, I'm hoping for another sprawling, HTTT-length album. I was pretty disappointed in how short In Rainbows and TKOL were (due in no small part to the fact that I strongly dislike 2-4 songs on each of them).

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Less than 2 hours!!

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

Boywhiz88 posted:

Less than 2 hours!!

It's out 2pm EST - one hour later than you think.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
People are saying the name and track list have leaked via Amazon or something. I hope it's fake because if it's real then Radiohead have given their new album the shittest name ever.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Popcorn posted:

People are saying the name and track list have leaked via Amazon or something. I hope it's fake because if it's real then Radiohead have given their new album the shittest name ever.

Well regarding album names:

Hail to the Thief was awkward and on the nose politically.
People I knew IRL snickered when In Rainbows was announced
The King of Limbs is frankly still a terrible name

Album naming has not been their strong point for some time.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Polo-Rican posted:

It's out 2pm EST - one hour later than you think.

Imagine I posted it half an hour from now. Sorry about that!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The King of Limbs is a good name and a good album and everyone needs to shut up about it. :colbert:

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
that tracklist is real exciting

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Oh gently caress, there's a good surprise in there if it's legit.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Corvo posted:

I'm just really hoping that what we do get is more substantial than TKOL, at least. They've played so many great new songs live since that album released that it would be a shame to see those tracks left off the new album. I'm hoping that if they insist on keeping things tight that they do what they did with In Rainbows and have a deluxe edition of some kind with extra material.

Amnesiac had the best special edition and Kid A had the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

HD DAD posted:

Oh gently caress, there's a good surprise in there if it's legit.

I'm not loving looking. I can wait 100 mins. I will not look. I will not look.

Edit: calling it now that WASTE is going to go offline from the worldwide DDOS that's about to take place.