Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Popcorn posted:

People are saying the name and track list have leaked via Amazon or something. I hope it's fake because if it's real then Radiohead have given their new album the shittest name ever.

Post a link or something my Googling brings up nothing and the Radiohead reddit is banning "spoilers" for a loving album tracklist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014

olin posted:

I'm not loving looking. I can wait 100 mins. I will not look. I will not look.

I will, someone give me a link

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Ballz posted:

Post a link or something my Googling brings up nothing and the Radiohead reddit is banning "spoilers" for a loving album tracklist.

album's called A Moon Shaped Pool. tracks are

burn the witch
daydreaming
desert island disk
decks dark
the present tense
ful stop
identikit
the numbers
tinker tailor soldier sailor
glass eyes
true love waits

tracklist not in order

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

WASTE HAS GONE DOWN IN THE PAST. IF YOU HAVE WAITED 5 YEARS FOR AN ALBUM, YOU CAN WAIT A LITTLE LONGER

hell it might come out on youtube,

Maybe you can trial a Google play music trial for a week and listen instantly. I have done that and cancelled instantly
Same with Spotify

Please use spoiler tags if you get the tracklist in the next hour

ZoDiAC_ fucked around with this message at 17:31 on May 8, 2016

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Welp I'm peaceing out of the thread for the next two hours.

Corvo
Feb 5, 2015

Would be bummed if Cut a Hole didn't make it onto the album because that song is amazing.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
:eyepop: true love waits :eyepop:

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

hughesta posted:

album's called A Moon Shaped Pool. tracks are

burn the witch
daydreaming
desert island disk
decks dark
the present tense
ful stop
identikit
the numbers
tinker tailor soldier sailor
glass eyes
true love waits

tracklist not in order

if that track list is accurate I'm going to die today considering true love waits is pretty much my fav song of all time

who am i kidding, they're going to redo it with bleeps and bloops and it'll be completely inferior to the live version, kinda like what they did to videotape

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Won't comment further on it until we know it's legit, other than that album title sounds Radiohead as gently caress. Thanks for posting the info.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
I've never really understood Radiohead's extreme popularity. I mean they're incredible and amazing and consistently innovative but all the other bands I'd describe with those adjectives, like Liars for example, have no real acceptance by the masses.

It's just weird to me that my favourite band is one of the most famous in the world when every other band I like receives no attention at all. How does Radiohead manage to release such good music and not have everyone consider it crap?

edited: to link a loving masterpiece that only has 9,668 views on youtube. I really don't understand it.

AARO fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 8, 2016

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Thanks for the spoiler tags :) I indirectly saw some of the tracklist.

gently caress it, I'm happy if it's true.

Let's keep spoiler tags til official release.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
So. Radiohead don't know how to use hyphens.

I mean, obviously Thom doesn't. But there's arty bad grammar and then there's "no one at any point in the production chain noticed" bad grammar.

Very disappointing. If they'd made it available for pre-order I'd cancel mine.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

olin posted:

I've never really understood Radiohead's extreme popularity. I mean they're incredible and amazing and consistently innovative but all the other bands I'd describe with those adjectives, like Liars for example, have no real acceptance by the masses.

It's just weird to me that my favourite band is one of the most famous in the world when every other band I like receives no attention at all. How does Radiohead manage to release such good music and not have everyone consider it crap?

Why do you care what other people like? Do you trust newspaper reviews, your own ears, your friends... what gets you into good music?

Critical acclaim is nice but sales mean nothing in this era. We might not even find out Radiohead's sales - they are self contained now.

It is worth mentioning that Radiohead peaked early popularity wise; Creep is still the top RH song on Spotify when I last looked.

How do you judge popularity? Likes on Facebook? "Daww, I love CREEP, I'm gonna like this band!"

The second part of your post is much more interesting to consider.

Really though "lots of sales != good music" as ever was thus

ZoDiAC_ fucked around with this message at 17:42 on May 8, 2016

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Popcorn posted:

So. Radiohead don't know how to use hyphens.

I mean, obviously Thom doesn't. But there's arty bad grammar and then there's "no one at any point in the production chain noticed" bad grammar.

Very disappointing. If they'd made it available for pre-order I'd cancel mine.

You just don't get it, they're making like, a statement, man.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

gently caress hyphens.

I'm sad I never in public referred to one certain album as RADIO FORWARD SLASH H FORWARD SLASHHEAD

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I am officially anti hyphen

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014
This thread has helped me realize that I am a biased fanboy and like my radiohead in all shapes/sizes (Pablo Honey never counts)

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Well uh it's up on Google.

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

Google Play suck my dick

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Alexa has samples.

The youtube code for proof is u1OZ-S6I7FY

(Embedding will show the album title)

I will stick to WASTE - google doesn't need my money. Neither do Radiohead but it's their loving product

Corvo
Feb 5, 2015

Hahaha loving Google.

Corvo fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 8, 2016

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

ZoDiAC_ posted:

How do you judge popularity? Likes on Facebook? "Daww, I love CREEP, I'm gonna like this band!"

People who buy and sing along to to loving Adele albums will also buy this album today. Somehow this extremely good band has broken through and been liked and noticed by a lot of people who like bad music in general.

Half the people who buy this album today haven't even heard of a really famous bands like that are actually good like LCD Soundsystem. Radiohead has somehow broken through. I guess it was just creep being popular and then everyone just thought "Oh hey this is one of the bands I'm supposed to listen to."

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

gently caress it I'm waiting. :colbert:

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014
I'm going to wait only because WASTE will probably release a better file quality

E: right.....right????

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Caseman posted:

Well uh it's up on Google.

:staredog:

Of course, the most pretentious sounding name from the leak is even more pretentious sounding in full: Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Beggar Man Thief

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

modestmusashi posted:

I'm going to wait only because WASTE will probably release a better file quality

I wonder if the WAV album is gonna be like $35.

e:

Ballz posted:

Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Beggar Man Thief

what are you talking about thats loving awesome.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

I have a lot of respect for those of you capable of waiting. I won't say poo poo until it's actually out.
Happy LP9 Day folks.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

modestmusashi posted:

E: right.....right????

24 bit WAV most likely.

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014

Ballz posted:

Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Beggar Man Thief

Should have named the album that imo

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
lmao is the tracklist seriously in alphabetical order

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Gonna wait and see what fancy-pants physical edition they put up for pre-order is before dropping money on these tracks.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

HorseRenoir posted:

lmao is the tracklist seriously in alphabetical order

Makes sense; the linear album is dead for most listeners in the age of shuffle and playlists, many Radiohead fans customarily come up with their own tracklisting.

Could be that someone goofed but meh

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

....aaaaand it got pulled. Someone goofed.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That tracklist :eyepop:

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
Clearly someone noticed the lack of hyphen. They're working round the clock, frantically inserting hyphens to every digital copy.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
I'm the dork who enabled mobile notifications for @radiohead so I was surprised to read that it was "released" before they said anything; happy to wait another hour if there's an option beyond Google Play

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Decks Dark is better than anything on TKoL

Corvo
Feb 5, 2015

Google really screwed up, the albums leaked everywhere now.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Pour one out for the poor guy who got fired at Google Play today for not adjusting the scheduler to account for Daylight Savings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Pixies played whole gigs in alphabetical order.

If it serves the music... it works so far. got it off Google anyway. I'm still buying vinyl. Four tracks in. Hope yall blaze up, the sonics are great, the bass, strings, Burn the Witch is the standard of production and holds true

ZoDiAC_ fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 8, 2016