Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Tracks are in the wrong order apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corvo
Feb 5, 2015

True Love Waits got the Videotape treatment :(

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Corvo posted:

True Love Waits got the Videotape treatment :(

You mean it's the best song on the album?

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Thom just shouted for fucks sake.

Irl probably.

Jonny strings all over the first half, it's great. Ful Stop sounds like Portishead's Hunter in terms of rhythm section treatment

ZoDiAC_ fucked around with this message at 18:26 on May 8, 2016

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.
Maybe they put the album alphabetical to confuse/deter leakers and leak downloaders.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Oh my lord, Glass Eyes

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

identikit is loving great. Guitars man, plus Thom likes his voice again

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

This is the sequel to Amnesiac that I always wanted

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Lord Krangdar posted:

Maybe they put the album alphabetical to confuse/deter leakers and leak downloaders.

There's a transition in between Decks Dark and Desert Island Disk. It's the real tracklist

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

triple sulk posted:

This is the sequel to Amnesiac that I always wanted

It's the " Jonny using his strings, Thom likes his voice again, still musically distinct and coherent progressive album with SONGS not doodles" I wanted since post-Rainbows

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

Lord Krangdar posted:

to confuse/deter leakers and leak downloaders.

and pitchfork

http://pitchfork.com/news/65334-radiohead-release-new-album-a-moon-shaped-pool/

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

HorseRenoir posted:

There's a transition in between Decks Dark and Desert Island Disk. It's the real tracklist

Seconded. Don't sperg anyone it's just music.

The best music.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

HorseRenoir posted:

Was gonna post this but was just lazy, but yeah can confirm

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Numbers is real good.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I'm still holding off until we see what gets put up on WASTE.

Hopefully it'll be a packaging I don't feel like I'm destroying when opening it. My newspaper version of King of Limbs is still sealed, and I really want to listen to that album on a turntable. :sigh:

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

HorseRenoir posted:

I meant it was the real track-list, but maybe they arranged the real track-list with the names that way to make people think something went wrong with the inevitable leak (as is happening now).

Corvo
Feb 5, 2015

I wasn't expecting to laugh 2:30 into Identikit. Jesus Christ.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Ballz posted:

I'm still holding off until we see what gets put up on WASTE.

Hopefully it'll be a packaging I don't feel like I'm destroying when opening it. My newspaper version of King of Limbs is still sealed, and I really want to listen to that album on a turntable. :sigh:

You know the vinyl is transparent right? It's awesome

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Present Tense and its backing vocals. Jesus Christ

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Steve2911 posted:

You mean it's the best song on the album?

low key percussion and build, replace piano with Thom fingerpicking, it's more organic and less final than that version of videotape. Strings, layered guitars, shuffle rhythm (brushes). I love it it isn't a mere soundalike.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

ZoDiAC_ posted:

You know the vinyl is transparent right? It's awesome

I should see what it goes for on discogs. An album like that I'm fine double dipping on.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

It's now on iTunes FWIW and everything's the same

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Please stop using spoilers for a loving music album.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

triple sulk posted:

It's now on iTunes FWIW and everything's the same

Wtf do these people not understand about "Taken from our album released digitally on Sunday May 8th at 7pm BST".

18 loving minutes for fucks sake.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Please stop using spoilers for a loving music album.

True Love Waits is a piano ballad

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I know that its leaked so its kinda irrelevant now but BBC Radio 6 are playing the thing in its entirety at the top of the hour, might be worth checking out if you haven't got the thing yet

The hour before has been them playing random radiohead poo poo from their back catalogue, currently its the really good Glastonbury 97 version of No Surprises

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
all I want is A Moon Shaped Pool upon release

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Available from WASTE now:

https://amsp.wasteheadquarters.com/collections/frontpage

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
9 mins.....

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Verdict: It's Good

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Bonus track disc !!

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

A MOON SHAPED POOL
Special Edition
SPECIAL EDITION
£60.00
Price includes shipping (oh thanks)

-----------

Case bound album, inspired by the albums for 78rpm shellac records in the library of La Fabrique, France
32 pages of artwork
The 11 track album on two heavyweight 12" vinyl records
Two compact discs: one with the album and one with two extra tracks
Recording tape belly band applied *
320kbit MP3 or 16-bit WAV of the 11 track album available to download immediately
* This is a piece of a Radiohead ½ inch master tape from an actual recording session.
The tape degrades over time and becomes unplayable. We thought rather than it ending up as landfill we would cut it up and make it useful as a part of the special edition. A new life for some obsolete technology...
Each loop contains about ¾ of a second of audio - which could be from any era in the band's recording past going back to Kid A. You may have silence, you may have coloured leader tape, you may have a chorus... It's a crapshoot.

We have copies. Don't worry.

Digital file sizes:
320kbit MP3 120MB
16-bit WAV 515MB

---

So obviously the thing to do is everyone who orders it collaborate and assemble what's there to piss EMI off

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ZoDiAC_ posted:

A MOON SHAPED POOL
Special Edition
SPECIAL EDITION
£60.00
Price includes shipping (oh thanks)

-----------

Case bound album, inspired by the albums for 78rpm shellac records in the library of La Fabrique, France
32 pages of artwork
The 11 track album on two heavyweight 12" vinyl records
Two compact discs: one with the album and one with two extra tracks
Recording tape belly band applied *
320kbit MP3 or 16-bit WAV of the 11 track album available to download immediately
* This is a piece of a Radiohead ½ inch master tape from an actual recording session.
The tape degrades over time and becomes unplayable. We thought rather than it ending up as landfill we would cut it up and make it useful as a part of the special edition. A new life for some obsolete technology...
Each loop contains about ¾ of a second of audio - which could be from any era in the band's recording past going back to Kid A. You may have silence, you may have coloured leader tape, you may have a chorus... It's a crapshoot.

We have copies. Don't worry.

Digital file sizes:
320kbit MP3 120MB
16-bit WAV 515MB

uhhh link?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

olin posted:

I've never really understood Radiohead's extreme popularity. I mean they're incredible and amazing and consistently innovative but all the other bands I'd describe with those adjectives, like Liars for example, have no real acceptance by the masses.

It's just weird to me that my favourite band is one of the most famous in the world when every other band I like receives no attention at all. How does Radiohead manage to release such good music and not have everyone consider it crap?

edited: to link a loving masterpiece that only has 9,668 views on youtube. I really don't understand it.

I mean, Liars gets alt cred, I'm pretty sure, which is what Radiohead would be getting if they hadn't started out as an alt pop band.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
So with the cd theres no download?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

gently caress I'm gonna have to get that special edition. September though...

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It's out on Apple Music now

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Man, I wish I had 60 quid spare.

But how come you don't get a digital copy with the CD? That seems weird

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

Barry Foster posted:

But how come you don't get a digital copy with the CD? That seems weird

It's lame balls. Gonna have to buy both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

https://amsp.wasteheadquarters.com/collections/frontpage/products/special-edition?variant=19663076230