Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

the important thing is that we kill ghost ganglord today.

Who is ghost ganglord?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote GulagDolls

I think Gulag is scum. Their play is usually weird and kind of brief so that's nothing new, but their suspicions are strange. Rurea, BK, Jimson, Meinberg and Myself with little in the way of explanation. Voted everyone on that list but Flerp, but took the time to link their post history with a wow remark and nothing else.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
well it makes sense since my post history is so impressive

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

those suspicious sure are strange, ebcause you said so

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

those suspicious sure are strange, ebcause you said so

I'm glad you agree bby.

It just comes off to me like you don't have any fully formed opinions on anyone, not even weak ones. Either all gut feels or they're artificial.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i'm voting you because you're scum buddy. i can tell. i can tell from the words.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

##vote GulagDolls

I think Gulag is scum. Their play is usually weird and kind of brief so that's nothing new, but their suspicions are strange. Rurea, BK, Jimson, Meinberg and Myself with little in the way of explanation. Voted everyone on that list but Flerp, but took the time to link their post history with a wow remark and nothing else.

Metagaming is really dumb.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yet strangely effective :v:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Azuth0667 posted:

Metagaming is really dumb.

This isn't metagaming though if you would just read the entirety of the god damned post.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

This isn't metagaming though if you would just read the entirety of the god damned post.

Also Gulag's case on me is purely meta.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Also Gulag's case on me is purely meta.

Your face is meta :smugdon:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Looking at you post history Azuth... are you going to actually contribute to the game at some point?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Yep once the holiday is over.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Kashuno posted:

The hunters begin to arrive at the guild desk in the morning for the next day's hunt. As they approach, they see a felyne talking to the desk attendant.

"Oh my! And what happened to so many hunters?!"

The Felyne shakes his head. "I saw some craziness last night!

Bottleknight, Town Aligned Lance Wielding Tracker died last night!
Absurd Revolver, Town Aligned Sword and Shield Wielding Vengeful Bodyguard died last night!
Jimson, Scum Aligned Charge Blade Wielding Godfather/Juggernaut died last night!

WOW~ that is a serious bummer!! O H W E L L we got more monsters to hunt today you people that managed to not die!

TODAY'S

HUNT

IS

FEAST YOUR EYES ON THE MIZUTSUNE! it's a RANK 3 STAR hunt today!

And remember, if you forged last night, your weapon is now stronger and can hunt better!

Infinitum posted:

Looking at you post history Azuth... are you going to actually contribute to the game at some point?

Okay now stop being a whinging you gently caress.

We had 3 deaths of which I'm going to assume were 2 nightkills.

Nightkill 1: Someone killed BK for ~reasons~. I have no idea why the guy wanted to vote a claimed doctor that no one counter claimed. This could have been a town vigilante.
Nightkill 2: Rurea because Jimson was keeping his word. This one however went horribly awry because Absurd Revolver protected Rurea and the vengeful trigger killed Jimson.

This suggests that Rurea is probably town because I don't think Jimson would have been so agreeable about killing Rurea if they were on the same team. I'm sure you could argue that they were playing nth-dimensional chess and Rurea is really a scum but, none of us here are smart enough to pull that off.

Infinitum posted:

Voting for a dumbass doctor however...

You made the perfect excuse for a bandwagon since trying to get a doctor, yes even a dumb one, is very anti-town and I think much of the scum team took this bait.

First bandwagon on BK, :rip:, for the same poo poo:

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

BottleKnight (6): King Burgundy, Look Under The Rock, GulagDolls, Absurd Revolver, tpink, Mayor Glowku
Infinitum (2): King Burgundy, King Burgundy, imgay, imgay, imgay, Meinberg, Anomalous Amalgam, Jimson, Anomalous Amalgam, Jimson
imgay (1): Rurea, King Burgundy, Rurea, BottleKnight, King Burgundy, Infinitum, Rurea, Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Rurea
Rurea (1): Mayor Glowku, GulagDolls, Absurd Revolver, Azuth0667, GulagDolls, Absurd Revolver, Mayor Glowku
Jimson (1): Infinitum, Rurea, Infinitum, Rurea, Infinitum
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Jimson, flerp, Jimson
Mayor Glowku (1): Jimson
flerp (0): Infinitum, Infinitum

Not Voting (3): Anomalous Amalgam, iajanus, Rurea

Second bandwagon starting up on you for the same thing:

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Infinitum (4): King Burgundy, King Burgundy, imgay, imgay, imgay, Meinberg, Anomalous Amalgam, Jimson, Anomalous Amalgam, Jimson, King Burgundy, Anomalous Amalgam
BottleKnight (3): King Burgundy, Look Under The Rock, GulagDolls, Absurd Revolver, tpink, Mayor Glowku, flerp, Jimson, King Burgundy, Jimson, flerp, Mayor Glowku, Absurd Revolver
Rurea (2): Mayor Glowku, GulagDolls, Absurd Revolver, Azuth0667, GulagDolls, Absurd Revolver, Mayor Glowku, Azuth0667, Azuth0667, Absurd Revolver
Absurd Revolver (2): Jimson, Azuth0667, Azuth0667, Mayor Glowku
Look Under The Rock (1): BottleKnight
Jimson (1): Infinitum, Rurea, Infinitum, Rurea, Infinitum
imgay (0): Rurea, King Burgundy, Rurea, BottleKnight, King Burgundy, Infinitum, Rurea, Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Rurea, BottleKnight
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Jimson, flerp, Jimson, flerp
Mayor Glowku (0): Jimson, Jimson
flerp (0): Infinitum, Infinitum

Not Voting (3): flerp, iajanus, Rurea

Of the lovely votes that stayed on one of you we have these people in common:
King Burgundy - Votes imgay after his claim then suggests that infinitum is scum for doing the same thing. He later walks this back but, it still happened.
Look Under The Rock:

Look Under The Rock posted:

Oh that explains it

Yeah actually you know what, I'm not gonna bother defending myself against y'all at the moment, infinitum's vote was the worst of the bunch, I explained why I thought that and was ignored. The way you guys are playing is actively sucking the fun out of mafia so sure, dunk me, I have no interest in playing with scrubs.

When I flip town, go back and look at how hard glowku came down on me for calling out infinitum's bullshit "make a case" thing

This defense is basically "lol n00bz." Which translates to "I'm scum and not going to defend myself hahah :smugdon:." Perfectly okay with getting this guy because he's lurking too.

Gulagdolls - Makes no cases but, apologizes to Jimson for voting him. Potentially scum? There isn't really much evidence however they did claim serial killer.

tpink - Joined the bandwagon on BK but, contributed nothing else. Would be okay with this guy getting the lynch.

Meinberg - Really dumb reason to vote infinitum at the start. And posted literally nothing else. Would be okay with this guy getting the lynch.

Mayor Glowku - Made the claim with the insect glaive but, then who killed Absurd Revolver and why? Suggests that a doctor was healing Jimson and swapped it to Meinberg. So we either have a scum/dumb doctor or the hero of Earth told a fib.

After all that going to throw my lot in to get rid of the shittiest lurker:

##vote Look Under The Rock

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
I'm not usually this lurky, I do apologize for that. I keep forgetting I even reinstalled Awful.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I knew you had potential lad

Make mafia great again :smugdon:

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

I'm not usually this lurky, I do apologize for that. I keep forgetting I even reinstalled Awful.

You need to do more than that for the "lol n00bz" defense. Really why the gently caress did you think that was a good idea?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Votecount for Day 2

Look Under The Rock (6): Mayor Glowku, Rurea, King Burgundy, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, flerp, Azuth0667
Infinitum (1): Look Under The Rock
GulagDolls (1): Anomalous Amalgam
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Infinitum, Azuth0667, GulagDolls, Infinitum, Azuth0667
Mayor Glowku (0): flerp, flerp
Meinberg (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls

Not Voting (4): iajanus, imgay, Meinberg, tpink

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 09th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 13 hours, 29 minutes.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

We're at -1

Anything to say in your defence LUTR?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Yeah we're at half a day still so let the lurker try to say something.

##unvote

You have until I get back from work to convince us that you aren't worth killing and actually have some value to the town.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Azuth0667 posted:

Yeah we're at half a day still so let the lurker try to say something.

##unvote

You have until I get back from work to convince us that you aren't worth killing and actually have some value to the town.

Also provide us something funny because holy poo poo the "lol n00bz" defense is really dumb.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Look Under The Rock (5): Mayor Glowku, Rurea, King Burgundy, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, flerp, Azuth0667, Azuth0667
Infinitum (1): Look Under The Rock
GulagDolls (1): Anomalous Amalgam
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Infinitum, Azuth0667, GulagDolls, Infinitum, Azuth0667
Mayor Glowku (0): flerp, flerp
Meinberg (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls

Not Voting (5): Azuth0667, iajanus, imgay, Meinberg, tpink

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 09th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 12 hours, 48 minutes.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

LUTR you're basically at -1.

What's your role.
What are your reads.
What are you wearing.

Now's not the time to be lurky.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Azuth0667 posted:

Mayor Glowku - Made the claim with the insect glaive but, then who killed Absurd Revolver and why? Suggests that a doctor was healing Jimson and swapped it to Meinberg. So we either have a scum/dumb doctor or the hero of Earth told a fib.

I made my analysis on that earlier. I'm guessing Imgay tried to doctor jimson, who got swapped to Meinberg. Jimson made good on his promise to kill rurea but got cockblocked by Absurd. This is my guess, and The hero of the Earth would never fib.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Fake Edit: I put my comment inside the quote block...

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

:siren: PAGING DR. IMGAY TO THE THREAD STAT :siren:

Who did you treat last night?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Azuth0667 posted:

Who did you treat last night?

imgay posted:

Mama mia, I protected the god father last night

From the beginning of the day

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

That post is how I crafted the theory I currently have

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

The only oddity is how BottleKnight died

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Mayor Glowku posted:

That post is how I crafted the theory I currently have

You are correct I am sorry for doubting the hero of Earth.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Mayor Glowku posted:

The only oddity is how BottleKnight died

Gulagdolls is actually a serial killer and killed him?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Azuth0667 posted:

Gulagdolls is actually a serial killer and killed him?

This is actually the only game gulag hasn't claimed SK immediately

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

HI I'm here and around. Sorry, busy weekend.

I'm still comfortable with my LUTR vote. AA seems very suspicious to me as well, and doesn't seem to want to vote for LUTR.

And for clarity's sake: I received a PM that explicitly told me Absurd Revolver protected me. So from that I think it's ease to deduce what happened.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Azuth0667 posted:

Of the lovely votes that stayed on one of you we have these people in common:
King Burgundy - Votes imgay after his claim then suggests that infinitum is scum for doing the same thing. He later walks this back but, it still happened.

To be clear, my vote for imgay was a joke vote. Let me remind you of what I posted/responded to.

Rurea posted:

##Vote imgay
im sick of people slapping their nipples against their keyboards and pretending they can write posts that way. fix your spelling

King Burgundy posted:

I fully support this measure.

##Vote imgay

Also, first post is missing votefinder.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Rurea posted:

HI I'm here and around. Sorry, busy weekend.

I'm still comfortable with my LUTR vote. AA seems very suspicious to me as well, and doesn't seem to want to vote for LUTR.

And for clarity's sake: I received a PM that explicitly told me Absurd Revolver protected me. So from that I think it's ease to deduce what happened.

Again, just because I don't agree with the primary target doesn't make me scum. Without information from a flip suspicion based on not agreeing with a top lynch candidate isn't bizarre. LUTR is suspect, but I feel stronger suspicions from GulagDolls

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

I am a serial killer

Mayor Glowku posted:

This is actually the only game gulag hasn't claimed SK immediately

Yeah its their second post in the thread.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

To be clear, my vote for imgay was a joke vote. Let me remind you of what I posted/responded to.

Theres still some weird double standard going on here even with it being a joke vote.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Azuth0667 posted:

Yeah its their second post in the thread.

Oh you are correct. My bad bro.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Oh that explains it

Yeah actually you know what, I'm not gonna bother defending myself against y'all at the moment, infinitum's vote was the worst of the bunch, I explained why I thought that and was ignored. The way you guys are playing is actively sucking the fun out of mafia so sure, dunk me, I have no interest in playing with scrubs.

When I flip town, go back and look at how hard glowku came down on me for calling out infinitum's bullshit "make a case" thing

So are you going to post more or?

And quit attacking the hero of Earth. :bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

tpink posted:

So are you going to post more or?

:ironicat: :ironicat: :ironicat: :ironicat: :ironicat: :ironicat: :ironicat:

• Locked thread