Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
I love the fact that we get to see more of Kim Chi's subtle humor and shade once some of the louder personalities left the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Has there ever been a queen who throws shade as adorably as Kim Chi?

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
Kim chi needs her own reality tv show I could watch her forever

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Troposphere posted:

Kim chi needs her own reality tv show I could watch her forever

Kim Chi's Guide to Hooking Up

A reality dating show where the queens (in full drag) plays Cyrano and set up Kim Chi (in full on boy mode) with a different guy each week.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Nihonniboku posted:

Kim Chi's Guide to Hooking Up

A reality dating show where the queens (in full drag) plays Cyrano and set up Kim Chi (in full on boy mode) with a different guy each week.

A different Queen Team each week too (ideally with Bianca hosting). :swoon: Get on it LOGO!

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Is anyone going to dragcon? You could not pay me to go to dragcon.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

just got back to the uk and want to catchup, but i can't as i am in the uk and logo doesn't stream here.

can some help me out, please?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I'm still kind of bummed over who went home just because at this point she was the one I most wanted to win while acknowledging that all the ones left could win and I wouldn't actually be mad about it.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

CaptainScraps posted:

Any specifics why? I have some friends going this weekend but I'll be too busy showering my mother with love and affection. I've heard a few people speak disdainfully of Dragcon though so I'm curious what's the scoop.

I'm at the point where I'm ok with anyone winning but I deep down wanted it to be Chi Chi cuz it seems like she needs the money most. Interested to hear how she's been doing at the reunion.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

CaptainScraps posted:

Jesus Christ, no. I have friends who went last year and they said it was a big expensive unsatisfying fiasco.

Drag Stars At Sea I would consider.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

spite house posted:

Drag Stars At Sea I would consider.
At least then you're on a cruise and there's other poo poo to do or you can just relax in the sun

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Crocobile posted:

Any specifics why? I have some friends going this weekend but I'll be too busy showering my mother with love and affection. I've heard a few people speak disdainfully of Dragcon though so I'm curious what's the scoop.

I'm at the point where I'm ok with anyone winning but I deep down wanted it to be Chi Chi cuz it seems like she needs the money most. Interested to hear how she's been doing at the reunion.

1) Day drag;
2) Lines;
3) Fan base en masse;
4) Con funk;
5) Tired queens who just want their day to be over.

Drag fest you can see your favorite queens in the audience and have a drink with them. Drag con... Not so much.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

gandlethorpe posted:

Hey Thorgy

hii~

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

"I like it! You look like an 80s secretary going to a luncheon." :)

"I feel like this Untucked might not be as juicy as some of the others because we don't have Derrick in here to argue about her bad choices." :)

"I do wish your hair was bigger. Like...bigger." :)

Chichi: "And I'm like, all of you guys combined in one."
"Really?"
"Yeah. "
"All of us combined?"
"Yeah."
"OK." :)

this is all just from the first five minutes of the final Untucked episode

EDIT: OK I just had to post this Kim smile when she says her legs are tired so she can't show the other girls her runway

Combed Thunderclap fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 5, 2016

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I think Tracy Martel talked about this before season 7 even ended (on Feast of fun maybe?) Kim Chi notices EVERYTHING and will read you to filth without realising she's doing it :kimchi:

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Katya spoiled the real winner on Twitter, and I think we all saw this coming:

:v:

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

CaptainScraps posted:

1) Day drag;
2) Lines;
3) Fan base en masse;
4) Con funk;
5) Tired queens who just want their day to be over.

Drag fest you can see your favorite queens in the audience and have a drink with them. Drag con... Not so much.

Hahahah it also turns out that in addition to charging for entry, individual queens charge for autographs and photos.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

CaptainScraps posted:

Hahahah it also turns out that in addition to charging for entry, individual queens charge for autographs and photos.

This is standard BigCon stuff, for better (queens/celebs gotta get paid if only to cover attendance costs and most aren't even close to wealthy) or worse (it sucks to feel nickel and dimed, especially by your idols).

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

CaptainScraps posted:

that's like every con ever

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

CaptainScraps posted:

There ain't nothing wrong or out of line to do that. Everyone knows that Ru-inc is a money vacuum that probably isnt paying much if anything for low-placing contestant appearances past cutting 'sweetheart' deals for rented booth space. Besides, everyone that isn't a tumblr tween dragfan knows that cash tipping and drag go hand in hand. Its only sad when you try and charge people on the street 30 years later like Lou Ferrigno.

But if it makes you feel better apparently Pandora Boxx go robbed of her ill-gotten photo money. Or was she mopped? Is there a specific term for stealing coins from a drag queen? There should be.

Katya was selling these at drag con. The graphic for step 4 makes me crack up every time.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
Tomorrow's episode is just the rehash/never before seen clips episode, right? It's not the finale?

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

shadow puppet of a posted:

There ain't nothing wrong or out of line to do that. Everyone knows that Ru-inc is a money vacuum that probably isnt paying much if anything for low-placing contestant appearances past cutting 'sweetheart' deals for rented booth space. Besides, everyone that isn't a tumblr tween dragfan knows that cash tipping and drag go hand in hand. Its only sad when you try and charge people on the street 30 years later like Lou Ferrigno.

But if it makes you feel better apparently Pandora Boxx go robbed of her ill-gotten photo money. Or was she mopped? Is there a specific term for stealing coins from a drag queen? There should be.

Katya was selling these at drag con. The graphic for step 4 makes me crack up every time.

I want this so bad

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Mouse Dresser posted:

Tomorrow's episode is just the rehash/never before seen clips episode, right? It's not the finale?

Bianca Del Rio's Rolodex Of Hate!

...I believe the finale is the week after that.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I think go.

When are they shooting the finale? Today? Tomorrow?

Echo Video
Jan 17, 2004

was any of that worth it, we turned it off five minutes in

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Echo Video posted:

was any of that worth it, we turned it off five minutes in

Not really. I like Bianca, but I think I got maybe 2 or 3 laughs out of the 90 minutes, and they were chuckles at best. She needed to spend less time talking about how everyone is too PC these days, and focus on making us laugh. Also, after 90 minutes her voice becomes incredibly grating.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
we didn't even try watching it after seeing the commercial honestly. we checked to see if there was a recap episode and since there wasn't we watched got instead

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Oh did they actually show Rolodex of Hate? The wife and I watched about fifteen minutes of it a couple weeks ago before giving up. poo poo just wasn't funny.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

The Roast of Bianca Del Rio was way funnier (and also a total mess that wasn't TV-ready, but that's drag!).

LOGO is livestreaming the finale red carpet on Facebook right now! :dance: Dax, Kim Chi, and Trixie are on right now (Trixie is playing the Joan Rivers role) and they all look amazing :swoon:

EDIT: ACID BETTY IS A LOBSTER ON LSD

Combed Thunderclap fucked around with this message at 00:34 on May 11, 2016

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
No, it really wasn't funny at all. She had a physical prop on stage of a Rolodex, filled with things she hated, but she never touched it and never talked about things she hated, other that reiterating over and over that everyone is too PC, then talked about her mom and growing up. The stuff about growing up, if true, was sorta interesting, but it had the potential of being funny and touching, yet was neither.

She also had a really annoying habit of telling a joke that would have been mildly shocking 20 years ago, then screaming "Oh gently caress you!" at the audience even though no one was jeering. I think she was trying to pull a Joan Rivers with that, but Joan Rivers was genuinely funny and shocking.

Mostly I really just want new Joan Rivers stand-up :sadwave:

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I'm a big Bianca fan, but I've always thought that she was at her best when riffing. Every time she's had a pre-written bit, I've been underwhelmed.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Bianca and Bob just need to go on a comedy tour together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddRxA10LC9Y

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.
This is an interesting article about the rise of aggressive straight women disrupting drag shows. I guess we straight ladies, tired of having to be on the defense in regular bars, have let the safeness of gay bars give us a false sense of security, and in turn are become obnoxious jerks.

Obnoxious Straight Ladies, don't ruin it for the rest of us straight ladies who like to be welcome in gay bars and drag shows! Be kind. Be respectful. And don't forget to tip a bitch!

http://primemind.com/articles/strai...mpaign=identity

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Honestly, straight ladies have been somewhat obnoxious in gay bars for a while now.

I feel bad even saying it because we, of all people, should not be excluding anyone based on orientation. However, unless it's a big noisy dance club type of bar, most of us like a nice low key place to hang out. Especially here in the Bible belt where a place to feel safe and comfortable is worth it's weight in gold. Then a bachelorette party comes in drunk and screaming and thinks we're all just dying to cater to them. We appreciate that y'all feel comfortable and safe around us, but no one likes an obnoxious houseguest.

I've even had straight women get drunk and think it's totally ok to grab my crotch (hard), and say something stupid like "let's see what you're working with!" When I've pushed their hand away and said "that's not ok" they get offended. I wouldn't dream of doing that to you! Because my hand would smell funny.

Honestly, ladies, a small number of y'all are ruining it for the rest of you.

Edit: the one part of Bianca's standup that made me laugh was chiding straight women for doing the unthinkable in the bathroom at the bar; going to the bathroom. The bathroom is for sucking dick and checking your hair!

criscodisco fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 12, 2016

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

The Abbey in West Hollywood instituted a "no bachelorette parties" rule a while back and I really hope it starts a trend because Christ, that poo poo is embarrassing.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Stabitha posted:

This is an interesting article about the rise of aggressive straight women disrupting drag shows. I guess we straight ladies, tired of having to be on the defense in regular bars, have let the safeness of gay bars give us a false sense of security, and in turn are become obnoxious jerks.

Obnoxious Straight Ladies, don't ruin it for the rest of us straight ladies who like to be welcome in gay bars and drag shows! Be kind. Be respectful. And don't forget to tip a bitch!

http://primemind.com/articles/strai...mpaign=identity

My favorite thing about this article is the passing assumption that straight women can like drag but not straight men

Edit:

quote:

The absence of straight men lets us get drunker and feel freer than we otherwise might.

Like it's just dropped in there as a "naturally, at the gay bar, during a drag show, no straight men will be present"

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

big black turnout posted:

My favorite thing about this article is the passing assumption that straight women can like drag but not straight men

To be fair, when you're talking to a large enough audience, you play the numbers. What I mean is that, sure, there's certainly lots of straight guys open minded enough let go and just have fun watching a great performance, but it's certainly much less than half, at least when you're taking the entire country/world into consideration.

If I were writing an article about proper decorum in a titty bar, I would write it with straight men in mind. That being said, there's women who enjoy titty bars and I, being gayer than old paree, love a nice grimy titty bar.

I'm not defending it, just saying that I can understand writing to the audience that you assume will be reading it. I didn't read the article, though, so I could just be talking out of my rear end.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

criscodisco posted:

To be fair, when you're talking to a large enough audience, you play the numbers. What I mean is that, sure, there's certainly lots of straight guys open minded enough let go and just have fun watching a great performance, but it's certainly much less than half, at least when you're taking the entire country/world into consideration.

If I were writing an article about proper decorum in a titty bar, I would write it with straight men in mind. That being said, there's women who enjoy titty bars and I, being gayer than old paree, love a nice grimy titty bar.

I'm not defending it, just saying that I can understand writing to the audience that you assume will be reading it. I didn't read the article, though, so I could just be talking out of my rear end.

It doesn't bother me or anything tbh. I just thought it was a funny aside, because I probably love drag shows more than my wife

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
As a straight man Drag Race is the only show I actually stay up to date with as the episodes come out and my wife has been to more non-male strip clubs than I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I've said it before and I'll say it again: no breeders, no bleeders.

• Locked thread