Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
At least Ramsay being a top-tier archer has been established as early as the third season. Of course it hasn't been mentioned since but you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009
Wun Wun will be seconds away from finishing off someone and Ramsey will interrupt it with an arrow through the back of the head while our camera is on the giant's face.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I know it's pointless to think about since the book is never coming out, but Jesus think of how nicely we could speak of GRRM in comparison to the show, now.

Stannis is on his way to Winterfell with Asha, Lady Mormont, the dude from the Iron Bank, etc. to kill Roose and Ramsay.

Fat Wyman Manderly.

Theon is running off with Mance Rayder.

Rickon is the Cannibal King of Skaagos.

Sansa is with Littlefinger in the Vale.

There's like 100 characters in place to make the North interesting.

In the show Ramsay is poo poo and the north is poo poo.

The Umber that showed up in this episode was practically winking at the camera "your father was a oval office and I loving hate wildlings, I'm a northerner and we SWEAR and are really GRUMPY and INDEPENDENT" alright dude, jesus christ settle down. Compare that to the Greatjon in Season 1 who did the same thing, but with like, style.

I'd be surprised if he isn't feinting and will turn on Ramsay, but then on the other hand the extra spoilers say he stays loyal and has a Boss Battle with Tormund, so who knows what the gently caress

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Game of Thrones: Season 6 - The one where we blow the lid off of every GRRM plot with no future.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Ned also acted and looked nothing like Sean Bean. Given how dull the rest of this episode was, I think they must have thought that this was going to be the good scene of the episode.

Please can we have another book now?

Watching it now on Youtube here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgFPVae1Cb8

He's a good soundalike for Bean at least. They're relying on the haircut to make him look like Ned.

The fighting is awful though, never mind the adapting. I much prefer the quiet implication that Ned was a stone cold motherfucker who didn't need to show it than what we got, but that's the nature of this beast.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I want to brush the hair out of his mouth so bad

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Some dumb babby is insisting that the tower of joy scene was awesome, what is wrong with this stupid world?

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Lol that the show is so terrible it actually makes Bad Thread posters wish for a new book

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

mossyfisk posted:

Lol that the show is so terrible it actually makes Bad Thread posters wish for a new book

This is what we get for dealing in absolutes.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

At least my best friend Stannis is alive in the books for maybe two more chapters and there's next to no chance of Brienne killing him. Having Brienne do it feels like a personal and direct insult to me.

It also makes me irrationally annoyed that Bran is rocking himself a neat and tidy haircut this year when he's chilling under a tree with only Meera, Hodor and Max von Sydow with next to nothing on his person. At least give him a long hair wig if he doesn't want to grow it out in real life. It's the easiest thing to make it look at least somewhat consistent.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 19:16 on May 9, 2016

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Book vs Show dialogue

show posted:

Your friend the usurper would lie beneath the ground if we had been.

GRRM posted:

Woe to the Usurper if we had been,” said Ser Oswell.

Sums everything up right there.

Disappointing as the Tower of Joy was, I thought the choreographed sword fighting was a lot better than the usual two people slowly swinging swords around, even if it was Star Wars prequel silly.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

I don't know if anyone ever came up with this one, but my newest theory for the show after last night is that Arya will become the Hound after being given Gregor's name from the faceless men. They know he is alive when he should not be and they send her to kill him.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yeah mug as the toj fight was mediocre it was still better than the godawful stuff from season 5. Everyone hates in the sand snakes fight and rightfully so, but almost nobody mentions just how awful selmy street fight or jorah's arena fights were.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Too bad the show runners had a hard on for their old dual wield Ranger D&D character instead of making Dane fight with a big fuckoff great-sword. Of course Ned is supposed to have a big gently caress off great-sword too...but bad TV show is bad. Like why even change those details? Some stunt coordinator thought it would look more bad rear end the way they did it vs the way GRRM wrote it?

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

davecrazy posted:

Some stunt coordinator thought it would look more bad rear end the way they did it vs the way GRRM wrote it?

But Martin hasn't written it. Embrace the new canon.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It also makes me irrationally annoyed that Bran is rocking himself a neat and tidy haircut this year when he's chilling under a tree with only Meera, Hodor and Max von Sydow with next to nothing on his person. At least give him a long hair wig if he doesn't want to grow it out in real life. It's the easiest thing to make it look at least somewhat consistent.

Everything with Bran's storyline is now "a wizard did it." Bloodraven has pretty tidy hair and beard for having been fused to a tree for what the show is calling "a thousand years," which I guess makes him pretty much not Bloodraven in the show anyway.

Bran is no longer required to fuse with the weirwood, he just has to hold on to some tree roots to see whatever he wants. He's no longer limited to watching through the weirwoods; he can see anything that happened anywhere at any time, it seems. Why Bloodraven would end up fused to the tree is now a mystery, because it's not a necessary component of their remote viewing.

JumpinJackFlash posted:

Kinda sad we didn't get Arya warging into a cat

It seems like they've all but written out warging in general. They've removed all instances of Arya doing it, I don't recall them showing that Jon might be able to do it, and Shaggydog is dead, so no chance for Rickon. Bran was doing it back in like, season 1, but I don't think he's done it since. They'll still probably shoe-horn it back in there for Bran later on, when it's convenient, but I think they're treating him as the only warg. Which means we also are probably never getting Nymeria and her wolf army.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
But I guess that at least now we won't have people arguing the Howland Reed has been in hiding all these years because he got stuck inside Arthur Dayne's body.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

AtAt-de-fay posted:

But Martin hasn't written it. Embrace the new canon.

Fair point but in GoT one of the chapters specifically mentions Ed brought Dawn back to house Dayne. Why would Arthur have it on him and not fight with it.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
theres a scene coming up in, I think, episode 6 where Sansa discovers she can warg. She wargs into a mouse and subsequently gets raped by a rat.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

LOL, Arthur Dayne died from a cheap shot from Howland Reed.

LOL, Rickon isn't the Cannibal King of Skaagos, he was just chilling with the Umbers.

LOL, they're actually doing the "well technically I'm released from my vows" Jon Snow rules lawyering.

Eat poo poo book readers. It's going in the worst direction.

Alliser's bloated dead face was the best part of the episode. That actor was the most perfectly cast unlikable rear end in a top hat.

And Arya's 36 Chambers of Shaolin was pretty dope.

TommyGun85 posted:

was Ned ever established as being one of the greatest swordsman who ever lived? I don't remember this to be true.

Also, how exactly did you think the ToJ fight went down with Reed. I always imagined Reed to cheapshot Dayne somehow.

I also always thought that they did some backstabbing to kill Arthur Dayne. And I don't think that Ned was supposed to one of the greatest swordsmen.

Has there been any good duels after the first season? drat I liked Bronn's duel in the Vale.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

jsoh posted:

How could the show kill shaggy dog when the entire point of the story is dany or maybe Davos seeing him and saying he's not really that shaggy

Pretty sure that is exactly why they killed him off.

mossyfisk posted:

we always have wanted a new book. we rage because we never get a new book. we get a book divided in half. we get the next book that is half of the half we were promised. we ask for a book and we get wildcards. we ask for a new book and we get HBO. we ask for a new book and we get the Wittiest Quotes of Tyrion. we ask for a book and we get Jets and a movie Theatre and blogging about HBO casting and Hugo awards.

Like a heroin addict on his daily dose of methadone - we take the show, because it is all we can get and it helps soothe the ache inside.

I Own Soulz posted:

I don't know if anyone ever came up with this one, but my newest theory for the show after last night is that Arya will become the Hound after being given Gregor's name from the faceless men. They know he is alive when he should not be and they send her to kill him.

I don't like it, but I could see that.

Mnemosyne posted:

Everything with Bran's storyline is now "a wizard did it." Bloodraven has pretty tidy hair and beard for having been fused to a tree for what the show is calling "a thousand years," which I guess makes him pretty much not Bloodraven in the show anyway.

My GF cracked up when she saw him standing in his little hidey hole talking. It was horrible looking. Also I think that creepy elf is trying to get Meera to bang Bran. Just sayin.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

davecrazy posted:

Show Jon was at Hardhome, fought an Other, and literally saw the Nights King raising a wight army. Instead of coming back from the dead to face this very real threat he's all gently caress this poo poo, I'm out!

Much like for the readers, it's taken so loving long for the Others to actually do anything that Jon's just forgotten about them.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
must have been a fake shaggydog

otherwise the series won't have an ending

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

davecrazy posted:

Too bad the show runners had a hard on for their old dual wield Ranger D&D character instead of making Dane fight with a big fuckoff great-sword. Of course Ned is supposed to have a big gently caress off great-sword too...but bad TV show is bad. Like why even change those details? Some stunt coordinator thought it would look more bad rear end the way they did it vs the way GRRM wrote it?

Better question. Why did Dane only have one guy with him? Could they not afford enough extras to cast both Gerold and Oswell?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Liquid Communism posted:

Better question. Why did Dane only have one guy with him? Could they not afford enough extras to cast both Gerold and Oswell?

Real Answer: I think D&D are changing as many little details as possible so as to put their own "spin" on things because they think of themselves as artists.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.

Hogge Wild posted:

Has there been any good duels after the first season? drat I liked Bronn's duel in the Vale.

I thought the hound vs brienne was pretty good, it's been a while though idk

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
A lot of Syrio's training stuff was cool too and gave me too high of hopes for the rest of the show.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
whats up with Ned hearing Bran's voice? What are the implications?

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Liquid Communism posted:

They could be saving a dude for a fight inside tower. In a spiral stairway would be cool.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

kcroy posted:

Ned hears Bran's voice in the book as well, though I think he's just polishing his sword in the weirswood in that instance. I always assumed that Bran was either going to end up responsible for everything bad that happened, or somehow change the past through his action.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Klungar posted:

Ned hears Bran's voice in the book as well, though I think he's just polishing his sword in the weirswood in that instance. I always assumed that Bran was either going to end up responsible for everything bad that happened, or somehow change the past through his action.

Probably the former, hence Bloodraven waiting around for 1000 years to clean up his mess.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

kcroy posted:

Setting up Bran talking to Theon? If we don't get that, gently caress D & D even harder.

Yeah, I know it should have happened last season and what it motivates Theon to do will have to be different now. I still want it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Also for some reason whenever I imagined the TOJ I thought the fight was going on inside the room with Lyanna giving birth in the background lol

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

kcroy posted:

He's going to interact with the past in a way that sets the course for the current events to happen. Prior to the last episode I figured he was going to accidentally distract Dayne in the same way he yelled to Ned.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

This is the first time I've ever heard of the book theory that the high sparrow is howland reed but I've read it eight times today. What the gently caress makes anyone think that?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Krinkle posted:

This is the first time I've ever heard of the book theory that the high sparrow is howland reed but I've read it eight times today. What the gently caress makes anyone think that?

wat

thats really retarded

so its likely true

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Clegane Bowl is looking more and more likely.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Nah, they're gonna find out Howland has some McGuffin after BranRaven completes his training and him and Meera will have to walk back to Southeros to get it.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
lyanne didnt warg hodor, but she warged howland reed instead, and the future bran warged past hodor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

Evil Fluffy posted:

Clegane Bowl is looking more and more likely.

i'm actually reasonably hype for clegane bowl because we might as well go Full Xena Warrior Princess with this show