Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

In the speakeasies of New York City, drunken patrons bandy about fantastical tales of Shine, a batch of moonshine that triggers extraordinary abilities in those who drink it. To most people, Shine is just an urban legend, and Prohibition is just the Man trying to keep the common people from their alcohol.

In a small number of backroom speakeasies, however, Shine is real, and Prohibition has long since ceased being about alcohol. To a small but growing group of customers, Shine makes flight, telekinesis, or telepathy a matter of a couple drinks. There is a darker side of Shine, however - Shine affects the mind as well as the body, and several of those who drink it have gone mad - or worse, become monsters. A less exotic threat, but no less dangerous, is organized crime. Flush with the power and influence of Shine, organized crime has become bolder and bolder, and the newly organized FBI struggles to contain their influence.

Shine is a flavorful closed-setup game of Mafia for 21 players.

General Rules:
  • Standard Mafia Rules are in effect for this game. Don't be a dick.
  • Twilight posting after the hammer is acceptable, but the thread will be closed when the flip is posted.
  • No replacements will be allowed beyond Day 1 - please don't sign up if you aren't going to put actual effort into this game.
  • Days will be ~24-36 hours (or more, depending on weekends) and Nights will be ~12-24 hours. Nights will be closed but I'll reopen the thread promptly.
  • Votes will be by majority, and no-lynches are possible.
  • Anti-Lurking Rule:
    • If you don't make at least 10 posts in a game day, you will be HATED the next game day and require one less vote to lynch.
    • If you are already HATED and do not make at least 10 posts the following game day, you will be MODKILLED.
    • The above rules will be disregarded if hammer happens more than 2 hours before deadline, and will probably only be in effect for the first 2-3 game days.

Player List:
  1. Absurd Revolver aka Finley Oliver, Town-Aligned Vanilla {Doublevoter} was banned from Morrow's Pub on Day 6!
  2. Anomalous Amalgam aka Jenny Miller, FBI-Aligned Vanilla {Hider} was filled with lead on Night 3!
  3. Azuth0667 aka Otto Saunders, Town-Aligned Vanilla {Jailer} was horribly eviscerated on Night 3!
  4. Deadbeat Dad aka James Moire, Mafia-Aligned Godfather {Alignment Cop} was banned from Morrow's Pub on Day 3!
  5. dongsbot 9000
  6. Friction.123 aka Michael McTigue, FBI-Aligned Shine Roleblocker, was banned from Morrow's Pub on Day 7!
  7. Hal Incandenza aka Adam Connor, Town-Aligned Doctor {Governor} was thrown in the slammer on Night 5!
  8. HiipFire aka Torrey Malloy, aka The Mad Chameleon, Self-Aligned Serial Killer {Absorber} was banned from Morrow's Pub on Day 4!
  9. Infinitum aka Maria Bello, Town-Aligned Vanilla {Universal Backup} was thrown in the slammer on Night 6!
  10. Izzhov aka Natalie Cochrane, Town-Aligned Alignment Cop {Lie Detector} was filled with lead on Night 4!
  11. JakeP aka Krista Ferreiro, Town-Aligned Vanilla {Voyeur} was filled with lead on Night 1!
  12. Jimson aka Robert Morrow, Town-Aligned Shine Bartender {Voting Modifier} was thrown in the slammer on Night 7!
  13. Kashuno aka Cindi Blanchett, Town-Aligned Shine Distributor {Bulletproof}, was banned from Morrow's Pub on Day 2!
  14. King Burgundy aka Emily Lucard, Town-Aligned Vanilla {Oracle} was thrown in the slammer on Night 4!
  15. Mayor Glowku aka Jack Mulrooney, FBI-Aligned Vanilla {Role Cop}, was banned from Morrow's Pub on Day 8!
  16. Murmur Twin
  17. Propaganda Machine aka Jonathan McEwan, Town-Aligned Vanilla {Tracker}, was banned from Morrow's Pub on Day 1!
  18. Quidnose aka Kit Graner, Mafia-Aligned Vanilla {Thief}, was banned from Morrow's Pub on Day 5!
  19. TMMadman aka Eva Adimari, Town-Aligned Vanilla {Watcher} was thrown in the slammer on Night 2!
  20. VivaNova aka Iskra Miloslovsky, Town-Aligned Shine Brewer {Day Shine Role Cop} was horribly eviscerated on Night 1!
  21. zzyzx aka Annette Dumas, Mafia-Aligned Usurper {Deflector} was banned from Morrow's Pub on Day 2!

Podima fucked around with this message at 22:13 on May 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
First sign up!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Ya ok whatev man

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Ewww I have to pretend to be from New York? Just shoot me first. (this is a signup)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Just start the game now, I want to play a 3-player mafia game with TMM and Kash

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
I like the anti-lurking rule. I'll play!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Izzhov posted:

I like the anti-lurking rule. I'll play!

I've used it before and been pretty happy with the results, yeah.

Also - this game may take a little bit to fill since it's pretty big. Tell your friends! It'll be a good time!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'll play!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
this is really cool flavor and should be a book

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm in.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I've been in a slump lately, maybe something like this will help me be a less lovely mafia player.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
why not

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I'll play.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
There's nothing I want more than to be hated

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
I already hate u glowku so sign me up.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Jimson posted:

Something something cucked

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Forgot that got auto changed lol

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Mayor Glowku posted:

Forgot that got auto changed lol

Cuck I'm gay

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Jimson posted:

Cuck I'm gay

same but unironically

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Put me in, I must redeem myself.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just 9 spots left! And good news - the flavor for this game is 100% written, so once we're full I can start immediately!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I wanna play!

Also, this Prohibition-era speakeasy near-ish me just got restored and reopened, so that's cool, too.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Goodnight thread, hopefully in the morning we can tear into eachother

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jimson posted:

By the way, Jimson - I'd appreciate it if you didn't lurk or low-effort shitpost your way through this game. :) I believe in you!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Super busy this week. And in games still. But have to join due to Quid's personal invite.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Super busy this week. And in games still. But have to join due to Quid's personal invite.

:toot: You can do it KB! Let's find scum together!!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

:toot: You can do it KB! Let's find scum together!!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
perhaps ill play

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

perhaps ill play

:glare:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Podima posted:

By the way, Jimson - I'd appreciate it if you didn't lurk or low-effort shitpost your way through this game. :) I believe in you!

Am I allowed to?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ill do it

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
hey i wanna play

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Any bets on Hiip being hated by D2?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

HiipFire posted:

hey i wanna play

I hate to be that guy but...

Podima posted:

General Rules:
  • No replacements will be allowed beyond Day 1 - please don't sign up if you aren't going to put actual effort into this game.
  • Anti-Lurking Rule:
    • If you don't make at least 10 posts in a game day, you will be HATED the next game day and require one less vote to lynch.
    • If you are already HATED and do not make at least 10 posts the following game day, you will be MODKILLED.
    • The above rules will be disregarded if hammer happens more than 2 hours before deadline, and will probably only be in effect for the first 2-3 game days.

I'm really looking to run an active game, and I've put a lot of effort into encouraging that in various ways. Your track record isn't the best here, though I know part of that is due to time zones. Are you good to go for this game?

~~~

Also, general question for the peanut gallery. It looks like we should be able to kick off tomorrow morning - how does a 36-hour D1 sound, with subsequent days running between 24-36 from there? Too short, or just right? (Basically, start in the morning of one day and finish in the evening of the next day.)

You are all excellent people for signing up and I am super excited to get this game rolling!

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

What did you just call me?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I'm capable of reading the op yes im good

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'll pull out

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

gently caress it.

Sign me the gently caress up.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

HiipFire posted:

I'm capable of reading the op yes im good

To HiipFire's credit he has been actively participating in games lately.

Especially after the Lynch All Lurkers style push seen recently in many mafia games.

EY YO IT'S YA BOY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Still gonna turbo his rear end D1 tho

• Locked thread